PDA

View Full Version : MSU Women

SteelCurtain74
03-03-2022, 07:39 PM
playing Kentucky on SECN. Down 4 w/3 minutes in 2 qtr.

basedog
03-03-2022, 07:41 PM
Thanks for reminding me I think. LOL

SteelCurtain74
03-03-2022, 07:42 PM
Down 8 at half

RocketDawg
03-03-2022, 08:36 PM
Down by 19 with just under 4 minutes left in the game. Make that 17 - but we don't have a chance.

OLJWales
03-03-2022, 08:53 PM
Everything's Gone to Hell.

Bothrops
03-03-2022, 11:37 PM
We are a ________ school right now. Who fills the blank first?

State82
03-04-2022, 08:53 AM
We are a ________ school right now. Who fills the blank first?

17ed

EdwardDrayton
03-04-2022, 08:59 AM
The ‘State Seven’ will forever hold a place in our hearts. And would be remiss not to include Denae Carter as an integral part of this team despite her injury.

And if we truly believe in a meritocracy, Doug Novak is our permanent coach.

SteelCurtain74
03-04-2022, 10:04 AM
The ‘State Seven’ will forever hold a place in our hearts. And would be remiss not to include Denae Carter as an integral part of this team despite her injury.

And if we truly believe in a meritocracy, Doug Novak is our permanent coach.

I've been ambivalent towards Novak and whether he should or shouldn't get the job. The big knock on him, or at least what's been brought up, is his recruiting ability. He has done a good job this year of making lemonade out of lemons.

The issue I see is once this group of players, who are campaigning for him as coach, is gone, will he be able to keep our talent level the same or better than we currently have? I look around the league at Mulkey at LSU, the improvement of the Ole Miss team, Vic at A & M or Texas, Staley at SC, Tennesse, etc. and wonder if he has the ability to compete on the recruiting trail with those teams. I honestly don't know but if there is a better more proven option out there, Cohen would be derelict in his duty to just hand it over to Novak.

CaptainObvious
03-04-2022, 10:31 AM
I've been ambivalent towards Novak and whether he should or shouldn't get the job. The big knock on him, or at least what's been brought up, is his recruiting ability. He has done a good job this year of making lemonade out of lemons.

The issue I see is once this group of players, who are campaigning for him as coach, is gone, will he be able to keep our talent level the same or better than we currently have? I look around the league at Mulkey at LSU, the improvement of the Ole Miss team, Vic at A & M or Texas, Staley at SC, Tennesse, etc. and wonder if he has the ability to compete on the recruiting trail with those teams. I honestly don't know but if there is a better more proven option out there, Cohen would be derelict in his duty to just hand it over to Novak.

I agree. We might be better off cleaning house in both basketball programs and start over, rebuilding from the ground up. It took Coach Yo 2 years to take Ole Miss Women from bottom of conference to a Top 6 team in one of the best conferences.

It can be done at State.

As for the Men. 100% believe a total clean out and remake of the program is needed. There is too much money being left on the table and woefully too much being paid out for the product we are getting.

Tbonewannabe
03-04-2022, 10:35 AM

Is he good enough that he can get great recruiters working for him to get the players in? Was Richard Williams a great recruiter or did he just rely on Stans to get the talent and he coached them up?

tcdog70
03-04-2022, 11:58 AM
shit-just give Him another year-to play with a full deck and Jessica--the job he has done with Charlotte gets my vote. See what he does next year --if he does well give him an extension if not move on.

basedog
03-04-2022, 12:21 PM
He deserves the job! He has proven he can coach, the players like him so there is no reason he can't recruit.

tcdog70
03-04-2022, 12:34 PM
He deserves the job! He has proven he can coach, the players like him so there is no reason he can't recruit.

with the transfer portal--he can get His kind of players. with our freshman carter and our Sr Carter with what we have returning He will win games.

basedog
03-04-2022, 12:54 PM
with the transfer portal--he can get His kind of players. with our freshman carter and our Sr Carter with what we have returning He will win games.

Totally agree, beginning of the season I thought we should bring in a new Coach. But now watching his style and how hard the players play with 7 sometimes 6 players and all under 6' is remarkable. He works hard it's obvious, so recruiting want be a problem.

maroonmania
03-04-2022, 02:19 PM
Totally agree, beginning of the season I thought we should bring in a new Coach. But now watching his style and how hard the players play with 7 sometimes 6 players and all under 6' is remarkable. He works hard it's obvious, so recruiting want be a problem.

Exactly, at least we know Novak can coach. This deal of hiring what looks to be the 'best option' on paper is still a gamble. We took NMP as the supposed 'best option' available and it was a disaster.