PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement

Todd4State
02-13-2022, 04:43 PM
At some point our reigning National Championship baseball team will lose to someone they shouldn't or have a bad weekend.

Please remember baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. Those bad days and weekends happen to every team.

Remember the now immortal words of Stan Horton (RIP)- "MSU baseball will be fine" before you launch into a tirade about the baseball team with your theories on why we lost. I'm not even going to plant the seeds with an example for this year. Go dig up a thread from the Mizzou series or SEC Tournament from last year and it may be revealing to some of you after the fact.

Hail State!
Peace!

Commercecomet24
02-13-2022, 04:44 PM
Amen, Todd! Yes yes yes!

BeardoMSU
02-13-2022, 04:50 PM
Oh, IT'S COMING, Todd, lol.

Commercecomet24
02-13-2022, 05:05 PM
Oh, IT'S COMING, Todd, lol.

Lol yes it is and it won't even take losing a game. First time we get behind in a game the "we suck, can't coach" people will start chirping.

Maroonthirteen
02-13-2022, 05:18 PM
https://youtu.be/wiPn3rt2-pI

DownwardDawg
02-13-2022, 05:29 PM
At some point our reigning National Championship baseball team will lose to someone they shouldn't or have a bad weekend.

Please remember baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. Those bad days and weekends happen to every team.

Remember the now immortal words of Stan Horton (RIP)- "MSU baseball will be fine" before you launch into a tirade about the baseball team with your theories on why we lost. I'm not even going to plant the seeds with an example for this year. Go dig up a thread from the Mizzou series or SEC Tournament from last year and it may be revealing to some of you after the fact.

Hail State!
Peace!

Or when we were swept by Arkansas.

RougeDawg
02-13-2022, 06:18 PM

Hail State!
Peace!

Spot on. Baseball is truly the only sport where some small school can beat the top team on any given day. Teams will click well against others and win. Look at coastal Carolina winning it all a few years back. And some teams just don?t have it some days. It?s baseball. And personally I think the losses to teams you should beat are character builders as long as you do not have too many.

Baseball is the sport where talent is spread out everywhere and you can find a top 3 round pick anywhere. Some guys develop after high school.

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 06:41 PM
Or when we were swept by Arkansas.

The run ruled out of SECT topped that IMHO.

And yes the meltdown will happen more than once this year.

OLJWales
02-13-2022, 06:49 PM
17 this with 17B added in. A player and coach shall be tarred and feathered after each loss going forward.

99jc
02-13-2022, 06:50 PM

Hail State!
Peace!

Telling most of these dumbasses on here something like that is a waste of breath!

Homedawg
02-13-2022, 07:06 PM

Hail State!
Peace!

To add, someone, multiple ones will say, this team has been reading its press clippings from last year and just thinks they can just show up! Or something close. Probably within the first 5 innings of the year too

Commercecomet24
02-13-2022, 07:22 PM
To add, someone, multiple ones will say, this team has been reading its press clippings from last year and just thinks they can just show up! Or something close. Probably within the first 5 innings of the year too

Unfortunately true!

Johnson85
02-14-2022, 11:00 AM

Hail State!
Peace!

Even in a marathon, you have to keep moving steadily forward. I'm not saying they can't have an SEC loss, I just don't want them to lose a series against any P5 team or have any individual game losses to Non-P5 schools. If Lemon can't manage that, he can drag his ass back to Indiana.

ETA: And yes, I'm still salty about that embarrassing SEC tourney showing.

ETA2: ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2022, 01:51 PM
Even in a marathon, you have to keep moving steadily forward. I'm not saying they can't have an SEC loss, I just don't want them to lose a series against any P5 team or have any individual game losses to Non-P5 schools. If Lemon can't manage that, he can drag his ass back to Indiana.

Not losing a P5 Series is a very tall order and likely unrealistic, as is not losing to non-P5s. You realize that we did neither of those last year (3 SEC series losses, and 2 non-P5). In fact, going back to '06, we haven't accomplished that.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 04:13 PM
I do admit to some melt after HOGS scorch earthed our asses in Vegas.

Todd4State
02-14-2022, 06:32 PM

I was trying to avoid giving them talking points but you nailed it.

Todd4State
02-14-2022, 06:34 PM

Forest from the trees. Sometimes losses like that happen when we're figuring things out. Sometimes we have a bad day.

Only thing that matters is what happens in the end.

State82
02-14-2022, 07:17 PM
Another PSA.....Friday game moved up one hour to 2:00.

Johnson85
02-15-2022, 11:50 AM
Forest from the trees. Sometimes losses like that happen when we're figuring things out. Sometimes we have a bad day.

Only thing that matters is what happens in the end.

Not losing a P5 Series is a very tall order and likely unrealistic, as is not losing to non-P5s. You realize that we did neither of those last year (3 SEC series losses, and 2 non-P5). In fact, going back to '06, we haven't accomplished that.

Sorry, looking at this now: www.shorturl.at/kFKVX

And have edited original post.