I agree. Wow!

Pancho
02-14-2022, 08:11 PM
6 or 7 wins?

Dawgology
02-14-2022, 08:57 PM

Matt3467
02-14-2022, 09:39 PM
Hopefully when OK and TX jumps in the divisions get a shakeup. I'm pretty sure we're consistently up there every year with one of the toughest schedules. If we were in the East we may have already been to a few SEC championships.

Todd4State
02-15-2022, 03:21 AM
Hopefully when OK and TX jumps in the divisions get a shakeup. I'm pretty sure we're consistently up there every year with one of the toughest schedules. If we were in the East we may have already been to a few SEC championships.

I'm hopeful that they do away with divisions altogether and just have one 16 team SEC. Top two teams play in the SEC Championship Game. Give everyone three permanent rivals and then rotate the rest over a four year period.

Todd4State
02-15-2022, 03:26 AM
6 or 7 wins?

I still think we win 8. We should be better and should win all of our OOC games. That would be four right there. If we have our typical 4-4 SEC season that would give us 8 wins. I feel like we should at least be in every game win or lose except for Alabama. I think we will be the most improved team from 2021 to 2022. We return a ton of production and have hopefully found a kicker. The only hole that I see is we need another safety. If I were in Leach's shoes I would look to add another EDGE rusher and offensive lineman and maybe a punter too.

PGHBulldogBG
02-15-2022, 07:24 AM
I wish we had this upcoming team with last years schedule. Probably would?ve had a good shot at going 10-2 last year. Now we have a tough schedule with a better team. I say we win 7 or 8 depending on egg bowl results. 4 non conference then Auburn Arkansas at home some yearly Leach upset between @LSU, @UK or aTm and then Egg Bowl I have no clue. I would say State if it was at home but 50/50 up there

DeltaSwamp
02-15-2022, 08:58 AM
Yall are wild. All the SECW teams are basically somewhere near the top. It is what it is. But we are ready with that we return and we are going to SHOCK some people. Get your heads our of your asses it is going to be a GREAT year

Matt3467
02-15-2022, 09:54 AM
I still think we win 8. We should be better and should win all of our OOC games. That would be four right there. If we have our typical 4-4 SEC season that would give us 8 wins. I feel like we should at least be in every game win or lose except for Alabama. I think we will be the most improved team from 2021 to 2022. We return a ton of production and have hopefully found a kicker. The only hole that I see is we need another safety. If I were in Leach's shoes I would look to add another EDGE rusher and offensive lineman and maybe a punter too.

I don't know. It sucks sometimes to be in the West. We play two NC teams in Bama and Georgia, play A&M who pulled in the highest rated recruiting class ever (of course you never know about them), Arkansas on the up and up, OM in Oxford, KY in Lexington, LSU in Baton Rouge......that's rough. We should get our revenge vs Memphis and win the other OOC but it's going to be a battle to get to 7 or 8.

HancockCountyDog
02-15-2022, 11:15 AM
We should beat LSU.

They have a completely revamped roster. If that game was in November, I'd say toss up or L. Third game of the season, most likely at 11:00 a.m.? I think we can and should win that game.

PGHBulldogBG
02-15-2022, 01:36 PM
I don't know. It sucks sometimes to be in the West. We play two NC teams in Bama and Georgia, play A&M who pulled in the highest rated recruiting class ever (of course you never know about them), Arkansas on the up and up, OM in Oxford, KY in Lexington, LSU in Baton Rouge......that's rough. We should get our revenge vs Memphis and win the other OOC but it's going to be a battle to get to 7 or 8.

It doesn?t help we draw the two best teams in the East next year. Ironically it looks as though Auburn at home could be our easiest conference game

Todd4State
02-15-2022, 04:11 PM

It is what it is. I think we have about 6-7 toss ups for a variety of reasons. I like having home field against A&M and Arkansas. LSU and Ole Miss are in transition. Auburn is a dumpster fire. Kentucky lost a lot on defense and their DC and assuming we can still stop the run pretty well with the same players I think we win a tough game against them on the road by a close margin.

To me the key is how much we improve with our new additions especially on defense and at kicker.

Dak Holliday
02-15-2022, 04:38 PM
I think a huge factor in our success will be how quickly the OL and new receivers catch onto our system. Those 2 units could sink the season quickly if they aren?t up to speed.

Todd4State
02-15-2022, 04:52 PM
I think a huge factor in our success will be how quickly the OL and new receivers catch onto our system. Those 2 units could sink the season quickly if they aren?t up to speed.

We return our center and four others who have started at least one game on the offensive line.

And then we return most of our top receivers.

I think we will be fine there.

Dak Holliday
02-15-2022, 05:35 PM
We return our center and four others who have started at least one game on the offensive line.

And then we return most of our top receivers.

I think we will be fine there.

The folks that played TT in the bowl game, huh? Absolutely no need to be worried about those two units.***

Todd4State
02-15-2022, 07:40 PM
The folks that played TT in the bowl game, huh? Absolutely no need to be worried about those two units.***

Are we really going to base things off of a bowl game no one on the team wanted to go to?

Dak Holliday
02-15-2022, 08:43 PM
If you?re a back up getting the start of any game, much less a bowl, and you can?t get up for it, that?s a bigger issue than just getting whipped.

Todd4State
02-15-2022, 09:57 PM
If you?re a back up getting the start of any game, much less a bowl, and you can?t get up for it, that?s a bigger issue than just getting whipped.
That happens to some teams every year. Why should we be immune to that?

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 12:03 AM
That happens to some teams every year. Why should we be immune to that?

What did you see in that performance that makes you think we will be fine next year without some vast amount of improvement?

mparkerfd20
02-16-2022, 12:18 AM
5-7 or 6-6... Y'all are way too optimistic. Gotta bring it back down to reality some.

Todd4State
02-16-2022, 01:58 AM
What did you see in that performance that makes you think we will be fine next year without some vast amount of improvement?

1. The entire body of work of the team and the player over the course of the season instead of basing everything on one game which happened to be our worst because it was the most recent game.

2. Knowing that we have a large amount of contributors on both sides of the ball that will just now be upperclassmen next year.

3. Knowing that we return the most production of any team in the SEC.

4. Understanding that we have added one of the best kickers in the country who had he been on the team last would have likely won us 2-4 more games alone last year and may have sent us to a bowl that we actually might have been interested in playing in.

5. Understanding that our best pass rusher was injured last year and greatly hurt our defense. And we have improved our secondary in the process. Even if that doesn't pan out we were one of the better teams at stopping the run last year and it's reasonable to expect that at a minimum from our defense next year.

bulldawg28
02-16-2022, 05:12 AM
Are we really going to base things off of a bowl game no one on the team wanted to go to?

The team didn't want to go? Wow, ok. I'm concerned about the old Big ten LB's that played that game. If we go into the season with that group starting we're toast.

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 08:11 AM
1. The entire body of work of the team and the player over the course of the season instead of basing everything on one game which happened to be our worst because it was the most recent game.

2. Knowing that we have a large amount of contributors on both sides of the ball that will just now be upperclassmen next year.

4. Understanding that we have added one of the best kickers in the country who had he been on the team last would have likely won us 2-4 more games alone last year and may have sent us to a bowl that we actually might have been interested in playing in.

5. Understanding that our best pass rusher was injured last year and greatly hurt our defense. And we have improved our secondary in the process. Even if that doesn't pan out we were one of the better teams at stopping the run last year and it's reasonable to expect that at a minimum from our defense next year.

OL and WR. Those are my points of concern. You didn?t support your point that we should be fine there at all except to say that the one game many of these new guys started, they really didn?t want to play. Without those 2 groups being where they need to be, the AirRaid doesn?t work nearly as well as it should, just like in the Liberty Bowl vs a team you and others thought we would dominate even with existing starters opting out. Maybe it was less of they didn?t want to be there and more that they weren?t able to effectively run the system.

TrapGame
02-16-2022, 09:28 AM

Stop making sense Todd. Some people around here hate Leach so much they probably suffer from erectile dysfunction because of it.

Matt3467
02-16-2022, 09:30 AM

I don't know if I really buy that but either way it's a bad look anyway you look at it.

TrapGame
02-16-2022, 09:33 AM
OL and WR. Those are my points of concern. You didn?t support your point that we should be fine there at all except to say that the one game many of these new guys started, they really didn?t want to play. Without those 2 groups being where they need to be, the AirRaid doesn?t work nearly as well as it should, just like in the Liberty Bowl vs a team you and others thought we would dominate even with existing starters opting out. Maybe it was less of they didn?t want to be there and more that they weren?t able to effectively run the system.

Everyone on this board completely overlooked the biggest factor. Tech's interim head coach played under Leach as a QB. He knew Leach's system and tendencies. He knew exactly where to throw the wrench in the works. That still does not exonerate Leach or the team for a horrible performance but it sure as hell didn't help.

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 10:19 AM
Stop making sense Todd. Some people around here hate Leach so much they probably suffer from erectile dysfunction because of it.

And some people around here are on his jock so close they keep a constant hard on because of it, huh, Sunshine pumper?
One can really like Leach without being sold that the ML AirRaid is a great brand of football.

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 10:24 AM
As far as Cumbie, that doesn?t bode well for us then. If it?s that predictable, then it won?t be long before every DC in the SEC has studied that tape.
Personally, I think it was a bit of both players not being up to speed and Cumbie knowing Leach. Either way, don?t tell me that performance doesn?t cause concern going forward. There will need to be some vast improvements, which is exactly what I?ve said this entire thread. That doesn?t mean we won?t get there, just that those 2 areas will be key to our success next year. Read what is written.

TrapGame
02-16-2022, 10:53 AM
And some people around here are on his jock so close they keep a constant hard on because of it, huh, Sunshine pumper?
One can really like Leach without being sold that the ML AirRaid is a great brand of football.

I guess if giving the man a chance is being on his jock then I guess you got me. Too many people round here have ZERO things nice to say about Leach. And it's more than just dislike of the Air Raid system. I don't buy that for a second. That 40 point comeback game was like a freaking ghost town on this board. The usual suspects were here in droves giving him and the team shit for two quarters. Then POOF by mid third quarter they all disappeared. Not one good thing to say about the comeback b/c it blew up their narrative they set for two quarters.

Hell, we haven't had Spring practice yet and the usual suspects are already declaring it a 6-6/5-7 season. That's just being an asshole at this point. The negativity on this board is almost toxic. I guess I'm just older and more mellow. There's bigger shit in life to worry about. State's head football coach doesn't make my top twenty.

If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. I'm not going to bash Leach. I'm not going to bash players. But what I am going to do is wish Leach well and support the next coach in the same way until he proves he can't do it either.

Commercecomet24
02-16-2022, 11:00 AM
I guess if giving the man a chance is being on his jock then I guess you got me. Too many people round here have ZERO things nice to say about Leach. And it's more than just dislike of the Air Raid system. I don't buy that for a second. That 40 point comeback game was like a freaking ghost town on this board. The usual suspects were here in droves giving him and the team shit for two quarters. Then POOF by mid third quarter they all disappeared. Not one good thing to say about the comeback b/c it blew up their narrative they set for two quarters.

Hell, we haven't had Spring practice yet and the usual suspects are already declaring it a 6-6/5-7 season. That's just being an asshole at this point. The negativity on this board is almost toxic. I guess I'm just older and more mellow. There's bigger shit in life to worry about. State's head football coach doesn't make my top twenty.

If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. I'm not going to bash Leach. I'm not going to bash players. But what I am going to do is wish Leach well and support the next coach in the same way until he proves he can't do it either.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TrapGame again.

Catfish
02-16-2022, 11:24 AM

Good 'common sense' post.

R2Dawg
02-16-2022, 01:05 PM

Well that is nice spin on last year. Fact is we only played about 4 good games all year last year. Not sure if we played 4 quarters even once - maybe TAMU? That is the high level view of where we are.

RougeDawg
02-16-2022, 01:22 PM
Well that is nice spin on last year. Fact is we only played about 4 good games all year last year. Not sure if we played 4 quarters even once - maybe TAMU? That is the high level view of where we are.

Maybe we only played 4 good games, but we played more consistently and completely as we moved through the season. Similar to the improvement the 1st season that very few here could see. Improvement was there last year and it was dramatic. If the trend continues in year 3, we should be able to win 8 games or more. Improvement does not always show up in the W/L column. Some can see through the weeds and understand the progress.

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 02:13 PM

Critique is a necessary element of evaluation. Evaluation is a requirement of informed discussion. This forum is to discuss all things MSU. Not being a fan of ML?s AirRaid doesn?t mean that one dislikes Leach. Those 2 things aren?t mutually exclusive. He?s a very entertaining character. Good Twitter follow. Great interview. He will write his story here. We better hope it?s good.
Lots were excited after the AU comeback and said so. Saying too much could be seen as raining on the parade, so many don?t extrapolate beyond- Yay! Great Win!!!. I?m sure any- wow, we got some lucky calls/ yikes, sucks for Aubbie that Nix broke his ankle and tried to keep playing/ etc, wouldn?t have gone over well. It wasn?t the time. We played a great second half, but we had some good fortune, too.
Haven?t predicted a wins total. I agree, that it is too early. As stated, I will wait to see how the OL and WR group- 2 areas that we lost a lot and are very important to successfully running the AirRaid- gel before making a prediction.
Lastly, criticism isn?t bashing when rooted in facts and is a necessary part of growth. Don?t allow your fandom to blind your ability to comprehend what?s being said in the context of the conversation.

😂 at your assertion that you couldn?t care less about these discussions. You post as much as anyone. You care. Care enough to read and discuss the topic at hand without your maroon colored glasses, bud.

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 02:20 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TrapGame again.

Whatchu talkin bout, Willis?

PGHBulldogBG
02-16-2022, 02:23 PM
I still don?t think we have enough data to support one way or another if Leach will work here. By the end of next season that will change. If we can win 7 or 8 games with the schedule we have that?s a good indicator that things will go well. I think winning @auburn and @tamu was certainly a step in the right direction. We also played well @ark and would?ve won that if we had a kicker. The last two games were certainly disappointing to just look at that and not the whole year isn?t fair to Leach or the team. Let?s see how he does next year and go from there. I think we can win 7 for sure and possibly 8 depending on how the transfers work out for ole Miss

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 02:27 PM
I still don?t think we have enough data to support one way or another if Leach will work here. By the end of next season that will change. If we can win 7 or 8 games with the schedule we have that?s a good indicator that things will go well. I think winning @auburn and @tamu was certainly a step in the right direction. We also played well @ark and would?ve won that if we had a kicker. The last two games were certainly disappointing to just look at that and not the whole year isn?t fair to Leach or the team. Let?s see how he does next year and go from there. I think we can win 7 for sure and possibly 8 depending on how the transfers work out for ole Miss

Much of ?will work? depends on your definition of where it leads us. 6-7 wins and a continuance of the bowl streak? It already works. Anything better than just that? TBD.

Commercecomet24
02-16-2022, 02:37 PM
Whatchu talkin bout, Willis?

I'm old enough to not be into instant gratification. Building a successful program or business takes some time and effort. I'm willing to give a coach time to build something his way to see if it will work(and I'm not saying give him forever), but by the end of year 3 you can pretty much tell which direction a program is headed. Leach has been good but not great to this point but I want to see how this coming year goes. We've made some progress over last season so let's see what happens. And yes I also understand to be successful at anything you have to critique and evaluate yourself constantly and make some adjustments, so let's just see what happens this year. Trap was right in a lot of what he said, there would be tons of Leach hate when we lost and then those same people would completely vanish after the wins or comebacks until he lost again. If he doesn't win we'll move on to the next one, that's how it works.

TrapGame
02-16-2022, 04:42 PM
Maybe we only played 4 good games, but we played more consistently and completely as we moved through the season. Similar to the improvement the 1st season that very few here could see. Improvement was there last year and it was dramatic. If the trend continues in year 3, we should be able to win 8 games or more. Improvement does not always show up in the W/L column. Some can see through the weeds and understand the progress.

An that's what some of these folks REFUSE to see.

I'm done talking about this shit.

I'm ready for baseball.

We can go back to nit picking and pissing come Fall football camp.

Catfish
02-16-2022, 05:44 PM
I'm old enough to not be into instant gratification. Building a successful program or business takes some time and effort. I'm willing to give a coach time to build something his way to see if it will work(and I'm not saying give him forever), but by the end of year 3 you can pretty much tell which direction a program is headed. Leach has been good but not great to this point but I want to see how this coming year goes. We've made some progress over last season so let's see what happens. And yes I also understand to be successful at anything you have to critique and evaluate yourself constantly and make some adjustments, so let's just see what happens this year. Trap was right in a lot of what he said, there would be tons of Leach hate when we lost and then those same people would completely vanish after the wins or comebacks until he lost again. If he doesn't win we'll move on to the next one, that's how it works.

You nailed it.

bulldawg28
02-16-2022, 06:49 PM
Everyone on this board completely overlooked the biggest factor. Tech's interim head coach played under Leach as a QB. He knew Leach's system and tendencies. He knew exactly where to throw the wrench in the works. That still does not exonerate Leach or the team for a horrible performance but it sure as hell didn't help.

Playing under Leach wasn't the problem. He copied the exact game plan Ole Miss did. Two games in a row the offense has been completely shut down.

Dawgfan77
02-16-2022, 06:59 PM
I think some people get off on us not succeeding and love to be in the depths of despair rather than seeing us be successful.

WhiskeyPirate
02-16-2022, 07:00 PM

Is this question coming from an ole miss or miss state fan perspective ?

Just asking

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 08:09 PM
Is this question coming from an ole miss or miss state fan perspective ?

Just asking

What would make it an OM fan perspective? The bowl game was horrible. OL and WR play was without our bigger names and performed badly. Which is why I hinge our ability to be more successful this year on these 2 groups improving. Is that off in the slightest? If so, please feel free to show me. I think you and many others on here struggle with reading comprehension. As far as OM fans, all the ones I know enjoyed our bowl game to the fullest and hope that we don?t improve. What a retarded question to ask.

RougeDawg
02-16-2022, 08:14 PM
An that's what some of these folks REFUSE to see.

I'm done talking about this shit.

I'm ready for baseball.

We can go back to nit picking and pissing come Fall football camp.

I?m ready for baseball season but not this board during baseball season. The melt will be volcanic with any minor thing. Winning the NC will definitely turn the heat up on the melts when a mid week game is dropped because it?s baseball. It?s going to happen and it just happens.

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 08:34 PM
I?m ready for baseball season but not this board during baseball season. The melt will be volcanic with any minor thing. Winning the NC will definitely turn the heat up on the melts when a mid week game is dropped because it?s baseball. It?s going to happen and it just happens.

We are kings of the ring. Repeat or not, this year feels like a weight lifted. I think now that we?ve broken the ice, more will come. Baseball is set up for title runs for years to come.

TrapGame
02-16-2022, 08:51 PM

Crap, you're right. The Foxhall criticism on rotation got cringe.

WhiskeyPirate
02-16-2022, 10:44 PM
What would make it an OM fan perspective? The bowl game was horrible. OL and WR play was without our bigger names and performed badly. Which is why I hinge our ability to be more successful this year on these 2 groups improving. Is that off in the slightest? If so, please feel free to show me. I think you and many others on here struggle with reading comprehension. As far as OM fans, all the ones I know enjoyed our bowl game to the fullest and hope that we don?t improve. What a retarded question to ask.

I think you guys are really going to struggle next year. Too much lost in player personnel and in coaching....the guys who really did all the coaching. No RPO either.

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 10:57 PM
I think you guys are really going to struggle next year. Too much lost in player personnel and in coaching....the guys who really did all the coaching. No RPO either.

😂 ok. I think you are incompetent in actually discussing real issues so you accuse anyone that you can?t best of being the enemy. It?s alright. Not everyone is up to the task or equipped with the necessary intellect. They say that ignorance is bliss. I hope that?s true and you are having a blast.

BrunswickDawg
02-17-2022, 08:22 AM
Crap, you're right. The Foxhall criticism on rotation got cringe.

The "all Lemonis does is sit is fat ass on a bucket" takes were even worse.

Commercecomet24
02-17-2022, 09:26 AM
The "all Lemonis does is sit is fat ass on a bucket" takes were even worse.

Ha! I'd almost forgotten about that! Wow!

Dak Holliday
02-17-2022, 11:06 AM
😂 stay healthy and heat up at the right time. That?s really all we need to do. Lemonis is just tending the fire building heat for a run. There may not be a better place to sit for that job than a bucket.

Commercecomet24
02-17-2022, 11:43 AM
�� stay healthy and heat up at the right time. That?s really all we need to do. Lemonis is just tending the fire building heat for a run. There may not be a better place to sit for that job than a bucket.

Very well said!