PDA

View Full Version : Weekend scrimmage notes

AlSwearengen
02-06-2022, 07:38 PM
Per twitter/pod casts.
1. Kam James played some CF Saturday.
2. Jack Walker pitched well. I?m interested to see what this guy can do.
3. Brandon Smith pitched well.
4. Tanner Legget hit a walk off HR.
5. Looks like Cumbest has a bad hamstring right now.

HoopsDawg
02-06-2022, 07:58 PM
Per twitter/pod casts.
1. Kam James played some CF Saturday.
2. Jack Walker pitched well. I?m interested to see what this guy can do.
3. Brandon Smith pitched well.
4. Tanner Legget hit a walk off HR.
5. Looks like Cumbest has a bad hamstring right now.

Matt Corder is hitting well so far. He can play LF or RF if needed.

AlSwearengen
02-06-2022, 09:24 PM
Is Hunter Hines involved? I haven’t seen him mentioned but I haven’t seen or heard a lot of detailed information.

OLJWales
02-07-2022, 12:17 PM
For some reason I've always thought Cumbest was future MLB from the beginning of his recruitment days while others bitched at him about football. Anybody here think he can advance to the next level?

Commercecomet24
02-07-2022, 12:42 PM
For some reason I've always thought Cumbest was future MLB from the beginning of his recruitment days while others bitched at him about football. Anybody here think he can advance to the next level?

He'll be drafted based on his measurables but he has some work to do to make it in professional ball. His swing is long and with his long arms it sometimes gets WAY to long. He does have some potential but doubt he gets above AA ball. Not a knock on him at all but pro ball is tough and they exploit every hole you have.

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2022, 01:10 PM
He'll be drafted based on his measurables but he has some work to do to make it in professional ball. His swing is long and with his long arms it sometimes gets WAY to long. He does have some potential but doubt he gets above AA ball. Not a knock on him at all but pro ball is tough and they exploit every hole you have.

That description gives me flash backs to Dale Murphy - especially on curves down and away.

Commercecomet24
02-07-2022, 01:14 PM
That description gives me flash backs to Dale Murphy - especially on curves down and away.

Lol yeah ol Murph could get LONG! Just don't give him fbs over the plate or away. Dale could hit some bullets oppo on fbs away.

shoeless joe
02-08-2022, 03:56 PM

He’s got a slider speed bat and even when he cheats he’s still tardy on slightly above average gas. He has a longer version of macnamee’s swing.

That said if the right guy can get his hands on him at the pro level and some adjustments can be made he could have a pro career. He has some really good measurables to where clubs will think they can “fix” his flaws.