PDA

View Full Version : What Novak is doing with this team is remarkable....

99jc
02-03-2022, 10:02 PM
Hire his ASS!

basedog
02-03-2022, 10:05 PM
Yes!

Offshore Dawg
02-03-2022, 10:08 PM
Put Kohl on a Cheeseburger and fries' diet !!!

Leeshouldveflanked
02-03-2022, 10:11 PM
This is too easy for Cohen. The most MSU thing ever would be for us to not hire him and he becomes the next Geno Auriemma.

MsuDawg4Life_10
02-03-2022, 10:29 PM
It?s been a fun season watching this Coach and these girls give it their all on the court.

Percho
02-04-2022, 12:58 AM
He knows his stuff.

https://www.coachdougnovak.com/coachingtools

Santiago
02-04-2022, 10:10 AM
This guy has landed in our lap, but some on 247 suggest Cohen may already have someone lined up. Novak has won over the team and the fans, and that should mean something.

NCMSTFAN
02-04-2022, 10:30 AM
This guy has landed in our lap, but some on 247 suggest Cohen may already have someone lined up. Novak has won over the team and the fans, and that should mean something.

Yea, about a week ago when Rickea left, Robbie Faulk of 247 said that Cohen would hit the ground hard looking for a replacement coach but didn't say anything about Novak. But he better keep Novak, I don't care what happens the rest of the season, keep Novak. I'm pretty knowledgeable about basketball and from everything I've seen and heard in press conferences, he really knows this sport..... very high basketball IQ. Imagine what he can do with a full roster and the talent that we look like we will have next season including Jessika Carter coming back

Jmsdawg
02-04-2022, 10:56 AM
I am not a fan on Cohen and believe his last WBB coach hire was a total failure but even he should consider Coach Novak as a real gem. Hire him before someone makes him an offer he can not refuse.

R2Dawg
02-04-2022, 02:44 PM
Cohen better not screw this open layup. Hire Novak.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2022, 02:48 PM

This one has fallen right in his lap. Gotta make it happen.

basedog
02-04-2022, 02:53 PM
This one has fallen right in his lap. Gotta make it happen.

I agree, not sure anyone else could have done a better job this year. I really like his demeanor on the sideline and how he handles himself with time outs. His passion to the players speaks for itself, the players are all in for him it seems!

Commercecomet24
02-04-2022, 02:56 PM
I agree, not sure anyone else could have done a better job this year. I really like his demeanor on the sideline and how he handles himself with time outs. His passion to the players speaks for itself, the players are all in for him it seems!

Agreed I see the same thing.

maroonmania
02-04-2022, 04:32 PM

It should happen but I doubt it will. Just going ahead and hiring Novak doesn't fit with Cohen's "have to be the smartest guy in the room" mentality. Guess we will see.

PGHBulldogBG
02-04-2022, 04:51 PM
Not hiring Novak would be an absolutely awful move by Cohen. He has led this team through a lot of adversity and has a winning record in the SEC and very likely could make the tournament. I?m sure he will probably not hire Novak and hire Rick Rays/ Joe Moorhead equivalent instead though. Novak could have as many NCAA tournament appearances at MSU in year 1 that Howland has in 7 with a severely depleted roster. Let that sink in

Pancho
02-04-2022, 05:13 PM
I wish he could coach both teams.......

Dawgology
02-04-2022, 05:20 PM
He needs to be our next mens basketball coach

Cowbell
02-04-2022, 05:44 PM

I wouldn't oppose

Santiago
02-04-2022, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't oppose

Start out as our WBB, but be the "coach in waiting" for MBB ***

maroonmania
02-04-2022, 10:49 PM

I'd be down with it. Appears to be a much better floor coach than Howland. Often said if Howland could recruit and someone else coach we would be better off.

Apoplectic
02-05-2022, 04:16 AM
Unpack ur bagZ NO-VAKKKK

Leeshouldveflanked
02-05-2022, 08:27 AM
It appears Novak may not want the WBB job that he wants to return to coaching men.

basedog
02-05-2022, 10:20 AM
It appears Novak may not want the WBB job that he wants to return to coaching men.

Where did you see or get this info or you just guessing?

StarkVegasSteve
02-05-2022, 12:17 PM
So I admittedly do not follow the women?s team much at all, but I have been very impressed listening to Novak in a couple of the press conferences I have watched. He?s not out there making excuses. Seems like he preaches a next man up mentality which is what you should want in a head coach. I think the main drawback in hiring Novak would be what connections does he have in the women?s game. Remember that he has only been on this side of the game for a couple of years. So you have to wonder if he has any relationships with AAU coaches on the women?s side. If not, he will have to rely very heavily on the portal for the first 2-3 years. Saying all that, if as an AD you can be comfortable with that then I think you hire him.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-05-2022, 01:46 PM
Where did you see or get this info or you just guessing?

Both Robbie and Steve have mentioned.

basedog
02-05-2022, 02:48 PM
Both Robbie and Steve have mentioned.

Not what I've heard or been told.

RocketDawg
02-05-2022, 03:03 PM
Hopefully Novak gets the offer and takes it.

schddog72
02-05-2022, 08:41 PM
I'd be down with it. Appears to be a much better floor coach than Howland. Often said if Howland could recruit and someone else coach we would be better off.

This was also said of Stans many times as well . . . . . .

schddog72
02-05-2022, 09:33 PM
This is too easy for Cohen. The most MSU thing ever would be for us to not hire him and he becomes the next Geno Auriemma.

Which makes it entirely likely that he'll screw it up. Cohen could screw up a one-car funeral and left to his own devices, he'll do exactly that. It will probably take intervention from Dr. Keenum for a cluster not to happen again. Of course, the wild card in the whole thing is whether Coach Novak wants the job at all. But, I'd absolutely be ok with him taking over the men's team as well.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-05-2022, 09:48 PM
Not what I've heard or been told.
Probably a lot of stuff is true that you haven?t been heard or told. Also a lot of stuff that you have heard or been told isnt true. I would be all for Novak being the coach and not let Cohen try to hire another coach.

PGHBulldogBG
02-05-2022, 10:53 PM

I?m fine with that move if he stays in Starkville

StarkVegasSteve
02-06-2022, 11:11 AM
Probably a lot of stuff is true that you haven?t been heard or told. Also a lot of stuff that you have heard or been told isnt true. I would be all for Novak being the coach and not let Cohen try to hire another coach.

Cohen hiring any coach in a sport outside of baseball truly terrifies me. Which is what scares me so much about this being it for Howland. Cohen very well could hire someone on Rick Ray level or worse. Hiring in college basketball is a crap shoot anyways and then add into that an AD who is not very well versed in anything outside of baseball and it is a recipe for disaster.

RocketDawg
02-06-2022, 01:21 PM
I?m fine with that move if he stays in Starkville

Sure, why not, especially if he doesn't want to coach women. He's obviously a good coach on the women's side which may actually be harder than coaching me.

maroonmania
02-06-2022, 01:31 PM
This was also said of Stans many times as well . . . . . .

Stans was no great floor coach but he was better than Howland. At least Stans would play different styles and make in game adjustments. Howland does virtually nothing. We just do the crap we do every game and hope that it works out.

schddog72
02-06-2022, 08:15 PM
Stans was no great floor coach but he was better than Howland. At least Stans would play different styles and make in game adjustments. Howland does virtually nothing. We just do the crap we do every game and hope that it works out.

This; totally agree.

Commercecomet24
02-06-2022, 08:19 PM

Yep been the same since he's been here. Every game plays out pretty much the same.