PDA

View Full Version : 3 minor things

Pinto
02-20-2022, 09:20 PM
The athletic department has its faults but comes closest to getting things right at the Dude. Three minor things I wish they would correct.

1) There were 643 empty chairbacks today. We have to come up with a way of reselling those to let the GA fans have a seat. The grand stands should be full every weekend, period.

2) We need to wash/clean the turf surrounding the diamond. It?s obvious they put in a new home plate area, but the remaining lines are putrid compared to home area. The third base line is especially brown more than white. It?s a small detail but I think small details is what the athletic department misses out on more than anything.

3) Leah Beasley is supposed to be a high ranking employee in the athletic department. If so, why does she run around in skin tight black yoga pants at games? Be professional and dress professional. Again another small detail missing in our athletic department.

Yes I know this stuff doesn?t really matter in the grand scheme but I just always want to chase perfection and everything be 100%.

Saltydog
02-20-2022, 09:25 PM
Anyone can sit in an empty chair back after the 3rd inning!

Pinto
02-20-2022, 09:34 PM
A lot of people won?t even come to the game unless they know for sure they have a place to sit.

Is that an MSU official rule or an unwritten rule?

Homedawg
02-20-2022, 10:02 PM
A lot of people won?t even come to the game unless they know for sure they have a place to sit.

Is that an MSU official rule or an unwritten rule?

Seats every game on stub hub

R2Dawg
02-20-2022, 10:15 PM

Really, I never heard that.

Maroonthirteen
02-20-2022, 10:35 PM
3) Leah Beasley is supposed to be a high ranking employee in the athletic department. If so, why does she run around in skin tight black yoga pants at games? .

Where exactly would she be running around? There needs to be photos for proof. Lots of photos. ***

Pinto
02-20-2022, 10:37 PM
Correct but only 14 chair back seats available on stubhub 3 hours before game. Be nice if fans would help out fans and MSU.

Seats every game on stub hub

Homedawg
02-20-2022, 10:46 PM
Correct but only 14 chair back seats available on stubhub 3 hours before game. Be nice if fans would help out fans and MSU.

3 hours before the game? Good grief. So now it's not only give them a chance to get a seat but at the last minute. SMH.

Homedawg
02-20-2022, 10:47 PM

The fact there were 14 means there were some available.... this subject isn't a fond one of mine. At all...

Pinto
02-20-2022, 11:42 PM
No, it means there were over 600 more that people didn?t put on the market and simply didn?t use. If they had, there would have been hundreds for sale.

3 hours before the game? Good grief. So now it's not only give them a chance to get a seat but at the last minute. SMH.

Pinto
02-20-2022, 11:44 PM
At least you have an open mind and try to see all sides of the issue.

The fact there were 14 means there were some available.... this subject isn't a fond one of mine. At all...

sandjunky
02-21-2022, 06:52 AM
I wonder if having to fill out a 1099 now is having an impact on putting tickets on StubHub

Leeshouldveflanked
02-21-2022, 07:09 AM
Maybe one of these days we will have a SEC worthy Athletic Department and not one that is stuck in the Templeton era.

Saltydog
02-21-2022, 08:26 AM
I think that you only get the 1099 if you sell over $600 but you absolutely may have a point here.....FWIW, I went Friday and Saturday.....Couldn't make it Sunday and sold them on SH......

sleepy dawg
02-21-2022, 11:04 AM
3) Leah Beasley is supposed to be a high ranking employee in the athletic department. If so, why does she run around in skin tight black yoga pants at games? Be professional and dress professional. Again another small detail missing in our athletic department.

This is perhaps the oddest complaint I've seen of our athletics. Maybe if the list was 100 things, but the fact that this made your list of 3 is really weird.

Ari Gold
02-21-2022, 11:19 AM
This is perhaps the oddest complaint I've seen of our athletics. Maybe if the list was 100 things, but the fact that this made your list of 3 is really weird.

She can run around in a thong for all I care as long as she stays far away from any Important decision making

confucius say
02-21-2022, 12:48 PM
There are weekend chairbacks on sale for this upcoming weekend on stubhub now for $30.

viverlibre
02-21-2022, 01:08 PM
The athletic department has its faults but comes closest to getting things right at the Dude. Three minor things I wish they would correct.

1) There were 643 empty chairbacks today. We have to come up with a way of reselling those to let the GA fans have a seat. The grand stands should be full every weekend, period.

We sat in empty chair backs for the super regional, the folks around us told us the owners of the seats rarely attended games and never sold or gave away the tickets. Yes, we must get butts in seats from the first pitch.

Pics please.

Yes I know this stuff doesn?t really matter in the grand scheme but I just always want to chase perfection and everything be 100%.

let's do this!

sandjunky
02-21-2022, 01:20 PM
I?ll probably post mine for this weekend if we can?t make

Dawgpile
02-22-2022, 11:12 PM
Leah Beasley is supposed to be a high ranking employee in the athletic department. If so, why does she run around in skin tight black yoga pants at games?

You know the 3 things that don't lie?

Little kids, drunk people, and yoga pants.

Homedawg
02-23-2022, 10:55 AM
There are weekend chairbacks on sale for this upcoming weekend on stubhub now for $30.

but, but, that's more than I want to pay, or I want to be able to come to the sec series... etc, etc......

Pinto
02-23-2022, 12:32 PM
Not sure if this is aimed at me but I paid $65 a ticket this weekend and have no problem doing so.

Not sure what your issues is since you just make snide middle school remarks with no basis, but I?m sure everyone in your large group of 1 agrees.

but, but, that's more than I want to pay, or I want to be able to come to the sec series... etc, etc......

Homedawg
02-23-2022, 01:21 PM
Not sure if this is aimed at me but I paid $65 a ticket this weekend and have no problem doing so.

Not sure what your issues is since you just make snide middle school remarks with no basis, but I?m sure everyone in your large group of 1 agrees.
No it wasn't aimed at you. Sorry you got so offended. It was aimed at those who want to pay $10 and come to any game they want to and EXPECT a chairback seat....

confucius say
02-23-2022, 01:26 PM
Lot of people don't realize that folks had to pay 1800 dollars upfront for that chairback, then pay for the season ticket every year (which is relatively cheap for what you get but still). Paying the 1800 upfront, especially when getting 4 chairbacks for a family, isn't cheap.

Still worth it imo though. I'd let my football seats go before baseball.

State82
02-23-2022, 02:34 PM
I'd let my football seats go before baseball.

All day long.

State82
02-23-2022, 02:42 PM
She can run around in a thong for all I care

I can get on board

Saltydog
02-23-2022, 03:04 PM
Lot of people don't realize that folks had to pay 1800 dollars upfront for that chairback, then pay for the season ticket every year (which is relatively cheap for what you get but still). Paying the 1800 upfront, especially when getting 4 chairbacks for a family, isn't cheap.

Still worth it imo though. I'd let my football seats go before baseball.

Yeah, me too. FB got to where it's such a big hassle. Literally takes all day and you miss all the other games. Plus, the beer at my house is ice cold.

confucius say
02-23-2022, 04:24 PM
The experience at baseball games is way way better than football. From entry, concessions, bathrooms, facility, just everything.

CaptainObvious
02-23-2022, 04:55 PM
You know the 3 things that don't lie?

Little kids, drunk people, and yoga pants.

Yoga Pants: The second best invention ever!

Right behind the Semi-combustible engine!

But it is real close!!!!

OLJWales
02-23-2022, 05:05 PM
Lea Beasley looks too much like Debbie Wasserman Shultz for me to trust. Still would like Yoga Pics.

shrimp
02-24-2022, 12:24 PM
What are her current responsibilities within the Ath Dept?

She can run around in a thong for all I care as long as she stays far away from any Important decision making

Lord McBuckethead
02-24-2022, 01:23 PM
No, it means there were over 600 more that people didn?t put on the market and simply didn?t use. If they had, there would have been hundreds for sale.

And, maybe just maybe, fans don't want to pay 75 dollars per ticket to have seat.

My biggest complaint about the new park is this..... There are zero general admission seats. The sloped grass areas are great. But the upper 3rd base side should have a grand stand that can seat over 1200 people for general admission. Add to that the 150 people each grass area and you actually have something that is usable by the casual fan and their families.
I would still make all chairbacks accessible to anyone after the 3rd inning. If someone has the ticket to your chairback, you have to move. Simple, Simple Simple.
Grand stands for 1200 people would cost around 550k and that is with W-Flange style structure with aluminum planks. Add in end walls to dress it up and you are looking at maybe 700k all in. That is dang worth it, for the regular fans that would actually like to sit down during the game and were not on the season tickets list 8 years ago.

Lord McBuckethead
02-24-2022, 01:27 PM
Don't know what a Semi-combustible engine is. I even googled it and not sure that term is the correct term.
you talking about a CI? like a diesel?

Homedawg
02-24-2022, 02:26 PM
And, maybe just maybe, fans don't want to pay 75 dollars per ticket to have seat.

My biggest complaint about the new park is this..... There are zero general admission seats. The sloped grass areas are great. But the upper 3rd base side should have a grand stand that can seat over 1200 people for general admission. Add to that the 150 people each grass area and you actually have something that is usable by the casual fan and their families.
I would still make all chairbacks accessible to anyone after the 3rd inning. If someone has the ticket to your chairback, you have to move. Simple, Simple Simple.
Grand stands for 1200 people would cost around 550k and that is with W-Flange style structure with aluminum planks. Add in end walls to dress it up and you are looking at maybe 700k all in. That is dang worth it, for the regular fans that would actually like to sit down during the game and were not on the season tickets list 8 years ago.

We are never building chairbacks for GA. Never. Best hope is some seats beyond right field. Maybe. And no aluminum bleachers between foul poles will happen either.
But I do agree about the sitting in someone's seat after inning 3.
ETA. It's your choice how much you want to pay for a ticket. I get that. Everyone has to make decisions. But just Bc you don't want to doesn't mean you should be provided a place to sit at your price. Just not how it works. Sorry.

State82
02-24-2022, 02:32 PM
And no aluminum bleachers between foul poles will happen either.

That would be like putting a little 10'x10' metal storage shed in the front yard of your Reunion starter castle.

BrunswickDawg
02-24-2022, 02:50 PM

Except we do - or at least we have enough willing to do so that all of our seats are pre-sold. And when we expand, it will be because more people are willing to pay whatever we ask for those seats as well - and none will be GA.
If anyone in our Athletic Department suggests your Vaught-Hemingway inspired shortcut "design" - they should be drawn and quartered.

Homedawg
02-24-2022, 03:18 PM
Except we do - or at least we have enough willing to do so that all of our seats are pre-sold. And when we expand, it will be because more people are willing to pay whatever we ask for those seats as well - and none will be GA.
If anyone in our Athletic Department suggests your Vaught-Hemingway inspired shortcut "design" - they should be drawn and quartered.
And we have a winner!!! There will be expansion, at some point, w more chairbacks but they will go straight to the people on the waiting list and they will all be sold when they do....