PDA

View Full Version : Women at Kentucky

RocketDawg
02-15-2022, 06:41 PM
16-0 run to take a 42-33 lead (42-35; UK just scored). Near the half.

RocketDawg
02-15-2022, 06:47 PM
47-41 MSU at the half.

dawgday166
02-15-2022, 07:00 PM
These gals can play. Down by 10 a couple of times and stormed back to lead at the half. Playing with a bunch of guards who never get a rest. They gutsy as hell.

EdwardDrayton
02-15-2022, 07:38 PM
So much to like about this team. Incredible energy, very disciplined on the floor and consistently execute just to name a few.

RocketDawg
02-15-2022, 07:43 PM
15 point lead cut to 4 at the moment. We can't hit a thing for the past few minutes.

RocketDawg
02-15-2022, 07:44 PM
Down to a 2 point lead with just over 2 minutes remaining. Kentucky back to the free throw line to tie.

RocketDawg
02-15-2022, 07:45 PM
Now we're down by 1 with 2 minutes (but we just went ahead by 1 on the return).

ZedFedder
02-15-2022, 07:45 PM
We really struggled against their press. Also, we settled for threes.

basedog
02-15-2022, 07:47 PM
Tried legs causing turnovers.

EdwardDrayton
02-15-2022, 07:53 PM
Tough loss. The legs just gave out in the end. What this team could do with a full set of players.

NCMSTFAN
02-15-2022, 07:55 PM
Thats a tough loss.... we were up 12 late in the game... we really need some size and depth, it's hard on any team to play those minutes and stay fresh. Thats loss hurt

dawgday166
02-15-2022, 08:43 PM
Tried legs causing turnovers.

Tough loss. The legs just gave out in the end. What this team could do with a full set of players.

Thats a tough loss.... we were up 12 late in the game... we really need some size and depth, it's hard on any team to play those minutes and stay fresh. Thats loss hurt

Agree ... tired legs lead to TOs and missed jumpers. Also hurt that Hayes had 4 fouls in 4th qtr, had to sit a while, then had to play careful when she came back in. Tough to play with only 7 players.

RocketDawg
02-15-2022, 08:47 PM

They just played Sunday so it's no wonder they're tired. I think they have 4 games in a week - 2 more to go. They're playing well, just need a little more depth so they can take a breather. They played hard and well though.

NCMSTFAN
02-16-2022, 07:11 AM
They just played Sunday so it's no wonder they're tired. I think they have 4 games in a week - 2 more to go. They're playing well, just need a little more depth so they can take a breather. They played hard and well though.

I agree, no one ever said what happened with Raven Farley but if she can come back that gives us 8 players and more rest for the girls. I think we are good enough to win a couple more games and make the tourney, but how far can we actually go with only 7 available players? I get that most rotations get to only 7 or 8 late in the season but you still want depth for rest and foul trouble issues and we don't have that with 7 players.

Cooterpoot
02-16-2022, 07:44 AM

Kentucky played Sunday too. KY isn't a good team. That was a bad loss. You guys can start getting ready for a new coach, so prepare.

basedog
02-16-2022, 07:52 AM
Kentucky played Sunday too. KY isn't a good team. That was a bad loss. You guys can start getting ready for a new coach, so prepare.

Kentucky killed us inside, plus 24 FT's to our 8 or 9 was a huge difference. Not sure why you are so down on Novak and the job he has done. Not sure anyone could have done a better job. It isn't his fault with our record, fact is I am amazed at how well he has handled things since he was hired in Sept.

If Cohen gets a better coach, so be it, I would do everything to try and keep Novak on the staff. Dude runs a great offense with basically 4 guards.

NCMSTFAN
02-16-2022, 07:19 PM

Whats your thoughts on Novak? I've seen you mention that a few times. Do you think he deserves the job from what you've seen? I personally think he does if he is interested