PDA

View Full Version : Scoring Q from last Saturday

WSOPdawg
03-01-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Saturday when the Dogs were winning 10-1, Preston was pulled after getting 1 out in the 7th, with the score 4-1 Dogs.

Pico was brought in (in a Save situation) to get the final 2 outs in the 7th and he accomplished his job.

State then proceeded to score 4 runs in B7 and 2 runs in 8th. Pico finished out a 10-1 Bulldog win, but was not awarded the Save.

Is this another scoring injustice by MSU scorekeepers (similar to Corder initially on being awarded 1 RBI on his 2-run HR earlier in the season, which as eventually corrected)? Shouldn?t Pico be awarded the Save?

Next we?ll discuss the errors charged against our fielders that this long-time baseball fan feels should be infield hits? which has occurred twice that I can think of on the young season.

BrunswickDawg
03-01-2022, 03:26 PM
SECTION 26. If a relief pitcher meets ALL of the following conditions, the official scorer should credit that pitcher with a save:
a. He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his team;
b. He is not credited with the win; and
c. He meets one of the following conditions:
1) He enters the game with a lead of not more than three runs and pitches at least one inning;
2) He enters the game with the potential tying run on base, at bat or on deck; or
3) He pitches effectively for at least three innings.

Pico only pitched for 2.2 innings. So, he did not meet all 3 criteria (A,B, or C3)

OLJWales
03-01-2022, 03:27 PM
I got lost with that 1st paragraph.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-01-2022, 03:41 PM
SECTION 26. If a relief pitcher meets ALL of the following conditions, the official scorer should credit that pitcher with a save:
1) He enters the game with a lead of not more than three runs and pitches at least one inning;
2) He enters the game with the potential tying run on base, at bat or on deck; or

Pico only pitched for 2.2 innings. So, he did not meet all 3 criteria (A,B, or C3)

So wouldn't he get a save?

He met criteria A (finished the game). He met criteria B (he didn't get the win). And he met criteria C-1 (only have to meet one of the conditions - he entered the game with a lead of not more than 3 runs and he pitched at least one inning).

Homedawg
03-01-2022, 03:45 PM

You don't have to meet all three meaning a,b and c.
Our sid or whoever handles all of that has been terrible. The corder situation, which was finally corrected. On Saturday they put the starting lineup out either stats of each player( ba etc ), problem was, the stats were the ones from prior to Friday's game. This, they were wrong. Lots of cases of screw ups.

Commercecomet24
03-01-2022, 03:49 PM
So wouldn't he get a save?

He met criteria A (finished the game). He met criteria B (he didn't get the win). And he met criteria C-1 (only have to meet one of the conditions - he entered the game with a lead of not more than 3 runs and he pitched at least one inning).

This is the correct answer. He should get credit for a save.

Coach34
03-01-2022, 03:51 PM
Should be a save- he entered in a 4-1 game.

It's no different had it been 4-1 in the 9th

OLJWales
03-01-2022, 04:04 PM
Another reason to be a Diamond Dog. ED's got your back on stats.

Homedawg
03-01-2022, 04:11 PM
Should be a save- he entered in a 4-1 game.

It's no different had it been 4-1 in the 9th

Yep. Like I said. Sid or whoever in charge sucks.

OLJWales
03-01-2022, 04:44 PM

If this continues, thangs gonna have to be adjusted personnel wise. Can't be screwing up dat much.

Homedawg
03-01-2022, 05:38 PM
If this continues, thangs gonna have to be adjusted personnel wise. Can't be screwing up dat much.

Also the stats says we've been caught stealing just once this year. I can think of twice off the top of my head. Corder at third and james at second. And they gave corder credit for the steal. That's the one when it went to replay and they changed him to out. Just pay attention. It's not hard. How do you keep screwing it up?? Clearly whoever is in charge knows nothing about baseball and doesn't pay attention either.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-01-2022, 07:17 PM
You don't have to meet all three meaning a,b and c.
Our sid or whoever handles all of that has been terrible. The corder situation, which was finally corrected. On Saturday they put the starting lineup out either stats of each player( ba etc ), problem was, the stats were the ones from prior to Friday's game. This, they were wrong. Lots of cases of screw ups.

You do have to meet all three. You have to meet A and B and C (can be C1 or C2 or C3). In this case Kohn met all three (A, B, and C1)

somebodyshotmypaw
03-01-2022, 07:19 PM
I emailed them on Corder only getting one RBI for a two-run homer. It was changed within 24 hours.

WSOPdawg
03-01-2022, 09:02 PM

I definitely agree with this... SID has a lot of room for improvement imo.

RougeDawg
03-01-2022, 09:15 PM
Also the stats says we've been caught stealing just once this year. I can think of twice off the top of my head. Corder at third and james at second. And they gave corder credit for the steal. That's the one when it went to replay and they changed him to out. Just pay attention. It's not hard. How do you keep screwing it up?? Clearly whoever is in charge knows nothing about baseball and doesn't pay attention either.

Too much bourbon in the booths.

OLJWales
03-01-2022, 09:23 PM
Too much bourbon in the booths.

Or Not Enough? Harry Caray would do better by memory the next day.
Man were those good memories back then as a youngster who still got into MLB Watching Cubs while listening to Caray get more lit each inning. 3 hrs lying on my lazy ass watching Cubs Play even as a Mets Fan.