PDA

View Full Version : How many basketball teams in Mississippi...

SailingDawg
03-01-2022, 09:29 PM
will be looking for new coaches in two weeks?

Name which teams.

R2Dawg
03-01-2022, 10:22 PM
MSU - 2
OM - 0
Have no idea on others and who cares.

parabrave
03-02-2022, 12:39 AM
MSU and OM.

R2Dawg
03-02-2022, 01:07 PM
MSU and OM.

You think Kermit is gone? I think he stays another year but we'll see.

PGHBulldogBG
03-02-2022, 01:25 PM
Ole Miss would be crazy to fire Kermit although I wouldn?t put it past them. Kermit had a bad year no doubt, but he is a good coach and did really well there the past 3 years with a talent deficiency. I think Kermit?s problem is recruiting more so than his coaching. Ole Miss and Howland are polar opposites.

OLJWales
03-02-2022, 01:40 PM
What makes Howland such a good crooter? Sales skills? Hard work? Phone or in house visits?
Doesn't Kermit have MS's # 1 Croot committed? Did he beat us out or "WDWHA"?

NCMSTFAN
03-02-2022, 02:11 PM
What makes Howland such a good crooter? Sales skills? Hard work? Phone or in house visits?
Doesn't Kermit have MS's # 1 Croot committed? Did he beat us out or "WDWHA"?
Howland's pitch to recruits is "I can get you to the NBA and you can have a long career there" here are just a few guys Howland has coached and got drafted.
Jrue Holiday, Kevin Love, Darren Collison, Jordan Farmar, Russell Westbrook, Luc Richard Moute, Aaron Afflalo, Trevor Ariza, Ryan Hollis, Kyle Anderson, Brandon Knight, Larry Drew II, Quinndary weatherspoon, Reggie Perry, Robert Woodard

Those are just some off the top of my head but there are more. There's not alot of coaches that have the NBA guys that Howland does other than the blue blood coaches. This is how Howland is still able to recruit, kids and parents hear that and believe in him. Molinar may be the next draftee.

In comparison since alot of people compare Stans and Howland... Stans has only gotten a few players drafted.

Zimmerman, Mario Austin, Jarvis Varnado, Arnett Moultrie, Lawrence Roberts.... most recently Bassey. None of those guys lasted very long (no disrespect). Recruits do look at this..

The only 2 coached who probably have more NBA guys are Calipari and Rick Barnes