PDA

View Full Version : Not unexpected

FriarsPoint
02-25-2022, 11:19 PM
Before the series, I thought we?d lose 2 of 3 to Long Beach. Today was unexpected. Still, it?s baseball. That?s what these early season non conference games are for, figure it out. The talent is there. It?s no different than LSU and their 2019 football team and then 2020. Well, maybe not a good comparison. You get the idea.

As always, the key is April and May. We?re going to figure it out with what we?ve got. Some leaders are going to HAVE to emerge. You can say that for any team in any sport coming off a national championship.

I?m not freaking out, yet. We?ve got talent. We?ve got good coaches. This year it?s just going to take longer to figure out which pieces fit best together.

Commercecomet24
02-25-2022, 11:40 PM
Great post, I agree.

Cooterpoot
02-25-2022, 11:49 PM
The damn shift is killing us. Foxhall is an idiot. Lemonis won't get off the bucket.

Bothrops
02-25-2022, 11:58 PM
Our guys thinking they're better than they are.

BeardoMSU
02-26-2022, 12:10 AM
The damn shift is killing us. Foxhall is an idiot. Lemonis won't get off the bucket.

We're still bitching about the bucket, lol? FFS...

BeardoMSU
02-26-2022, 12:11 AM

We're still bitching about the bucket, lol? FFS...

TNDawg35
02-26-2022, 01:51 AM
We have a legit 1st baseman as the DH, yet have a Dh playing 1st.
We have a SEC SS who can’t hit shit
We have a Gold glove CF who can’t hit shit
We have another OF who can’t hit shit, but is fast as lightning and can bring our defense up to par
We have a 3b who has reverted back to swinging by at everything and has limited range, while a 3rd baseman who has shown better defense is on the bench.
We have a Catcher who needs to man up and be a leader
We have a LF who is pretty limited in range and can do nothing but nub balls on the infield, if he guesses at the correct pitch, and can do nothing but try to beat them out…

If we are gonna hit like shit, we better learn how to play small ball… steal every bag you can, bunt when you get the chance, many factor runs… I don’t give a shit if it’s early or not. Today was pathetic. We had 4 hits I believe. FOUR freaking HITS!! Of a guy who got toasted last wknd!!

We have 45 hits on the year. LSU scored 51 runs LAST WKND ALONE… yea, read that again. I don’t care who they played. We should be doing the same to whoever the hell we are playing this wknd…

If I was Lemonis, I walk in and shake things up. We already lost one game this wknd. What the hell does it hurt to loose another at this point. We should already be embarrassed.

I put Alford at 3rd, Hines at 1st, Hancock DH, James in CF, Skinner/Davis in RF, Meche at 2B, Tanner at C, Leggett at SS, and I really don’t a shit who is in RF. Let James fig out CF now before SEC play starts.

I honestly don’t know what the hell Gaeutro(sp) did, but it ain’t working… How many times have we made a pitcher look like Nolan Ryan on the mound. How many times have we been no hit going into late in the game or the pitcher is at 60 pitches in the 8th? But as long as we pound our chest we are ok…

sandjunky
02-26-2022, 07:56 AM
We have a SEC SS who can’t hit shit
We have a Gold glove CF who can’t hit shit
We have another OF who can’t hit shit, but is fast as lightning and can bring our defense up to par
We have a 3b who has reverted back to swinging by at everything and has limited range, while a 3rd baseman who has shown better defense is on the bench.
We have a LF who is pretty limited in range and can do nothing but nub balls on the infield, if he guesses at the correct pitch, and can do nothing but try to beat them out…

If we are gonna hit like shit, we better learn how to play small ball… steal every bag you can, bunt when you get the chance, many factor runs… I don’t give a shit if it’s early or not. Today was pathetic. We had 4 hits I believe. FOUR freaking HITS!! Of a guy who got toasted last wknd!!

We have 45 hits on the year. LSU scored 51 runs LAST WKND ALONE… yea, read that again. I don’t care who they played. We should be doing the same to whoever the hell we are playing this wknd…

If I was Lemonis, I walk in and shake things up. We already lost one game this wknd. What the hell does it hurt to loose another at this point. We should already be embarrassed.

I put Alford at 3rd, Hines at 1st, Hancock DH, James in CF, Skinner/Davis in RF, Meche at 2B, Tanner at C, Leggett at SS, and I really don’t a shit who is in RF. Let James fig out CF now before SEC play starts.

I honestly don’t know what the hell Gaeutro(sp) did, but it ain’t working… How many times have we made a pitcher look like Nolan Ryan on the mound. How many times have we been no hit going into late in the game or the pitcher is at 60 pitches in the 8th? But as long as we pound our chest we are ok…

Facts

MoreCowbell
02-26-2022, 01:50 PM
I wouldn?t mind a Cade to Friday, Sims to Saturday switch

State82
02-26-2022, 02:19 PM
May be time for a Leach Speech in the clubhouse. Ala postgame TT/Baylor a number of years ago.

StarkVegasSteve
02-26-2022, 03:32 PM
I wouldn?t mind a Cade to Friday, Sims to Saturday switch

Agreed. We also need Fristoe in the rotation somewhere

OLJWales
02-26-2022, 04:18 PM
May be time for a Leach Speech in the clubhouse. Ala postgame TT/Baylor a number of years ago.

I still watch that clip occasionally. Still LMAO & Enjoyed it long before he Inked with STATE.

State82
02-26-2022, 05:03 PM
I still watch that clip occasionally. Still LMAO & Enjoyed it long before he Inked with STATE.

I never get tired of that. Classic.

MaroonFlounder
02-26-2022, 05:37 PM
We have a SEC SS who can?t hit shit
We have a Gold glove CF who can?t hit shit
We have another OF who can?t hit shit, but is fast as lightning and can bring our defense up to par
We have a LF who is pretty limited in range and can do nothing but nub balls on the infield, if he guesses at the correct pitch, and can do nothing but try to beat them out?

If we are gonna hit like shit, we better learn how to play small ball? steal every bag you can, bunt when you get the chance, many factor runs? I don?t give a shit if it?s early or not. Today was pathetic. We had 4 hits I believe. FOUR freaking HITS!! Of a guy who got toasted last wknd!!

We have 45 hits on the year. LSU scored 51 runs LAST WKND ALONE? yea, read that again. I don?t care who they played. We should be doing the same to whoever the hell we are playing this wknd?

I put Alford at 3rd, Hines at 1st, Hancock DH, James in CF, Skinner/Davis in RF, Meche at 2B, Tanner at C, Leggett at SS, and I really don?t a shit who is in RF. Let James fig out CF now before SEC play starts.

I honestly don?t know what the hell Gaeutro(sp) did, but it ain?t working? How many times have we made a pitcher look like Nolan Ryan on the mound. How many times have we been no hit going into late in the game or the pitcher is at 60 pitches in the 8th? But as long as we pound our chest we are ok?

Ummmm....Cumbest has HR and a Double today.

And we have a Catcher playing 1st Base.

And Logan Tanner is an AA catcher who I believe IS a leader. He hit a dinger today, and has 4 other RBIs on grounders to the right side with runner on 3rd < 2 outs.

And Kam just hit a bomb.

MaroonFlounder
02-26-2022, 05:41 PM
Facts

Nope. Factually incorrect on a few points.

StarkVegasSteve
02-26-2022, 06:37 PM

And Logan Tanner is an AA catcher who I believe IS a leader. He hit a dinger today, and has 4 other RBIs on grounders to the right side with runner on 3rd < 2 outs.

And Kam just hit a bomb.

As they should against pitchers that cannot touch 90 on a radar gun. I have to disagree on Tanner being a leader. I am unsure if this team has a true vocal leader. I hope one emerges but I dont see anyone on this team who will get in someones face or be able to carry a team on a day we are bad. TA did that multiple times last year.

RougeDawg
02-26-2022, 07:48 PM

And Kam just hit a bomb.

Is someone would just make a few small tweaks to Slappy Cumbest?s swing he would be a monster. His hands get too far away from his body and he swings around the ball. If he ever figures it out and starts swinging through the ball, look out behind the fences. He?s a 25+ HR a season guy with a few tweaks. He?s so damn strong he just needs to make more so consistent solid contact. The ball will do the rest.

Funny thing is he was in gridiron one game this year with other players and they were all feeling pretty good. We were talking hitting and I kindly mentioned that he?d hit a ton of bombs by pulling his hands a little closer to his body. Our parents/grandparents know each other. He?s much younger than I am.

If he ever figures it out he could have a nice run in the Bigs. He is the the body size they look for in a DH and they don?t care about strikeouts as much as they used to.

State82
02-26-2022, 07:57 PM
As they should against pitchers that cannot touch 90 on a radar gun. I have to disagree on Tanner being a leader. I am unsure if this team has a true vocal leader. I hope one emerges but I dont see anyone on this team who will get in someones face or be able to carry a team on a day we are bad. TA did that multiple times last year.

Nobody can argue this. I suppose someone could step forward but there's not one that appears to be likely at present.

Todd4State
02-27-2022, 02:07 AM

I think we have the opposite problem actually. I think there has been so much talk of and fear about a let down year that our players are actually doing too much and that's causing them to press at the plate trying to make something happen.

Cooterpoot
02-27-2022, 07:38 AM
We get Downs back, our rotation and bullpen settled, and a couple guys straightened out and we'll be fine. We knew it was going to be an adjustment year. It takes time. I'll worry about things in another month if not better. Right now, it's pretty pointless.

PGHBulldogBG
02-27-2022, 10:36 AM
My knowledge of baseball is lackluster compared to football and hoops, but I know when you have a lot of new faces finding the right rotations and pitching can be challenging. I?m confident Lemonis will get it all figured out by SEC time. At the same time, I think we will struggle a bit more this year but will still finish in the top 16 and top 5 or 6 of SEC

Commercecomet24
02-27-2022, 01:30 PM
We get Downs back, our rotation and bullpen settled, and a couple guys straightened out and we'll be fine. We knew it was going to be an adjustment year. It takes time. I'll worry about things in another month if not better. Right now, it's pretty pointless.

Perspective and accurate