PDA

View Full Version : Worst half time show ever yes or no !?!?!?!?.

Offshore Dawg
02-13-2022, 08:26 PM
I thought it sucked mule dick !

Ifyouonlyknew
02-13-2022, 08:29 PM
The best 1 they’ve had

Saltydog
02-13-2022, 08:29 PM

I'd rather see old people $!*@

Activated Alpha
02-13-2022, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry, but that is one of the best halftime shows the NFL has put on in a long time

magrooder
02-13-2022, 08:39 PM
It definitely sucked.

OLJWales
Outside of Petty, Prince & DUH Stones, none worth distracting from Steak Grillin'.

maroonmania
Worst to me for sure. But I can't stand that rap mess. I personally don't even think it qualifies as music. It's essentially talking with a band in the background.

Homedawg
02-13-2022, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry, but that is one of the best halftime shows the NFL has put on in a long time

I don't watch any of those guys and I agree

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-13-2022, 08:44 PM
Depends your age I guess. I don?t care for Hip Hop much, but I knew all of those lyrics!

Saltydog
02-13-2022, 08:44 PM

You obviously didn't see Prince in '07 or '08 (not sure)........Michael Jackson, U2, Aerosmith, the Stones were much better than what some of you saw today and as bad as I hate the piece of shit, Springsteen was good......

Vandownbytheriver
02-13-2022, 08:45 PM
The best 1 they’ve had

Second best. Prince is still the best and it's not close.

Saltydog
02-13-2022, 08:46 PM
Snoop Dogg sucks w/o Martha Stewart......She "completes" him........

EdwardDrayton
02-13-2022, 08:47 PM
Well produced entertainment, just not my cup of tea.

maroonmania
02-13-2022, 08:47 PM
Second best. Prince is still the best and it's not close.

Well yea, Prince was ultra talented and his music had broad appeal.

Hambone
02-13-2022, 08:50 PM
Prince best by far and not close…..

This is the 2nd best ever.

Activated Alpha
02-13-2022, 08:51 PM
You obviously didn't see Prince in '07 or '08 (not sure)........Michael Jackson, U2, Aerosmith, the Stones were much better than what some of you saw today and as bad as I hate the piece of shit Springsteen was good......

So after 14 other NFL halftime shows they had another great one. I mean I didn't say it was the best of all time, but I think it has to rank up as one of the top ones. Some of the most influential hip hop singers for a halftime show is a really good lineup

KOdawg1
02-13-2022, 08:53 PM
It was awesome.

Some of you saying it was the worst all time have forgotten the ones in recent years.

dawgoneyall
02-13-2022, 08:55 PM
Not the worst but not very good.
Good music is good and bad music is bad......

tcdog70
02-13-2022, 09:06 PM
Not the worst but not very good.
Good music is good and bad music is bad......
There was music?

BeardoMSU
02-13-2022, 09:11 PM
It was great.

BeardoMSU
02-13-2022, 09:14 PM
The set/production was also great.

OLJWales
02-13-2022, 09:16 PM
2007 15 minutes till showtime and manager sez "Due to heavy Rain, we have a cancellation option."

To which Prince Replies "Can you make it RAIN More?"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lElCzhjiPX8

LC Dawg
02-13-2022, 09:21 PM
There's no way to make everyone happy but I thought it was awesome. I agree that Prince was the best ever.

Saltydog
02-13-2022, 09:24 PM
There was music?

Well played.....

Offshore Dawg
02-13-2022, 09:26 PM
Depends your age I guess. I don?t care for Hip Hop much, but I knew all of those lyrics!

LYRICS !!!!!!!!! I need closed captioned or at least a translation to English.

BeardoMSU
02-13-2022, 09:27 PM
There's no way to make everyone happy but I thought it was awesome. I agree that Prince was the best ever.

Yes ^^

OLJWales
02-13-2022, 09:32 PM
Prince's shit was Woodstock HendrixEsque.

lastmajordog
02-13-2022, 09:44 PM
If you liked repetitive nursery rhyme talking it was great.......if you like/appreciate music it was sickening hell......well it was repetitive nursery rhyme talking.

DownwardDawg
02-13-2022, 09:45 PM
I was watching a Billy Graham classic, so I didn't see it tonight. But Prince performed the greatest halftime show of all time.

RocketDawg
02-13-2022, 09:51 PM

Agree. Just not my style of "music".

Hypnodawg
02-13-2022, 10:25 PM
I like Dre, Snoop, Eminem, and 50 cent and still thought it was a pretty craptacular halftime show.

Dak Holliday
02-13-2022, 10:52 PM
I liked it. That was the rap I grew up on. I had hoped that they?d have done a Tupac hologram for California Love. I don?t think it was the best ever, but it was the best it?s been in a while and very appropriate considering that the game was being played in LA.

Dak Holliday
02-13-2022, 10:59 PM
https://youtu.be/uJE8pfPfVRo

This should?ve been there instead of Kendrick Lamar.

hailmari
02-13-2022, 11:02 PM
Same here. I?m not a huge rap fan, but I loved it. Knew every song. Of course, I?m only in my 30s.

Tripp McNeely
02-13-2022, 11:03 PM
Definitely not the worst, but they could've done so much more with that crew. It was like watching Moorehead waste the best defense in State history... "but I guess they still won 8 games and beat ole miss...I guess...but that should've been a Sugar Bowl team"

...had they worked in Nuthin but A G Thang (and not wasted 3 minutes on Kendrick friggin Lamar) it would've made a world of difference

Dak Holliday
02-13-2022, 11:07 PM
Could you imagine Tupac appearing on California Love then moving into Hail Mary???

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-13-2022, 11:12 PM
Lots of "GET OFF MY LAWN" in this thread.

I thought it was awesome

YazooDawg23
02-13-2022, 11:25 PM
Oh man? there is going to be a pissing contest around every MS Baptist rec room water cooler to see who couldn?t stand it the most. Amazing show

Jcl
02-13-2022, 11:32 PM
This thread tells me more about the members of this page than any I?ve read before. The expectations and patience (or impatience) regarding our teams and, in some cases, the respectful attitude toward others here may be attributed to the ages of each of us. I guess I?m one of the get the hell off my lawn and somebody please play a freaking instrument or actually sing crowd. Forgive me for my crankiness.

BeastMan
02-14-2022, 12:04 AM
It was excellent. Boomers seem not to like it

parabrave
02-14-2022, 12:34 AM
You obviously didn't see Prince in '07 or '08 (not sure)........Michael Jackson, U2, Aerosmith, the Stones were much better than what some of you saw today and as bad as I hate the piece of shit, Springsteen was good......

Prince was the best followed by Tom Petty.

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2022, 12:38 AM
It was excellent. Boomers seem not to like it

The set/production was also great.

I liked it. That was the rap I grew up on. I had hoped that they?d have done a Tupac hologram for California Love. I don?t think it was the best ever, but it was the best it?s been in a while and very appropriate considering that the game was being played in LA.

It was GREAT. Anyone who did not like it. is showing your age....OR....showing you aren't open to "new" music...or you just don't want to open up... or very close to Racist....

Love bringing out California Love .... Dre did great.... about shed a tear... RIP 2 Pac.

Oh and I feel old... because these songs are of my high school.... Cheers you old f*cks.

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2022, 12:40 AM

Oh.. you are old as dirt.
Got it.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 01:35 AM
Got it.

Or "very close to" racist.

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2022, 01:42 AM
Or "very close to" racist.

Shhhh .... back to listening to 2pac "all eyez on me" album while falling asleep to a bulldog snore.

SilentSteel16
02-14-2022, 01:45 AM
You are all idiots if you think just because someone doesn’t like a certain type of music makes them racist. You need to get over yourselves. I am not a millienal or however the hell you spell it, but yes I knew all the songs as well. I for one thought it was a good show. It was better than several in the past, HOWEVER, it is not nor has ever been my style of music. If that makes me a racist then you are a blame idiot for even thinking that of me. Not everything is about race, I don’t really care for blondes, I like and have always liked redheads and dark haired women, does that make me prejudice against blondes? I don’t like Chinese food, but I love Mexican and Italian food. Maybe that makes me a nationalist or whatever the hell the woke population wants to categorize people as now. Several of you are so damn quick to put someone under a label that it is just crazy that you are the ones calling people names and stereotyping people. Isn’t that only reserved for the democrats of the world? The ability to have a different opinion and then Ostracize others and try to make them look bad. Get the hell over yourself if someone has different tastes than you. Good grief sometimes people are just plain ignorant.

bulldawg28
02-14-2022, 04:53 AM
It was outstanding!!!!

99jc
02-14-2022, 07:18 AM
That halftime show sums up what's wrong with this country. Rap is the ultimate sexist. raciest. and anti-government or authority statement in the history of music. And before some jackass says i am raciest also....i love motown. So have a great day.

DownwardDawg
02-14-2022, 07:29 AM
It was GREAT. Anyone who did not like it. is showing your age....OR....showing you aren't open to "new" music...or you just don't want to open up... or very close to Racist....

Love bringing out California Love .... Dre did great.... about shed a tear... RIP 2 Pac.

Oh and I feel old... because these songs are of my high school.... Cheers you old f*cks.

Terrible terrible take. Very petty on your part. Some of us just don't care for the music you do. That make me racist??? Ok........
Some like to see musicians that actually write their own music. You know, create the music, write the lyrics, play the guitar while singing. Kinda like Prince. Oh, but we're racist. We can't like Prince.
Garbage mentally around this place sometimes.

Hot Rock
02-14-2022, 07:31 AM
If you liked it, you grew up with it or were going to clubs having fun listening to rap or hip hop.

In Other words, you are probably 40 or younger unless you had kids into it and you were exposed to it that way.

It?s not my thing, I am old but my parents hated my stuff and said it was just noise to them.

Jacknut
02-14-2022, 07:57 AM
I've seen better. I've seen worse. Way better than that God awful Weekend guy last year. -mid fifties guy here

BeardoMSU
02-14-2022, 08:00 AM
That halftime show sums up what's wrong with this country. Rap is the ultimate sexist. raciest. and anti-government or authority statement in the history of music. And before some jackass says i am raciest also....i love motown. So have a great day.

"I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down"

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die"

- Lil John Cash Money, rap artist**

chef dixon
02-14-2022, 08:06 AM
I am actually impressed by the amount of people here who did NOT hate it. Which is sad that those were my expectations

StateDawg44
02-14-2022, 08:12 AM

I'll give you Prince.

But U2????!! You lost all credibility here.

Aerosmith?!!? LOL

smootness
02-14-2022, 08:16 AM
I expected it to suck and thought it was actually darn good.

But there's only one truly bad take in this thread - not liking Chinese food. The heck is wrong with you?!

NCMSTFAN
02-14-2022, 08:20 AM
It was a really good show, even if rap isn't your cup of tea you probably liked the production and choreography. Definitely one of the best halftime shows in a very long time.

BeastMan
02-14-2022, 08:21 AM

Anti-government? Sounds good to me!

Saltydog
02-14-2022, 08:26 AM
Terrible terrible take. Very petty on your part. Some of us just don't care for the music you do. That make me racist??? Ok........
Some like to see musicians that actually write their own music. You know, create the music, write the lyrics, play the guitar while singing. Kinda like Prince. Oh, but we're racist. We can't like Prince.

Deleted.........

Saltydog
02-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Which pales in comparison to W.A.P. or OPP!

Offshore Dawg
02-14-2022, 08:31 AM
Got it.

I am 71 but that still was not music,

sleepy dawg
02-14-2022, 08:31 AM
I thought it was great. I don't know where it ranks for me, as I've enjoyed many of the halftime shows.

It's interesting that Scooba gave many reasons why someone might not like it, but the only reason anyone who didn't like it sees is the racist one.

StarkVegasSteve
02-14-2022, 08:39 AM
It was one of the best halftime shows ever. Prince probably is still number 1 but last night gave it a run. When Eminem came out with Lose Yourself I got hype. The only thing I had against it was Kendrick. He just didn?t fit in with the rest of the vibe of the show.

Saltydog
02-14-2022, 08:49 AM
Those two are consistently ranked as two of the better shows but don't take my word!

Maroonthirteen
02-14-2022, 09:15 AM
Well said Silent.

Scooba is a liberal. So.... well you know.

Saltydog
02-14-2022, 09:18 AM
I guess I'm a racists too then and I'm not even a boomer. You had to know it was coming. When all other arguments fail play the ole race card. I just happen not to like music that is generally associated with gang bangers who sing about killing cops but hey that's just me! If you're a millenial you can now go back to reading your favorite book by Karl Marx.

Hot Rock
02-14-2022, 09:19 AM
You are all idiots if you think just because someone doesn?t like a certain type of music makes them racist. You need to get over yourselves. I am not a millienal or however the hell you spell it, but yes I knew all the songs as well. I for one thought it was a good show. It was better than several in the past, HOWEVER, it is not nor has ever been my style of music. If that makes me a racist then you are a blame idiot for even thinking that of me. Not everything is about race, I don?t really care for blondes, I like and have always liked redheads and dark haired women, does that make me prejudice against blondes? I don?t like Chinese food, but I love Mexican and Italian food. Maybe that makes me a nationalist or whatever the hell the woke population wants to categorize people as now. Several of you are so damn quick to put someone under a label that it is just crazy that you are the ones calling people names and stereotyping people. Isn?t that only reserved for the democrats of the world? The ability to have a different opinion and then Ostracize others and try to make them look bad. Get the hell over yourself if someone has different tastes than you. Good grief sometimes people are just plain ignorant.

I didn't care for it either because I am old as dirt and it just seems like noise to me but:

Why did you zero in on the racist part? He gave you several reasons why you couldn't like it. Racist was just one of the reasons and quite frankly it was the last one he gave and for some reason it pissed you off. Guess what, there are racist people. They are among us and most likely they hate this music because of where it comes from. Yes, it's music whether you liked it or not.

Coach34
02-14-2022, 09:36 AM
Halftime Show was great. Best one since Prince. I dont think Prince playing Purple Rain in the rain with purple lighting can be topped- but anything is possible. They did a great job last night.

vv83
02-14-2022, 09:43 AM
Best one since I?ve been alive

SilentSteel16
02-14-2022, 09:44 AM
I didn't care for it either because I am old as dirt and it just seems like noise to me but:

Why did you zero in on the racist part? He gave you several reasons why you couldn't like it. Racist was just one of the reasons and quite frankly it was the last one he gave and for some reason it pissed you off. Guess what, there are racist people. They are among us and most likely they hate this music because of where it comes from. Yes, it's music whether you liked it or not.

I zeroed in on it because there were several responses to his quote agreeing that if you didn’t like it you were racist. If people want to throw rocks then have the stones to stand there and take it when they get thrown back at you.

I forget who it was but yeah, my wife makes fun of me for not liking Chinese food, not sure why I don’t like it maybe it is the spices or something because I love rice and chicken but maybe I had a traumatic experience in some past life. Haha.

In regards to the show, they were rap icons except for Kendrick, not real sure why he was in there. But different strokes for different folks I guess.

Extendedcab
02-14-2022, 09:44 AM
For an old guy, I though it was garbage. There was more crotch grabbing going on than at an Miley Cyrus concert!

Come on let's be honest, is that the way we really want our children and grandchildren growing up? They wear their pants down to their knees and they walk around with their hand on their crotch! If that is their main focus in life (their genitals), then no wonder the world is as screwed up as it is!

KentuckyDawg13
02-14-2022, 09:45 AM
Black eyed peas, New Kid on the Block, Maroon 5 and Tanya Tucker are just a few off the top of my head that sucked way worse.

SilentSteel16
02-14-2022, 09:49 AM
For an old guy, I though it was garbage. There was more crotch grabbing going on than at an Miley Cyrus concert!

Come on let's be honest, is that the way we really want our children and grandchildren growing up? They wear their pants down to their knees and they walk around with their hand on their crotch! If that is their main focus in life (their genitals), then no wonder the world is as screwed up as it is!

So I went back and watched the halftime shows that I remember being good and MJ put on a good show and there was a lot of crotch grabbing then as well. Then you had the Timberlake and other Jackson titty grab, so I guess most entertainers are geared towards sexuality. Hell even Aerosmith and Van Halen would hump the mic stand or guitar.

Saltydog
02-14-2022, 09:52 AM
Best one since I?ve been alive

You're only one?

Coach34
02-14-2022, 10:01 AM

Eddie Van Halen or Keith Richards playing their guitar like they are holding their dick is ok tho I'm sure....It's just music and entertainment.

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2022, 10:06 AM

Good lord, I'm 49 years old and crotch grabbing entertainers have been around my whole life. I bet you were scared Elvis's shaky hips on Ed Sullivan would ruin our youths too.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2022, 10:23 AM
playing their guitar like they are holding their dick is ok tho I'm sure...

Better avert your eyes...he's about to unleash the kraken**

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f1/1a/ac/f11aac1d53c5c4e23b17ce0652620e75.gif

Really Clark?
02-14-2022, 10:32 AM
It was good but not great. I thought it would have been great if they had condensed the number of artist performing and gave us more Dre and Snoop. Mary J, I really like, but thought just have her sing more of Family Affair instead of two songs. Eminem sounded the best and strongest but that song fed that as well. It was a 1,000 times better than The Weekend last year.

1. Prince
2. Michael Jackson
3. Beyonc? and Destiny's Child
4. Katy Perry, Missy Elliot and Lenny Kravitz
5. U2 (I'm biased because they are one of my favorite all time bands and their performance after 9/11 with MLK playing and names scrolling was very good)

I think those 5 were better performances to me. I like the Stones and their music but only giving us 3 songs was not enough considering the vast material they have.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-14-2022, 10:35 AM

I wouldn't know. I don't ever watch halftime shows.

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2022, 10:39 AM

Nope. makes you old as dirt.
Or you aren't open to listening to different styles of music or understanding a different culture.

there was a 3rd part... you are the one that jumped to that conclusion... hmm

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2022, 10:41 AM
Well said Silent.

Scooba is a liberal. So.... well you know.

LOL you don't know Sh!t about my political affiliations dumb@ss .

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2022, 10:42 AM
I thought it was great. I don't know where it ranks for me, as I've enjoyed many of the halftime shows.

It's interesting that Scooba gave many reasons why someone might not like it, but the only reason anyone who didn't like it sees is the racist one.

Ding Ding Ding.... wow.

confucius say
02-14-2022, 10:42 AM
Thought it was really good. My favorite ever, but I don't like Prince. Would have rather just been snoop, Dre, and Eminem though.

But whomever is calling people almost racist for not liking it should be ashamed. All the old black people and white people in my office this morning didn't like it and say they couldn't understand it. And all the younger white people loved it. It's mostly an age gap, not a race issue.

TrapGame
02-14-2022, 10:50 AM
It was okay. It wasn't the best I've seen but it certainly wasn't the worst...(cough)...Madonna, I'm looking at you. It was way better than The Wknd last year. That was pretty bad.

Prince was the best halftime show ever. Just like Whitney was best national anthem performance. Petty was good. Stones were good. The Aerosmith/N'Sync/Brittany Spears performance is one of my favorites.

I'm not a big fan of country music but I'd like to see a big time country music collaboration. Garth/Reba/Underwood/Stapleton would be nice.

Extendedcab
02-14-2022, 10:51 AM
When I grew up in the late 1950s and the 1960s, performers (country I admit - more conservative than other genres) dress code was a lot more conservative than today's rock, punk, rap, you name it dress code. We went from this:

https://nostalgiacentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/porter-normajean.jpg
https://nostalgiacentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/porterwagonershow000.jpg

to this:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hbz.h-cdn.co/assets/15/35/hbz-miley-cyrus-vma-outfits-new-07.jpg
http://ell.h-cdn.co/assets/16/03/768x1153/gallery-1453386989-505978092.jpg
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.essence.com%2Ffashion%2Frb-stars-fiercest-concert-costumes%2F&psig=AOvVaw12uWEkAWxRyviLFkSXm1ct&ust=1644938762274000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCNDq_cbA__UCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
https://www.aceshowbiz.com/display/images/photo/2019/08/27/00140730.jpg

And lets not even go to discussing the lyrics, how they have degraded through the years. OK, maybe I will go there:

Just looking at Snoop Dogg’s violently anti-police, pro-crime vile and vulgar “artistry,”. How Roger Goodell appointed and anointed Snoop Dogg the headliner at this year’s Super Bowl halftime just blows ones mind.

The lyrics to a “song” by Snoop and J5 Slap entitled, “Police.” is as follows:

“All you n—as out there,

Take your guns that you using to shoot each other

And start shooting these b—h-ass

mother-f–king police.

That’ll impress a mother-f–king n—a like me.”

And Pepsi, which seems eager to become the soft drink of hardcore. What a charming song. Ready Team Pepsi?

“Dipping through the city with a Glock in a Range Rove

If you sleeping probably not with the same hoe

Rock the same clothes rich n—as do

And rock by the same code till I’m a rich n—a too

I be in the club with the stick in my shoe

You call the f–king police like a bitch n—a do.”

BeardoMSU
02-14-2022, 10:53 AM
When I grew up in the late 1950s and the 1960s, performers (country I admit - more conservative than other genres) dress code was a lot more conservative than today's rock, punk, rap, you name it dress code. We went from this:

https://nostalgiacentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/porterwagonershow000.jpg

to this:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hbz.h-cdn.co/assets/15/35/hbz-miley-cyrus-vma-outfits-new-07.jpg
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.essence.com%2Ffashion%2Frb-stars-fiercest-concert-costumes%2F&psig=AOvVaw12uWEkAWxRyviLFkSXm1ct&ust=1644938762274000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCNDq_cbA__UCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

And lets not even go to discussing the lyrics, how they have degraded through the years. OK, maybe I will go there:

Just looking at Snoop Dogg’s violently anti-police, pro-crime vile and vulgar “artistry,”. How Roger Goodell appointed and anointed Snoop Dogg the headliner at this year’s Super Bowl halftime just blows ones mind.

“All you n—as out there,

mother-f–king police.

And Pepsi, which seems eager to become the soft drink of hardcore. What a charming song. Ready Team Pepsi?

J.Lo still got it tho...

BeardoMSU
02-14-2022, 10:55 AM
and you skipped a few decades there, lol....

confucius say
02-14-2022, 10:55 AM

to this:

[IMG]https://www.aceshowbiz.com/display/images/photo/2019/08/27/00140730.jpg[/IUMG]

“All you n—as out there,

mother-f–king police.

I get your point. I just hope people are intelligent enough to hear music (rap or otherwise) promoting drugs and killing and hoes and abuse of alcohol and not let it filter through to their lifestyle.

Certainly get your point though.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2022, 11:00 AM
and not let it filter through to their lifestyle.

Can say that about pretty much anything, too. I don't get the urge to go out and shoot up my neighbors after playing an Xbox game or watching a bloody onslaught in a Tarantino film. Way to much ****ing pearl clutching going on in this thread, but it was expected, sadly.

Maroonthirteen
02-14-2022, 11:04 AM
LOL you don't know Sh!t about my political affiliations dumb@ss .

I see what you post here. And dm. You race baiter.

Jack Lambert
02-14-2022, 11:07 AM
I don't like Rap. If that makes me a racist then I hate cowboys because I don't like country music either.

Vandownbytheriver
02-14-2022, 11:11 AM
I think it's more to do with the "was that English" type comments that come off as a little off. If you can't understand Dre, Snoop or Em, you're just looking for the witty comment type thing. Hell, people can't understand Bob Dylan and he's supposed to be on of the best ever. It's okay not to like something, but stay clear of the overtly racist rhetoric.

confucius say
02-14-2022, 11:22 AM
Can say that about pretty much anything, too. I don't get the urge to go out and shoot up my neighbors after playing an Xbox game or watching a bloody onslaught in a Tarantino film. Way to much ****ing pearl clutching going on in this thread, but it was expected, sadly.

Agree. You can. It's not pearl clutching. It's reality. Some people cannot separate the two. I personally have no issue with it, but that's just me. I get where some would.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
02-14-2022, 11:27 AM
Lady GaGa a few years ago I thought was one of the best.

Matt3467
02-14-2022, 11:40 AM
"I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down"

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die"

- Lil John Cash Money, rap artist**

I get there's plenty of examples throughout music in general of off color lyrics but I'm willing to bet nothing touches the ones that can be found in rap. I think Confucious was saying something about being able to watch and listen to things but being able to filter it and not act out on it but generally it always affects one in someway if not overtly then through a thought life that may make Epstein blush.

I was tempted to copy/paste a few lyrics from rap songs but to be honest I feel dirty even reading them. When a song with the title of WAP can hit the top of the billboard today that should tell one all they need to know.

Jack Lambert
02-14-2022, 12:00 PM
I get there's plenty of examples throughout music in general of off color lyrics but I'm willing to bet nothing touches the ones that can be found in rap. I think Confucious was saying something about being able to watch and listen to things but being able to filter it and not act out on it but generally it always affects one in someway if not overtly then through a thought life that may make Epstein blush.

I was tempted to copy/paste a few lyrics from rap songs but to be honest I feel dirty even reading them. When a song with the title of WAP can hit the top of the billboard today that should tell one all they need to know.

At the end of the Johnny Cash song Folsom Prison he says "I hang my head and cried" At the end of Cocaine Blues he says " Come on you've gotta listen unto me
Lay off that whiskey and let that cocaine be." He telling a story with the consequence of doing the crime. RAP glorifies crime, killing and rape.

Activated Alpha
02-14-2022, 12:16 PM
I don't know, but I feel like Janet Jackson's halftime show was pretty good only because we got to see her titty

Dak Holliday
02-14-2022, 12:20 PM
I think there are good songs from all genre. There are certain beats that make you want to dance from the moment you hear them. There are songs that speak to your soul. There are songs that find their way into your playlist because of how they were used in shows/movies. Songs that were the soundtrack to different parts of your life. Sometimes you like the lyrics. Sometimes the chorus. Sometimes you don?t even know what they?re saying, but you enjoy the times associated with those songs.
Singing is often associated with a happy heart. Music a thread in the fabric of our individual lives, weaving many of us from different backgrounds into a collective cloth. Music is meant to unite not divide. You don?t have to like all of it. Neither do I.
This SB show may not have been your flavor. It was mine, but even I think while good, it could have been so much more. Maybe next year will be more your thing. Hopefully it?ll be good regardless.

Jack Lambert
02-14-2022, 12:20 PM
I don't know, but I feel like Janet Jackson's halftime show was pretty good only because we got to see her titty

It also had Kid Rock in it I believe.

PMDawg
02-14-2022, 12:23 PM
I liked everything except the family unfriendly part with 50 cent. But I was able to FF through that, so no harm no foul. The rest was great.

I think anyone from about 35 to 45 will have really liked it. I can't speak for other demos.

PMDawg
02-14-2022, 12:28 PM
Oh man? there is going to be a pissing contest around every MS Baptist rec room water cooler to see who couldn?t stand it the most. Amazing show

I think you're sorely mistaken. My church's music minister loved it (grew up in that era, knew the songs). Lots of members my age loved it. It's an age thing more than anything else.

TrapGame
02-14-2022, 12:29 PM
Lady GaGa a few years ago I thought was one of the best.

Yeah, that was actually pretty good. Some of these halftime shows you can tell the artists really don't give a shit. They've cashed the check and are going through the motions. I want to be entertained.

Turfdawg67
02-14-2022, 12:46 PM

Very much expected. Same ppl thought "Grab 'em by the p*ssy" was just harmless locker room talk.

Tater
02-14-2022, 12:50 PM

"They" comes across with strong racist vibes here. I don't want my kids to grow up emulating your awful, sickening, wicked behavior.

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2022, 12:55 PM

Meanwhile, in 1950s Vegas via Life Magazine (oh, the horror) - https://www.vintag.es/2020/04/dale-strong.html

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4WnBe6jM_OQ/XqRdXeduvNI/AAAAAAACWbE/2k7kWn71tCIOkHRLWfF1SqZVbUZcc_xfwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/dale-strong-4.jpg

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 12:55 PM
Don't like Tupac's music but his and Shaq"s commercials are the only ones I don't surf thru cuz I dig their personalities. Outlaw Country Music glorified some individual bad behavior but Rap is more a violent political movement.
I'm 59 and my musical interest's foundation developed at the Stones Tattoo You Tour Show in '81. Since then I've been Blues Heavy and also get off on Motown. Don't like modern country but get off big time on Old Outlaw Country.
Calling or insinuating I'm racist due to my dislike of Rap is so typical, wrong and divisive and a sign of the societal decay we see today.

Tater
02-14-2022, 01:12 PM
"They" comes across with strong racist vibes here. I don't want my kids to grow up emulating your awful, sickening, wicked behavior.

To the person who gave me negative rep but couldn't be bothered to comment out in the open. I didn't have to search for shit. This guy is the worst poster on this board and spouts awful hoity toity racist shit. Needs to be banned.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 01:21 PM

My favorite local McDonalds has a "No Sagging" Sign Front & Center. That racist?

StarkVegasSteve
02-14-2022, 01:33 PM
I think it is probably more of an age thing than anything else, but if you didn?t enjoy it then why the hell do you have to let everyone know about it. Why do people feel the need to tweet about everything they don?t agree with? And that?s both sides of the aisle. That performance was never going to change anybodys mind. If you loved that before then you definitely loved it after and if you hated it then nothing was going to change your mind about it. All it was going to do was irritate you. Just like I would have hated Gene Autry or Hank Williams Sr. playing the halftime show. However, I just would not have watched it and would not have felt the need to let everyone know that I didn?t like it.

Jack Lambert
02-14-2022, 01:45 PM

I off set that for you.

Extendedcab
02-14-2022, 02:19 PM

No racist bent here! Why do liberals always pull out the racist card when there is no racism involved. It is the lack of morals displayed by the sick grinding, pulsating, crotch grabbing, hate baiting, wicked behavior groups the left seems to enjoy is what I object too!!

That behavior goes against ALL Christian values.

Extendedcab
02-14-2022, 02:21 PM
Meanwhile, in 1950s Vegas via Life Magazine (oh, the horror) - https://www.vintag.es/2020/04/dale-strong.html

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4WnBe6jM_OQ/XqRdXeduvNI/AAAAAAACWbE/2k7kWn71tCIOkHRLWfF1SqZVbUZcc_xfwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/dale-strong-4.jpg

Vegas is a HELL of it own and was not near as mainstream then as it is today!

SilentSteel16
02-14-2022, 02:26 PM
You are wasting your time arguing a point that THEY can not comprehend. THEY are too woke to realize THEY need some sleep to think straight.

Jack Lambert
02-14-2022, 02:29 PM
No racist bent here! Why do liberals always pull out the racist card when there is no racism involved. It is the lack of morals displayed by the sick grinding, pulsating, crotch grabbing, hate baiting, wicked behavior groups the left seems to enjoy is what I object too!!

It's the go to when there is nothing else is working. It doesn't work like it use to. They called Trump a racist ever single day but he still got more black and Hispanic votes than any other Republican ever.

SilentSteel16
02-14-2022, 02:35 PM
Using the example of Las Vegas to argue your point is counter productive. Vegas is affectionately known as SIN CITY. That right there almost proves our point as to what todays mainstream media is pushing. It is a complete loss of standards that are Christian.

Yes, I do not allow my kids to watch adults or young adults sexualizing music, call me a fool or whatever you may but my daughter knows that what she says on tv is not accepted in my house. The public may accept it, but I hold myself and my home to a much higher standard.

Also, there is nothing anyone can say to me to change my opinion on this, I treat every person regardless of color the exact same way until they give me reason to not have anything to do with them. At that point they showed me who they are and it is my decision and on me to choose my association with said person. This is how I was raised and this is how my kids are being raised. I can not tell you how many times that I have been pulled to the side and told by a complete stranger both black and white how respectful to others my children are. That is the greatest compliment that a parent can ever receive.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 02:41 PM
It's the go to when there is nothing else is working. It doesn't work like it use to. They called Trump a racist ever single day but he still got more black and Hispanic votes than any other Republican ever.

Truth.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 02:48 PM
To the person who gave me negative rep but couldn't be bothered to comment out in the open. I didn't have to search for shit. This guy is the worst poster on this board and spouts awful hoity toity racist shit. Needs to be banned.

I'd gladly accept "Worst Poster" Awards in lieu of being so full of shit I cry racism every time while losing arguments.

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2022, 03:13 PM
Vegas is a HELL of it own and was not near as mainstream then as it is today!

Using the example of Las Vegas to argue your point is counter productive. Vegas is affectionately known as SIN CITY. That right there almost proves our point as to what todays mainstream media is pushing. It is a complete loss of standards that are Christian.

Yes, I do not allow my kids to watch adults or young adults sexualizing music, call me a fool or whatever you may but my daughter knows that what she says on tv is not accepted in my house. The public may accept it, but I hold myself and my home to a much higher standard.

Also, there is nothing anyone can say to me to change my opinion on this, I treat every person regardless of color the exact same way until they give me reason to not have anything to do with them. At that point they showed me who they are and it is my decision and on me to choose my association with said person. This is how I was raised and this is how my kids are being raised. I can not tell you how many times that I have been pulled to the side and told by a complete stranger both black and white how respectful to others my children are. That is the greatest compliment that a parent can ever receive.

Y'all missed the point that this was from a feature in one of the most read magazines of it's day - LIFE? LIFE was a weekly magazine from 1936-1972 (monthly after that), and one of the major influencers in American culture of the time. And here they are pumping mostly naked women into 1950s homes, along with articles about the benefits of magic mushrooms. Y'all act like sex, drugs, and rock & roll (or rap) is anything new. Your puritanical stands against it and threats of it ruining the world won't change any of it - It's been entertaining the masses since Eve bit the apple.

Now pass me a blunt and turn up some Snoop, cause I got bitches in the livin' room gettin' it on
and they ain't leavin' till 6 in the morn.....

Saltydog
02-14-2022, 03:16 PM
Imagine the calamity and backlash you would get if say Garth Brooks performed at halftime much less Kiss, GnR or Motley Crue. The lefties would scream that it was exclusive. Say what you want but that's the truth.

Jack Lambert
02-14-2022, 03:18 PM
Y'all missed the point that this was from a feature in one of the most read magazines of it's day - LIFE? LIFE was a weekly magazine from 1936-1972 (monthly after that), and one of the major influencers in American culture of the time. And here they are pumping mostly naked women into 1950s homes, along with articles about the benefits of magic mushrooms. Y'all act like sex, drugs, and rock & roll (or rap) is anything new. Your puritanical stands against it and threats of it ruining the world won't change any of it - It's been entertaining the masses since Eve bit the apple.

Now pass me a blunt and turn up some Snoop, cause I got bitches in the livin' room gettin' it on

National Geographic was my go to porn.****

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 03:28 PM

Nobody's saying today's Yutes invented sex, drugs & music. Can we like and dislike without being berated by dumbassed SJW's?

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2022, 03:38 PM
Imagine the calamity and backlash you would get if say Garth Brooks performed at halftime much less Kiss, GnR or Motley Crue. The lefties would scream that it was exclusive. Say what you want but that's the truth.

No, because a lot of the same anti-rap crowd were telling me in the 80s that KISS stood for Knights in Satan's Service and were trying to get junior high kids to burn their albums and cassettes. I mowed too many lawns to pay for those blasphemous songs.
And Garth, he got a dee-vorce, and has now ruined Amy Grant for too many of them. Did you listen to that Chris Gaines crap?

AFDawg
02-14-2022, 03:39 PM
So what I hear some of you saying is that you're ready for the next episode.

Turfdawg67
02-14-2022, 03:39 PM

That's a dumb post, even for you. So lefties aren't hair metal fans, only rap? Lolz. There's been plenty of rock & country acts that have performed for the SB. Maybe if they didn't use marching bands until 1993 there would've been some hair medal acts for the halftime show... back in their heyday, you know, the '70s & '80s.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2022, 03:41 PM
That's a dumb post, even for you. So lefties aren't hair metal fans, only rap? Lolz. There's been plenty of rock & country acts that have performed for the SB. Maybe if they didn't use marching bands until 1993 there would've been some hair medal acts for the halftime show... back in their heyday, you know, the '70s & '80s.

Garth blows, tho. Chris Gaines: way better, but not by much.***

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2022, 03:42 PM

Bring back "Up with People!"

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 04:05 PM
National Geographic was my go to porn.****

No asterisks here. Those African Jugs were Awesome.

Tater
02-14-2022, 05:06 PM

The founding ancestors of America were puritanical bigots kicked out of England for imposing their ridiculous morals on others.

You've somehow devolved from that to worse.

You keep talking like it's some persecuted behavior in here. Nah, no one directly called anyone racist except from me to you. Liberals aren't in here calling these people who hated the show racist. That was given as an option by scoob, but the vast majority of it is just people not liking the type of music and deciding it sucks. The production was amazing with wonderful transitions and an outstanding high energy performance. Even if you don't like the style, you have to respect the work and appreciate something that meant something to the host city.

But nah, you came in here spouting obvious as **** "they are wicked. they are bad influences. they dress un-pure. they they they." We all from Mississippi here. We all spent formative years in this state. We know EXACTLY who you're referring to when you refer that thinly veiled "They". That's not a liberal attributing everything a republican does to racism. That's just calling out the 0.001% of this board that dares to be as openly racist as they can. **** right off guy. Your extremist racism clouds the good misguided non-racists and helps further the divide as people broadly paint the right as being like you.

Really Clark?
02-14-2022, 05:51 PM
The founding ancestors of America were puritanical bigots kicked out of England for imposing their ridiculous morals on others.

You keep talking like it's some persecuted behavior in here. Nah, no one directly called anyone racist except from me to you. Liberals aren't in here calling these people who hated the show racist. That was given as an option by scoob, but the vast majority of it is just people not liking the type of music and deciding it sucks. The production was amazing with wonderful transitions and an outstanding high energy performance. Even if you don't like the style, you have to respect the work and appreciate something that meant something to the host city.

But nah, you came in here spouting obvious as **** "they are wicked. they are bad influences. they dress un-pure. they they they." We all from Mississippi here. We all spent formative years in this state. We know EXACTLY who you're referring to when you refer that thinly veiled "They". That's not a liberal attributing everything a republican does to racism. That's just calling out the 0.001% of this board that dares to be as openly racist as they can. **** right off guy. Your extremist racism clouds the good misguided non-racists and helps further the divide as people broadly paint the right as being like you.

Please expound on that and the bigotry you are alluding too, the context of what you just wrote. Because historically you have numerous examples, teachings, writings, etc. that the biggest conflicts and bigotry among first settlers had nothing to do with race but religion. Even as far back as the French pilgrims in Florida who arrived a long time before the Plymouth Rock founding. Race CANNOT be expressed in a broad stroke at all. If that is your assertion, then that is blatantly false.

PMDawg
02-14-2022, 06:44 PM
A lot of stupid in this thread. A LOT. Everyone nodding in agreement, I'm talking about you too.

Extendedcab
02-14-2022, 06:46 PM

I think you were taught woke culture rewritten history. Racism never entered my mind. And before you say any else to embarrass and humiliate and degrade yourself any further please know that I have a daughter-in-law from Mozambique (dark skinned in case you are really stupid) and 2 wonderful grandchildren through her and my son. Don't place your own shortcomings and racism crap on others.

Also, On November 21, 1620, the Pilgrims drew up and signed the Mayflower Compact ... It said: "For the glorie of God and advancement of ye Christian faith, we do... ...covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil body politick...to enact,... and frame... just and equal laws...for the general good of the Colonie, unto which we promise all due submission and obedience."

While fleeing religious persecution, from the corrupt Church of England, may have been part of their reason for leaving they also left for the purpose of advancing the the Christian faith.

99jc
02-14-2022, 06:51 PM
Let us talk covid and get this thread locked

Extendedcab
02-14-2022, 06:56 PM
LOL, that is a good one!

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 07:18 PM
Americans left DUE to religious persecution; not FROM instigation OF.

vv83
02-14-2022, 07:24 PM
You're only one?

Nah I am 27. Just know good music and how to properly use a contraction.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 07:35 PM
Americans left DUE to religious persecution; not FROM instigation OF.

schddog72
02-14-2022, 07:47 PM

Haven't watched one in at least 15 years, so either way . . . . . . Showing my age, but what happened to the marching bands?

R2Dawg
02-14-2022, 08:07 PM
This thread is just like everything. The intolerant lecture the rest on being tolerant. The division in our culture is at an all-time high, like this thread, it ain't gonna end well.

When and why did people lose respect for others? The racism in everything BS needs to stop. MLK is turning over in his grave about now.

TrapGame
02-14-2022, 08:58 PM
Another good thread devolves into projectile diarrhea. Good grief.

Matt3467
02-14-2022, 09:37 PM

Whewwww......this post may be one of the saddest I've seen on ED and that says a lot.

Dak Holliday
02-14-2022, 10:38 PM

to this:

Upon further review of these images, I have one serious question. Where did dude in pic number 3 of the modern get that clean a$$ Charlie Conway black mighty ducks jersey?!?

Tater
02-14-2022, 11:14 PM
I think you were taught woke culture rewritten history. Racism never entered my mind. And before you say any else to embarrass and humiliate and degrade yourself any further please know that I have a daughter-in-law from Mozambique (dark skinned in case you are really stupid) and 2 wonderful grandchildren through her and my son. Don't place your own shortcomings and racism crap on others.

Also, On November 21, 1620, the Pilgrims drew up and signed the Mayflower Compact ... It said: "For the glorie of God and advancement of ye Christian faith, we do... ...covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil body politick...to enact,... and frame... just and equal laws...for the general good of the Colonie, unto which we promise all due submission and obedience."

While fleeing religious persecution, from the corrupt Church of England, may have been part of their reason for leaving they also left for the purpose of advancing the the Christian faith.

9/11 Terrorists and ISIS do their killings allahu akbar. Or, for the glory of God. Guess we should forgive them since they were just trying to promote their God's faith.

What a joke you are. "I have a black daughter in law. I'm not racist." Bro then why is your whole personality that of someone who thinks they have THE superior intellect. YOUR interpretation of a numerous translated over book is the only one that's right. YOUR thought on what people can and can't do is superior. You are a racist / narcissist and a dreg on society.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-14-2022, 11:14 PM
Why do we have stereotypes if we can't use them?

Tater
02-14-2022, 11:20 PM
Please expound on that and the bigotry you are alluding too, the context of what you just wrote. Because historically you have numerous examples, teachings, writings, etc. that the biggest conflicts and bigotry among first settlers had nothing to do with race but religion. Even as far back as the French pilgrims in Florida who arrived a long time before the Plymouth Rock founding. Race CANNOT be expressed in a broad stroke at all. If that is your assertion, then that is blatantly false.

The puritans were imposing arcane religious practices onto all others in England. Effectively working against the renaissance and halting progress. Not unlike certain groups in America throughout its history. They were fortunate to be of a more advanced society than Natives and used this fortune to conquer. It wasn't racism and I did not say it was. It was archaic, my way is the only way, narcissistic thinking.

And this dude is worse cause he's turned that to 11 while sprinkling in racism.

BayouDawg
02-14-2022, 11:29 PM
Wow this thread really went off the rails fast lol

Pancho
02-15-2022, 12:28 AM
wtf

Dak Holliday
02-15-2022, 01:27 AM
All this talk of old school rap must?ve gotten T into the chronic. He seems like a baked Tater tonight.
Dude, calm down. You can?t call him out for an attitude that you perceive to be high and mighty and do so from your high horse. The idea of being a white race savior is actually one of the worst types of racism. It says that you don?t believe that another race has the ability to speak for themselves, stand up for themselves, and that they need for you to do it for them. If that?s not racist and narcissistic then nothing is.

SilentSteel16
02-15-2022, 05:43 AM
Bravo well said

Really Clark?
02-15-2022, 06:27 AM
The puritans were imposing arcane religious practices onto all others in England. Effectively working against the renaissance and halting progress. Not unlike certain groups in America throughout its history. They were fortunate to be of a more advanced society than Natives and used this fortune to conquer. It wasn't racism and I did not say it was. It was archaic, my way is the only way, narcissistic thinking.

And this dude is worse cause he's turned that to 11 while sprinkling in racism.

Well Purtains were not the only first settlers and Pilgrims were really different but going with that since that's the segment you are looking at. The name itself was actually giving by those who oppose them during that time but their reform in the Church of England had much much more to do with the Church and it's constraining, ceremonial, ritualistic, set in traditions that mirrored the Catholic Church, of which the Church of England broke away from to begin with. And I don't think you want to embrace how or why that happened and all the deaths that the king caused because many would not swear the oath to him as the head of the church, just so he could divorce and marry another woman.

The Purtains were very much seen as radicals and progressives of a newer type of worship in the church and wanted to free up worship to what was biblical and not deemed from man and set only in tradition. They were NOT the power that imposed a religion on the people of England. They were the new, NOT archaic. Your assertion is completely false that they were forcing an old tradition, moral code, etc. They were for reforming inside the Church of England, considered non-segregates unlike Pilgrams who did separate for the Church of England. But did not have the power to subject the entire religion and country, that's why they left. To worship how they believed to be biblical

They also wanted the local church to have more autonomy for its local congregation. It's within the church not secular society that their practices and reformation came from. And you have to understand because of economic and social unrest that many lawyers and merchants actually supported and many became Purtains as well. They had a strong work ethic that allowed many to be financially successful. Most that came to America had also already left England years prior to the Dutch areas. They helped finance the voyage. They were a judgemental group, not right if hypocritical but in context of the time and what they were going against, but the vast majority of them did not separate from the Chirch of England and worked within the church to reform or at least at their local church. Many of them gravitated to younger ministers, some who had just graduated Cambridge where a good bit of the reformations were being taught who were seen and more lively and charismatic and not so ritualistic and rigid. I think many believe the Purtains were the rigid, ritualistic, constraining force but in that time, they were the radicals within the Church of England but not the separatist that the "Pilgrams" were. Also, the Catholic Spanish of St Augustine murdered and wiped out the Jacksonville colony, many who were Purtains, which were here years before.

But within all that, where was their massive bigotry? Judgemental against sin, absolutely. Radicals who were progressive in many areas vs the Church of England, that's not seen as bigotry. They didn't work against the renaissance, they came from that period and what progress to you believe they tried to halt? Milton's writings helped take shape the Purtains not the other way around. There main concern and focus was the church not secular society. To reform the church, remove Catholic influences that were against Bible teachings and to expunge the corruption, which there was a lot in the church.

bulldawg28
02-15-2022, 07:00 AM
Wow this thread really went off the rails fast lol

It went were all these sorts of threads go eventually off the cliff

bulldawg28
02-15-2022, 07:03 AM
J.Lo still got it tho...

Lmao

bulldawg28
02-15-2022, 07:04 AM
Yep

DeltaSwamp
02-15-2022, 09:00 AM
Came here to read about the halftime show and got a shit ton of woke culture and racism stuff

not what I expected lol

MadDawg
02-15-2022, 09:27 AM
It went were all these sorts of threads go eventually off the cliff

Always the same posters that do it too.

OLJWales
02-15-2022, 09:39 AM
All this talk of old school rap must?ve gotten T into the chronic. He seems like a baked Tater tonight.
Dude, calm down. You can?t call him out for an attitude that you perceive to be high and mighty and do so from your high horse. The idea of being a white race savior is actually one of the worst types of racism. It says that you don?t believe that another race has the ability to speak for themselves, stand up for themselves, and that they need for you to do it for them. If that?s not racist and narcissistic then nothing is.

Must spread to the less fortunate prior.

OLJWales
02-15-2022, 09:46 AM
Yea. Started with racist if you don't like Rap even if you think Prince's was best. Then we got to hear how much our pilgrims, founding fathers and The Bible suck too.

The Superbowl has always been for all ages so thinking the show shouldn't resemble a Strip Club isn't extreme.

Lord McBuckethead
02-15-2022, 10:11 AM

U2, Aerosmith (got out of breath), and the Stone (also got out of breath during playing) all kind of sucked. Prince was good. Bruno Mars was good. Michael Jackson was great.
This one this year was pretty dang good. Not as good as Bruno Mars and Michael Jackson, but better than U2, Aerosmith, and damn Stones. Those dudes were sucking wind after their first song.

Lord McBuckethead
02-15-2022, 10:13 AM
To all those clutching their pearls over the halftime show....... grow the F up. Snowflake Boomers.

Lord McBuckethead
02-15-2022, 10:15 AM
Well for crying out loud.... 17n Boomers. Ruin everything.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-15-2022, 10:23 AM
Came here to read about the halftime show and got a shit ton of woke culture and racism stuff

not what I expected lol

Thanks Obama!

Lord McBuckethead
02-15-2022, 10:29 AM
I love Obama. What a great American.

**Waiting on some dumb asses head to explode.**

Dak Holliday
02-15-2022, 10:33 AM
U2, Aerosmith (got out of breath), and the Stone (also got out of breath during playing) all kind of sucked. Prince was good. Bruno Mars was good. Michael Jackson was great.
This one this year was pretty dang good. Not as good as Bruno Mars and Michael Jackson, but better than U2, Aerosmith, and damn Stones. Those dudes were sucking wind after their first song.

Agree. MJ is the first one I remember. It was the standard. Prince was better as a total product, but the technology for production was way better by then. The issue with many of the others is- great band, but wayyyyy after their prime. Geriatric rock performance is a bit odd. Somethings are better left to memory. OR it?s a newer act that doesn?t quite have the reputation/connection with audiences due to being relatively unknown to many. Doesn?t make the performances bad, but definitely affects the impact.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2022, 10:44 AM
Thanks Obama!

https://c.tenor.com/CFd73XKouKEAAAAC/troy-point.gif

BeardoMSU
02-15-2022, 10:45 AM
Agree. MJ is the first one I remember. It was the standard. Prince was better as a total product, but the technology for production was way better by then. The issue with many of the others is- great band, but wayyyyy after their prime. Geriatric rock performance is a bit odd. Somethings are better left to memory. OR it?s a newer act that doesn?t quite have the reputation/connection with audiences due to being relatively unknown to many. Doesn?t make the performances bad, but definitely affects the impact.

Very true. Hell, the RHCP had to lip-sync because of an issue with the sound system, ffs. Love the band, but jeez, talk about an underwhelming performance.

Lord McBuckethead
02-15-2022, 03:12 PM
https://c.tenor.com/CFd73XKouKEAAAAC/troy-point.gif

I love that GIF, that dude was a shit character. Which actually makes your choice somehow funnier. He was nothing without Achilles and he had his woman straight stolen by a weak shitty second son.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2022, 03:35 PM
I love that GIF, that dude was a shit character. Which actually makes your choice somehow funnier. He was nothing without Achilles and he had his woman straight stolen by a weak shitty second son.

haha, yeah its a good one.

I love Brian Cox; he's such a good actor. That movie had a bunch of good performances, but damn was it a piece of shit overall.

Lord McBuckethead
02-15-2022, 03:37 PM
Brian Cox is the man. He plays that type of role like a champ. Striker from Xmen, good role. King whats his face, good role for him. Borne Ultimatum, good one. That HBO show sounds really good too.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2022, 03:43 PM
Brian Cox is the man. He plays that type of role like a champ. Striker from Xmen, good role. King whats his face, good role for him. Borne Ultimatum, good one. That HBO show sounds really good too.
Word.

I haven't watched any of HBO's Succession yet, but plan to eventually.

Cox also portrayed Dr. Hannibal Lecture in film before Anthony Hopkins (Michael Mann's Manhunter, 1986). He's had a great career.

OLJWales
02-15-2022, 03:44 PM

Not sure of your age and no need to divulge but I respect your musical opinion while having my own different individual take. My Racism in Music is limited to the histories of the likes of Muddy Waters, B.B. King & John Lee Hooker etc....getting Screwed by Record Companies.
I find it hard to believe ICONIC BLACK MUSCAL INVENTIONS like Blues & Jazz Treasures being Buried by Less Creative Minds.

Extendedcab
02-15-2022, 03:49 PM
Not sure of your age and no need to divulge but I respect your musical opinion while having my own different individual take. My Racism in Music is limited to the histories of the likes of Muddy Waters, B.B. King & John Lee Hooker etc....getting Screwed by Record Companies.

I a not sure the record companies are racist ... I think they would screw their own mothers out of a good contract if they could! I think they are totally corrupt - greedy!

OLJWales
02-15-2022, 04:04 PM
I a not sure the record companies are racist ... I think they would screw their own mothers out of a good contract if they could! I think they are totally corrupt - greedy!

CCR is an example of White folks getting bent too.

Jack Lambert
02-15-2022, 04:25 PM
CCR is an example of White folks getting bent too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRZN7IzvCVs

Saltydog
02-15-2022, 04:28 PM

Yeah and don't forget that masterpiece as Captain O'Hagan in Super Troopers and ST2. [In an Irish accent] I'll believe ya when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

Turfdawg67
02-15-2022, 06:12 PM
Commented to wrong person.

Turfdawg67
02-15-2022, 06:14 PM

not what I expected lol

Well you're new here, you'll get used to it. And if you grew up in MS, as I did, you won't be the least shocked. Get in a private convo with 90% of these posters and you'll find out their true feelings.

Turfdawg67
02-15-2022, 07:03 PM
haha, yeah its a good one.

I love Brian Cox; he's such a good actor. That movie had a bunch of good performances, but damn was it a piece of shit overall.

He played Hannibal Lecktor in Michael Mann's "Manhunter". Subtle compared to Anthony Hopkins' portrayal, but still great. Much better version than "Red Dragon" years later. Love anything Brian Cox is in.

Tater
02-15-2022, 08:46 PM
Well you're new here, you'll get used to it. And if you grew up in MS, as I did, you won't be the least shocked. Get in a private convo with 90% of these posters and you'll find out their true feelings.

The funniest thing is when people on here say this shit like they're not posting on a MS board. Like you're supposed to start with the internet benefit of the doubt. Nah, if you grew up in MS you know exactly what some of this shit means and it's not even close to hiding it in this thread.

I'm at least proud to say I'm in the 10% willing to spout my true feelings out loud. Also the head of the board, Scooba is as well. Rare quality to have here. And we all know why people don't advertise it.

Saltydog
02-15-2022, 09:16 PM
Well for crying out loud.... 17n Boomers. Ruin everything.

Nah, it's usually the skinny jeans wearing millennial crumb snatchers still living at home with Mommy!

Extendedcab
02-16-2022, 09:53 AM
The funniest thing is when people on here say this shit like they're not posting on a MS board. Like you're supposed to start with the internet benefit of the doubt. Nah, if you grew up in MS you know exactly what some of this shit means and it's not even close to hiding it in this thread.

I'm at least proud to say I'm in the 10% willing to spout my true feelings out loud. Also the head of the board, Scooba is as well. Rare quality to have here. And we all know why people don't advertise it.

The 10% - the minority by far, trying to dictate to the other 90% what is considered normal behavior. Think about that for a while! That is not a democracy by any stretch the imagination!

Maroonthirteen
02-16-2022, 10:49 AM
This Tater person thinks college athletes are indentured servants. That's this persons world view. Not worth the reply.

Johnson85
02-16-2022, 12:19 PM
I like Dre, Snoop, Eminem, and 50 cent and still thought it was a pretty craptacular halftime show.

I think a lot of people that liked it just liked it because they're the age group it's aimed at. Other than the fact that it reminded me that I'm now in the older demographic that the superbowl half time show tends to be targeted at, I thought the lineup and song selections were great. I thought the production was pretty mediocre for a superbowl half time show. The only reason I won't say that it sucked is because you are limited in west coast superbowls. Night time shows provide a lot more opportunities to bring lights and other effects into it. Daytime "concerts" just don't have the same options.

R2Dawg
02-16-2022, 12:58 PM
Yea. Started with racist if you don't like Rap even if you think Prince's was best. Then we got to hear how much our pilgrims, founding fathers and The Bible suck too.

The Superbowl has always been for all ages so thinking the show shouldn't resemble a Strip Club isn't extreme.

True statement

BeardoMSU
02-16-2022, 01:01 PM
Night time shows provide a lot more opportunities to bring lights and other effects into it. Daytime "concerts" just don't have the same options.

Hmm, that's a really good point I hadn't thought about.

I liked the set/stage (the whole "block party" thing looked great), but did wonder why there wasn't much of a light show.

Tater
02-16-2022, 06:15 PM
The 10% - the minority by far, trying to dictate to the other 90% what is considered normal behavior. Think about that for a while! That is not a democracy by any stretch the imagination!

No. The 10% that aren't afraid to post their true feelings. That's nothing political. Man, you're so dumb you got that wrong. Just do the world a favor and stop.

ScoobaDawg
02-16-2022, 06:24 PM
No. The 10% that aren't afraid to post their true feelings. That's nothing political. Man, you're so dumb you got that wrong. Just do the world a favor and stop.

Alright man... let's all move along and stop slinging insults.

Time for Baseball season to start.

Dak Holliday
02-16-2022, 11:09 PM
Hmm, that's a really good point I hadn't thought about.

I liked the set/stage (the whole "block party" thing looked great), but did wonder why there wasn't much of a light show.

That was a very good point by Johnson85. That would?ve been a limitation on Tupac Hologram. They should?ve closed the roof and cut the lights.