PDA

View Full Version : Coaching

Percho
02-02-2022, 03:20 PM
Will NIL effect coaching? Will players have be handled as commodities rather than as young men who need to be mentored to grow into all that they can be?

How is this going to effect taking mama's boys under your tutelage?

Hot Rock
02-02-2022, 03:41 PM
Absolutely, to some degree. There will be guys that could have developed and leave. It is just football though. They can work at real jobs like the rest of us.

Catfish
02-02-2022, 04:04 PM
Scenario: Some coaches will be packing their bags. Look at the NBA, a star player or players don't like the coach then the coach will be out. Big money NIL players will control the program. I hope it doesn't come to this but.......

BrunswickDawg
02-02-2022, 04:17 PM
I think before it gets much further down the road, the Coaches will push the universities/NCAA to establish more rules about NIL so it does not become a booster free-for-all. The coaches will see really quickly how money will rot the locker room and they will want something done to allow them to maintain control.

It is changing the landscape of what Coaches talk about though - a couple of friends were at a big UGA Bulldog Club event last night in Athens. Said Kirby openly asked for "opportunities for our players" thru NIL, and that a Bulldog Club exec asked if they were interested in paying a player to be a "spokesman".

StarkVegasSteve
02-02-2022, 05:06 PM
Scenario: Some coaches will be packing their bags. Look at the NBA, a star player or players don't like the coach then the coach will be out. Big money NIL players will control the program. I hope it doesn't come to this but.......

It will be an interesting scenario if it comes to fruition. The university will have to decide do they want to pay a 30-40 million dollar buyout to a coaching staff or do they want to risk losing a star player who could bring exposure to the program. They will have to decide how much that exposure would be worth. But with the way coaching salaries are today I feel like universities are always going to side with coaches.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-02-2022, 05:13 PM
10 years from now if College Football is still around the same 4-5 big programs will still be at the top of the heap. What MSU has to decide is how far up the heap they want to be and will they be committed to doing what is required to get there.