PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic (fire any coach, cut any player)

msstate7
02-23-2022, 08:15 PM
Season on the line, and...

31% fg
0-11 from 3

Way to show up! I'm out on this team... they're a bunch of losers

Commercecomet24
02-23-2022, 08:17 PM
The team is playing like Howland is coaching, tired.

Turfdawg67
02-23-2022, 08:21 PM

31% fg
0-11 from 3

Lol... took ya long enough. Howland sucks! And I'm a guy that defends our coaches to the bitter end. His bitter end is way over past due.

msstate7
02-23-2022, 08:24 PM
Molinar has no shot at the nba. He shoot's 3s like my 5-year old nephew

klong-dog
02-23-2022, 08:26 PM
He was so good last year. Not only can't he shoot, his foot work as he's going up for the shot, is ugly as shit.

Coach34
02-23-2022, 08:27 PM
NIT bound

No shooting guard killed this team regardless of Tolu's status. 3 point shooting is mandatory in today's game. We have none

Turfdawg67
02-23-2022, 08:33 PM
NIT bound

No shooting guard killed this team regardless of Tolu's status. 3 point shooting is mandatory in today's game. We have none

Time to start a Stansbury thread. Natives are getting restless with Howland. Gotta protect this loser coach and rip our last good one. It's time... lol.

HoopsDawg
02-23-2022, 08:34 PM
NIT bound

We needed a shooting guard and we went out and got Jeffries, Watts and Moore. I would trade all 3 for one 6'2 guard that could shoot 38% from 3.

RougeDawg
02-23-2022, 08:43 PM
We needed a shooting guard and we went out and got Jeffries, Watts and Moore. I would trade all 3 for one 6'2 guard that could shoot 38% from 3.

Someone talking some sense into DJ Stewart after last year sure would have helped. We are MState. Day late and a dollar short every season. Baby hands Ado would have helped too. Tolu looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Saltydog
02-23-2022, 08:53 PM

31% fg
0-11 from 3

You held out hope a long time 7......Unfortunately, I think the writing was on the wall several weeks back.......Wish CBH the best but I'd rather watch grass grow than watch another year of this offense......I've seen HS coaches that coach offense better than BH......

NCMSTFAN
02-23-2022, 09:20 PM
It's definitely time for change, I've always taken up for Howland alot but I said at the beginning of the year that he had to win with this team, no excuses to not, we have talented roster.. and here we are

EdwardDrayton
02-23-2022, 11:19 PM
It's definitely time for change, I've always taken up for Howland alot but I said at the beginning of the year that he had to win with this team, no excuses to not, we have talented roster.. and here we are

Yes it?s definitely time for a change. But we finally have to admit we don?t have the depth of talent we thought.

PGHBulldogBG
02-23-2022, 11:47 PM
Tonight showed the difference between a floor coach and a recruiter. They have similar SEC records yet Martin has a final 4 because a coach has the chance to do that just like Richard Williams. A recruiter gets you so far

Dawgology
02-24-2022, 12:35 AM
People still watch mens basketball at state? Didn’t even know there was a game tonight haha. Stopped watching several years back because Howland coaches boooooorrrrrriiiinnnggg basketball. Snooze fest with no aggression and subpar game plans.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-24-2022, 06:42 AM
We are a Volleyball School!

FISHDAWG
02-24-2022, 08:06 AM
sounds like I missed another basketball game ... oh well, at this point I would rather watch something more exciting - like Oak Island **

msstate7
02-24-2022, 08:23 AM
I'm not one that expects us to win every game, but in such a huge game, how do you shoot that abysmal and just get totally worked on the boards?

Offshore Dawg
02-24-2022, 09:26 AM
Question for you coaches. A team beats another at home by 10 to 20 points, then travel to that other teams court and then loose by 10 to 20 points. Same two teams playing. Is this some kind of gang land protect your turf mentality?

KentuckyDawg13
02-24-2022, 09:58 AM
Except in Starkville, because there are soooo many things to do in the Golden Triangle. #lamefans

msstate7
02-24-2022, 10:25 AM
Except in Starkville, because there are soooo many things to do in the Golden Triangle. #lamefans

Even as poor as our attendance and atmosphere is, we still play much better at home

QuadrupleOption
02-24-2022, 12:41 PM

31% fg
0-11 from 3

Welcome to the club. I've been out on Howland for a couple of years now to be honest. His teams are consistently inconsistent. Play great one game, look like absolute crap the next. It was the same thing the year we actually got an NCAA bid and of course we came out flat against Liberty and got our asses handed to us.

I'm not saying Stans was the best ever but his early teams played HARD even when they sucked. That's what I'd like to see - some passion and effort. It just looks like we're going through the motions.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2022, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the club. I've been out on Howland for a couple of years now to be honest. His teams are consistently inconsistent. Play great one game, look like absolute crap the next. It was the same thing the year we actually got an NCAA bid and of course we came out flat against Liberty and got our asses handed to us.

I'm not saying Stans was the best ever but his early teams played HARD even when they sucked. That's what I'd like to see - some passion and effort. It just looks like we're going through the motions.

This, exactly.

Hot Rock
02-24-2022, 05:19 PM
OK guys, I am done. If I say it's time, it is past time.

R2Dawg
02-24-2022, 08:00 PM

I still like Moore. He plays good D and plays hard. He has a good shot but hit a slump. He can finish.

DJ and Watts we got almost nothing. DJ's minutes cost us dearly.

thf24
02-24-2022, 08:42 PM

Where the consistency comes in for Howland's teams, especially this year, is coming out flat as a pancake for pivotal games.

IMissJack
02-27-2022, 08:19 PM
As I have asked before, how is it possible in this day and time to put together a college team that can't shoot 3's at all? That is mostly what all players do now, from the time they are in jr. high. How do we have a college team assembled that shoots 3's as bad as a 1940's team that shot underhanded? It is statistically nearly impossible.