PDA

View Full Version : So we are a 2 pt favorite to a team that's lost 7 straight

PMDawg
11-21-2013, 01:34 PM
And ole miss is a 2 pt dog to a top 10 team? Wtf? Considering where the 2 programs were less than 2 years ago, that's unacceptable. If we lose to this Arkansas team....shit I'm not starting that debate again. We'd just better not lose. That will be a very, very bad loss. USM stayed closer in their Arkansas game than they did in most CUSA games.

FlabLoser
11-21-2013, 01:38 PM
The media Robert Nkemdiche has been blowing Robert Nkemdiche Ole Miss Robert Nkemdiche all year. Robert Nkemdiche who cares.

Ronny
11-21-2013, 01:47 PM
..I can't belive we are 2 point favorites.

The odds-makers are seeing something I am not.

engie
11-21-2013, 01:51 PM
And ole miss is a 2 pt dog to a top 10 team? Wtf? Considering where the 2 programs were less than 2 years ago, that's unacceptable. If we lose to this Arkansas team....shit I'm not starting that debate again. We'd just better not lose. That will be a very, very bad loss. USM stayed closer in their Arkansas game than they did in most CUSA games.

All is well**

EngineerDawg
11-21-2013, 01:54 PM

webbcorban4msu
11-21-2013, 01:55 PM
I can understand us being only favorited by 2:
- Little Rock
- senior night
- Arkansas has improved throughout the season despite all the losses

I think we'll win by more than that though. Arkansas is very one dimensional, and I think we have the guys to stop the run.

I have no idea why ole miss is only a 2 pt underdog though.

PMDawg
11-21-2013, 01:55 PM
You know why we played Alabama close? Our defense matches up extremely well with that type of offense. Arkansas runs the same offense as Bama except they do it much worse and with much crappier players. Oh yeah, and this is their first year running it. If Dak was healthy, I would be insulted by a spread less than 14. If Williams starts, then who the hell knows. I guess that's why the line is what it is.

EAVdog
11-21-2013, 01:57 PM
I can only imagine the amount of action on this barn burner of a game! The line is set for many reasons in Vegas, it's not always about predicted outcome.

I wouldn't bet on this game, or the Ole Miss game with y'alls money.

Coach34
11-21-2013, 01:59 PM

Might have to do with the fact we may have to start our 3rd string QB dont ya think????

wobblyh
11-21-2013, 02:01 PM
- Little Rock
- senior night
- Arkansas has improved throughout the season despite all the losses

I think we'll win by more than that though. Arkansas is very one dimensional, and I think we have the guys to stop the run.

- Oxford
- Senior Night
- OM has improved throughout the year

MadDawg
11-21-2013, 02:01 PM
I honestly can't believe there aren't more Ronny's on here stunned we aren't double-digit underdogs.

codeDawg
11-21-2013, 02:03 PM
..I can't belive we are 2 point favorites.

The odds-makers are seeing something I am not.

On paper, we are very similar teams. We have slightly better offensive numbers then they do. What that doesn't take into account is SOS and margin of loss/victory of common opponents. We are a better team than they are and match up well.

That and we may start a true freshman at QB in a place we have never won.

We are not going to just waltz in and out of there.

Ronny
11-21-2013, 02:13 PM
I honestly can't believe there aren't more Ronny's on here stunned we aren't double-digit underdogs.

..on what Ive seen so far this season.

I have watched some UPig games & are aware they are not good.

But I have watched enough MSU games to realize MSU's attempt to play 4 quarters of error free football are colossal exercises in futility.

webbcorban4msu
11-21-2013, 02:21 PM
- Oxford
- Senior Night
- OM has improved throughout the year

Touche.

I still think Missouri wins by more than 2 though. Just toss the ball up high to those receivers over and over.

Madkinmecrazy
11-21-2013, 02:24 PM

Just to use you own logic against you here....

-Oxford
-Senior Night
-OM has improved throughout the season despite 3 losses in a row.

Not to be an asshole or anything, just saying that's why it's so close for the OM/Mizzou line.

*Just saw that the exact same thing was already posted

PMDawg
11-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Might have to do with the fact we may have to start our 3rd string QB dont ya think????

So what? Our 3rd string QB didn't get us to 4-6. He's not the only reason we are only a 2 pt favorite to the worst team in the sec. And if he is the only reason, well who put us in that situation? We beat this team by 31 last year. If we got that much worse in one year, then it supports my original observation. Because Arkansas damn sure isn't 29 points better than they were last year. And if home field is worth 29 points, then we should never play in the state of Arkansas again.

thunderclap
11-21-2013, 03:00 PM
I find it hard to believe that any State fan would feel comfortable about our chances of winning a game in the state of Arkansas.

PMDawg
11-21-2013, 04:18 PM
I find it hard to believe that any State fan would feel comfortable about our chances of winning a game in the state of Arkansas.

Why? It's really nothing more than a strange coincidence that we haven't won there yet. Our first time there, we did tie....so there's that. But seriously it's not some magic place. In the 11 seasons we've played there, we've ended the season with more than 5 wins 4 times. Arkansas has finished with 7 or more wins 7 of those times. We have only gone there with a "good" team 4 times. And of those four, Arkansas had a "worse" team twice. In 97, we were 7-4 and they were 4-7. That's the one time we really should've won. In 99, they had a good team and we had just lost our season to Alabama. Classic let down game and they were too good to not capitalize. They were 8-4 that year and we were 10-2. We did not bring a "good" team there again until 2007. And that was the miracle bowl year with Croom. We both went 8-5 and they beat us at their place. That's exactly what you would expect. In 2011, we played their best team since at lest 1977 and we lost. So like I said, it's really just a string of coincidence. It can't last forever. Unless our only available QB is our 3rd string freshman, then we are waaay better than them this year and will win. If he plays the whole game, then who the hell knows. I'll tell you this though, Arkansas is going to have a lot of 3 and outs come Saturday.

MaroonBandAlum
11-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Why? It's really nothing more than a strange coincidence that we haven't won there yet. Our first time there, we did tie....so there's that. But seriously it's not some magic place. In the 11 seasons we've played there, we've ended the season with more than 5 wins 4 times. Arkansas has finished with 7 or more wins 7 of those times. We have only gone there with a "good" team 4 times. And of those four, Arkansas had a "worse" team twice. In 97, we were 7-4 and they were 4-7. That's the one time we really should've won. In 99, they had a good team and we had just lost our season to Alabama. Classic let down game and they were too good to not capitalize. They were 8-4 that year and we were 10-2. We did not bring a "good" team there again until 2007. And that was the miracle bowl year with Croom. We both went 8-5 and they beat us at their place. That's exactly what you would expect. In 2011, we played their best team since at lest 1977 and we lost. So like I said, it's really just a string of coincidence. It can't last forever. Unless our only available QB is our 3rd string freshman, then we are waaay better than them this year and will win. If he plays the whole game, then who the hell knows. I'll tell you this though, Arkansas is going to have a lot of 3 and outs come Saturday.

There's no room here for your your perfectly logical statement.

Coach34
11-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Why? It's really nothing more than a strange coincidence that we haven't won there yet. Unless our only available QB is our 3rd string freshman, then we are waaay better than them this year and will win. If he plays the whole game, then who the hell knows. I'll tell you this though, Arkansas is going to have a lot of 3 and outs come Saturday.

be prepared for Williams to play the whole game

RougeDawg
11-21-2013, 06:34 PM
If we can score 10-14 pts we will This one. I don't see ark offense scoring much.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2013, 06:39 PM
You guys wait an see, on Saturday, with Williams at QB, we are going to run the Chris Relf ground and pound offense and whip some ass.

Mullen is at his best when he has a QB that he doesn't completely trust, because he will pound the hell out of the football.

I said this a few weeks ago, I can't imagine how good we could be with Dak at QB if Mullen would stop trying to be balanced with him and go heavy with the run game.
Dan treats Dak like a new toy he got for Christmas that has tons of fun buttons. He likes to try them out and see which one works and which doesn't even after finding the button that works perfectly.

You guys wait and see, we may have our biggest rushing game of the year Saturday because Mullen will desperately try to establish it because he doesn't trust Williams enough to try all the other buttons.

Mullen's weakness as a coach is he struggles to develop an offensive identity, but actually does a good job when forced to. Think 2009 Egg Bowl with Relf.

My guess is that Robinson, Perkins, and Shumpert will get a ton of carries on Saturday and we will look fairly impressive. Then Mullen will play action and take a few shots over the top.

You guys wait and see. The kind of offensive game plan for Saturday will make you frustrated that we haven't done it the whole year.

Coach34
11-21-2013, 06:47 PM
RTGDF

was21
11-21-2013, 06:49 PM
What I fear Saturday is fumbling.

ckDOG
11-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Will the line matter after we beat the shit out of them? We are about to take some frustration out on this team and it will be glorious.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2013, 07:05 PM
RTGDF

Precisely... if Williams starts, Saturday's game plan will make you throw up in your mouth. We will most likely RTGDF all day and look like a team that should've done that all season.

Percho
11-21-2013, 07:11 PM
You guys wait an see, on Saturday, with Williams at QB, we are going to run the Chris Relf ground and pound offense and whip some ass.

Mullen is at his best when he has a QB that he doesn't completely trust, because he will pound the hell out of the football.

I said this a few weeks ago, I can't imagine how good we could be with Dak at QB if Mullen would stop trying to be balanced with him and go heavy with the run game.
Dan treats Dak like a new toy he got for Christmas that has tons of fun buttons. He likes to try them out and see which one works and which doesn't even after finding the button that works perfectly.

You guys wait and see, we may have our biggest rushing game of the year Saturday because Mullen will desperately try to establish it because he doesn't trust Williams enough to try all the other buttons.

Mullen's weakness as a coach is he struggles to develop an offensive identity, but actually does a good job when forced to. Think 2009 Egg Bowl with Relf.

My guess is that Robinson, Perkins, and Shumpert will get a ton of carries on Saturday and we will look fairly impressive. Then Mullen will play action and take a few shots over the top.

You guys wait and see. The kind of offensive game plan for Saturday will make you frustrated that we haven't done it the whole year.

I also do not think CDM has faith in his young skill players. The reason you do not see more of Shump and some of the WR's.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Will the line matter after we beat the shit out of them? We are about to take some frustration out on this team and it will be glorious.

Yeah, I don't think everyone realizes how awful this UPIG team is. They got beat by Rutgers. Rutgers just got beat by 35 by Cincy and 35 by Houston. It's the worst Rutgers team in 10 years. UPIG beat Samford by 10. Samford, not Stanford. They beat USM by 17. USCe and Bama beat UPIG by a combined 104-7. The most impressive thing they have done all year is only lose by 10 to OM.

They have ZERO passing game. You put 8 in the box and you should be able to shut them down. Also, their fans and players have practically quit. We should be able to win this game by 7 with Sam Cowart.

PMDawg
11-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I don't think everyone realizes how awful this UPIG team is. They got beat by Rutgers. Rutgers just got beat by 35 by Cincy and 35 by Houston. It's the worst Rutgers team in 10 years. UPIG beat Samford by 10. Samford, not Stanford. They beat USM by 17. USCe and Bama beat UPIG by a combined 104-7. The most impressive thing they have done all year is only lose by 10 to OM.

They have ZERO passing game. You put 8 in the box and you should be able to shut them down. Also, their fans and players have practically quit. We should be able to win this game by 7 with Sam Cowart.

Exactly. Which is why a 2 point spread is sickening. A loss would be the worst in the Dan Mullen era by a whole lot. A whole lot. No matter who is the QB. Jameon Lewis at QB should be able to beat this team.

Coach34
11-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Exactly. Which is why a 2 point spread is sickening. A loss would be the worst in the Dan Mullen era by a whole lot. A whole lot. No matter who is the QB. Jameon Lewis at QB should be able to beat this team.

You have gone way overboard with this agenda bullshit

OM struggled at home...at home....to beat this team by 10 points. Now we play them, with a 3rd string QB, on the road, after they have had 2 weeks to prepare for us- and you expect us to be favored by 10-14 points? On the road? That's almost as dumb as the people saying less wins is a better season.

bluelightstar
11-21-2013, 11:47 PM

OM struggled at home...at home....to beat this team by 10 points. Now we play them, with a 3rd string QB, on the road, after they have had 2 weeks to prepare for us- and you expect us to be favored by 10-14 points? On the road? That's almost as dumb as the people saying less wins is a better season.

We still pretending that's what the argument was?

Coach34
11-22-2013, 12:02 AM
We still pretending that's what the argument was?

Pretending what? That was my argument the entire time and you know it. Ill be happy to copy and paste all the times I said it if you like

MarketingBully01
11-22-2013, 05:20 AM
Ole Miss played like shit in that game. They didn't get up for then but were still up 34-17 when Arkansas scored a meaningless touchdown. I think Dak plays some in this game and I think all it takes is 24 points to win. This is a spread pass happy personnell team with no Quarterback trying to run a pro style offense and no Quarterback. If our defense plays half as well as they did last week, we possibly will shut them out.

Statistically, their defense sucks against the run and the pass. As long as we are focused, we should be able to win this game.

Red Sox Dawg
11-22-2013, 09:49 AM

upig also beat ULL by 20.

MarketingBully01
11-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Ha, good one. Yes, they beat them and it was the first game of the year for both teams. They also only beat Samford (who lead most of that game) by a whopping 10 points and beat USM by 3 TDs who was also in the game for a while. Face it, they are a bad team. If we lose to them no matter who our QB is and what is on the line, the team has a lot of issues. If Mullen can't motivate them for the next two games with what's at stake, he deserves to be fired.

Basically in order for Arkansas to win, they would have to play their best game and we would have to play our worst. I mean really what do they have to play for. They can't go to a bowl. There really isn't any thing that can motivate them. As I said before, we win by 10+ go ahead early and cruise to a win. 17-7 at halftime and win 24-14

scottycameron
11-22-2013, 11:33 AM
be prepared for Williams to play the whole game

So what? We don't really have a true starting QB anyway. And if we did he guided us to 4-6 so far (like somebody above said). This TEAM is not about a QB. You didn't see that last week? We'd be favored if Lewis was starting.

Coach34
11-22-2013, 11:44 AM
So what? We don't really have a true starting QB anyway. And if we did he guided us to 4-6 so far (like somebody above said). This TEAM is not about a QB. You didn't see that last week? We'd be favored if Lewis was starting.

So having to play with your 3rd string QB- who is a true freshman mind you- doesnt matter at Miss State? We've crossed the l;ine to being that good and talented?

Good to know

scottycameron
11-22-2013, 11:48 AM
So having to play with your 3rd string QB- who is a true freshman mind you- doesnt matter at Miss State? We've crossed the l;ine to being that good and talented?

Good to know

Against Arkansas? Hell yeah.

sleepy dawg
11-22-2013, 11:51 AM
So what? Our 3rd string QB didn't get us to 4-6. He's not the only reason we are only a 2 pt favorite to the worst team in the sec. And if he is the only reason, well who put us in that situation? We beat this team by 31 last year. If we got that much worse in one year, then it supports my original observation. Because Arkansas damn sure isn't 29 points better than they were last year. And if home field is worth 29 points, then we should never play in the state of Arkansas again.

Home field probably accounts for about a 6 point swing for both teams. At Mizzou, OM would probably be about 8 point dog, and at home we would probably be about an 8 point favorite.

We bitch about a lot of bs on here... myself included. This is one of the more ridiculous bitching threads I've read.

Coach34
11-22-2013, 11:55 AM
We bitch about a lot of bs on here... myself included. This is one of the more ridiculous bitching threads I've read.

yep

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Pretending what? That was my argument the entire time and you know it. Ill be happy to copy and paste all the times I said it if you like
So if we had beaten #1 Bama last week and win out, this year would be worse than last year?

scottycameron
11-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Home field probably accounts for about a 6 point swing for both teams. At Mizzou, OM would probably be about 8 point dog, and at home we would probably be about an 8 point favorite.

Bullshit. We're solid double digit favorites if this game is at home. The whole not won in Arkansas thing has it hugely inflated.

CadaverDawg
11-22-2013, 12:34 PM

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs24/200H/i/2008/022/f/1/facepalm_gif_by_thatweirdo7.jpg

ED_Walk_On
11-22-2013, 05:38 PM

I can understand too. We are in year 5 with our coach. They are in year 1 and have two wins, but I understand why we are only 2 point favorites. And it is extremely sad for the direction of our program.

Coach34
11-22-2013, 06:53 PM
I can understand too. We are in year 5 with our coach. They are in year 1 and have two wins, but I understand why we are only 2 point favorites. And it is extremely sad for the direction of our program.

Still dont understand what year 5 has anything to do with it

PMDawg
11-22-2013, 10:22 PM

That's rich coming from you. Mr Standsbury sucks and Mullen can do no wrong. I don't have an agenda. I'm just making observations. I wish Mullen would win out, come back next year, and go 14-0. But based on what I've seen over the last 3 years, I know better. You will too before it's all said and done.