PDA

View Full Version : Old Dawg thoughts WBB

Jmsdawg
02-08-2022, 11:01 AM
As a avid fan of all things Mississippi State, I feel compelled to express my opinion in regard to this years Women Basketball team. I felt little hope for this year because I thought our glory days were behind us. Today I feel a sense of pride with the young ladies representing my university. These ladies may not be the most talented who have played for MSST but IMO, we have never had a team with more heart and desire to win. Thursday we play Florida and almost no one expects us to win. We may not win but I know these ladies are going to give us max effort. My hope is that the HUMP is overflowing with MSST fans, these ladies deserve all the support we can give them. GO GET THEM LADY DAWGS,

schddog72
02-08-2022, 07:23 PM
As a avid fan of all things Mississippi State, I feel compelled to express my opinion in regard to this years Women Basketball team. I felt little hope for this year because I thought our glory days were behind us. Today I feel a sense of pride with the young ladies representing my university. These ladies may not be the most talented who have played for MSST but IMO, we have never had a team with more heart and desire to win. Thursday we play Florida and almost no one expects us to win. We may not win but I know these ladies are going to give us max effort. My hope is that the HUMP is overflowing with MSST fans, these ladies deserve all the support we can give them. GO GET THEM LADY DAWGS,

This 100%!!!!!! But, I for one think that the lady dogs have an excellent chance to win tomorrow night. Would love to be there if I wasn't 8 hours away. In any event, I would love to see the Hump packed for this game.

Pancho
02-08-2022, 07:27 PM
then beat the sharks on sunday

RocketDawg
02-08-2022, 07:30 PM
This 100%!!!!!! But, I for one think that the lady dogs have an excellent chance to win tomorrow night. Would love to be there if I wasn't 8 hours away. In any event, I would love to see the Hump packed for this game.

The Lady Dogs game is Thursday night. The men play Tennessee tomorrow night.

Bothrops
02-08-2022, 10:54 PM
I wish we liked basketball as much as Arkansas. Their support is awesome.

99jc
02-09-2022, 07:15 AM

seriously.....if we won 10 in a row they would come. it's like comparing a flank steak with filet.

Maroonthirteen
02-09-2022, 07:40 AM

Mississippi and Arkansas are just two totally different places in regards to sports. 90% of native Arkansans are Razorback fans. Native Mississippians are Alabama, LSU, OleMiss, State, Auburn, USM, Memphis and random other school fans.

Oh... and NWA has population of approximately 500k.

Jmsdawg
02-09-2022, 09:55 AM
I share your belief that this team can beat Florida and I also would love to attend this game, however I am 80 years old and live in Florida, just to hard for me to travel now. I agree with Pancho really need to beat Ole Miss Sunday but that will be really hard to do. Bottom line, I love this team!

MaroonFlounder
02-09-2022, 01:49 PM
Novak should get the nod if he wants it.

He has connected with what's left of this team.

schddog72
02-09-2022, 07:18 PM
The Lady Dogs game is Thursday night. The men play Tennessee tomorrow night.

Oops, my bad; should have said Thursday night. But as long as we're talking about Wednesday night, why not pack the Hump vs UT??

Bothrops
02-09-2022, 11:14 PM
Mississippi and Arkansas are just two totally different places in regards to sports. 90% of native Arkansans are Razorback fans. Native Mississippians are Alabama, LSU, OleMiss, State, Auburn, USM, Memphis and random other school fans.

Oh... and NWA has population of approximately 500k.

I'm just thinking out of interest, not matching numbers with Arkansas. There was a time when our crowds were great and Starkville was a good bit smaller in those days.