PDA

View Full Version : That's Gotta Sting

SteelCurtain74
02-20-2022, 07:32 PM
I just read an article on why Caleb Williams didn't choose to transfer to Ole Miss.

https://atozsports.com/nashville/tennessee-vols-news-football-ole-miss-rebels-football-lane-kiffin/

A couple of gems in the article:

Williams? father was actually a big fan of Kiffin during the transfer process.

?Lane Kiffin was fun. I liked Lane,? said Carl Williams to Sports Illustrated.

So why didn?t Ole Miss make the final cut for Caleb?

Well, because it?s Ole Miss. And Carl doesn?t view the Rebels as a marquee program.

?It was going to be tough for us to go to Mississippi,? said Carl. ?Other guys were trying to put on a show. ?You can change the trajectory of our program!? Dude, we don?t care about your trajectory, the school colors, and buildings. It?s who can get this kid ready for the NFL.?

and

"If Kiffin is loved by recruits and parents, but he?s missing out on elite players because he coaches for Ole Miss and not a more prestigious program, well that could be a major problem for the former Tennessee Vols head coach. I don?t think Kiffin is going to be alright with missing on elite players just because he wears a powder blue shirt."

Hahaha. That can't be good for their egos.

Commercecomet24
02-20-2022, 07:49 PM
The only place that Om is an elite program is in the mind of those idiots up north.

FoggyBottom
02-22-2022, 09:23 AM
Someone put in a lot of time to come up with the following breakdown of portal activity. It is pertinent because it evaluates the net gain or net loss of athletes leaving a school and transferring to a school. It tells me that a school can lose a ton of talent to graduation, NFL, outgoing portal transfers or whatever and never miss a beat by bringing in experienced players, sometimes better players, from the portal. The conference breakdown is at the very bottom.

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/Article/2022-college-football-Most-Transfer-Portal-team-departures-additions-best-ranking-183173952/

Catfish
02-22-2022, 09:28 AM
Good article.

Matt3467
02-22-2022, 09:54 AM
I just read an article on why Caleb Williams didn't choose to transfer to Ole Miss.

https://atozsports.com/nashville/tennessee-vols-news-football-ole-miss-rebels-football-lane-kiffin/

A couple of gems in the article:

Williams? father was actually a big fan of Kiffin during the transfer process.

?Lane Kiffin was fun. I liked Lane,? said Carl Williams to Sports Illustrated.

So why didn?t Ole Miss make the final cut for Caleb?

Well, because it?s Ole Miss. And Carl doesn?t view the Rebels as a marquee program.

?It was going to be tough for us to go to Mississippi,? said Carl. ?Other guys were trying to put on a show. ?You can change the trajectory of our program!? Dude, we don?t care about your trajectory, the school colors, and buildings. It?s who can get this kid ready for the NFL.?

and

"If Kiffin is loved by recruits and parents, but he?s missing out on elite players because he coaches for Ole Miss and not a more prestigious program, well that could be a major problem for the former Tennessee Vols head coach. I don?t think Kiffin is going to be alright with missing on elite players just because he wears a powder blue shirt."

Hahaha. That can't be good for their egos.

Even though I can't stand them that seems pretty bizarre when they're about to have a QB go in the first round possibly high first round.

HoopsDawg
02-22-2022, 10:29 AM
Even though I can't stand them that seems pretty bizarre when they're about to have a QB go in the first round possibly high first round.

yes, if all you care about is getting your son ready for the NFL then why do you care that Ole Miss isn't a marquee program. and Ole Miss would have destroyed USC most of the past 10 years. And the Pac 12 is a much, much weaker league.

StarkVegasSteve
02-22-2022, 01:48 PM
You can read between the lines on that one. Program, trajectory, NFL readiness?? None of it matters. They were looking for who could give them the biggest payday. USCw could guarantee that and that is where he went.

OLJWales
02-22-2022, 02:07 PM
Wasn't he also insinuating Kitten might bolt?

Tripp McNeely
02-22-2022, 03:00 PM
Wasn't he also insinuating Kitten might bolt?

Isn't that the fear on their end every year??

Todd4State
02-22-2022, 06:03 PM

Corral has some question marks. If he is essentially a one read QB as rumored he may have to sit for a little while before he gets his shot.

BeardoMSU
02-22-2022, 06:33 PM
Corral has some question marks. If he is essentially a one read QB as rumored he may have to sit for a little while before he gets his shot.

Yeah, very true. He's so elusive as a runner, tho, if his team shapes the offense around him and his legs (e.g., Lamar Jackson), he could have some success early on...though, as seen with Lamar, once teams figure you out a bit and injury becomes a problem, he'll have to beat teams with his reads and arm...doubt he'll do that.