PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Hank Flick

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 10:53 AM
read something on fwtct.com earlier today talking about bringing Hank Flick back to do the Egg Bowl and the USM game next year. I think we should, I miss him doing the games. He's a lot better than the generic sounding guy they have had since him. If they did bring him back he would only make the atmosphere better. Just wondering your guys thoughts...could this happen? and would ya'll want it too?

TheRef
11-21-2013, 10:54 AM
"First downnn, BULLDOGS!!!"

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 10:56 AM
"First downnn, BULLDOGS!!!"

I can just hear it now.....'' Hello and welcome to davis wade stadium and scott field. Today's game is between the University of Mississippi Rebels aaaannnnnnnndddd the BULLDOGS OF MISSSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY''

TheRef
11-21-2013, 10:58 AM
I can just hear it now.....'' Hello and welcome to davis wade stadium and scott field. Today's game is between the University of Mississippi Rebels aaaannnnnnnndddd the BULLDOGS OF MISSSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY''

CLANGACLANGACLANGACLANGA. And now for the starting lineups...

TheRef
11-21-2013, 10:59 AM
If he comes back to doing PA in the Hump I will be in heaven.

"To the HUMP! Forrrrrrrrr HOOPS!!! And welcome to Humphrey Coliseum on the campus of Mississippi State University for this matchup between the University of Mississippi Rebels.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the BULLDOGS of Mississippi State University!!!"

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 11:00 AM
CLANGACLANGACLANGACLANGA. And now for the starting lineups...

They should really really bring him back the place would go nuts if they did next Thursday

Original48
11-21-2013, 11:05 AM
If he comes back to doing PA in the Hump I will be in heaven.

"To the HUMP! Forrrrrrrrr HOOPS!!! And welcome to Humphrey Coliseum on the campus of Mississippi State University for this matchup between the University of Mississippi Rebels.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the BULLDOGS of Mississippi State University!!!"

Don't forget ...And welcome to Humphrey Coliseum on the campus of Mississippi State University for an evening of baaaaaaaasketball....Mississippi State style! this matchup between the University of Mississippi Rebels.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the BULLDOGS of Mississippi State University!!!"

TheRef
11-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Don't forget ...And welcome to Humphrey Coliseum on the campus of Mississippi State University for an evening of baaaaaaaasketball....Mississippi State style! this matchup between the University of Mississippi Rebels.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the BULLDOGS of Mississippi State University!!!"

How silly of me to forget that....*facepalm*

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Have no idea why Byrne ran him off

BulldogBear
11-21-2013, 11:10 AM
That would kind of have that "going home for the holidays" feeling!

messageboardsuperhero
11-21-2013, 11:11 AM

I love that. Man, I wish we could at least bring him back for basketball.

TheRef
11-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Favorite Hank Flick moments....go!

Mine has to be the Ole Miss basketball games when the whole student section would recite his montra in unison.

sleepy dawg
11-21-2013, 12:09 PM
I will probably get lambasted for saying this, but I'm glad Flick is gone. Flick's voice sucked for PA. His style was chaotic. He was nothing more than a novelty and a joke.
We used to sit in the basketball games just laughing at the stuff he said and how he said it. I'm glad we have a normal PA guy now.

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 12:11 PM
I will probably get lambasted for saying this, but I'm glad Flick is gone. Flick's voice sucked for PA. His style was chaotic. He was nothing more than a novelty and a joke.
We used to sit in the basketball games just laughing at the stuff he said and how he said it. I'm glad we have a normal PA guy now.

BOOOOOOOOOOO

biscuit
11-21-2013, 12:26 PM
He was the BEST! I loved in hoops when Horatio was playing...."ALLLLL ABOARD" (crowd) CHOO_CHOO

drummerdawg
11-21-2013, 12:29 PM

I agree about football, but basketball he was the best and wish he would come back for that.

FlabLoser
11-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Have no idea why Byrne ran him off

The program was a dumpster fire in need of re-branding. New logos, new everything. Companies change spokesmen like they change their shorts when the brand needs to be refreshed. I get it.

Still miss Hank though.

FlabLoser
11-21-2013, 12:38 PM
That would kind of have that "going home for the holidays" feeling!

I see what you did there.

CJDAWG85
11-21-2013, 12:42 PM
We loved ol Hank... We would lose it when his voice would crack...

slickdawg
11-21-2013, 12:47 PM
"For an evening of baaaaaaaasssssssketball, MISSISSIPPI STATE STYLE" - awesome days

AROB44
11-21-2013, 12:51 PM
The Hump has never been the same........bringing him back is really a no brainer. But then...it would require someone with brains to bring him back. Oh well....guess it will never happen then.

FlabLoser
11-21-2013, 12:56 PM
I heard Hank quit basketball after being angry over being booted from football.

maroonmania
11-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Bring him back. The alternative has been pathetic. Getting rid of Flick was probably the worst move Byrne ever made as the AD.

Ghost of Hank Flick
11-21-2013, 03:38 PM
I agree. Bring him back! MSU basketball hasn't been the same since he was fired....hence the ghost of Hank Flick.

Barking 13
11-21-2013, 03:46 PM
did you guys see the interview in the reflector? Somebody posted a link to something else yesterday and on the side bar it had an interview with him.. interesting guy...

tcdog70
11-21-2013, 05:17 PM
He was the BEST! I loved in hoops when Horatio was playing...."ALLLLL ABOARD" (crowd) CHOO_CHOO

THE BIG TRAIN!!

justinrsutton
11-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Link: http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2013/11/21/5129152/mississippi-state-bulldogs-football-davis-wade-stadium-atmopshere-hank-flick-pa

trob115
11-21-2013, 10:23 PM
I heard Hank quit basketball after being angry over being booted from football.
True. I also have heard he has a screw lose up top in the old dome.