PDA

View Full Version : Remaining basketball nonconference schedule

MetEdDawg
11-21-2013, 06:37 PM
After looking at our remain nonconference schedule, I'm feeling pretty confident that we can escape losing a maximum of 3 games. I know it's still early to judge this team, but I really think this team has the potential to be pretty good. I think we will lose Saturday @Utah State and will probably lose at least one in the Las Vegas Classic. After that, I don't see any losses on our schedule.

TCU has sucked this year. Beat Arkansas Fort Smith by 7 in their exhibition, and have lost all 3 regular season games to SMU, Longwood, and Abilene Christian. After our Utah State game, I don't think we lose any of the 6 games leading up to the Las Vegas Classic. FGC beat Furman by 1 point so that's a good chance at a winner there. Might screw up once along the way by have a really bad night, but I think it's very possible we go 10-3 or maybe even 11-2 before SEC play. I know it's not the toughest schedule by any stretch, but I think at this point getting wins is what matters most.

If we can stay healthy, I think we've got a shot at getting close to .500 in conference because our defense is really going to give teams problems and we finally have some depth. That would put us in the 16-19 wins neighborhood which I'm beyond fine with in year 2 of a total rebuild.

Any thoughts?

preachermatt83
11-21-2013, 06:53 PM
I would be very happy with 16-19 wins this yr

coastdoglover
11-21-2013, 07:27 PM
We are leading the SWAC right now

Coach34
11-21-2013, 07:58 PM
we need 17 wins this year...anything over would be gravy

trob115
11-21-2013, 10:31 PM
We are leading the SWAC right now
Your boy Stans would have lost to Kennesaw State by now. How about giving Ray a fair chance.