1) play everyone
2) press the whole game
3) fast break on make or misses
4) do not shot any 3s?not one
5) extend the d so the other team has to go to the goal

You have nothing to lose

RougeDawg
03-03-2022, 02:06 PM
We now see that the lack of Garcia playing more early in conference schedule probably left about 3-4 wins on the table and These last few would be for NCAA seeding. Garcia has been the spark the last couple of weeks. Everything falls on Howland. Oh well, that rudderless ship has sailed and will hit rocks soon enough.

PGHBulldogBG
03-03-2022, 03:30 PM
I would take 10 players with Garcia?s effort and a great floor coach over talent that doesn?t perform and a coach that gained recognition on recruiting.

Cooterpoot
03-03-2022, 04:09 PM
Howland needs to sit on the bench and wait on his retirement announcement. We aren't likely to accept another NIT bid.

thf24
03-03-2022, 05:22 PM
I would take 10 players with Garcia?s effort and a great floor coach over talent that doesn?t perform and a coach that gained recognition on recruiting.

I know it's a stretch to mention Rick Ray in the same breath as "great floor coach," but we saw what happened when we had a bunch of effort guys under a decent schemer who couldn't recruit. Coaching may be what gets you over the top, but you're not even in the game without the talent.

PGHBulldogBG
03-03-2022, 05:39 PM
I know it's a stretch to mention Rick Ray in the same breath as "great floor coach," but we saw what happened when we had a bunch of effort guys under a decent schemer who couldn't recruit. Coaching may be what gets you over the top, but you're not even in the game without the talent.

I will say ironically I feel like Rays team did play harder than Stansbury or Howland, but Ray had no idea how to coach. If you had Ware, Chicken and Thomas on the floor with a good coach the results would?ve been much better. Basketball isn?t like football where recruiting classes tell the tale. You can get far in the NCAA tournament with these type of players if you have the right coach.

MoreCowbell
03-05-2022, 03:52 AM

Ray was not even an average floor coach, was in no way shape or form a good schemer and the talent was not that bad. He had 3 4 stars and 5 guys with SEC talent from their freshman to senior seasons that never progressed. Chicken, Fred Thomas, Gavin Ware, IJ Ready and Roq Johnson. Ray was just in over his head and not a good coach. The talent on his teams could have been worse.