PDA

View Full Version : It is crazy what winning a National Championship will do to a fan base

MoreCowbell
02-20-2022, 03:41 AM
Had we lost to Vandy last year could you imagine what this board would be like after a 0-2 start to LBS?

It is awesome how chill everyone is after starting 0-2. Pretty funny

AlSwearengen
02-20-2022, 08:01 AM
Noticed that as well. We’ll see how long it lasts.

DownwardDawg
02-20-2022, 08:09 AM
Good point. The two losses, while disappointing, haven't really bothered me at all. It's a marathon.

KOdawg1
02-20-2022, 08:17 AM
Yep. Everyone has handled it well for the most part.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-20-2022, 08:48 AM
Two concerns I have is there doesnt appear to be a leader on the field besides Sims and so far besides Sims the pitching talent appears to not be very good.
Also we are going to get everyones best effort against us this year. Long Beach set the tone with the guy trucking Hancock and we wilted.

R2Dawg
02-20-2022, 08:59 AM
Two concerns I have is there doesnt appear to be a leader on the field besides Sims and so far besides Sims the pitching talent appears to not be very good.
Also we are going to get everyones best effort against us this year. Long Beach set the tone with the guy trucking Hancock and we wilted.

On pitching, I'd say Preston was pretty good.

Parker and Tuller were not good enough to contribute outside of midweek games IMO and it basically showed.

We still haven't seen the rest of the pitching. Be interesting to see today's result.

Offshore Dawg
02-20-2022, 09:21 AM
Also, the coaching staff proved last year that they know what they are doing. Unlike some other coaching situation's.

maroonmania
02-20-2022, 10:12 AM
Had we lost to Vandy last year could you imagine what this board would be like after a 0-2 start to LBS?

It is awesome how chill everyone is after starting 0-2. Pretty funny

Its an amazing thing for sure. I have now seen and experienced MSU winning a national championship in my lifetime in one of the big 3 male sports (and the only one of those that we have ever had a true realistic chance of winning a NC in). I certainly want us to win in everything we do going forward and would love to win another NC but I am also now sort of at peace with whatever happens going forward.

Todd4State
02-20-2022, 12:58 PM
On pitching, I'd say Preston was pretty good.

Parker and Tuller were not good enough to contribute outside of midweek games IMO and it basically showed.

We still haven't seen the rest of the pitching. Be interesting to see today's result.

Simmons was good as well.

calidawg
02-20-2022, 03:29 PM
I really don't care if we suck this year. I expected a hangover year. I'll care if we suck next year, but I'm cool with whatever happens this year.

That being said. I dont think we'll suck, we'll be Allright. let's hope we can develop the new generation of leaders to give us another shot at a title in the next 4 years.

Lord McBuckethead
02-21-2022, 03:24 PM
Well in our defense, we have been MSU fans pretty much our entire lives. We knew this was going to happen in the first series coming off of the trophy. Didn't think 1 hit and 13-3 in the other, but this was 100% Mississippi State Style and should have been expected.

Saltydog
02-21-2022, 04:30 PM
I think the pitching talent is there but we obviously had some guys that had a rough weekend, mainly Hunt, Stinnett and Tullar (who I see as a lefty matchup guy). Sims, Smith, Simmons and Johnson all looked good as did Brooks Auger in his one inning of work.

Cowbell
02-21-2022, 09:03 PM

Dude you not see Cade Smith?

Commercecomet24
02-21-2022, 09:06 PM

I also think Cade set a tone yesterday by drilling the first hitter with his first pitch. I liked it!

Saltydog
02-21-2022, 09:59 PM
I think Stone could be our game 3 starter! Talk about a good rotation! Not sure who would anchor the backend of the pen other than Johnson! Hunt and Stinnett both shaky!

smootness
02-21-2022, 10:04 PM

Check when that was posted.

SilentSteel16
02-23-2022, 08:10 PM
I also think Cade set a tone yesterday by drilling the first hitter with his first pitch. I liked it!

You dang right it was a message pitch. I thought it was great. Good on him !!

OLJWales
02-23-2022, 09:20 PM

LMAO. Field of Dreams Esque. Watch out for In The Ear.