PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like AU Will Keep Harsin

TrapGame
02-11-2022, 02:03 PM
This is as shitty as the Midnight Plane incident during Tubberville's tenure.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1492166893846896646?s=20&t=h9hyJX2VlxcYa0UZRLU38g

The AU fans are livid. He's their Joe Moorhead now.

Commercecomet24
02-11-2022, 02:12 PM
I'm glad they're keeping him. That place is in total chaos now. Well deserved by that bunch too!

EdwardDrayton
02-11-2022, 02:26 PM
Auburn handled this about as poorly as can be; wonder who the bright guy was who thought it a good idea to go public with any type of inquiry. Now puts Harsin in a terrible situation. Recruits are going to look at his tenure as uncertain at best; not great when you?re trying to convince them to come play for you. Would have been better for him and for Auburn if they had just fired him. But, no, they had to make a royal mess out of things instead.

HoopsDawg
02-11-2022, 02:37 PM
I'm glad they're keeping him. That place is in total chaos now. Well deserved by that bunch too!

Yep, this is good news for us.

TrapGame
02-11-2022, 02:49 PM
Yep, this is good news for us.

100% good news for us.

I've heard a lot of rumors that he is in total culture shock in Alabama. It ain't Idaho. He has huge issues with player morale too. Don't be surprised if the team quits on him early next season.

NCDawg
02-11-2022, 03:06 PM
100% good news for us.

I've heard a lot of rumors that he is in total culture shock in Alabama. It ain't Idaho. He has huge issues with player morale too. Don't be surprised if the team quits on him early next season.

Don't count on it. Just when you think they're dead in the water, they will come back and win the SEC. I learned a long time ago, don't count any team out. They still have quite a few good players and they played Alabama really tough this past year-in fact, should have beaten them.

SteelCurtain74
02-11-2022, 03:33 PM
I'm glad we get to play them later in the year. Harsin will have been fired or the team will have quit by then. Good chance they will have 5 or 6 losses by the time we play.

BrunswickDawg
02-11-2022, 03:37 PM
Don't count on it. Just when you think they're dead in the water, they will come back and win the SEC. I learned a long time ago, don't count any team out. They still have quite a few good players and they played Alabama really tough this past year-in fact, should have beaten them.

The Iron Bowl is like the Egg though - so much pride wrapped in that rivalry that anything can and will happen. You can't judge a team by that game most years

TrapGame
02-11-2022, 04:19 PM

That's old news now. He has piss poor morale in that locker room. NONE of the players came to his defense during this ordeal. Austin Davis said **** this and went back to the NFL. He saw the writing on the wall real quick. Derrick Mason took a $400K pay cut to go to Oklahoma State. They've got HUGE problems. And they know it. Some of the alums/boosters want Freeze and they are getting very vocal.

OLJWales
02-12-2022, 08:07 AM
Dude loses 18 to the portal & 5 Assistants Year ONE. Would definitely watch a30 minute sports documentary on this. "Plaines Nuked" is my initial name idea.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/terry-mohajir-former-arkansas-state-ad-during-bryan-harsins-tenure-fires-back-at-very-false-report/

AROB44
02-12-2022, 08:37 AM

👍👍

Leeshouldveflanked
02-12-2022, 09:55 AM
Leach, Masons Defense or Bo Nixs ankle broke Auburn?

Catfish
02-12-2022, 10:30 AM
They have a pretty tough schedule too. Harsin may be coaching for his job 'week to week.'

Activated Alpha
02-12-2022, 11:57 AM
I'm glad we get to play them later in the year. Harsin will have been fired or the team will have quit by then. Good chance they will have 5 or 6 losses by the time we play.

I wouldn't chalk this game up as an easy win. I've seen too many state football teams get beat by a coachless teams that rally's around after HC was fired.....

Dak Holliday
02-13-2022, 08:33 AM
Auburn boosters have pushed their program to the brink of collapse. They are actually worse than OM boosters. I have more respect for Harsin for standing his ground, but he is in a lose/lose situation. He?s coaching this year on principle and is as handcuffed as he can possibly be.

SteelCurtain74
02-13-2022, 09:05 AM
I wouldn't chalk this game up as an easy win. I've seen too many state football teams get beat by a coachless teams that rally's around after HC was fired.....

Where did I say that I was chalking this up as a easy win? I simply said I was glad we played them later in the year. Personally, I hope Harsin is still on the sidelines when we play.

TheLostDawg
02-14-2022, 09:19 AM
This is as shitty as the Midnight Plane incident during Tubberville's tenure.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1492166893846896646?s=20&t=h9hyJX2VlxcYa0UZRLU38g

The AU fans are livid. He's their Joe Moorhead now.

Big difference. Moorhead was a players coach and not a disciplinarian. Seems this is the other way around

TheLostDawg
02-14-2022, 09:23 AM
NONE of the players came to his defense during this ordeal.

That is incorrect. Mostly true but as a blanket statement, it's false. One I know in particular said they needed a coach and not a friend. Will be interesting to see if there are a lot more of those guys on the team and buy in. He might have pulled a Leach and ran all the soft ones out. TBD. However right now it doesn't look good for Harsin but if they have a lot of hard nosed guys that are mean and want to win, watch out

TrapGame
02-14-2022, 10:08 AM
Big difference. Moorhead was a players coach and not a disciplinarian. Seems this is the other way around

He's still a a sucky coach. Coaching at Boise St. did not prepare him for the grind of the SEC. Just like JoMo being an OC on a leash with Franklin did nothing to prepare him the SEC.

That is incorrect. Mostly true but as a blanket statement, it's false. One I know in particular said they needed a coach and not a friend. Will be interesting to see if there are a lot more of those guys on the team and buy in. He might have pulled a Leach and ran all the soft ones out. TBD. However right now it doesn't look good for Harsin but if they have a lot of hard nosed guys that are mean and want to win, watch out

1) Make up your damn mind. False or mostly true? If it's mostly true then it ain't false.

2) You just said he wasn't a players coach. And that doesn't support your false statement.

The Plains are on fire. Enjoy it.

OLJWales
02-14-2022, 04:48 PM
He's still a a sucky coach. Coaching at Boise St. did not prepare him for the grind of the SEC. Just like JoMo being an OC on a leash with Franklin did nothing to prepare him the SEC.

1) Make up your damn mind. False or mostly true? If it's mostly true then it ain't false.

2) You just said he wasn't a players coach. And that doesn't support your false statement.

The Plains are on fire. Enjoy it.

Claim: Man Went to Moon.

Fact Checker: Man also goes to Starbucks; Mostly False.