PDA

View Full Version : It is amazing to me that with the world situation escalating to unprecedented

99jc
02-24-2022, 02:20 AM
events not seen in 60 years that many are worried about dumbass basketball coaches. As Earl Pitts would say wake up AMERICA!

Tater
02-24-2022, 02:31 AM
this is a mississippi state board. some people need a reprieve and an outlet to bury their head in the sand to keep mental sanity.

if you're ever shocked that msu board makes posts about msu things, that's on you.

99jc
02-24-2022, 02:58 AM
this is a mississippi state board. some people need a reprieve and an outlet to bury their head in the sand to keep mental sanity.

if you're ever shocked that msu board makes posts about msu things, that's on you.

Go ahead and bury your head in the sand and you will get your ass shot off!

Cooterpoot
02-24-2022, 03:16 AM
events not seen in 60 years that many are worried about dumbass basketball coaches. As Earl Pitts would say wake up AMERICA!

You've really got some issues. Russia ain't one of them.

Tater
02-24-2022, 03:18 AM
Go ahead and bury your head in the sand and you will get your ass shot off!

weird flex but ok. i'm one of the few who don't have my head routinely buried in the sand on this board.

but acting shocked that this board specifically isn't talking about non Mississippi State stuff is weird. the rest of us have lives and outlets outside of this board.

this is similar to going into the bank and telling everyone they need to wake up and help save the bees. like... ok? i'm just trying to deposit my check bro. not the place.

Offshore Dawg
02-24-2022, 09:29 AM
In reality most folks don't care or get concerned until it affects them. I have a news flash this will diffidently hit the investments and gas prices.

Catfish
02-24-2022, 09:32 AM
In reality most folks don't care or get concerned until it affects them. I have a news flash this will diffidently hit the investments and gas prices.

Gas prices...food prices...Everything.

Johnson85
02-24-2022, 09:44 AM

What exactly do you expect the members of this board to do? For the foreseeable future, this is going to be a financial issue for most on here. Once they've done what they can to mitigate any financial harm, most people probably aren't in a position to do anything else.

We have extremely incompetent political and military leadership that couldn't even figure out the basic sequencing for an evacuation. We're very likely going to 17 this up very quickly and Russia will get a quick win and we'll go back to normal while Russia focuses on getting control of Ukraine, or we're going to 17 this up very quickly and kick off major escalations. My bet is on the former, but either way, there's not much anybody on this board can do but wait.

OLJWales
02-24-2022, 10:37 AM
weird flex but ok. i'm one of the few who don't have my head routinely buried in the sand on this board.

but acting shocked that this board specifically isn't talking about non Mississippi State stuff is weird. the rest of us have lives and outlets outside of this board.

this is similar to going into the bank and telling everyone they need to wake up and help save the bees. like... ok? i'm just trying to deposit my check bro. not the place.

You speak too highly of yourself. Your not that smart and have your head buried deep in Commie Ass.

CaptainObvious
02-24-2022, 10:52 AM
You speak too highly of yourself. Your not that smart and have your head buried deep in Commie Ass.

I think you meant you?re not that smart. 😎

Tripp McNeely
02-24-2022, 11:02 AM
"Unprecedented" is definitely not the right word to use

dawgday166
02-24-2022, 11:06 AM

Someone must've been listening to Brett Baier most of last night LOL SMH. Brett's an idiot.

Johnson85
02-24-2022, 11:16 AM

Yea, I can accept that "unprecedented" now means variously either, "not within the life of the speaker" or even just "not within the short term memory of the speaker" but even with the somewhat oxymoronic qualifier of "unprecedented in the last 60 years", it's still probably not correct? We've had saber rattling over the last 60 years, even by major powers, including the invasion of crimea way back in 2014.

SaintDawg
02-24-2022, 11:20 AM
and.... in before the lock

OLJWales
02-24-2022, 11:25 AM
Someone must've been listening to Brett Baier most of last night LOL SMH. Brett's an idiot.

Calling Brett Bair an idiot doesn't speak well for your intellect. Did you forget 'Racist" too? Truth doesn't equal either term.

OLJWales
02-24-2022, 11:41 AM
I think you meant you?re not that smart. ��

Correct. I don't use question marks when I get it right though.

dawgday166
02-24-2022, 11:51 AM
Calling Brett Bair an idiot doesn't speak well for your intellect. Did you forget 'Racist" too? Truth doesn't equal either term.

You agreeing with him doesn't speak well of yours. Unprecedented since WWII??? We've done it ourselves, many times. Like Panama. Brett is the Fox mouthpiece for Globalists, which are our true enemies. He's hammered on DJT in the past, so he's more inclined (although I've never seen him do it) to holler racist than I am. I really ain't too concerned with Russia/Ukraine. China .. now that's another story. There are folks I agree with on Fox, but Brett usually ain't one of them. I never watch him at all and almost never watch any cable news anymore. Just happened to watch Fox News last night to see what they were saying after this broke out.

Tripp McNeely
02-24-2022, 12:04 PM
Yea, I can accept that "unprecedented" now means variously either, "not within the life of the speaker" or even just "not within the short term memory of the speaker" but even with the somewhat oxymoronic qualifier of "unprecedented in the last 60 years", it's still probably not correct? We've had saber rattling over the last 60 years, even by major powers, including the invasion of crimea way back in 2014.

Who is Brett Baier?

DownwardDawg
02-24-2022, 12:32 PM
Gas prices...food prices...Everything.

I love me some $100/barrel oil!!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!

Homedawg
02-24-2022, 12:52 PM
You agreeing with him doesn't speak well of yours. Unprecedented since WWII??? We've done it ourselves, many times. Like Panama. Brett is the Fox mouthpiece for Globalists, which are our true enemies. He's hammered on DJT in the past, so he's more inclined (although I've never seen him do it) to holler racist than I am. I really ain't too concerned with Russia/Ukraine. China .. now that's another story. There are folks I agree with on Fox, but Brett usually ain't one of them. I never watch him at all and almost never watch any cable news anymore. Just happened to watch Fox News last night to see what they were saying after this broke out.

You sure know a lot about him to never watch him..... So either you do watch him or you just made shit up.......Your words, "I never watch him at all"

dawgday166
02-24-2022, 12:56 PM
You sure know a lot about him to never watch him..... So either you do watch him or you just made shit up.......Your words, "I never watch him at all"

Haha ... let me rephrase. I quit watching him probably a year or more ago. I used to watch him before that. So not entirely sure what slant he's putting on events these days but he was hyping over and over last night how the Russia/Ukraine thing is "unprecedented since WWII" ... which isn't even close to accurate.

Pancho
02-24-2022, 01:05 PM
might be if Chyna keeps flying over Taiwan air space.

662dawg
02-24-2022, 01:12 PM
I love me some $100/barrel oil!!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!

It comes with freedom duh***

Homedawg
02-24-2022, 01:18 PM
Haha ... let me rephrase. I quit watching him probably a year or more ago. I used to watch him before that. So not entirely sure what slant he's putting on events these days but he was hyping over and over last night how the Russia/Ukraine thing is "unprecedented since WWII" ... which isn't even close to accurate.

Thanks for the clarification....I did watch about 15 mins of it, and he and the lady doing the broadcast were kind to Biden.

Percho
02-24-2022, 01:34 PM
Methinks Ukraine may be the one with friends in strange places.

sleepy dawg
02-24-2022, 01:39 PM
Look where this thread has already gone. This is why this board sticks to basketball coaches and slumping hitters. There's a lot of sh*t going on, bad sh*t and scary sh*t. The majority of people know that and follow it to varying degrees. It is really nice though to have places to go where we can look at and discuss other things. There are plenty of other places to discuss world events.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2022, 01:41 PM
Look where this thread has already gone. This is why this board sticks to basketball coaches and slumping hitters. There's a lot of sh*t going on, bad sh*t and scary sh*t. The majority of people know that and follow it to varying degrees. It is really nice though to have places to go where we can look at and discuss other things. There are plenty of other places to discuss world events.

Amen to that!

OLJWales
02-24-2022, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the clarification....I did watch about 15 mins of it, and he and the lady doing the broadcast were kind to Biden.

Like they were professional and honest? As opposed to how other networks operate?

BeardoMSU
02-24-2022, 01:52 PM

This

Jack Lambert
02-24-2022, 02:30 PM
Can Putin hit a 3 point shot?***

Tater
02-24-2022, 02:51 PM

I focus on way more worldly issues and others views. That's not commie. That's just different and you're scared of anything different.

Also head in sand is not equivalent to head up ass. Two different distinctions and mutually exclusive of one another.

Also do try to use the proper your / you're when you're dropping your tired insults. You're coming across like you're the one with your head buried up your ass right now and the one with your head in the sand during 6th grade English. You're embarrassing yourself.

Extendedcab
02-24-2022, 03:13 PM
I focus on way more worldly issues and others views. That's not commie. That's just different and you're scared of anything different.

Also head in sand is not equivalent to head up ass. Two different distinctions and mutually exclusive of one another.

Also do try to use the proper your / you're when you're dropping your tired insults. You're coming across like you're the one with your head buried up your ass right now and the one with your head in the sand during 6th grade English. You're embarrassing yourself.

Not scared of anything. If different means wandering from our traditional values, then we don't want it!

Dak Holliday
02-24-2022, 03:20 PM
Once upon a time, people sought refuge in sports. A place where you could escape politics, home life, or socioeconomic standing, and for just a few hours take refuge in joining with another that might not ever speak to you else wise, to cheer on a common team. These interactions would create bonds that helped to tear down the walls that society had put in place. This would be crucial to finding ways to like someone that you previously thought you couldn?t. Then we allowed these rulers of society that are busy building up the walls to infiltrate our escape. To take away the sanctuary, effectively eliminating the ability to unite through sport by focusing our attention to the politics, pushing for division. Please don?t disparage those that choose to escape for a little bit each day. Unfortunately, we have plenty of time to worry about the world after we sign off.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2022, 03:27 PM
Once upon a time, people sought refuge in sports. A place where you could escape politics, home life, or socioeconomic standing, and for just a few hours take refuge in joining with another that might not ever speak to you else wise, to cheer on a common team. These interactions would create bonds that helped to tear down the walls that society had put in place. This would be crucial to finding ways to like someone that you previously thought you couldn?t. Then we allowed these rulers of society that are busy building up the walls to infiltrate our escape. To take away the sanctuary, effectively eliminating the ability to unite through sport by focusing our attention to the politics, pushing for division. Please don?t disparage those that choose to escape for a little bit each day. Unfortunately, we have plenty of time to worry about the world after we sign off.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dak Holliday again.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-24-2022, 03:47 PM
Biden's account tweeted in February, 2020: "Vladimir Putin doesn't want me to be President. He doesn't want me to be our nominee."

"If you're wondering why?it's because I'm the only person in this field who's ever gone toe-to-toe with him,"

Has Biden fulfilled any of his campaign lies, I mean promises?

Saltydog
02-24-2022, 03:53 PM
Can Putin hit a 3 point shot?***

Yeah, after all he does know a thing or two about "offense", right?

FISHDAWG
02-24-2022, 04:09 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dak Holliday again.

agreed .... and we need that "Like" button

BeardoMSU
02-24-2022, 04:35 PM
agreed .... and we need that "Like" button

Indeed.

BeardoMSU
02-24-2022, 04:36 PM
dp.

Leroy Jenkins
02-24-2022, 05:03 PM
Biden's account tweeted in February, 2020: "Vladimir Putin doesn't want me to be President. He doesn't want me to be our nominee."

"If you're wondering why?it's because I'm the only person in this field who's ever gone toe-to-toe with him,"

Has Biden fulfilled any of his campaign lies, I mean promises?

The last time Putin invaded Ukraine Biden was in the VP. 1+1=?

DownwardDawg
02-24-2022, 05:04 PM

Rep given. Great post.

Tater
02-24-2022, 05:43 PM
Not scared of anything. If different means wandering from our traditional values, then we don't want it!

Your second sentence disproves your first sentence.

DownwardDawg
02-24-2022, 05:48 PM
Your second sentence disproves your first sentence.

No.

RocketDawg
02-24-2022, 07:01 PM
Correct. I don't use question marks when I get it right though.

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

RocketDawg
02-24-2022, 07:21 PM
The situation in Ukraine is certainly not unprecedented, but it's very serious for Ukraine, the US, and the world. I think Putin must have shaken a few more screws loose lately. He's determined to recreate the Soviet Union, doing whatever it takes, including killing his own country.

RougeDawg
02-24-2022, 08:05 PM
All I can say is you get the government and results you vote for and deserve. Current world events were as easy to predict 2 years ago as Tater coming here to defend certain ignorance. It was actually written in a campaign pledge that apparently most US citizens either didn?t or could not read. Oh well, we must all reap what the stupid and intentionally ignorant so.

Even those dead people voting. Enjoy this equity and equality. Everyone is equally suffering as was planned. Next time read the campaign pledge documents. They published the playbook summer 2020. I may be in the minority but I tend to take people for their word until they prove otherwise.

Saltydog
02-24-2022, 08:09 PM
Strange thing about this is Putin allegedly "doesn't want a NATO country on his border"! So, what does he do? He just occupied a country that will now border NATO countries! It isn't about NATO! That's just a convenient excuse! It's about power and and money and he's flexing his muscle but no worries folks, we got Joe! Hell, Hunter Biden has done way more in Ukraine than his dad has!

OLJWales
02-24-2022, 08:26 PM

I only fear the history of Lenin, Stalin, Mao se Tung , N.Korea, Castro etc.... Some think they would be a worthy son in law. NOT ME!!

BoomBoom
02-24-2022, 08:30 PM
The situation in Ukraine is certainly not unprecedented, but it's very serious for Ukraine, the US, and the world. I think Putin must have shaken a few more screws loose lately. He's determined to recreate the Soviet Union, doing whatever it takes, including killing his own country.

I don't ascribe to that now common view that he's doing this as part of a plan to rebuild the USSR. I see that claim as a pre-built excuse. "Hey we let him take Ukraine, but he hasn't rebuilt the USSR so we beat him!"

I see it as Putin is weak, but he is turning that weakness into a strength. Russia has had 0 GDP for a decade. That's not a strong country. With inflation with it where it is, another decade like the last one and Putins Russia won't exist anymore. I think he knows that. I think his back is to the wall and this is a desperate move. But.....he has a military, unknown cyber capabilities, and nukes. I think the right move is to not provoke the desperate man with the nukes. Be patient, bleed him dry. Like a desperate man holding hostages in a grocery store over a loaf of bread, don't send in SWAT, just wait him out. Putin knows this as well, so he is using it to his advantage as best he can. But he still holds a losing hand in the long run. Ignore the usual idiots calling the Democrat weak or stupid, Biden has done a good job here. He outmanuvered Putin and turned global forces against him.

OLJWales
02-24-2022, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=BoomBoom;1412430]I don't ascribe to that now common view that he's doing this as part of a plan to rebuild the USSR. I see that claim as a pre-built excuse. "Hey we let him take Ukraine, but he hasn't rebuilt the USSR so we beat him!"

I see it as Putin is weak, but he is turning that weakness into a strength. Russia has had 0 GDP for a decade. That's not a strong country. With inflation with it where it is, another decade like the last one and Putins Russia won't exist anymore. I think he knows that. I think his back is to the wall and this is a desperate move. But.....he has a military, unknown cyber capabilities, and nukes. I think the right move is to not provoke the desperate man with the nukes. Be patient, bleed him dry. Like a desperate man holding hostages in a grocery store over a loaf of bread, don't send in SWAT, just wait him out. Putin knows this as well, so he is using it to his advantage as best he can. But he still holds a losing hand in the long run. Ignore the usual idiots calling the Democrat weak or stupid, Biden has done a good job here. He outmanuvered Putin and turned global forces against him.[/QUOTE

I Think Putin has enough in reserves despite world sanctions to wipe Ukraine out quick. If you think Putin doesn't wanna Re-Enslave the former USSR Break Aways, you aint gotta lick uh sense.

BoomBoom
02-24-2022, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=BoomBoom;1412430]I don't ascribe to that now common view that he's doing this as part of a plan to rebuild the USSR. I see that claim as a pre-built excuse. "Hey we let him take Ukraine, but he hasn't rebuilt the USSR so we beat him!"

I see it as Putin is weak, but he is turning that weakness into a strength. Russia has had 0 GDP for a decade. That's not a strong country. With inflation with it where it is, another decade like the last one and Putins Russia won't exist anymore. I think he knows that. I think his back is to the wall and this is a desperate move. But.....he has a military, unknown cyber capabilities, and nukes. I think the right move is to not provoke the desperate man with the nukes. Be patient, bleed him dry. Like a desperate man holding hostages in a grocery store over a loaf of bread, don't send in SWAT, just wait him out. Putin knows this as well, so he is using it to his advantage as best he can. But he still holds a losing hand in the long run. Ignore the usual idiots calling the Democrat weak or stupid, Biden has done a good job here. He outmanuvered Putin and turned global forces against him.[/QUOTE

I Think Putin has enough in reserves despite world sanctions to wipe Ukraine out quick. If you think Putin doesn't wanna Re-Enslave the former USSR Break Aways, you aint gotta lick uh sense.

It's not that I don't think he wants to. I want to bang Scarlett Johanson, doesn't mean I pick my actions based on it. I think he knows that's a pipe dream, at least in his lifetime. Invading Ukraine doesn't help him in the long run. The sanctions will hurt more than he gains. It's a desperate move.

BeardoMSU
02-24-2022, 08:54 PM
Russia has had 0 GDP for a decade. That's not a strong country.

Painted rust.

BeardoMSU
02-24-2022, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=OLJWales;1412433]
It's a desperate move.

Definitely. And some people are just plain crazy, and want to watch the world burn.

BoomBoom
02-24-2022, 08:58 PM
Painted rust.

I know a little bit about that.....

:)

BoomBoom
02-24-2022, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=BoomBoom;1412436]

Definitely. And some people are just plain crazy, and want to watch the world burn.

Yeah, but do those types sit around for 20 years before making their move?

OLJWales
02-24-2022, 09:05 PM
Biden cutting off our pipeline while approving Russia's created huge Russian borrowing power.

BeardoMSU
02-24-2022, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=BeardoMSU;1412439]

Yeah, but do those types sit around for 20 years before making their move?

You do if you've been fantasizing about rebuilding the empire the last 30 years, I guess.

ScoobaDawg
02-24-2022, 09:11 PM
Goodbye trouble makers