PDA

View Full Version : If you can't see what this baseball team is, then you are blind

somebodyshotmypaw
02-18-2022, 10:26 PM
After watching the game today, it's pretty clear what we are as a baseball team. I can't see us going to postseason play. There are just too many holes. The lineup just isn't good.

Yeager is a poor man's Scotty Dubrule. I don't think he can play at this level. Kam James is totally lost. I don't expect him to get drafted, so maybe he can have a big year for us next year. Hancock is a strikeout machine. I have no idea why he is hitting 3rd. Logan Tanner is batting cleanup but is a liability behind the plate. Hunter Hines is batting 5th. The fact that we are starting a guy that I have never even heard of shows how thin the roster is. Kellum Clark is batting 6th. He has some potential but I doubt he will reach it. Brad Cumbest bats 7th. He clearly needs to be playing tight end for Leach and quit trying to play baseball. Skinner in center reminds me a lot of Jake Mangum without the hitting, fielding, and leadership ability. Forsythe is at short. He doesn't have the glove or the arm for that position. I would play him at first base just for his bat, but Lemonis is too blind to see that.

Sims looked good on the mound most of the day, but his velocity is down. I think Foxhall has ruined him.

Lemonis looks clueless. It's clear that he was Cohen's 3rd choice at best. We need to think about moving on from him.

This team is a wreck. It's obvious. Get ready for a LONG year. If we lose another game or two, I might consider dumping Lemonis mid-year.

If I missed anything, y'all let me know.*

Commercecomet24
02-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Man you had me worried there for a minute lol! Awesome post!

I wish I could give you more rep!

MoreCowbell
02-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Just a bad game still have some key pieces from last year and a great Friday night guy. We will figure it out as soon as these new guys get settled

Cloak
02-18-2022, 11:43 PM
Lol it just got worse and worse.

TNDawg35
02-19-2022, 12:11 AM
Damn…. I started reading had to stop halfway and look at the bottom for ***…

I’m seriousness tho, no one had a good day today around the league. Ark looked almost as bad as us to a whole lot worse team than LBSU. They only had 4 hits and 2 were solo shots. Their all world 1B who was suppose to be the next Jake Mangum was 0-4 and looked like Skinner at the plate.

Vandy didn’t look bad.

Bama took a walk off homer to beat a bad Xavier.

LSU looked pretty good. Berry was 1-5 and Maine had 6 errors

Auburn looked decent against OU.

KY looked bad against Jacksonville State but won.

UGA barely squeaked out a win against Albany.

OM pitching is like what we thought. Diamond threw 5 innings and gave up 5 hits and 2 runs to Charleston Southern. But they are all high and mighty cause they won…

I think we need to give Davis a shot tom in CF cause Skinner looked horrible. I mean really bad at the plate… However, Cumbest didn’t look much better.

I thought Clark’s and Vonns balls they hit were both gone off the bat. I think Clark’s would have been any other day.

Hunter Hines made a really bad base running error. He knew it as soon as he rounded 1st he was dead to rights.

I think Yeager looked good at 2nd defensively and he looks the part. Kid is big. He will get it going.

I really wish Hancock had speed cause he would be a hell of a lead off hitter for us with his approach.

Our guys better get ready cause LBSU is coming for blood tom. They were fired up and chirping the whole game. They have a pretty good pitcher going tom and if we don’t shake today off, we will be 0-2 going into Sunday…

Quaoarsking
02-19-2022, 12:15 AM
Forget canning Lemonis. We should disband our baseball program entirely to save the embarrassment, and in fact we should bulldoze the stadium and start storing nuclear waste on the site to ensure that no one is tempted to try to have fun there again, leading to more humiliation.

Todd4State
02-19-2022, 12:25 AM
Damn…. I started reading had to stop halfway and look at the bottom for ***…

I’m seriousness tho, no one had a good day today around the league. Ark looked almost as bad as us to a whole lot worse team than LBSU. They only had 4 hits and 2 were solo shots. Their all world 1B who was suppose to be the next Jake Mangum was 0-4 and looked like Skinner at the plate.

Vandy didn’t look bad.

Bama took a walk off homer to beat a bad Xavier.

LSU looked pretty good. Berry was 1-5 and Maine had 6 errors

Auburn looked decent against OU.

KY looked bad against Jacksonville State but won.

UGA barely squeaked out a win against Albany.

OM pitching is like what we thought. Diamond threw 5 innings and gave up 5 hits and 2 runs to Charleston Southern. But they are all high and mighty cause they won…

I think we need to give Davis a shot tom in CF cause Skinner looked horrible. I mean really bad at the plate… However, Cumbest didn’t look much better.

I thought Clark’s and Vonns balls they hit were both gone off the bat. I think Clark’s would have been any other day.

Hunter Hines made a really bad base running error. He knew it as soon as he rounded 1st he was dead to rights.

I think Yeager looked good at 2nd defensively and he looks the part. Kid is big. He will get it going.

I really wish Hancock had speed cause he would be a hell of a lead off hitter for us with his approach.

Our guys better get ready cause LBSU is coming for blood tom. They were fired up and chirping the whole game. They have a pretty good pitcher going tom and if we don’t shake today off, we will be 0-2 going into Sunday…

I think I would like to see Hancock lead off. I also want to see Alford last and see Kam in CF. I don't know if those are solutions but they're worth exploring for sure.

TNDawg35
02-19-2022, 02:20 AM
I think I would like to see Hancock lead off. I also want to see Alford last and see Kam in CF. I don't know if those are solutions but they're worth exploring for sure.

I would agree with Hancock, but he is just so slow… I think we need someone there who can steal bases like Yeager or even Jess Davis. The way Hancock puts the ball in play, get a lead off guy who can get on base and steal a bag quickly. Then you have Hancock in the 2 hole who is more times than not put the ball in play and move him over or get him in. Davis can’t be as bad as Skinner looked today at the plate. I mean hell if your not gonna hit, make Skinner bunt.

I don’t know if we have anyone coming up next year, but Lemonis needs to make that a top priority. Go get someone with speed and who can hit lead off.

confucius say
02-19-2022, 08:40 AM
And we didn't bunt enough

DeltaSwamp
02-19-2022, 09:50 AM
After watching the game today, it's pretty clear what we are as a baseball team. I can't see us going to postseason play. There are just too many holes. The lineup just isn't good.

Yeager is a poor man's Scotty Dubrule. I don't think he can play at this level. Kam James is totally lost. I don't expect him to get drafted, so maybe he can have a big year for us next year. Hancock is a strikeout machine. I have no idea why he is hitting 3rd. Logan Tanner is batting cleanup but is a liability behind the plate. Hunter Hines is batting 5th. The fact that we are starting a guy that I have never even heard of shows how thin the roster is. Kellum Clark is batting 6th. He has some potential but I doubt he will reach it. Brad Cumbest bats 7th. He clearly needs to be playing tight end for Leach and quit trying to play baseball. Skinner in center reminds me a lot of Jake Mangum without the hitting, fielding, and leadership ability. Forsythe is at short. He doesn't have the glove or the arm for that position. I would play him at first base just for his bat, but Lemonis is too blind to see that.

Sims looked good on the mound most of the day, but his velocity is down. I think Foxhall has ruined him.

Lemonis looks clueless. It's clear that he was Cohen's 3rd choice at best. We need to think about moving on from him.

This team is a wreck. It's obvious. Get ready for a LONG year. If we lose another game or two, I might consider dumping Lemonis mid-year.

Serious question, as I have not been here long but how long have you followed college baseball? Seem to me like the type that became a fan after the natty and dont really understand how college baseball works but its not like football

Bass Chaser
02-19-2022, 10:14 AM
Serious question, as I have not been here long but how long have you followed college baseball? Seem to me like the type that became a fan after the natty and dont really understand how college baseball works but its not like football

* = Sarcasm

somebodyshotmypaw
02-19-2022, 10:14 AM

I've followed both sports forever. We will never have the success in baseball that we have in football. Baseball never seems to win anything. And there is no fan support for baseball at MSU, which makes a huge difference.

And I still say that Cumbest needs to go play football. With Leach running so many two tight end sets, we really miss Cumbest on the gridiron.

Catfish
02-19-2022, 11:05 AM
I've followed both sports forever. We will never have the success in baseball that we have in football. Baseball never seems to win anything. And there is no fan support for baseball at MSU, which makes a huge difference.

And I still say that Cumbest needs to go play football. With Leach running so many two tight end sets, we really miss Cumbest on the gridiron.

Rep!

yjnkdawg
02-19-2022, 11:46 AM

LOL - He was just doing that for the benefit for those who want to jump off the cliff after one opening game baseball loss or the fire the coach bunch.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-19-2022, 11:50 AM
LOL - He was just doing that for the benefit for those who want to jump off the cliff after one opening game baseball loss or the fire the coach bunch.

Yep. Trying to get it all out of our system at one time.

yjnkdawg
02-19-2022, 11:51 AM
Man you had me worried there for a minute lol! Awesome post!

I wish I could give you more rep!

Same her CC.....I gave one rep on his first post but couldn't give another rep on his other post. :(

Commercecomet24
02-19-2022, 12:54 PM

You've won the internet today with both these posts!

DeltaSwamp
02-19-2022, 01:16 PM
* = Sarcasm

Ah so im the idiot

thanks for letting me know

RougeDawg
02-19-2022, 01:32 PM
Thought the sarcasm notification was two **? Did I miss a rule change?

Might walk down and catch a little Tulane this afternoon. They usually open the gates in the 7th.

yjnkdawg
02-19-2022, 02:57 PM
Thought the sarcasm notification was two **? Did I miss a rule change?

Might walk down and catch a little Tulane this afternoon. They usually open the gates in the 7th.

I usually use three *** or more when I do that. I wasn't aware that two ** were necessary, though. I thought you just needed an indicator.

Dawg2003
02-19-2022, 07:26 PM
Hopefully, the pitching woes are opening season jitters for the new guys. All of the seasoned guys (Sims, Johnson, Stone) did really well. Stinnett did the same thing he did last year so nothing new there.

maroonmania
02-20-2022, 10:16 AM
Hopefully, the pitching woes are opening season jitters for the new guys. All of the seasoned guys (Sims, Johnson, Stone) did really well. Stinnett did the same thing he did last year so nothing new there.

Yep, still really perplexed that when the game was hanging in the balance yesterday that Lemonis didn't immediately go to Preston Johnson. He is the most proven middle relief guy we have and then instead of using him when he could have kept us in the game he needlessly burned him afterwards when the game was totally out of hand.

Homedawg
02-20-2022, 10:33 AM
Yep, still really perplexed that when the game was hanging in the balance yesterday that Lemonis didn't immediately go to Preston Johnson. He is the most proven middle relief guy we have and then instead of using him when he could have kept us in the game he needlessly burned him afterwards when the game was totally out of hand.

Looking back, obviously, we should have gone to Johnson first. But I'm ok w bringing him in down 5 because, at that point we were getting people on base and it looked like a shootout. Instead there guy held us in check. Had we known that would happen I'm sure we would have made a different move. But we thought we could still win the game. It was just the 5th. New day today. Need a win to wash the bad taste out.

Leroy Jenkins
02-20-2022, 12:22 PM

Best part.

BiscuitEater
02-20-2022, 12:35 PM
How in the name of all things holy ... did we manage to win the NC last year?***

Lot of y'all suck!