PDA

View Full Version : Grambling Line up

TNDawg35
02-28-2022, 10:56 AM
We play Grambling tom afternoon. I wouldn?t mind seeing a lineup like this and see what they can do. Once we get a comfortable lead, then we can through some other fellas in it, but I want to see what a couple of this kids can do. Even if it is batting practice pitching?

Davis LF
James CF
Hines 1b
Alford 3b
Hancock C
Cumbest DH
Downs RF
Leggitt SS
Meche 2B

OLJWales
02-28-2022, 11:08 AM
Briles making the trip to show support for his new employer? Need to hide our wives, daughters & sisters?

CaptainObvious
02-28-2022, 11:08 AM
You. Play. To. Win. The. Game.

These next 10 days need to round the starting 9 into place.

Coach34
02-28-2022, 11:42 AM
You. Play. To. Win. The. Game.

These next 10 days need to round the starting 9 into place.

CF and RF questions are going to last awhile. As does SS. I think 2B wakes up and starts hitting.

Homedawg
02-28-2022, 11:54 AM
CF and RF questions are going to last awhile. As does SS. I think 2B wakes up and starts hitting.

yep on all counts.

Saltydog
02-28-2022, 12:48 PM
We play Grambling tom afternoon. I wouldn?t mind seeing a lineup like this and see what they can do. Once we get a comfortable lead, then we can through some other fellas in it, but I want to see what a couple of this kids can do. Even if it is batting practice pitching?

Davis LF
James CF
Hines 1b
Alford 3b
Hancock C
Cumbest DH
Downs RF
Leggitt SS
Meche 2B

Jess Davis is not going to hit enough to stay in the lineup.......Like I was told when we picked him up, "Run like Mayes, hit's like Hayes".......

somebodyshotmypaw
02-28-2022, 05:55 PM

This is a solid take. Yeager should be fine at second. I could see us just playing the hot hand in CF and RF. Or maybe a platoon situation depending on right/left opposing pitcher. Those two positions may never totally settle down, and as long as somebody is hitting, I don't care who it is. And if Leggett can hit, maybe Forsythe rides the pine.

I will say this, Lemonis will do what is best for the team. He benched Hatcher. He benched Landon Jordan who was hitting .281. He took a veteran closer in Spencer Price and put him on the bench.

Coach34
02-28-2022, 08:35 PM
This is a solid take. Yeager should be fine at second. I could see us just playing the hot hand in CF and RF. Or maybe a platoon situation depending on right/left opposing pitcher. Those two positions may never totally settle down, and as long as somebody is hitting, I don't care who it is. And if Leggett can hit, maybe Forsythe rides the pine.

I will say this, Lemonis will do what is best for the team. He benched Hatcher. He benched Landon Jordan who was hitting .281. He took a veteran closer in Spencer Price and put him on the bench.

Hoops had a great take about regardless of who plays SS- we can always get one of our bench guys to pinch hit in a big situation and then put the other SS in. Agree that RF could become a platoon situation. Maybe even CF too. Gonna make that weekend roster call tough every week.

One thing I like about Lemon is that he expects some toughness and thick skin. He gets on pitcher's ass when they dont perform and he has to come out with the hook. He shows he will replace a position player for swinging at bullshit or whatever the situation may be.

Commercecomet24
02-28-2022, 08:43 PM
Hoops had a great take about regardless of who plays SS- we can always get one of our bench guys to pinch hit in a big situation and then put the other SS in. Agree that RF could become a platoon situation. Maybe even CF too. Gonna make that weekend roster call tough every week.

One thing I like about Lemon is that he expects some toughness and thick skin. He gets on pitcher's ass when they dont perform and he has to come out with the hook. He shows he will replace a position player for swinging at bullshit or whatever the situation may be.

Yeah I love the way Lemonis handles his team. He doesn't kiss anybody's butt and he don't care if you're an mlb draft pick or a walk on he's gonna play who gives the team the best chance to win. His way sure weeds out those that don't have mental toughness.