BeardoMSU
02-18-2022, 08:20 PM
Neither of us will make the post season***

Commercecomet24
02-18-2022, 08:42 PM
Yep time to fire everyone*****

basedog
02-18-2022, 08:52 PM
Actually I'm not surprised. Lots of celebration since Omaha, not saying it's the reason we lost but everyone will have their "Game Face" playing us this spring.
Sims was good but Dirtbag pitcher(s) were great.
Sun will rise and we get another chance to get in the winning column.

dawgday166
02-18-2022, 08:56 PM
Where's State7 to defend against firing Lemonis? ***

RougeDawg
02-18-2022, 09:45 PM
A lot of college teams have solid #1 starters and a couple of pro caliber relievers. Game 1 does not always tell much and baseball is a fluky game.

I get the point but I don?t put much stock in opening games. Gitters come into play too.

Maroonthirteen
02-18-2022, 09:56 PM
Any of their former players take to chirping on Twitter about it?***

99jc
02-19-2022, 08:09 AM
I might get blasted but all joking aside we won't be that great this year. I just don't see the clutch hitting. losing Roddy and Tanner the heart and soul of this team is bigger than most realize. I felt this way before the season started. Good team yes championship team nah. Hope i eat crow and will gladly do so.

Captain Falcon
02-19-2022, 11:55 AM
I might get blasted but all joking aside we won't be that great this year. I just don't see the clutch hitting. losing Roddy and Tanner the heart and soul of this team is bigger than most realize. I felt this way before the season started. Good team yes championship team nah. Hope i eat crow and will gladly do so.

I mean it?s hardly a hot take to say we won?t do something we?ve only done once ever.

We are for sure built different offensively than last year. I think we will strike out more but probably hit more home runs. You may see us score 30 in a midweek game and then really struggle on certain weekends depending on the matchup. Cold weather is definitely not good for the way our lineup is built.

We are still one of the most talented teams in the country and can go a long long way again if we put it all together. I do think you?ll see some ups and downs with this group though. Heck, you saw it with last year?s team too. I guarantee you that nobody was predicting us to win it all when Mizzou came into our stadium and spanked us.

RougeDawg
02-19-2022, 01:34 PM
The hitting will come. The real thing is will the pitching staff round out to be strong enough to win it all. Need to have 2 great starters and a true lock down guy to neutralize other top offenses. Have to be able to win low scoring games and that requires great pitching.

OLJWales
02-19-2022, 07:59 PM

I'm unhappy now like all but I also remember getting swept at home by PIGS and that POS Tournament.

MedDawg
02-20-2022, 01:12 PM

Wasn't Rowdy hitting close to .220 a month into last season? And the season before that?

Hambone
02-20-2022, 04:03 PM
Liberty took 2 of 3 from Florida……

Early season means almost nothing. Go ahead and get the kinks worked out

Jack Lambert
02-20-2022, 05:26 PM
I believe Vandy lost two of three to OK State.

Activated Alpha
02-20-2022, 05:42 PM
I believe Vandy lost two of three to OK State.

Top 10 matchup so if I were Vandy fans I wouldn't be upset unless they lost in two blowouts. Now I know LBS was ranked in the top 25, but I don't think they'll stay there whole season. They might be top seed or 2 seed in a regional. We just played as poor as you can to open the first two games. Really wish we could have snagged the first game with Sims, but I will take today's W and move on. Who's our next big test? TT in biloxi?