PDA

View Full Version : Art Briles to Grambling

FISHDAWG
02-25-2022, 09:29 AM
How long or does he make it back to a P5 school ?

TrapGame
02-25-2022, 09:46 AM
And some of the big Grambling alums are super pissed too. I don't think Briles makes it back to a P5 school. I think he's done on that level.

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2022, 10:27 AM
Winning. Solves. Everything. Let Grambling start winning and competing with JSU and magically those complaints will disappear.

OLJWales
02-25-2022, 12:19 PM
Winning. Solves. Everything. Let Grambling start winning and competing with JSU and magically those complaints will disappear.

Yep. Grambling ain't happy with Prime Time JSU. Desperate times requiring desperate Hires.

Leroy Jenkins
02-28-2022, 05:53 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/3o6fIUOohyg4yegu1G/giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ed4aed17c2d05baaddcc27702dc 317800462bdcf&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

ScoobaDawg
02-28-2022, 06:10 PM
He gone

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/28/after-backlash-art-briles-wont-join-hue-jacksons-grambling-staff-after-all/

StarkVegasSteve
02-28-2022, 06:50 PM
I really do not get it. Did he know what was going on and fail to do everything he could? YES. Most definitely and without question. However, the NCAA also came out and said that this was a campus wide problem, and not just a football problem. James Franklin had two players at Vandy who are now in prison for rape WHILE James Franklin was the coach. The only player ever tried in the Baylor scandal was found innocent. Yet James Franklin has a 10 yr 70 million dollar contract and Art Briles is cancelled out of an OC job at Grambling. But hey, at least Grambling will have a clear conscience when they fail to win a game in 2022

was21
02-28-2022, 07:44 PM
He can still get the OC at USM...last resort

Really Clark?
02-28-2022, 08:35 PM
I really do not get it. Did he know what was going on and fail to do everything he could? YES. Most definitely and without question. However, the NCAA also came out and said that this was a campus wide problem, and not just a football problem. James Franklin had two players at Vandy who are now in prison for rape WHILE James Franklin was the coach. The only player ever tried in the Baylor scandal was found innocent. Yet James Franklin has a 10 yr 70 million dollar contract and Art Briles is cancelled out of an OC job at Grambling. But hey, at least Grambling will have a clear conscience when they fail to win a game in 2022

It wasn't that he failed to do everything he could, it was that he absolutely failed to do anything, per the NCAA direct quote on their investigation "The head coach failed to meet even the most basic expectations of how a person should react to the kind of conduct at issue in this case. Furthermore, as a campus leader, the head coach is held to an even higher standard. He completely failed to meet this standard." These were felony allegations, it was determined that he actually received direct information of criminal activity and did nothing. Franklin removed the players and the university expelled the players even before they were indicted....huge difference in how they responded vs Briles and Baylor admin

StarkVegasSteve
02-28-2022, 09:00 PM
It wasn't that he failed to do everything he could, it was that he absolutely failed to do anything, per the NCAA direct quote on their investigation "The head coach failed to meet even the most basic expectations of how a person should react to the kind of conduct at issue in this case. Furthermore, as a campus leader, the head coach is held to an even higher standard. He completely failed to meet this standard." These were felony allegations, it was determined that he actually received direct information of criminal activity and did nothing. Franklin removed the players and the university expelled the players even before they were indicted....huge difference in how they responded vs Briles and Baylor admin

And I do not condone what he did in any way. It is reprehensible, I just think if the program decides to hire him then they did their due dilligence with it. If someone wants to hire him then that is the choice they made. It won?t affect any of these talkings heads that are out there condemning it in any way, shape, or form.

OLJWales
02-28-2022, 09:03 PM
I realize they have no other title but honorable HC's Gotta Step Up when Time Calls. Nothing Manly or Moral turning a blind eye to Evil ,pain and horror.

BeardoMSU
02-28-2022, 10:54 PM

this.

Hot Rock
03-01-2022, 12:38 PM
And I do not condone what he did in any way. It is reprehensible, I just think if the program decides to hire him then they did their due dilligence with it. If someone wants to hire him then that is the choice they made. It won?t affect any of these talkings heads that are out there condemning it in any way, shape, or form.

A girl said she was gang raped by 10-15 football players and nothing happened. No investigation at all. Another one accused five football players of raping her and still no investigation. She was assigned to a different sport like it was her fault. It was obvious he didn't give a shit if women were getting raped or not and this all started under his tenure. Read the timeline in the article and tell me this man should ever be allowed to coach again. No amount of due diligence justifies hiring this man.

I personally think he should be in prison so he can get gang raped on a daily basis myself. He is a piece of shit and any coach or University that will hire him should be ran out of town and never allowed to be around any educational setting or in charge of anything ever again.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33365146/the-line-art-briles-downfall-baylor-hire-grambling-state