PDA

View Full Version : Commit throws immaculate inning with a bonus.

AlSwearengen
03-03-2022, 06:41 PM
A commit from NC threw an immaculate inning (3 K?s on 9 pitches) recently. The kicker though, on the final pitch, he waved at the batter mid-wind up. I didn?t know that was possible. I saw it on Perfect Game?s twitter feed but I don’t know how to embed.

Homedawg
03-03-2022, 07:32 PM
Sam Cozart, a ?25 commit from NC threw an immaculate inning (3 K?s on 9 pitches) recently. The kicker though, on the final pitch, he waved at the batter mid-wind up. I didn?t know that was possible. I saw it on Perfect Game?s twitter feed but I don’t know how to embed.

Major bush league. Leave that crap at the house

Saltydog
03-03-2022, 07:44 PM
Can he be in New Orleans this weekend?

State82
03-03-2022, 07:47 PM
Major bush league. Leave that crap at the house
Yeah he needs his ass reamed for that.

Commercecomet24
03-03-2022, 07:55 PM
He's gonna get one of his teammates drilled for that.

ScoobaDawg
03-03-2022, 08:23 PM
https://twitter.com/PG_Scouting/status/1498789355695001602

Saltydog
03-03-2022, 08:59 PM
Then there's this guy.........Miss the hell outta him........

https://twitter.com/Tanner_Allen10/status/1499199200097366019

RougeDawg
03-03-2022, 09:09 PM
Can he be in New Orleans this weekend?

He?d immediately lose all command if that happened.

RougeDawg
03-03-2022, 09:10 PM
The baseball gods frown upon such gestures. He better do some extended warmups before all of his outings from here on out. They?ll eventually return the favor.

SilentSteel16
03-03-2022, 09:12 PM
Stupid

OLJWales
03-03-2022, 09:15 PM
He's young and full of his self, piss & vinegar. He'll learn. Can he hit too?

Commercecomet24
03-03-2022, 09:18 PM
Then there's this guy.........Miss the hell outta him........

https://twitter.com/Tanner_Allen10/status/1499199200097366019

Who's coaching these freaking kids? He's gonna wear one at some point or better yet the next hitter wears it and you tell him to go tell his buddy he got you drilled

Tripp McNeely
03-03-2022, 10:03 PM
Who's coaching these freaking kids? He's gonna wear one at some point or better yet the next hitter wears it and you tell him to go tell his buddy he got you drilled

Agreed that he should wear one, but I'd love to some of this kinda piss and vinegar on our 2022 squad!

SilentSteel16
03-03-2022, 10:09 PM
Well I will tell you this, I don’t want that kind of shit punk ass attitudes of either one on the team that is representing my university. Sure he probably is a top talent but do you really want to taint your culture for an ass hat like that? If so then I guess winning is everything and frankly I just can’t understand that concept. Sports teaching boys how to be men. It teaches character and everyone talks about sportsmanship. But sportsmanship is just a buzz word for the general character of a player. I can’t stand attitudes like that, just like those two last night chirping and laughing at that USM player on strike 2. I actually sat there thinking good for you young man when he laced that double to left.

Tater
03-03-2022, 10:40 PM
Jesus christ the ****ing pearl clutching in here.

There's a reason MLB is closer to the NHL than the NFL these days. Personalities are hilarious. If you've got the talent to back that shit up, **** it. Coach should let him know as soon as he ****s up, his ass is getting reamed. But if he doesn't, then **** it.

The losers, bush league, whiners are the people who think you need to retaliate by beaning someone. "Oh he taunted me, let me resort to violence." Comboed with "He was asking for it." THATs the mentality that we need to get out of baseball.

We all whine about the No Fun League fining things like Winfield peace Tyreek in the SB. Or the NBA calling technicals on weak trash talk. But if someone in baseball DARES show personality, then screw them.

Did anyone here think it was bush league of Bednar to walk off the field with horns down against Texsa?? No, it was ****ing awesome. Stop clutching pearls, I'd rather forget about Pearl altogether when it comes to baseball.

OLJWales
03-03-2022, 10:50 PM

There's a reason MLB is closer to the NHL than the NFL these days. Personalities are hilarious. If you've got the talent to back that shit up, **** it. Coach should let him know as soon as he ****s up, his ass is getting reamed. But if he doesn't, then **** it.

The losers, bush league, whiners are the people who think you need to retaliate by beaning someone. "Oh he taunted me, let me resort to violence." Comboed with "He was asking for it." THATs the mentality that we need to get out of baseball.

We all whine about the No Fun League fining things like Winfield peace Tyreek in the SB. Or the NBA calling technicals on weak trash talk. But if someone in baseball DARES show personality, then screw them.

Did anyone here think it was bush league of Bednar to walk off the field with horns down against Texsa?? No, it was ****ing awesome. Stop clutching pearls, I'd rather forget about Pearl altogether when it comes to baseball.

Oh, so your Whiney Woke ASS gonna come save the day and educate all. Joy.

AlSwearengen
03-03-2022, 10:52 PM
I should have never posted this. Yeah, he probably shouldn’t have done it, but he is a freaking 9th grader. I’m a boomer and would have been all pissed off back in the day if someone had done that to me when I was playing. Times have changed though and if my conservative ass can not get too worked up over it, then it doesn’t deserve a death sentence.

Hell, with the way things are going right now, I’m glad we have a recruit that can take his hand off of the ball mid-wind up and still throw a strike.

TheLostDawg
03-03-2022, 10:57 PM
I agree. Lighten up. He's a kid.

Tater
03-03-2022, 10:59 PM
Oh, so your Whiney Woke ASS gonna come save the day and educate all. Joy.

Stop injecting politics into every thread. Adding you to the ignore list because you're a snowflake up in arms about a kid waving on a baseball field. Go stare at your participation trophy mantle and stop sharing your coddled and unchallenged shit takes. Thanks.

Commercecomet24
03-03-2022, 11:02 PM
Well Tanner Allen sure isn't an old man so I guess y'all better tell him to lighten up too. He sure didn't take kindly to the kids bat flip and 30 second jaunt to first on the hr. You can have a busload of fun playing baseball while still showing respect for the game. Showing emotions great and awesome I played hard and coached hard but you can do that without being an ass to your opponent.

Homedawg
03-03-2022, 11:19 PM

Bush league. All day long. I said it. Stand by it. Don't care. Bush league. Don't care if he backs it up or not. Hell he's a 6'7" grown ass man as fr. Sure he's gonna be able to back it up now. And I don't care if he can back it up forever. That's not how you play the game. It's bush league. And at present he's a punk. But maybe he will grow out of it.
ETA. There is a big difference in showing excitement over something you actually did, hitting a hr etc, than what he did.

NWADAWG
03-03-2022, 11:20 PM
Yeah he needs his ass reamed for that.

I agree to an extent. I pitched post t-ball through high school. I pull all kinds of smart aleck stunts like pull keeping my ball hand out of my glove so batter could see my grip, having my catcher announce signals out loud, etc. I would have frowned upon my children acting the way I did. But...at the time, I didn't care about being cool or impressing anyone. I wanted to get in batters heads to give myself an advantage. A pitcher sometimes needs a little bit of attitude and "whatever it takes".

There's a thin thin line between being a prick and anything to get the job done. I don't have enough context to know for sure what side of the line he is on.

Homedawg
03-03-2022, 11:21 PM
Well Tanner Allen sure isn't an old man so I guess y'all better tell him to lighten up too. He sure didn't take kindly to the kids bat flip and 30 second jaunt to first on the hr. You can have a busload of fun playing baseball while still showing respect for the game. Showing emotions great and awesome I played hard and coached hard but you can do that with being an ass to your opponent.

Done made CC so upset he cursed!! That's not the norm!!

Pancho
03-03-2022, 11:35 PM

aw tater coming on strong now

RougeDawg
03-03-2022, 11:38 PM
Stop injecting politics into every thread. Adding you to the ignore list because you're a snowflake up in arms about a kid waving on a baseball field. Go stare at your participation trophy mantle and stop sharing your coddled and unchallenged shit takes. Thanks.

Ahh, Tater gonna Tater and become mashed taters before the end of it as usual.

You injected politics in it by bringing up the MLB being more NHL than NFL. Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knew the intent. Consequently anyone with less than 2 brain cells to rub together, would not think this would constitute injecting politics which is typical of those who have replaced actual religion with the religion of a party and an ideology designed to undermine true religion.

I'm in the process of creating a website on my own dime to fully explain illogical thought processes you display, and how it came about. I will simply use facts and data with a scientific, logical approach. Surprisingly the name of the perfect website/blog was still available for cheap. But when 40-50% of the nation uses emotion over common thought processes, I guess that should not surprise me as much as it has. The true renewable energy will be explained. No further details but heads will definitely explode.

This response is typical of a certain ideology. Inject politics and accuse others of doing that which you have already done. Where have I seen that before? Hmmm. Can someone help me? Certain provable lies of the last 6 years pertaining to two nations at war seem to be ringing a bell or 40.

And I fully expect the Woke PC Police will be here to shut this down per their past activities of shutting down free speech that simply points out facts and truths, they simply cannot fathom or want to read.

ETA: You F with a bull, don't be surprised when you get the horns.

Tater
03-03-2022, 11:48 PM

You injected politics in it by bringing up the MLB being more NHL than NFL. Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knew the intent. Consequently anyone with less than 2 brain cells to rub together, would not think this would constitute injecting politics which is typical of those who have replaced actual religion with the religion of a party and an ideology designed to undermine true religion.

I'm in the process of creating a website on my own dime to fully explain illogical thought processes you display, and how it came about. I will simply use facts and data with a scientific, logical approach. Surprisingly the name of the perfect website/blog was still available for cheap. But when 40-50% of the nation uses emotion over common thought processes, I guess that should not surprise me as much as it has. The true renewable energy will be explained. No further details but heads will definitely explode.

This response is typical of a certain ideology. Inject politics and accuse others of doing that which you have already done. Where have I seen that before? Hmmm. Can someone help me? Certain provable lies of the last 6 years pertaining to two nations at war seem to be ringing a bell or 40.

And I fully expect the Woke PC Police will be here to shut this down per their past activities of shutting down free speech that simply points out facts and truths, they simply cannot fathom or want to read.

The ****?

The MLB is more like the NHL in ratings. That's what that meant. 0 to do with politics. People don't get invested anymore. There's 0 personality. NASCAR is having this trouble as well. (We'll see how the new car and Kyle Larson showing no regard for others on the track plays out. You almost need a villain in NASCAR. Be it Earnhardt, Gordon, Johnson, or someone else.)

Tater
03-03-2022, 11:53 PM
Well Tanner Allen sure isn't an old man so I guess y'all better tell him to lighten up too. He sure didn't take kindly to the kids bat flip and 30 second jaunt to first on the hr. You can have a busload of fun playing baseball while still showing respect for the game. Showing emotions great and awesome I played hard and coached hard but you can do that without being an ass to your opponent.

There's no age limit on being a whiny stick in the mud. You can re-read and tell me where I went ageist. I'll wait.

You don't want people to dance and celebrate on you in sports, you don't resort to fighting. You pull up your bootstraps and play better. That tweet is a soft take by him and again, a problem with baseball culture.

Tater
03-03-2022, 11:55 PM
Bush league. All day long. I said it. Stand by it. Don't care. Bush league. Don't care if he backs it up or not. Hell he's a 6'7" grown ass man as fr. Sure he's gonna be able to back it up now. And I don't care if he can back it up forever. That's not how you play the game. It's bush league. And at present he's a punk. But maybe he will grow out of it.
ETA. There is a big difference in showing excitement over something you actually did, hitting a hr etc, than what he did.

You can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Trash talk is trash talk. The problem is when someone turns to violence. And that problem is the person turning to violence.

Same mentality as flipping a monopoly board when you're losing. Weak. If that's bush league then your mentality is K&N East, ARCA at best.

Commercecomet24
03-04-2022, 12:13 AM
There's no age limit on being a whiny stick in the mud. You can re-read and tell me where I went ageist. I'll wait.

You don't want people to dance and celebrate on you in sports, you don't resort to fighting. You pull up your bootstraps and play better. That tweet is a soft take by him and again, a problem with baseball culture.

Naw man there's a certain amount of respect you show and players should be taught that by coaches. I have no problem with people showing emotion and celebrating but the bat flip and 30 second jaunt to first is over the line. You teach the game the way you want and I'll teach it the way I have for many years(and I don't teach fighting by the way). So you have a great day.

Oh and I did not respond to your post at all so you can re read my post and tell me where I addressed you because I didn't.

Todd4State
03-04-2022, 12:42 AM
I wish I could say that he was waving just to distract the hitters but that would be quite a stretch.

Tater
03-04-2022, 12:59 AM
Naw man there's a certain amount of respect you show and players should be taught that by coaches. I have no problem with people showing emotion and celebrating but the bat flip and 30 second jaunt to first is over the line. You teach the game the way you want and I'll teach it the way I have for many years(and I don't teach fighting by the way). So you have a great day.

Oh and I did not respond to your post at all so you can re read my post and tell me where I addressed you because I didn't.

So you're admitting you made a straw man to argue against no one for no reason then??? Weird mental hurdle to win an argument against nobody.

There's a marked difference in arguing being coached respect and threatening violence saying someone is asking for it. One is taking personal responsibility. The other is being a loser whining cause you did your best, but you weren't the winner so you didn't go home and **** the prom queen.

Sure there's something to be said for sportsmanship and treating your opponent with "respect.". But the pearl clutching, calling for ass reaming, etc is weak. I love it when we go fins down against OM. I loved Bednar constantly trolling Texsa with horns down. If he was getting shelled like Christian last year, wouldn't love it as much. But winners get to do the talking. That's life.

Tater
03-04-2022, 01:01 AM
I wish I could say that he was waving just to distract the hitters but that would be quite a stretch.

I think it's a genius strat if you can get away with it. Hitting is all about laser focus and timing. Do that and throw them off occasionally. Great gamesmanship.

StarkVegasSteve
03-04-2022, 08:03 AM
If you don?t want a pitcher waving goodbye at you then lay off the shoulder high fastball.

If you don?t want a hitter pimping a homer then maybe try not throwing a belt high fastball down the pipe.

I wish we had some guys with that amount of F YOU on our team right now. Also, if you?re mad at this but were eating it up when Bednar flashed the horns down coming off the mound in Omaha, then pot meet kettle.

Coach34
03-04-2022, 09:33 AM
All I know is he would have been drilled his next 2 plate appearances against my team

Johnson85
03-04-2022, 10:00 AM
https://twitter.com/PG_Scouting/status/1498789355695001602

I'm not a baseball expert, but it seems like 88-91 is pretty good for a freshmens.

Tbonewannabe
03-04-2022, 10:33 AM
I don't like it but it reminds me of Michael Jordan. He was always talking trash. It was the final pitch on a perfect inning so it wasn't just a random strike out.

ScoobaDawg
03-04-2022, 10:38 AM

God bless your stupid little self... you think you have everything figured out.
So pathetic.

Please go enjoy that other site and all the crazy theories in your mind.

ScoobaDawg
03-04-2022, 10:46 AM

Strongly agree. Baseball has always been a different sport with deep respect.

OLJWales
03-04-2022, 11:06 AM
God bless your stupid little self... you think you have everything figured out.
So pathetic.

Please go enjoy that other site and all the crazy theories in your mind.

Stupid? Pathetic? Damn.
Hey Rogue, would you be so kind as to inform me and other interested EDers when your site is up?

redstickdawg
03-04-2022, 11:36 AM
Stupid? Pathetic? Damn.
Hey Rogue, would you be so kind as to inform me and other interested EDers when your site is up?

plainly evident that this site is becoming a woke only haven and that "stupid" conservative voices or opinions are not welcome.

Hot Rock
03-04-2022, 11:38 AM
All I know is he would have been drilled his next 2 plate appearances against my team

This what's wrong with baseball, too many no fun guys in it. Trash talking in sports is some of the most fun to be had. Tim Duncan and Larry Bird were the best trash talker ever and that's what makes that game so fun.

If you can't handle a little ribbing then you have too many snowflake characteristics but:

If your pitcher hurts a player, especially in his head, I am coming after your ass as hard and fast as I can. You may whip my ass since I am a 58 year old, 5' 10" - 195lbs ball of fat with an arthritic back but you will have it to do. Hurting players on purpose is bullshit. Taunting and trash talking just makes the game more fun.

Sticks and Stones may brake my bones but words will never hurt me unless you play baseball, bunch of pussies.

Duckdog
03-04-2022, 12:09 PM

Getting thrown at is part of the game. Why don't you cry about it a little.

Duckdog
03-04-2022, 12:10 PM
This what's wrong with baseball, too many no fun guys in it. Trash talking in sports is some of the most fun to be had. Tim Duncan and Larry Bird were the best trash talker ever and that's what makes that game so fun.

If you can't handle a little ribbing then you have too many snowflake characteristics but:

If your pitcher hurts a player, especially in his head, I am coming after your ass as hard and fast as I can. You may whip my ass since I am a 58 year old, 5' 10" - 195lbs ball of fat with an arthritic back but you will have it to do. Hurting players on purpose is bullshit. Taunting and trash talking just makes the game more fun.

Sticks and Stones may brake my bones but words will never hurt me unless you play baseball, bunch of pussies.
This is what's wrong with today's society, being a DB doesn't = having fun. Be a DB you get plunked.

Duckdog
03-04-2022, 12:12 PM

AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SilentSteel16
03-04-2022, 12:27 PM

I agree with SOME of what you said here. My quick bulletpoints though.
1. Throwing at a kids head/neck area is absolutely NOT acceptable. I don’t care what they did but the back is the absolute only place for a retaliatory/get right pitch.
2.If you think words are what hurts baseball players and that they are pussies then you clearly have never met a real pure baseball player. Baseball is one of the hardest mental games to play, it is well known that succeeding 30 percent of the time will put you as an all star in batting. What other sport EXPECTS you to fail 70 percent of you attempts. Sit takes thick skin and a lot of mental fortitude to make it long term in baseball. Why do you think most kids don’t even make it to JV baseball yet everyone plays the sport growing up.
3. I was actually recorded on TV saying that I did not agree with the way Bednar handled himself with the horns down thing. I don’t think you need to be an ass to the other team to let them know you have their number. I have all the respect in the world for how TA played the game, however I didn’t like him digging on Ole Miss in his victory lap, that does scream that someone is in your head and matters when they shouldn’t matter. Kind of beside the point but my personal opinion.
4. There are actual sports psychologists that are contracted to professional baseball teams because of the mental anguish that this sport can inflict on a daily basis, plus some of these kids are literally several thousand miles away from home and don’t speak the language, just imagine how hard that would be as an 18 year old.

So no I don’t give grace to either of those two players for how they acted. Hopefully it is an age thing and they grow up fast, because life is NOT sports and frankly sports might be all those two have. One bad injury for either one of those two and all they are left with is a crappy attitude

Commercecomet24
03-04-2022, 12:33 PM
1. Throwing at a kids head/neck area is absolutely NOT acceptable. I don’t care what they did but the back is the absolute only place for a retaliatory/get right pitch.
2.If you think words are what hurts baseball players and that they are pussies then you clearly have never met a real pure baseball player. Baseball is one of the hardest mental games to play, it is well known that succeeding 30 percent of the time will put you as an all star in batting. What other sport EXPECTS you to fail 70 percent of you attempts. Sit takes thick skin and a lot of mental fortitude to make it long term in baseball. Why do you think most kids don’t even make it to JV baseball yet everyone plays the sport growing up.
3. I was actually recorded on TV saying that I did not agree with the way Bednar handled himself with the horns down thing. I don’t think you need to be an ass to the other team to let them know you have their number. I have all the respect in the world for how TA played the game, however I didn’t like him digging on Ole Miss in his victory lap, that does scream that someone is in your head and matters when they shouldn’t matter. Kind of beside the point but my personal opinion.
4. There are actual sports psychologists that are contracted to professional baseball teams because of the mental anguish that this sport can inflict on a daily basis, plus some of these kids are literally several thousand miles away from home and don’t speak the language, just imagine how hard that would be as an 18 year old.

So no I don’t give grace to either of those two players for how they acted. Hopefully it is an age thing and they grow up fast, because life is NOT sports and frankly sports might be all those two have. One bad injury for either one of those two and all they are left with is a crappy attitude

Very well said!

OLJWales
03-04-2022, 01:11 PM
There's nothing political being Woke over the way baseball's been played for 120 yrs. Pitchers have always had chin music in their arsenals to send a message despite the controversy. I guess Nolan Ryan Type Statues will be coming down soon to appease the Woke.
Commerce is spot on with baseball as usual.

Hot Rock
03-04-2022, 02:29 PM
This is what's wrong with today's society, being a DB doesn't = having fun. Be a DB you get plunked.

you throw at a kids head and one of us is not walking out of there without help.

Hot Rock
03-04-2022, 02:31 PM
There's nothing political being Woke over the way baseball's been played for 120 yrs. Pitchers have always had chin music in their arsenals to send a message despite the controversy. I guess Nolan Ryan Type Statues will be coming down soon to appease the Woke.
Commerce is spot on with baseball as usual.

how is chin music OK but taking a bat to pitcher who just tried to hit you in the head with a 95mph fastball is wrong? You keep justifying throwing at a kids head and there is none.

Hot Rock
03-04-2022, 02:42 PM

2.If you think words are what hurts baseball players and that they are pussies. Apparently it hurts their poor little feelings so much they have to strike out in anger. Pussies.

SilentSteel16
03-04-2022, 02:44 PM
If you think that universally speaking chin music was intended to hit the head then you are universally incorrect. It is called a brush back. Chin music evolved into the terminology. And yes if a pitcher intentionally hits another in the head the. He should be brought up on charges. Just like someone taking a bat after a pitcher.

SilentSteel16
03-04-2022, 02:48 PM
2.If you think words are what hurts baseball players and that they are pussies. Apparently it hurts their poor little feelings so much they have to strike out in anger. Pussies.

Anger? Are you directing this at me or at basebal in general ? Because I am not angry, I know how little some people know of this sport so it does not surprise me at all at some of the takes.

Percho
03-04-2022, 03:22 PM
One thing for sure, there are a lot of

personality's

on this board!

Percho
03-04-2022, 03:25 PM
If you think that universally speaking chin music was intended to hit the head then you are universally incorrect. It is called a brush back. Chin music evolved into the terminology. And yes if a pitcher intentionally hits another in the head the. He should be brought up on charges. Just like someone taking a bat after a pitcher.

I like this thought; Let's put Eric Cerantola in to play our, "chin," music. :)

Coach34
03-04-2022, 03:36 PM
you throw at a kids head and one of us is not walking out of there without help.

Who said anything about throwing at their head? Put it right in their ribs as you are supposed to

Coach34
03-04-2022, 03:37 PM
I know how little some people know of this sport so it does not surprise me at all at some of the takes.

Aint that the truth

Commercecomet24
03-04-2022, 03:39 PM
Anger? Are you directing this at me or at basebal in general ? Because I am not angry, I know how little some people know of this sport so it does not surprise me at all at some of the takes.

Amen.

OLJWales
03-04-2022, 03:43 PM
Who said anything about throwing at their head? Put it right in their ribs as you are supposed to

Yep. And if it's a little lower you might even spin in time to take it on the ASS which hurts less. Then decide on mound charging but not bat throwing.

Tater
03-04-2022, 04:49 PM

Giving your opponent a free base is generally a dumb strategy. Even moreso out of anger. Calling for violence because someone is better than you is weak. No two ways about it.

Man up and go be better.

OLJWales
03-04-2022, 05:02 PM
Giving your opponent a free base is generally a dumb strategy. Even moreso out of anger. Calling for violence because someone is better than you is weak. No two ways about it.

Man up and go be better.

So a pitcher whose opponent is brushing back you don't protect your own? Do you watch baseball?
Baseball is unique in how its customs, traditions & some unwritten rules developed for over 100 years.. I consider the game as American Sports Beauty that should be embraced and admired; not mucked with by Woke Participation Trophy Pussies. Don't wanna get drilled next time up? Don't disrespect the game being an Asshole Childish Jerk and as the Bear said : "Act like you been there before."

Quaoarsking
03-04-2022, 06:00 PM
I'm not easily offended and don't have a problem with it, as long as he would have taken it in stride if the batter had hit a HR and waved back at him during the trot.

Quaoarsking
03-04-2022, 06:01 PM

It is part of the game, but it shouldn't be.

PMDawg
03-04-2022, 06:26 PM

This board would be better off without you.

Tater
03-04-2022, 06:30 PM
This board would be better off without you.

Because I have what you've determined to be "wrongthink"

Newsflash for a lot of you. Everyone is not perfect. You're not God's gift to man. If you're posting on this board then likely your opinion doesn't carry weight outside of this board very broadly.

That is to say, a lot of you are just plain wrong on some things and the fact that your ego can't take being told you're wrong is comical. Man up and learn that if you were perfect and always right, you'd be a lot further in life than you are. Accept that you aren't and learn to accept when you're wrong.

And anyone saying they'd coach kids to react violently and against their own game interest IS wrong. Unwritten rules be damned. Not only would you let a wave distract you and cost a swing. One of you would go so far as to give up two bags? Well shit I'm telling every player to taunt you. I'll take 9 players getting 2 free bags a game off rip.

****ing brain dead strategy you got there. Maybe go stick to telling the hitting coach that's helped us to Omaha every year he's been here how he sucks at his job. At least then you won't look like a dumbass in an argument because he won't argue back to you.

OLJWales
03-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Tater: Seek Help and a "Safe Space" to Vent.

Activated Alpha
03-04-2022, 06:58 PM
Chalk me up for team not give a 17. I mean this is a kid who is wanting to come play for us and is throwing that type of heat that early. Also, people want to judge him over a video that doesn't give you context. What if the entire team was chirping at him and both sides were playing with emotion? Just let the kid be and let him compete. Hopefully he becomes a future all-star Ace for us and leads us to another national championship

OLJWales
03-04-2022, 07:17 PM
Chalk me up for team not give a 17. I mean this is a kid who is wanting to come play for us and is throwing that type of heat that early. Also, people want to judge him over a video that doesn't give you context. What if the entire team was chirping at him and both sides were playing with emotion? Just let the kid be and let him compete. Hopefully he becomes a future all-star Ace for us and leads us to another national championship

Let the kid be ain't always the best solution. No coach worth a damn lets that go.

PMDawg
03-04-2022, 09:47 PM
Because I have what you've determined to be "wrongthink"

Newsflash for a lot of you. Everyone is not perfect. You're not God's gift to man. If you're posting on this board then likely your opinion doesn't carry weight outside of this board very broadly.

That is to say, a lot of you are just plain wrong on some things and the fact that your ego can't take being told you're wrong is comical. Man up and learn that if you were perfect and always right, you'd be a lot further in life than you are. Accept that you aren't and learn to accept when you're wrong.

And anyone saying they'd coach kids to react violently and against their own game interest IS wrong. Unwritten rules be damned. Not only would you let a wave distract you and cost a swing. One of you would go so far as to give up two bags? Well shit I'm telling every player to taunt you. I'll take 9 players getting 2 free bags a game off rip.

****ing brain dead strategy you got there. Maybe go stick to telling the hitting coach that's helped us to Omaha every year he's been here how he sucks at his job. At least then you won't look like a dumbass in an argument because he won't argue back to you.

No, I actually agree with you on this one. I was referring to how you go off the deep end and try to tell people off while violently banging out paragraphs full of assumptions, idiocy, and curse words on your poor keyboard.

Thank you for proving my point.

State82
03-04-2022, 10:06 PM
One thing for sure, there are a lot of

personality's

on this board!

Yep. Many of them total dicks also.

SilentSteel16
03-04-2022, 11:45 PM
So a pitcher whose opponent is brushing back you don't protect your own? Do you watch baseball?
Baseball is unique in how its customs, traditions & some unwritten rules developed for over 100 years.. I consider the game as American Sports Beauty that should be embraced and admired; not mucked with by Woke Participation Trophy Pussies. Don't wanna get drilled next time up? Don't disrespect the game being an Asshole Childish Jerk and as the Bear said : "Act like you been there before."

This is why Baseball has stood the test of time, I agree with you completely. Hopefully the owners and MLBPA don?t muck it up for the rest of us.

OLJWales
03-05-2022, 02:59 AM
This is why Baseball has stood the test of time, I agree with you completely. Hopefully the owners and MLBPA don?t muck it up for the rest of us.

Yep. And let's not forget greedy plate crowders who think that inside area belongs solely to them. "Enter at your own risk." Is the way its played. Otherwise you can kiss no hitters bye and add an hour to games.