PDA

View Full Version : Dang!!! Did ya'll see the baseball season ticket sales??

State82
02-12-2022, 01:24 AM
Over 13,000! Dayummm! That is unprecedented in the history of college baseball.

Commercecomet24
02-12-2022, 01:37 AM
Yeah over 13k absolutely amazing! That's gotta be a record.

Todd4State
02-12-2022, 02:30 AM
Yeah the record for attendance of like 15K.

If we're good again and we probably will be I could potentially see the record falling when we play LSU or Auburn for SBW.

Assuming the fire marshall is off on Saturdays.**

Commercecomet24
02-12-2022, 02:38 AM

If we're good again and we probably will be I could potentially see the record falling when we play LSU or Auburn for SBW.

I meant record for season tickets sold. I know the on campus record is ours at over 15k and I believe 9 of the top 10 and maybe all 10 record attendance is ours. It's insane.

Todd4State
02-12-2022, 02:51 AM
I meant record for season tickets sold. I know the on campus record is ours at over 15k and I believe 9 of the top 10 and maybe all 10 record attendance is ours. It's insane.

I think what I was getting at was if those 13K show up and I'm assuming that they are (but maybe not as history has shown us) then the people that have to get the general admission tickets show up as well we're going to have some massive near record breaking crowds every weekend. Easily 12K as the norm.

Midweek will be interesting to me too. I don't expect those crowds to be much bigger than they normally are. Just because of the day of the week and the opponents. MSU does a good job of promoting those games to students, faculty, and locals.

It's unbelievable to me that I'm getting to see this. I always felt like we had more fan resources than any other school with only a few comparable- like LSU and Arkansas. But until we won a National Title I think there were always a segment of fans that doubted that we would ever win a National Title. Now that the glass ceiling is broken I think we're going to see what our real potential looks like.

Ranchdawg
02-12-2022, 06:56 AM
I believe the number announced was 13,039. Watch Ole Miss announce 13,050 for their season ticket sales.

OLJWales
02-12-2022, 07:53 AM
I too Todd was thinking "Can't believe I'm seeing this".

Never thought too much about yearly Season Ticket Stats till now. Would be interested now to get a gander at ours and other Blue Bloods.

starkvegasdawg
02-12-2022, 07:57 AM
I had thought there was a waiting list for season tickets. I never even looked into getting any.

dawgman
02-12-2022, 08:50 AM
confusing chairback and GA season tix. The chairback season tix are sold out and have been for years. There are GA/STANDING ROOM ONLY tix available.

I had thought there was a waiting list for season tickets. I never even looked into getting any.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-12-2022, 09:18 AM
I think Student season tickets count in that number as well.

Todd4State
02-12-2022, 12:10 PM
I believe the number announced was 13,039. Watch Ole Miss announce 13,050 for their season ticket sales.

Unfortunately for them they announced 8,000 as their season ticket sales.

I was wondering about that myself.

Commercecomet24
02-12-2022, 12:12 PM
I think what I was getting at was if those 13K show up and I'm assuming that they are (but maybe not as history has shown us) then the people that have to get the general admission tickets show up as well we're going to have some massive near record breaking crowds every weekend. Easily 12K as the norm.

Midweek will be interesting to me too. I don't expect those crowds to be much bigger than they normally are. Just because of the day of the week and the opponents. MSU does a good job of promoting those games to students, faculty, and locals.

It's unbelievable to me that I'm getting to see this. I always felt like we had more fan resources than any other school with only a few comparable- like LSU and Arkansas. But until we won a National Title I think there were always a segment of fans that doubted that we would ever win a National Title. Now that the glass ceiling is broken I think we're going to see what our real potential looks like.

I gotcha and I agree. Amazing to see!

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-12-2022, 12:19 PM

It?s Fire Marshal. One L.

Lord McBuckethead
02-12-2022, 12:24 PM

We need a solid season that gets us to hosting a regional and super. Anything beyond that is a great job following a national championship run.

99jc
02-12-2022, 12:48 PM
we need more chairback seating

calidawg
02-12-2022, 04:19 PM

Time to plan for expansion

KOdawg1
02-12-2022, 07:13 PM

Yep. There's a demand for it now that wasn't there a few years ago.

Dawgology
02-13-2022, 01:31 AM
It’s amazing what being really good in a sport will do for ticket sales. We should look into that with our others sports…

Todd4State
02-13-2022, 02:06 AM
We need a solid season that gets us to hosting a regional and super. Anything beyond that is a great job following a national championship run.

I completely agree. A Super Regional is my minimum expectation for our baseball program and really has been since 2011 for me. In 2014 and 2015 we had a hangover from 2013. I'm hopeful that doesn't happen or at least doesn't happen to the degree that it did.

Yep. There's a demand for it now that wasn't there a few years ago.

I'm interested to see how we actually show up. The ingredients are there for sure.

It’s amazing what being really good in a sport will do for ticket sales. We should look into that with our others sports…

That and completely investing in something while not making excuses. MSU fans have shown that they will show up for a winner. Happened in Women's basketball too. Interestingly enough our baseball program was about where football and basketball are now from 2001-2008. Why MSU doesn't invest more and show the same amount of effort for football I don't know.

MedDawg
02-14-2022, 12:39 PM

I think I read somewhere that we did something different with student tickets. Maybe we never sold season tickets to students until this year, I don't know.

I assume the 13,000+ will be our minimum paid attendance for every game this season. If so, we will easily be #1 in the country in attendance. We will still have walkup general admission purchases from non-season ticket holders, so I'd have to say our 15k record is in jeopardy for the biggest SEC Saturday games if we are winning (and win the Friday game and have good weather).

LSU has sold 10-11,000 or so season tickets since they built the New Box, but they can't really hold much more than that. Arkansas has expanded their stadium a little, but they averaged 8K+ attendance last year like we did, so I doubt they jump up to 13k. OM will improve from 8-9k to 10k paid average attendance.

NWADAWG
02-14-2022, 02:41 PM

I think baseball attendance #s are based on tickets sold and not actual butts in seats. So are we gonna announce 13k plus on a tuesday night game against southwestern alabama tech when there's a couple thousand actually there?

Todd4State
02-14-2022, 04:12 PM
I think baseball attendance #s are based on tickets sold and not actual butts in seats. So are we gonna announce 13k plus on a tuesday night game against southwestern alabama tech when there's a couple thousand actually there?

I believe we have been announcing paid and actual attendance separately for while now.

We only started because LSU and Bertman were lying about their numbers. And eventually Ole Miss did the same.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 04:22 PM
We only started because LSU and Bertman were lying about their numbers. And eventually Ole Miss did the same.

https://i.postimg.cc/c40PTCzy/ta-hell-with-them-fellas-buzzards-gotta-eat-same-as-the-worms-2.jpg

17 this site's embedding options. Never had problems before now / recently.

- Fixed - Scooba

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2022, 05:10 PM
We only started because LSU and Bertman were lying about their numbers. And eventually Ole Miss did the same.[/QUOTE

[![ta-hell-with-them-fellas-buzzards-gotta-eat-same-as-the-worms-2.jpg](https://i.postimg.cc/c40PTCzy/ta-hell-with-them-fellas-buzzards-gotta-eat-same-as-the-worms-2.jpg)](https://postimg.cc/0rXtykxc)

17 this site's embedding options. Never had problems before now / recently.

Maybe you should lay off the booze this early....
I don't even know where to start to tell ya how bad ya screwed it up.. I'll just fix it for ya.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 05:24 PM
Maybe you should lay off the booze this early....
I don't even know where to start to tell ya how bad ya screwed it up.. I'll just fix it for ya.

Not drinking (at dis time) but Pre Shate duh help. I go to postimages.org and snag a JPL Link then paste dat sumbitch and de-click the check mark. Been doing it for years now probs.

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2022, 05:55 PM
Not drinking (at dis time) but Pre Shate duh help. I go to postimages.org and snag a JPL Link then paste dat sumbitch and de-click the check mark. Been doing it for years now probs.

The problem isn't our site... or postimages. It looks like you selected the wrong link...
The direct link or thumbnail for forums is what you need.
Markdown isn't going to on any forums.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 06:42 PM
The problem isn't our site... or postimages. It looks like you selected the wrong link...
The direct link or thumbnail for forums is what you need.
Markdown isn't going to on any forums.

Preshate dat. Will remember the next time and give it a go.