PDA

View Full Version : Early 2022 draft predictions

Homedawg
02-24-2022, 01:25 PM
Kiley McDaniel came out with his first edition of the top 50 picks of the draft. He has Sims going 22nd and LoTan going 29th. No signees in top 50 but, does have Jet Williams in the next group of others to watch.

smootness
02-24-2022, 05:50 PM
I think Sims will continue to climb draft boards as he proves himself as a starter. Because no one is hitting the guy.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2022, 05:52 PM
I think Sims will continue to climb draft boards as he proves himself as a starter. Because no one is hitting the guy.

I agree. If he has a big year(which I'm confident he will) I think he could be a top 10 pick.

Homedawg
02-24-2022, 07:34 PM

He admitted as much too.

Homedawg
02-24-2022, 07:35 PM
I agree. If he has a big year(which I'm confident he will) I think he could be a top 10 pick.
Possible. I think top 15 is where he lands. Damn sure wouldn't bet against him.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2022, 07:37 PM
Possible. I think top 15 is where he lands. Damn sure wouldn't bet against him.

Yeah the dude is a beast. He's got the talent and the mentality to be really successful at this game.

AlSwearengen
02-24-2022, 07:57 PM
I guess we won’t seeing Sim’s change again this weekend.

Coach34
02-24-2022, 08:58 PM
He's a top 10-12 pick as long as he has the kind of season I think he will. If I'm a GM around 8-12, no way I pass up a chance to get this guy.

Tbonewannabe
02-25-2022, 08:01 PM
As long as he doesn't have to face Northern Kentucky again. Sims looked like he should go back to the bullpen today.

Coach34
02-25-2022, 09:19 PM
Never judge any player pitching or hitting in 40 degree weather

Commercecomet24
02-25-2022, 09:23 PM
Never judge any player pitching or hitting in 40 degree weather

Amen to that! If you've never played in it you don't understand it!

Coach34
02-25-2022, 09:25 PM
My 1st college AB was in 22 degree weather. Literally didnt care if I got a hit or not. All I cared about was not getting jammed and the ball hitting the handle.

Commercecomet24
02-25-2022, 09:37 PM
My 1st college AB was in 22 degree weather. Literally didnt care if I got a hit or not. All I cared about was not getting jammed and the ball hitting the handle.

Lol I remember playing a game in a light snow at about the same temps and my thoughts were exactly that, don't get jammed, In fact that was everyone's thoughts! And you know what pitchers do on those days, they bust you inside all day long!

Tbonewannabe
02-25-2022, 09:44 PM

I hated trying to catch grounders more than hitting. Nothing like catching one in the palm of the glove in February.

Coach34
02-25-2022, 10:21 PM
I hated trying to catch grounders more than hitting. Nothing like catching one in the palm of the glove in February.

I played 1st. Hated that day and will never forget it. Coldest I've ever been in my life. I'm not saying I know exactly how cold our troops felt in WWII around the Battle of the Bulge- but I understand it.

Todd4State
02-27-2022, 02:23 AM
Getting Jett Williams would be huge for us. He's an instant starter on day one and the only question is MIF or CF.

The main guys I'm worried about would be him, Dakota Jordan and the guy that can pitch with both hands.

SilentSteel16
02-27-2022, 05:22 AM
Well since we are talking about cold days playing ball. I was on JR Team SEUSA (15-16) was more of a regional team versus the national team. We did a 4 week tour and played ball in 3 different tournaments overseas, with one exhibition game to further develop the game in other countries. Our “exhibition game” was against the German 18 national team, we played it in some 10 syllable Swedish town, and played it at 0200 (2am) because that was when it was forecasted to be above 0 degrees Celsius. Well it was broad daylight and below freezing with a strong gusting wind, by the way where we were it was in the Artic Circle. We played in a cricket/futbal stadium that was all blue… I got drilled in the knee on the first pitch of the game and never felt it. But I did feel a come backer off my throwing hand because I was dumb enough to try and grab the hit ball. That ended my day, but I can say I got to play a certified international game in the artic circle at 2am in Sweden. Haha.

Homedawg
02-27-2022, 10:38 AM
Getting Jett Williams would be huge for us. He's an instant starter on day one and the only question is MIF or CF.

The main guys I'm worried about would be him, Dakota Jordan and the guy that can pitch with both hands.

I don't think Jet is ever going to step foot on campus. I'd love to be wrong. The ambidextrous pitcher is interesting. Would love to hang onto him. Have no clue on his signability

SilentSteel16
02-27-2022, 12:08 PM
Wasn’t there another kid we had committed that was ambidextrous pitching? I want to say he was a Hispanic kid. I could be way off and a year or two off but I remember some smoke about a pitching prospect like that with us.

Homedawg
02-27-2022, 12:22 PM
Wasn’t there another kid we had committed that was ambidextrous pitching? I want to say he was a Hispanic kid. I could be way off and a year or two off but I remember some smoke about a pitching prospect like that with us.

That's who Todd and I are referring too. Can't spell or pronounce his name.

OLJWales
02-27-2022, 12:46 PM
Well since we are talking about cold days playing ball. I was on JR Team SEUSA (15-16) was more of a regional team versus the national team. We did a 4 week tour and played ball in 3 different tournaments overseas, with one exhibition game to further develop the game in other countries. Our ?exhibition game? was against the German 18 national team, we played it in some 10 syllable Swedish town, and played it at 0200 (2am) because that was when it was forecasted to be above 0 degrees Celsius. Well it was broad daylight and below freezing with a strong gusting wind, by the way where we were it was in the Artic Circle. We played in a cricket/futbal stadium that was all blue? I got drilled in the knee on the first pitch of the game and never felt it. But I did feel a come backer off my throwing hand because I was dumb enough to try and grab the hit ball. That ended my day, but I can say I got to play a certified international game in the artic circle at 2am in Sweden. Haha.

What an awesome post thank you very much. Repped.
I would be interested if anybody ever heard of the nagging soreness in the glove hand right at the base of the index finger from the pounding that area of the hand takes. It never was bad enough for a doctor and my playing days ended after a season of summer ball at Brandon High in the early eighties. Felt like a sore spongy spot for 10 years but if I were to go play catch today I'd have my golf And baseball glove on to protect my skinny boned hand.

Schultzy
02-27-2022, 09:21 PM
Try shagging bp in the 80?s at SHS at 5:00 pm with Western Sizzlin smoke hoisting you in the face every day.