PDA

View Full Version : Looking like Hunt will play a big role

AlSwearengen
02-06-2022, 08:39 AM
Had what appears to be another dominant outing yesterday. Smith and Walling pitched again, along with Preston Johnson. Simms apparently didn?t pitch.

Did we have scrimmages during the week?

R2Dawg
02-06-2022, 09:33 AM
Hunt has a big arm. I think he certainly could be the nasty closer or key reliever.

WSOPdawg
02-06-2022, 12:13 PM
How did Walling look? What about Kohn, any word on him?

StarkVegasSteve
02-06-2022, 04:07 PM
KC will be the closer and will be like Landon in terms of how we?re going to bring him along. He will be in line to be a starter and,with a good next two years, a first round pick in ?23

Homedawg
02-06-2022, 09:40 PM
KC will be the closer and will be like Landon in terms of how we?re going to bring him along. He will be in line to be a starter and,with a good next two years, a first round pick in ?23

I'm not sure what of who you are talking about. Kc hunt is draft eligible this year....this is his third year

Todd4State
02-07-2022, 01:54 AM
How did Walling look? What about Kohn, any word on him?

Walling was unfortunately wild the other day. At this point if he is in the weekend rotation I would throw him on Sunday because Cade Smith has outperformed him so far. Kohn may not pitch a ton. I think he is more of midweek guy for us this year and maybe a LH reliever. He will be in the rotation in coming years.

Todd4State
02-07-2022, 01:57 AM
I'm not sure what of who you are talking about. Kc hunt is draft eligible this year....this is his third year

I think he is going to have a big year too. Whatever his role ends up being. He'll get drafted high for sure. I think he will have some leverage because he has his COVID year that didn't count I believe. We'll see what he commands in the draft and where he goes.

basedog
02-07-2022, 08:39 AM
Walling was unfortunately wild the other day. At this point if he is in the weekend rotation I would throw him on Sunday because Cade Smith has outperformed him so far. Kohn may not pitch a ton. I think he is more of midweek guy for us this year and maybe a LH reliever. He will be in the rotation in coming years.

Yes, consistency is important, Cade is a tough competitor.

Todd4State
02-07-2022, 09:26 AM
Yes, consistency is important, Cade is a tough competitor.

Especially in the SEC where most teams have a quality pitcher starting opposite of us.