PDA

View Full Version : MState7

MoreCowbell
02-13-2022, 12:08 AM
Have not seen you post in a while about bball. Curious what your thoughts are going forward?

Think we will actually play well in the NIT. Time for Howland to retire though and let us get a young and hungry coach in here.

Our job is much more attractive now than it ever has been probably.

I like the Furman or North Texas coach.

RougeDawg
02-13-2022, 12:25 AM
Have not seen you post in a while about bball. Curious what your thoughts are going forward?

Think we will actually play well in the NIT. Time for Howland to retire though and let us get a young and hungry coach in here.

Our job is much more attractive now than it ever has been probably.

I like the Furman or North Texas coach.

I?m almost 100% certain we could do a weekly donation competition from this board and get better coaching that we currently have. Highest donor of the week, coaches the following weeks games. Would raise a lot of money and might actually win more games. Holy shit its bad and I have been trying to give Howland as much leash as possible.

BrunswickDawg
02-13-2022, 08:17 AM
I?m almost 100% certain we could do a weekly donation competition from this board and get better coaching that we currently have. Highest donor of the week, coaches the following weeks games. Would raise a lot of money and might actually win more games. Holy shit its bad and I have been trying to give Howland as much leash as possible.

Cause we all want to see the MSU version of Shooter run the old picket fence. Don't get caught watching the paint dry!

Leeshouldveflanked
02-13-2022, 09:10 AM
In the last 4 mins of a game how hard would it be to tell Watts or Moore to bring the ball down the court and no one shoots except Molinar or Tolu?

R2Dawg
02-13-2022, 09:44 AM
Cause we all want to see the MSU version of Shooter run the old picket fence. Don't get caught watching the paint dry!

Nice. One of best sports movies ever made.

The thing is many of the things people are talking about is not new age basketball. We did this in the 80s when I was playing. Mixing up Ds, press, different offenses, etc. It is just coaching basketball. The 3 ball is the only adder from the 80s.

I did see some coaches that were stuck in ways and we do what we do regardless of what the other team does or is good at. Really stupid approach to coaching anything. Actually it isn't coaching at all.

WSOPdawg
02-13-2022, 11:06 AM
Nice. One of best sports movies ever made.

The thing is many of the things people are talking about is not new age basketball. We did this in the 80s when I was playing. Mixing up Ds, press, different offenses, etc. It is just coaching basketball. The 3 ball is the only adder from the 80s.

I did see some coaches that were stuck in ways and we do what we do regardless of what the other team does or is good at. Really stupid approach to coaching anything. Actually it isn't coaching at all.

100% dead on, R2D. Any gameplan with zero adjustments is basically allowing for sheer blind luck to intervene, which is not coaching at all. I've been checked out for several years now waiting on the next coach.

Thank God baseball begins next week.

parabrave
02-13-2022, 11:49 AM
100% dead on, R2D. Any gameplan with zero adjustments is basically allowing for sheer blind luck to intervene, which is not coaching at all. I've been checked out for several years now waiting on the next coach.

Thank God baseball begins next week.

He did make an adjustment in the 2nd. He put Carter in as the 1 and moved Mol to the 2. It worked great then he stopped it. I wonder is he taking advice from the Miami Dolphins.

Saltydog
02-13-2022, 11:50 AM
It's like he's in a self-imposed ban. He asked me to "ban" bet him last weekend that we would win one of the next three games. I don't have much faith in this team, the coach or the program in general right now but I didn't accept the bet thinking we might get lucky and squeeze out a win somehow, someway plus I hate betting against my own team. Right now we're 0-2 and I'd say our chances of winning at Bama are extremely slim. He'll be back. He's just down on his luck right now and Ben is his boy. I understand supporting your coach but there comes a point in time that you have to be realistic.

DownwardDawg
02-13-2022, 12:39 PM
It's like he's in a self-imposed ban. He asked me to "ban" bet him last weekend that we would win one of the next three games. I don't have much faith in this team, the coach or the program in general right now but I didn't accept the bet thinking we might get lucky and squeeze out a win somehow, someway plus I hate betting against my own team. Right now we're 0-2 and I'd say our chances of winning at Bama are extremely slim. He'll be back. He's just down on his luck right now and Ben is his boy. I understand supporting your coach but there comes a point in time that you have to be realistic.

I'm glad you didn't accept the bet. Ban bets are extremely junior high-ish.

Joebob
02-13-2022, 12:45 PM
Maybe reality has finally kicked in and he's just depressed.

MoreCowbell
02-13-2022, 02:24 PM
I said it at the time and people called me out, but that collapse loss at Florida was the game where we missed the tourney. Go back and change that outcome to a win and we are probably still in.

That would have put us at 4-1 in SEC(then 5-1 after beating OM following week) and 2 straight Q1 wins. We would have been projected as a sure thing at that point, maybe a 5 or 6 seed and then all we would have had to do was not lose to anybody worse than us which we have not since, we just can not beat anyone good.

That is the game I knew we were not for real and when I knew we were not making the tourney.

EdwardDrayton
02-13-2022, 02:27 PM
Might be a little unrealistic to think our job is an attractive one.

MoreCowbell
02-13-2022, 02:32 PM

In the grand scheme of college bball no, but probably the best shape our program has been in to be looking for a coach.

Arena renovations, solid roster unless everyone leaves. A new coach would put asses in seats I believe. If there is a young hungry coach who wants to use us as a stepping stone it is a great spot to do that. USE US!!!

Coach34
02-13-2022, 02:58 PM

Kinda like the Mississippi football job. It's not really a good job but you can win every 5 years. However it pays too well not to take for some coaches

EdwardDrayton
02-13-2022, 03:02 PM
In the grand scheme of college bball no, but probably the best shape our program has been in to be looking for a coach.

Arena renovations, solid roster unless everyone leaves. A new coach would put asses in seats I believe. If there is a young hungry coach who wants to use us as a stepping stone it is a great spot to do that. USE US!!!

The July 1st portal deadline sure introduces a whole new dynamic into securing a new coach. Not a fan of the portal concept AT ALL.

Dawsonmsu
02-13-2022, 04:55 PM
Bring back the all time winningest coach!