PDA

View Full Version : Plantation didn't make the cut?

starkvegasdawg
02-16-2022, 01:54 AM
Per this article Arch Manning is down to two schools and a certain school east of Batesville isn't one of them.

https://rolltidewire.usatoday.com/2022/02/15/alabama-crimson-tide-football-recruiting-2023-five-star-qb-arch-manning-alabama-texas-commitment/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickKaila&fbclid=IwAR3cZluZ2QL9trIAF3YeL31fuRZiP10HZ16MixJ7S BfTF4qrRXNQJ1BSFhg

viverlibre
02-16-2022, 08:16 AM
Being the king of Austin and Texas would be very appealing and profitable. If strictly looking at trying to compile nattys and heismans, Bama would be hard to beat.

FISHDAWG
02-16-2022, 08:22 AM
not sure how reliable "Tide-Wire" is but if true the ensuing melt will be delicious .... Bama I can understand but I just don't get the Texas connection

OLJWales
02-16-2022, 08:32 AM
After we win Natty, Arch to STATE.

Extendedcab
02-16-2022, 09:55 AM
After we win Natty, Arch to STATE.

I like your enthusiasm!

Maroonthirteen
02-16-2022, 10:03 AM
The only Manning to not play football at Ole Miss, happen to come out when Ole Miss had fired their coach, a NCAA investigation was taking place and they had a DC for an interim head coach.

If Ole Miss has their ducks in a row, he will be a Rebel.

Liverpooldawg
02-16-2022, 10:51 AM
Archie's two QB sons both played for David Cutcliff. He will go to where they think the current David Cutcliff is.

Jack Lambert
02-16-2022, 11:26 AM
If it comes down to NIL and money, Texas will probably win.

OLJWales
02-16-2022, 11:41 AM
If it comes down to NIL and money, Texas will probably win.

Don't think NIL will be a factor. Diddy's gonna go with the program and coaches that kiss his ASS the hardest & has the best supporting athletes surrounding Arch. OM will have an advantage overall if Kitten convinces Mannings he's got a plan that will put him in a damn good situation. Kitten will hafta show Mannings a well run offense this year or Arch goes elsewhere.

Commercecomet24
02-16-2022, 11:49 AM
The mannings are more into the manning brand now than the om brand. arch will go wherever the manning brand will get the most exposure.

TrapGame
02-16-2022, 11:57 AM
The mannings are more into the manning brand now than the om brand. arch will go wherever the manning brand will get the most exposure.

This.

The Mannings are bigger than ole miss. Peyton having the stones to go to Tennessee moved the family into another direction entirely. Archie gave them Eli. Eli didn't want to go. I'd bet hard cash that Eli is pushing Arch to make his own decision.

ScoobaDawg
02-16-2022, 12:18 PM
Archie's two QB sons both played for David Cutcliff. He will go to where they think the current David Cutcliff is.

Or that might be the kicker. Texas might hire Cutcliffe as an consultant.

OLJWales
02-16-2022, 12:32 PM
This.

The Mannings are bigger than ole miss. Peyton having the stones to go to Tennessee moved the family into another direction entirely. Archie gave them Eli. Eli didn't want to go. I'd bet hard cash that Eli is pushing Arch to make his own decision.

I question some of this. Are you sure Eli wanted elsewhere? Archie still loves OM but not as much as family. Peyton woulda followed suit had OM's dumpster fire not been relit at the time. The Goal for Manning is OM as long as Kitten's O is good this year. A Flipmas OM Hat on Live National TV interrupting late breaking terror attack coverage wouldn't shock me.

TrapGame
02-16-2022, 12:37 PM
I question some of this. Are you sure Eli wanted elsewhere? Archie still loves OM but not as much as family. Peyton woulda followed suit had OM's dumpster fire not been relit at the time. The Goal for Manning is OM as long as Kitten's O is good this year.

The rumor was Eli wanted to go to Texas. Archie told him after Peyton he had to go to ole miss. Peyton had ZERO interest in ole miss. He was never going to ole miss. Watch Book of Manning. You can tell the shit Archie caught after Peyton went to the Vols really upset him. He had life long friends cuss him like a dog.

OLJWales
02-16-2022, 12:59 PM
The rumor was Eli wanted to go to Texas. Archie told him after Peyton he had to go to ole miss. Peyton had ZERO interest in ole miss. He was never going to ole miss. Watch Book of Manning. You can tell the shit Archie caught after Peyton went to the Vols really upset him. He had life long friends cuss him like a dog.

Good points but had it been as bad as you claim Eli never goes OM. I remember living in Memphis during Peyton and the OM Butt Hurt couldna been more Scorched. I couldna loved it more unless it woulda been outside the SEC or at least outside UT Territory.

Jack Lambert
02-16-2022, 01:59 PM
Don't think NIL will be a factor. Diddy's gonna go with the program and coaches that kiss his ASS the hardest & has the best supporting athletes surrounding Arch. OM will have an advantage overall if Kitten convinces Mannings he's got a plan that will put him in a damn good situation. Kitten will hafta show Mannings a well run offense this year or Arch goes elsewhere.

I did say "if"

Dawgtini
02-16-2022, 02:12 PM
Heard Bo or someone on the radio saying that there are rumors of Cutcliff to Texas as QB Corch or Offensive Assistant of some sort. The poster above may be right....they all were coached by Cut so...

Mjoelner34
02-16-2022, 03:04 PM
The Manning's have Super Bowl championships and the NFL Hall of Fame. What they do not have are a Heisman winner or an NCAA National Championship. Neither of those are likely at Ole Miss. My money is and has been before they were ever mentioned on Alabama.

DownwardDawg
02-16-2022, 03:24 PM
Or that might be the kicker. Texas might hire Cutcliffe as an consultant.

That's what is happening.

Saltydog
02-16-2022, 03:31 PM
Per this article Arch Manning is down to two schools and a certain school east of Batesville isn't one of them.

https://rolltidewire.usatoday.com/2022/02/15/alabama-crimson-tide-football-recruiting-2023-five-star-qb-arch-manning-alabama-texas-commitment/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickKaila&fbclid=IwAR3cZluZ2QL9trIAF3YeL31fuRZiP10HZ16MixJ7S BfTF4qrRXNQJ1BSFhg

Who knows.......This just came out a few hours ago.........There's still a long way to go.......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/arch-manning-s-list-of-potential-schools-grows-by-2/ar-AATWDc6?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531

ScoobaDawg
02-16-2022, 03:57 PM
Who knows.......This just came out a few hours ago.........There's still a long way to go.......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/arch-manning-s-list-of-potential-schools-grows-by-2/ar-AATWDc6?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531

LOL if he goes to LSU.... someone's house is going to get burned,.

Maroonthirteen
02-16-2022, 04:50 PM
I question some of this. Are you sure Eli wanted elsewhere? Archie still loves OM but not as much as family. Peyton woulda followed suit had OM's dumpster fire not been relit at the time. The Goal for Manning is OM as long as Kitten's O. A Flipmas OM Hat on Live National TV interrupting late breaking terror attack coverage wouldn't shock me.

I listened to Mike D today on OOB, from yesterday. Mike says Peyton would have went to OM if Cooper remained healthy and stayed. Also Mike D mentioned the ncaa investigation as an issue with Peyton.

Mike also said he laughs when people mention Arch to LSU.

It wouldn't surprise me if OM and the Manning's set this all up for a signing day flip to make a big splash. However they will get a ton of press even if he commits early. However make no mistake. They will create as much drama as possible to drive up media coverage.

TrapGame
02-16-2022, 05:29 PM
The Manning's have Super Bowl championships and the NFL Hall of Fame. What they do not have are a Heisman winner or an NCAA National Championship. Neither of those are likely at Ole Miss. My money is and has been before they were ever mentioned on Alabama.

Arch winds up at UGA or Texas. Any QB that goes to OM outta high school gets shit on...I'm looking at you Altmeyer and JRP.

DownwardDawg
02-16-2022, 05:40 PM

NM. Wrong article I was referring to.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-16-2022, 08:37 PM
Arch dont need heppin and he wont have a chance at a Natty at Ole Miss.

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 08:45 PM
The Mannings are in the process of building their brand, which is bigger than any college fan base. They would love to capture a Natty and Heisman and do so while securing another fanbase. Going OM does nothing to accomplish any of this. UGA is bad QB coaching/scheme. If pushed, I?d bet on Bama.

Commercecomet24
02-16-2022, 08:48 PM
The Mannings are in the process of building their brand, which is bigger than any college fan base. They would love to capture a Natty and Heisman and do so while securing another fanbase. Going OM does nothing to accomplish any of this. UGA is bad QB coaching/scheme. If pushed, I?d bet on Bama.

Yep.

yjnkdawg
02-18-2022, 01:20 PM
According to that article OM didn't make the cut, and in reality OM still hasn't made the cut. The only reason he would go to OM would be to keep the OM fan base from going crazy and that doesn't have any bearing on the best spot for him to go to get the best coaching, best supporting players and the potential to win a national championship. At one time it was UGA, but I would say Bama now.

Apoplectic
02-18-2022, 03:04 PM

I?m here too. I can see either uga or bama. Texas is a dumpster fire. OM is OM and will never be anything more and certainly not a Bama or uga level team.

Todd4State
02-18-2022, 06:37 PM
The only Manning to not play football at Ole Miss, happen to come out when Ole Miss had fired their coach, a NCAA investigation was taking place and they had a DC for an interim head coach.

I don't think they have their ducks in a row. Kiffin is likely to leave during the next three years if not sooner and they have no idea who the coach is going to be.

I would agree with you if Kiffin took another job in the offseason. Instead it seems like everyone in that program left except for him.

yjnkdawg
02-18-2022, 07:03 PM

If OM has any ducks or even has them organized and in a row, that will have no bearing on which school Arch will choose. OM needs Arch but Arch doesn't need OM.

yjnkdawg
02-18-2022, 07:27 PM
DELETE