PDA

View Full Version : Beckham

parabrave
02-14-2022, 03:36 PM
getting back to the game Odell tore his ACL on that play. One of those weird plays that originally seems to be harmless but turned out bad. How many like myself knew he tore it?

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 03:45 PM
getting back to the game Odell tore his ACL on that play. One of those weird plays that originally seems to be harmless but turned out bad. How many like myself knew he tore it?

Being totally alien to ACL Injuries prior to my then 65 yr old step dad's alcohol related slip and fall incident I don't like even thinking about ACL injuries. I helped in his care while he sported a full leg cast and totally believed when he often said "I'd rather have broken my leg."

TUSK
02-14-2022, 03:49 PM
Being totally alien to ACL Injuries prior to my then 65 yr old step dad's alcohol related slip and fall incident I don't like even thinking about ACL injuries. I helped in his care while he sported a full leg cast and totally believed when he often said "I'd rather have broken my leg."

But did he spill his drink???

Commercecomet24
02-14-2022, 03:51 PM

Seeing this injury so many times I knew by the way the knee went and how he reacted so quickly. I said acl immediately. So many happen on no contact plays.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 03:54 PM
But did he spill his drink???

Yep but like Jack Cristil once replied "Son I've SPILLED more than you'll EVAH Drink." LMAO.

redstickdawg
02-14-2022, 05:48 PM

I knew that he tore it from personal experience, any non contact injury like that is never good.

RougeDawg
02-14-2022, 05:59 PM
Seeing this injury so many times I knew by the way the knee went and how he reacted so quickly. I said acl immediately. So many happen on no contact plays.

Tore both of mine playing baseball of all sports, and a year to the day exactly apart from each other.

One of the best Drs in the south did both surgeries and he told me the technology of the cleats these days, in combination with more artificial turf are the reason for the increase in this type of injury. He said our ligaments aren?t made for the high tech design and gripping force of current cleats. Older style cleats would slip out from under the athlete more and fewer injuries. Now that they don?t slip as much something has to give.

parabrave
02-14-2022, 06:26 PM
Tore both of mine playing baseball of all sports, and a year to the day exactly apart from each other.

One of the best Drs in the south did both surgeries and he told me the technology of the cleats these days, in combination with more artificial turf are the reason for the increase in this type of injury. He said our ligaments aren?t made for the high tech design and gripping force of current cleats. Older style cleats would slip out from under the athlete more and fewer injuries. Now that they don?t slip as much something has to give.

Ask any Orthro and they will tell you these new fields are terrible for the kids knees and hips. They are seeing alot of non contact injuries in Soccer now. Glad I got to play on a nice plush grass field back in High School/ The old Biloxi Lee Street stadium was one of the best fields in the state.

Catfish
02-14-2022, 07:48 PM

How much did the artificial turf play into his injury?

Catfish
02-14-2022, 07:49 PM

Evidently he was wearing $200,000 diamond cleats.

RougeDawg
02-15-2022, 01:30 AM
Ask any Orthro and they will tell you these new fields are terrible for the kids knees and hips. They are seeing alot of non contact injuries in Soccer now. Glad I got to play on a nice plush grass field back in High School/ The old Biloxi Lee Street stadium was one of the best fields in the state.

Yea. My Doc does a lot of the knee surgeries on pro athletes (Saints and Chiefs at the time). He played safety for the KlanSharts but that aside he made things make sense. The turfs and gripping of the current cleats are creating a hazard. Not sure what the answer is because the players want to be able to cut better.

Maybe we need a true study like the concussion study to look at the pros and cons of the risks. If we are about minimizing risks and educating players this should happen. My two knees can still predict the weather. I don?t wish that on anyone, even Beardo. Kidding.

redstickdawg
02-15-2022, 08:48 AM
Evidently he was wearing $200,000 diamond cleats.

I think that those cleats were pre-game, OBJ is not stupid enough to risk losing super expensive diamonds on the field.

Catfish
02-15-2022, 08:58 AM
I think that those cleats were pre-game, OBJ is not stupid enough to risk losing super expensive diamonds on the field.

Yeah, you're right, they were pregame.

Commercecomet24
02-15-2022, 10:08 AM
Yea. My Doc does a lot of the knee surgeries on pro athletes (Saints and Chiefs at the time). He played safety for the KlanSharts but that aside he made things make sense. The turfs and gripping of the current cleats are creating a hazard. Not sure what the answer is because the players want to be able to cut better.

Maybe we need a true study like the concussion study to look at the pros and cons of the risks. If we are about minimizing risks and educating players this should happen. My two knees can still predict the weather. I don?t wish that on anyone, even Beardo. Kidding.

This. With the new cleats and turf your feet don't slide out from under you like they used to. The foot stays planted and the leg keeps going and somethings got to give and most of the time it's the acl. My son narrowly missed tearing his acl last fall in baseball because of this, his body kept going and the foot didn't and the knee hyperextended badly. It didn't tear but he wound up with up with a severe sprain that kept him out for 6 weeks. So much more gripping power with these new cleats and the turf fields.

OLJWales
02-15-2022, 10:08 AM

Good post; hope you healed 100%. Has turf tech improved since? Seems there was enough money for grass 100 yrs but now too expensive. Seen plants grow inside; why not Domes too?

Besides the injuries I also hate seeing balls bounce way high forcing a pop up to field.

Commercecomet24
02-15-2022, 10:09 AM
How much did the artificial turf play into his injury?

The turf and cleats absolutely created this injury. If he was on grass with old school cleats, no injury..

parabrave
02-15-2022, 10:44 AM
Good post; hope you healed 100%. Has turf tech improved since? Seems there was enough money for grass 100 yrs but now too expensive. Seen plants grow inside; why not Domes too?

Besides the injuries I also hate seeing balls bounce way high forcing a pop up to field.

I think Arizonas' field is grass which the roll out after the game for sunlight/

OLJWales
02-15-2022, 11:51 AM
I think Arizonas' field is grass which THEY roll and SMOKE after the game for sunlight/

FIFY cuz I still ain't sure whatchyou talking about. LMAO

RougeDawg
02-15-2022, 11:56 AM
This. With the new cleats and turf your feet don't slide out from under you like they used to. The foot stays planted and the leg keeps going and somethings got to give and most of the time it's the acl. My son narrowly missed tearing his acl last fall in baseball because of this, his body kept going and the foot didn't and the knee hyperextended badly. It didn't tear but he wound up with up with a severe sprain that kept him out for 6 weeks. So much more gripping power with these new cleats and the turf fields.

There is a silver lining on my 2nd tear. Prior to it, I was in weekly or bi weekly contact with Bianco to go play there. The conversations stopped because I was sidelined a year and they moved on, so I guess things eventually work out for the best in the long run. I wouldnt have gone to state and grown to hate those clowns as much as I do.

parabrave
02-15-2022, 12:07 PM
FIFY cuz I still ain't sure whatchyou talking about. LMAO

Who changed my Words??? Willis

parabrave
02-15-2022, 12:08 PM
The turf and cleats absolutely created this injury. If he was on grass with old school cleats, no injury..

Does anyone know if this caused Daks injury?

OLJWales
02-15-2022, 12:10 PM
There is a silver lining on my 2nd tear. Prior to it, I was in weekly or bi weekly contact with Bianco to go play there. The conversations stopped because I was sidelined a year and they moved on, so I guess things eventually work out for the best in the long run. I wouldnt have gone to state and grown to hate those clowns as much as I do.
Thanks for this post Rouge as many of us like me dropped out of playing after Pony League and hearing stuff from yall STATE bad asses is always bad ass. Strike out 2 for me today on reps. The Commie has a wicked curve.

RougeDawg
02-16-2022, 03:19 PM

Knees are good to go these days so long as I stay active and exercise them frequently. I?ve learned any extended layoffs really set them back. Never really lost any speed after either surgery. 2nd was a much faster recovery due to hard rehab before going under the knife. Throwing from a chair after 2nd surgery added a ton of arm strength about 5-6 MPH to fastball into low 90?s. Sucks I didn?t try pitching after that. Should have. May Will Rogers should try that and work on extending the distance for 5-6 months. It does work.

The turf is believed to be lower maintenance cost over the long term and easier upkeep. Until they develop some turf with breakaway capabilities the injuries will continue. They just don?t give any.

OLJWales
02-16-2022, 03:57 PM
Sad to hear what I feared. So many athletes getting hurt due to a few dollars. 17 that excuse.

OLJWales
02-16-2022, 04:53 PM
Surgeons lobbying sports turf.