PDA

View Full Version : Would Vic 2.0=Polk 2.0 or apples to oranges?

donald igwebuike
02-17-2022, 07:14 AM
Q2: Would a hard-nosed corch like Vic work in today's portal-hungry student athlete?

smootness
02-17-2022, 08:50 AM
Apples to oranges. The problem with Polk 2.0 wasn't his style, it was that he didn't care anymore.

OLJWales
02-17-2022, 08:52 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/rwBDhFQg/chrome-screenshot-1645105747037.png

ScoobaDawg
02-17-2022, 10:42 AM
Helped ya out to make it bigger.... I can explain how but it's kinda complicated for old farts like ya bud.

Johnson85
02-17-2022, 01:08 PM
Q2: Would a hard-nosed corch like Vic work in today's portal-hungry student athlete?

Where are these questions coming from? Is Vic butting heads with the Texas administration or something?

Dawgfan77
02-17-2022, 01:11 PM
What is some of our fan fascination with rehires.

R2Dawg
02-17-2022, 01:45 PM
What is some of our fan fascination with rehires.

They won before, why not do it again.

Same with Saban in NFL, Spurrier, Pitino in NBA, etc. It don't always translate to same results. Lots of factors.

I think todays college athlete is such a mental challenge compared to years ago that coaching is very difficult. It seems like almost luck for many.

Our culture now is weak mentally and must be coddled. Mixing in softness and the toughness it takes with talent that it takes to win in a competitive sport is a real juggling act. Extremes will not get it done now. When the softness don't like how it is, they leave or quit on team while still playing. We all see it all the time. Seen it on the WBB team and how real that is.

Martianlander
02-17-2022, 01:54 PM
Vic is not coming back

R2Dawg
02-17-2022, 02:08 PM
Vic is not coming back

I agree.

When someone asked the question, I was thinking the Richard Williams idea that has been floated out several times, not Vic.

Coach34
02-17-2022, 03:22 PM
Vic is not coming back

I know. It's weird how a group of our fans keep bringing up the "re-hires"

Vic is currently 14th in the country at Texas. He more than likely finishes his career there. He burned his bridge in StarkVegas. We're not re-hiring Stands after firing him 10 years ago. Nothing he has done since leaving says we should re-hire him as well. He's about to be the 1st coach at W. Kentucky in modern history not to take them to the NCAA's. Stands hasnt taken a team to the NCAA Tourney since 2009 when that group got on a lucky SEC Tourney run and won the SEC Tourney in a down season. Today's SEC is much tougher than the SEC of the 2000's.

Should be an interesting March/April for Cohen, Keenum, and the money boys.

Hot Rock
02-17-2022, 03:48 PM
Wow! C34 is making sense.

Todd4State
02-18-2022, 03:12 AM
Apples to oranges. The problem with Polk 2.0 wasn't his style, it was that he didn't care anymore.

Polk cared. But he cared about other things too and that was a huge distraction. Recruiting was changing at that time and Polk refused to change with it. We weren't involved very much with perfect game showcases at that time and weren't offering players until after their junior year. We also misevaluted guys like Louis Coleman and Brian Dozier among others and that was happening too often with his staff.

BrunswickDawg
02-18-2022, 07:45 AM
Polk cared. But he cared about other things too and that was a huge distraction. Recruiting was changing at that time and Polk refused to change with it. We weren't involved very much with perfect game showcases at that time and weren't offering players until after their junior year. We also misevaluted guys like Louis Coleman and Brian Dozier among others and that was happening too often with his staff.

In my opinion, Polk was never the same for us after he retired in the Spring of '92 to take over USA Baseball and then changed his mind.

OLJWales
02-18-2022, 08:18 AM
Helped ya out to make it bigger.... I can explain how but it's kinda complicated for old farts like ya bud.

Thanks Scooba and I apologize man. Not sure yet WTF I'm doing wrong with my phone. Will keep trying to figger dis out.

Cooterpoot
02-18-2022, 09:11 AM
I can nip this in the bud lickity split. Vic will never be back at State. Move along.