PDA

View Full Version : Dear diary

msstate7
03-02-2022, 09:42 PM
Looking back at the braves and miss state baseball titles, I realize God was giving me the perfect time to exit sports all together. Since those titles, state had a mediocre football season, saints had a mediocre season due to biblical injuries/Covid infections, state basketball has had a mediocre incredibly frustrating season, state baseball seems well on its way to a mediocre frustrating season, and now the braves season is in doubt. Of course the grizzlies are having a great season, but it's only a matter of time till it's a 10-game losing streak. In short, diary, I hate sports. In fact, F em!

Please shoot me

SailingDawg
03-02-2022, 10:36 PM
Go camping

BuckyIsAB****
03-02-2022, 10:43 PM
Year 3 under Leach is usually the year

msstate7
03-02-2022, 10:45 PM

Man, I hope so.

BeardoMSU
03-02-2022, 10:49 PM

I hope it happens, and hopefully he can sustain it without tanking.

BuckyIsAB****
03-02-2022, 11:02 PM
Man, I hope so.

Hate to say it but it just about has to be

BuckyIsAB****
03-02-2022, 11:03 PM
I hope it happens, and hopefully he can sustain it without tanking.

We wont ever do worse than 6-6 unless we quit I dont think

Homedawg
03-02-2022, 11:05 PM
Hate to say it but it just about has to be

Just a rough schedule. But you're correct on his history. Clearly, we got better on offense this year.

HoopsDawg
03-02-2022, 11:09 PM
We wont ever do worse than 6-6 unless we quit I dont think

if we can't protect on the left side against the 3 man rush, it's going to be 5-7 and see you later Mike.

BuckyIsAB****
03-02-2022, 11:10 PM
if we can't protect on the left side against the 3 man rush, it's going to be 5-7 and see you later Mike.

If we lose to OM and go 5-7 I cant say I would be totally opposed to that

Bothrops
03-02-2022, 11:21 PM

I bet we look like dog shit against Memphis. I wouldn't be us if any other way.

BuckyIsAB****
03-02-2022, 11:29 PM
I bet we look like dog shit against Memphis. I wouldn't be us if any other way.

No excuses. We are plenty pissed off at Memphis

Bothrops
03-02-2022, 11:32 PM
Naw. We are plenty pissed off at Memphis

I'll have to see it to believe. I haven't seen this team get pissed off at another football team in a long time. At least not before the game.

HoopsDawg
03-02-2022, 11:33 PM
I'll have to see it to believe. I haven't seen this team get pissed off at another football team in a long time. At least not before the game.

We are so pissed, we are going to check down 20 times instead of 17. That will show em.

Todd4State
03-02-2022, 11:44 PM
Leach went 3-9 at Wazzu his third year.

Todd4State
03-02-2022, 11:46 PM
Looking back at the braves and miss state baseball titles, I realize God was giving me the perfect time to exit sports all together. Since those titles, state had a mediocre football season, saints had a mediocre season due to biblical injuries/Covid infections, state basketball has had a mediocre incredibly frustrating season, state baseball seems well on its way to a mediocre frustrating season, and now the braves season is in doubt. Of course the grizzlies are having a great season, but it's only a matter of time till it's a 10-game losing streak. In short, diary, I hate sports. In fact, F em!

Please shoot me

I'm thankful I have gotten to see the Cardinals win the World Series twice and MSU win the National Championship. Some fans don't get that opportunity. Really the Cardinals have won it three times in my life but I don't remember 1982 at all.

The problem with MSU is we have a poor history of handling any kind of success.

Todd4State
03-02-2022, 11:47 PM

I agree. We play soft especially on defense.

RougeDawg
03-02-2022, 11:51 PM
Go camping

After the last few months I?d go camping and put my tent right next to the fire and not put it out.**

Depressing outcomes left and right since June 2021 in Omaha. Even though work has sucked as bad as ever, it has limited my mental exposure to MSU athletics.

EdwardDrayton
03-02-2022, 11:54 PM
Tear out today’s diary page and burn it. Today never happened and we will never speak of it again.

parabrave
03-03-2022, 12:51 AM
Man, I hope so.

Hey 7 just to add to your misery; remember the Sean Payton/drew Brees less Saints. Dam The Saints are looking like the JD North Saints next year.

Cooterpoot
03-03-2022, 04:41 AM

He won't get a fourth season if he does that here. Not without WBB type craziness involved.

FISHDAWG
03-03-2022, 08:23 AM

Please shoot me

And Freddie Freeman is asking for too much money ... In the words of Buford T Justice - "What the Hell is the world coming to?"

OLJWales
03-03-2022, 09:00 AM

Please shoot me
"I feel your pain." Anybody remember that line? We won the crown but defending it has been nothing short of 20 straight rounds against the ropes taking repeated gut punches. Not sure how I'm still standing on these wobbly legs.

BuckyIsAB****
03-03-2022, 07:22 PM

Yeah and then he was the biggest deal in the country not long after was the point

BuckyIsAB****
03-03-2022, 07:23 PM
We are so pissed, we are going to check down 20 times instead of 17. That will show em.

If we have a competent kicker (which is our fault) the check downs would have won 9 games at least. Check downs were never the the problem

RiverCityDawg
03-04-2022, 03:58 AM
If we have a competent kicker (which is our fault) the check downs would have won 9 games at least. Check downs were never the the problem

It's amazing how many people gloss over this fact. Folks say "it shouldn't come down to a kicker", but that's just not the way football works. The margins are thin and it DOES often come down to a kicker. As you said, it's still our fault, but far fewer people are bitching about offense if we just made the kicks an average healthy kicker would have made.

klong-dog
03-04-2022, 07:51 AM

Sounds just like what we said with Howland.

PGHBulldogBG
03-04-2022, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=RiverCityDawg;1414105]It's amazing how many people gloss over this fact. Folks say "it shouldn't come down to a kicker", but that's just not the way football works. The margins are thin and it DOES often come down to a kicker. As you said, it's still our fault, but far fewer people are bitching about offense if we just made the kicks an average healthy kicker would have made.[/QUOTE

Not having a kicker cost us the Arkansas game for sure. That was terrible all the field goals we missed in that game. 8-4 and 5-3 in the SEC would?ve looked a lot better even though it?s just 1 game difference. Getting that winning conference record in year 2 would?ve been huge for Leach. Especially since next year we will be playing 4 top 10 teams and 3 of those might be top 5 along with Ark, Ole Miss and UK all possibly being ranked between 15 and 25

BuckyIsAB****
03-04-2022, 07:02 PM
Sounds just like what we said with Howland.

I will never understand this hatred for Leach some have. Not calling you out but people act like he is Croom