PDA

View Full Version : WBB Egg Bowl in Starkvegas

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 04:19 PM
These girls can flat play. These guards are as good as any team has. They play smart and they know who they are. Play as a team. I am more impressed every time I see them play.

They may or may not win today (up 4 now) nearing end of 1st but wow what a tale of two teams and seasons.

Put Big T on this team and they would be something else.

jdelta02
02-13-2022, 04:24 PM
Saw the Michigan State transfer guard and Jessika Carter, both dressed, practicing with the team....team official twitter site

RocketDawg
02-13-2022, 04:27 PM
They're still looking good. Up 6 (make that 4 after two OM free throws) but are gving it their all.

Are the Hayes sisters twins?

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 04:32 PM
You can see why the fans have responded to this team. This is a lesson of epic proportions for what fans will cheer for.

RocketDawg
02-13-2022, 04:33 PM
10 point lead.

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 04:34 PM
Like the Starkvegas unis for something different too. Wonder whose idea that was?

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 04:43 PM
I believe the men's practice today should have been attend the WBB game and observe.

Jmsdawg
02-13-2022, 04:52 PM
Just guts, this team has HEART! I just love this team. I realize we have no depth and no size but they play as a unit and give it all they have. Win or lose Hope our fans give them another STANDING O!

Percho
02-13-2022, 04:54 PM
I believe the men's practice today should have been attend the WBB game and observe.

You hit it on the head.

ZedFedder
02-13-2022, 04:59 PM
I am all in for Novak. We just have to be able to recruit under him. The Xs and Os are there. The fact that he got the Mich State player while being an interim tells me he can at least recruit a little.

RocketDawg
02-13-2022, 05:10 PM
Like the Starkvegas unis for something different too. Wonder whose idea that was?

Yeah, they look pretty good but I don't particularly care for having special uniforms just for Ole Miss. Treat it just like any other game and have no mercy.

RocketDawg
02-13-2022, 05:20 PM
Assuming we hire Novak permanently, this team will be one to reckon with next year. The girls seem to like to play for him, and he knows what he's doing.

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 05:20 PM
J.Jordan and Hays are big time women players.

Taylor is pretty good too. Thompson got everyone's attention in previous games, they are covering her up.

viverlibre
02-13-2022, 05:29 PM
These girls can flat play. These guards are as good as any team has. They play smart and they know who they are. Play as a team. I am more impressed every time I see them play.

They may or may not win today (up 4 now) nearing end of 1st but wow what a tale of two teams and seasons.

Put Big T on this team and they would be something else.

Spoken like a true MSU fan.

RocketDawg
02-13-2022, 05:30 PM
J.Jordan and Hays are big time women players.

Taylor is pretty good too. Thompson got everyone's attention in previous games, they are covering her up.

Agree, but Taylor is more than pretty good. :) She's quick and shoots well. I think Kohl will learn how to shoot with the experience she's getting this year as well (she just fouled out) - as I recall, Big T couldn't hit a close in shot the first couple of years either. Hope her leaving the game isn't too much of a hit.

Alphadog
02-13-2022, 05:31 PM
Spoken like a true MSU fans.
Who is the blonde assistant on the bench?

EdwardDrayton
02-13-2022, 05:39 PM
Our ladies are extraordinary. Somehow someway they just find a way to win. Pure will.

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 05:39 PM
Spoken like a true MSU fans.

What a loser comment. You are the very one why I don't post that we should win. When we don't, you'll be calling me out for saying we will or should win. I had full confidence we could win, OM has more pieces than we do. They have such an advantage down low.

This team is good regardless of today's outcome for the doubters.

This team has as good a guard play as anyone in country though.

Commercecomet24
02-13-2022, 05:40 PM
Whipping that om behind!

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 05:40 PM
Agree, but Taylor is more than pretty good. :) She's quick and shoots well. I think Kohl will learn how to shoot with the experience she's getting this year as well (she just fouled out) - as I recall, Big T couldn't hit a close in shot the first couple of years either. Hope her leaving the game isn't too much of a hit.

She is very, very good. Didn't mean a slight at her. The other two can score at will. Taylor is an outstanding PG.

EdwardDrayton
02-13-2022, 05:41 PM

Gospel truth

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 05:53 PM
One for true maroon Dawgs. Wrap this one in Maroon and White.

ScoobaDawg
02-13-2022, 05:53 PM
Good win. love how this team is playing.

Cooterpoot
02-13-2022, 05:56 PM
Novak is like his team. He's not going out without a fight. I like it!

RocketDawg
02-13-2022, 05:56 PM
Very well done.

basedog
02-13-2022, 05:59 PM
Impressive!

Commercecomet24
02-13-2022, 06:01 PM
Novak is like his team. He's not going out without a fight. I like it!

Yep exactly!

EdwardDrayton
02-13-2022, 06:02 PM
If we believe in rewarding meritorius job performance, then Doug Novak has to be on the short interview list for a permanent coach.

NCMSTFAN
02-13-2022, 06:05 PM
I said it weeks ago no matter what happens going forward, keep Novak! He is a very smart coach who the players love to play for.

Whats going on with Farley? I didn't watch the game yet but watch replay

RougeDawg
02-13-2022, 06:08 PM
Womens team shoots the 3 better than mens. Watched 2nd half and caught myself saying Noooo on threes but remembered it wasn?t mens team.

OLJWales
02-13-2022, 06:23 PM
Since we are Blue Bloods, sho cant wait to see those "bettern Novak options."

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 06:39 PM

Yeah, be interesting.

BTW, I don't care how good the next coach was as a player in high school, college or whatever. Give me a proven coach.

Novak has proved he can flat out coach.

schddog72
02-13-2022, 07:11 PM
I said it weeks ago no matter what happens going forward, keep Novak! He is a very smart coach who the players love to play for.

Whats going on with Farley? I didn't watch the game yet but watch replay

THIS!!!!

PGHBulldogBG
02-13-2022, 07:30 PM
It?s so nice watching a basketball team at Mississippi State be coached well. Novak gets a solid A so far. What a difference it is watching a real coach instead of a recruiter

OLJWales
02-13-2022, 07:30 PM
THIS!!!!

One of the elements of retention that some fail to realize can be different between male and female athletes due to different DNA they have. If our Ladies are lovin' them some Novak Coaching and you take away their man, gonna be some Hell Hath No FuryTime. Let's just make the best call for ALL.

RocketDawg
02-13-2022, 07:38 PM
It?s so nice watching a basketball team at Mississippi State be coached well. Novak gets a solid A so far. What a difference it is watching a real coach instead of a recruiter

Is there any practical reason that Cohen wouldn't hire Novak full-time? I certainly can't think of one. I actually think I like him better than Schaefer.

NCMSTFAN
02-13-2022, 07:45 PM
THIS!!!!
Do you know if Farley is injured or in protocol?

CaptainObvious
02-13-2022, 08:14 PM

Cohen may have to keep Novak on a string until he sees how many enter the portal after the last game.

OLJWales
02-13-2022, 08:31 PM
Cohen may have to keep Novak on a string until he sees how many enter the portal after the last game.

How many we have left to leave?

thf24
02-14-2022, 09:27 AM
Weird, I was told OM WBB had left us in the dust.

Naming Novak permanent coach (assuming he wants the job) should be the easiest decision of Cohen's career to date.

Cooterpoot
02-14-2022, 10:57 AM
Do you know if Farley is injured or in protocol?

I don't expect her back at this point but that's not set in stone either (I don't think).

Cooterpoot
02-14-2022, 11:00 AM
Weird, I was told OM WBB had left us in the dust.

Naming Novak permanent coach (assuming he wants the job) should be the easiest decision of Cohen's career to date.

Nope, he goes through the process. If there's a legit proven coach (not some small school coach) then you grab them. We can't turn down a proven P5 coach with the massive rebuild/reload we're about to need. We've got the money to pay too. I think Novak better have his staff together when he interviews and it better be good.

Jmsdawg
02-14-2022, 11:51 AM
What elite coach do you think would be available? The only coaches that I would consider over Coach Novak are associated with elite programs, UConn, Louisville, Stanford, etc. coach Novak has already established a bond with the fans and players. Do you really think we could retain what we have if we brought in another P5 Coach. As for recruiting, top players want to play in front of big crowds, Our fans are coming back and we love this team and coach. MAKING NOVAK OUR PERMANENT COACH IS A NO BRAINER!

thf24
02-14-2022, 11:59 AM
Nope, he goes through the process. If there's a legit proven coach (not some small school coach) then you grab them. We can't turn down a proven P5 coach with the massive rebuild/reload we're about to need. We've got the money to pay too. I think Novak better have his staff together when he interviews and it better be good.

Fair enough, but there are only a handful of truly sure thing proven coaches in WBB and none of them are coming to MSU.

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2022, 12:21 PM

I agree.
It's just like how you don't give Henderson the head job after the miracle run to the CWS.
I believe we can hire someone better and qualified. But I don't think Novak is the worst option.

Either way, we have some progress being made again. Can't screw the next hire up.

MedDawg
02-14-2022, 12:28 PM
Womens team shoots the 3 better than mens. Watched 2nd half and caught myself saying Noooo on threes but remembered it wasn?t mens team.

These women shoot layups better than the men's team has for many years.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 01:40 PM
My bottom line hope is getting us back to the final 4 and stuff while also avoiding Pre-Vik Times and we've all seen how that road goes straight thru the HC Whether it be close to Ultimate Glory or Demise. Cohen just needs to interview Players & Assistants Combined with On Court Results then decide whether to Go Outside or Stay Within.

maroonmania
02-14-2022, 10:11 PM

We aren't getting a truly proven P5 head coach. We didn't get one after Vic so we sure as heck aren't getting one now. Also, with the transfer portal in basketball where 2 or 3 really good players transferring in can turn your fortunes around in a heartbeat, there is no such thing as a massive rebuild.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2022, 10:36 PM
I agree.
It's just like how you don't give Henderson the head job after the miracle run to the CWS.
I believe we can hire someone better and qualified. But I don't think Novak is the worst option.

Either way, we have some progress being made again. Can't screw the next hire up.

Great point, re Henderson.

Cooterpoot
02-14-2022, 11:21 PM
We aren't getting a truly proven P5 head coach. We didn't get one after Vic so we sure as heck aren't getting one now. Also, with the transfer portal in basketball where 2 or 3 really good players transferring in can turn your fortunes around in a heartbeat, there is no such thing as a massive rebuild.

We'll see where it goes. Right now, Novak ain't getting the job.

OLJWales
02-15-2022, 12:22 PM

You think Cohen's waiting to see how the season & portal play out?

Extendedcab
02-15-2022, 12:35 PM

Who's on Cohen's list - top 3?

Cooterpoot
02-15-2022, 01:55 PM
You think Cohen's waiting to see how the season & portal play out?

I do not.

Quaoarsking
02-15-2022, 04:32 PM
Great point, re Henderson.

The Henderson comparison doesn't really work, because he had already had 8 years as an SEC head coach and only even made the NCAA Tournament twice. If Henderson instead had 8 years of being successful at the D3 level, he would have been a stronger candidate, but instead he had a resume that suggested he couldn't cut it in the SEC.

Also, we had every reason to think we would hire an elite coach in baseball, someone with a better resume than Henderson. I'm skeptical that we'll make a better hire than Novak in wbb, though I'm fine with it if we can.