PDA

View Full Version : Has Howland gotten a technical in all of his years at State?

Alphadog
02-16-2022, 09:08 PM
Can anyone remember one?

RougeDawg
02-16-2022, 09:10 PM
Someone needs to hit him and the team with a defibrillator.

Commercecomet24
02-16-2022, 09:14 PM
Poor ben is old and tired. He got us respectable again but his time has passed. Time to move on.

R2Dawg
02-16-2022, 09:18 PM
Poor ben is old and tired. He got us respectable again but his time has passed. Time to move on.

Yes gotta give him credit for some deliverance from post RR but time for something else.

I've never even seen a threat of a T.

Commercecomet24
02-16-2022, 09:42 PM
Yes gotta give him credit for some deliverance from post RR but time for something else.

I've never even seen a threat of a T.

Yep. I appreciate what he's done but it's in his and ours best interest for him to ride off into the sunset

99jc
02-17-2022, 09:25 AM
The only technical is from us and it is time to send him to the showers. I was done with him 2 years ago.

trob115
02-17-2022, 09:26 AM
I told everyone after last season that Ben would be retiring this year, regardless of what happened on the court. Cohen has had over a year to have a great hire lined up.

OLJWales
02-17-2022, 09:27 AM
Winning requires tenacious testosterone fueled fighting that our HC no longer has the ability to teach his players.

KOdawg1
02-17-2022, 11:13 AM
Hard to get a tech when the worst he's ever done is said "c'mon maaaan, that's a fow-wul" in his west coast accent.

R2Dawg
02-17-2022, 12:25 PM
That is one thing I always admired about one of our former basketball coaches. He didn't take no crap. He didn't accept that we are poor ole MSU and gonna take that from SEC or officials or anyone.

I still remember that home game I think it was against OleMiss. He got thrown out and man was he fired up in the huddle and with fans. Dang I was ready to suit up and run thru a brick wall. Best I've seen. Anyone else remember? Look it up on youtube. Awesome! Yeah we came back and kicked tail too to finish it off.

BiscuitEater
02-17-2022, 01:15 PM
That is one thing I always admired about one of our former basketball coaches. He didn't take no crap. He didn't accept that we are poor ole MSU and gonna take that from SEC or officials or anyone.

I still remember that home game I think it was against OleMiss. He got thrown out and man was he fired up in the huddle and with fans. Dang I was ready to suit up and run thru a brick wall. Best I've seen. Anyone else remember? Look it up on youtube. Awesome! Yeah we came back and kicked tail too to finish it off.

Was it the time he got tossed for the 'choking' sign? Classic!

R2Dawg
02-17-2022, 01:33 PM

I think it was. Coach in the huddle before he left the floor was intense and as he left the floor to the students and fans. It was maybe the best coaching display after a T ever. I was ready to rumble watching it. The Hump was ALIVE back then and had a Dude type effect. It was special.

R2Dawg
02-17-2022, 09:17 PM

That was 2004 I just found a copy of that game in my library. Go back and watch that game if any of you have it to see how good that team was and how incredible the Hump was back then. It was as good as any college home court there was at that time.

Coach got tossed only about 6 min in. The Hump was insane that day.

yjnkdawg
02-18-2022, 01:27 PM
I can't ever remember CBH coming even close to getting a technical foul in any game at MSU. Not even a warning. What I have never understood either is why do we normally not have any timeouts in the last few minutes of a game. I guess he would say that they were called at strategic times during the course of the game. Who knows?

maroonmania
02-20-2022, 10:34 AM
I told everyone after last season that Ben would be retiring this year, regardless of what happened on the court. Cohen has had over a year to have a great hire lined up.

I think he decided to retire a little earlier than that but still stay on the job. :(