PDA

View Full Version : Now that it's out - rotation

Homedawg
02-16-2022, 01:50 PM
Sims, hunt, smith opening weekend. Hunt has been really good. Lots of guys gonna to pitch. Better make the most of it boys.

The Federalist Engineer
02-16-2022, 01:54 PM
Shows what we know, Hunt was our projected closer - now a starter

Good for him!

Commercecomet24
02-16-2022, 02:12 PM
Good stuff. We've got some serious arm talent on this staff.

MaroonFlounder
02-16-2022, 02:36 PM
Good stuff. We've got some serious arm talent on this staff.

So you're saying that Foxhall has even more..."unicorns"

Commercecomet24
02-16-2022, 02:38 PM
So you're saying that Foxhall has even more..."unicorns"

Indeed.

KOdawg1
02-16-2022, 02:58 PM
Probably means Stinnett will be the closer.

Wonder who gets the first midweek nod? I'd guess Fristoe, but there are several options there as well.

AlSwearengen
02-16-2022, 05:22 PM
If Stinnett is the closer, I hope he finds more consistency. Last year, his stuff was up and down from appearance to appearance. When he has his stuff though, it is electric.

Todd4State
02-16-2022, 05:40 PM

Wonder who gets the first midweek nod? I'd guess Fristoe, but there are several options there as well.

Could be Tepper or Preston Johnson among others.
Stone Simmons has closed some as well.

HoopsDawg
02-16-2022, 06:31 PM

There's no need to get too caught up in midweek. We usuallly throw a lot of arms.

Coach34
02-16-2022, 08:37 PM
So much arm talent. Crazy

Always amazed me why Polk never could balance his teams out with a couple more arms. He recruited position players so well.

confucius say
02-17-2022, 11:19 AM
I'm guessing lemonis will announce it today?

Johnson85
02-17-2022, 01:14 PM
So much arm talent. Crazy

Always amazed me why Polk never could balance his teams out with a couple more arms. He recruited position players so well.

Lots of arm talent. Is it almost all right handed? Is there any left hander projected to pitch a lot besides walling?

Coach34
02-17-2022, 01:27 PM
Lots of arm talent. Is it almost all right handed? Is there any left hander projected to pitch a lot besides walling?

Tullar has some experience and should help. Hearing Kohn could help some. But that is a problem for us- most of our LHP's are inexperienced.

confucius say
02-17-2022, 05:28 PM
Have we settled on a closer? Who will get first shot in that role?

AlSwearengen
02-17-2022, 08:00 PM
Interview with Foxhall an hour ago shed a little bit of light on things.

He said the difference in Hunt from last year is that he has improved his command with his off speed pitches and that has really propelled him. I might be mistaken here but I want to say Foxhall said Hunt throws a slider, curve, and change. I was picking up food at the time so I was slightly distracted and might be a little off with that.

Smith has a good change and slider and that his fastball has some of that analytics mojo that we like so much.

When asked about someone making a jump from last year, he said Stinnett has really improved with his consistency. He mentioned his stuff which we all know about.

When asked about a closer, he was very noncommittal. From the sounds of it, it may be closer by committee. They might be waiting for the season to play out some and see if someone emerges.

One thing with this coaching staff and they mention it all the time, we will throw a lot of arms and roles will be decided as we find out whose balls have dropped and who can perform under pressure.