PDA

View Full Version : Heath to TSUN - do we care?

DeltaSwamp
02-02-2022, 03:07 PM
He's been less than stellar. I see a lot of people are worked up on social media - but I just don't think I care or what we should care. Take our scraps black bears - cool.

Sorry if posted elsewehre - I did a quick scan and didnt see it

Homedawg
02-02-2022, 03:18 PM
No. He didn't have a choice to return here....

DeltaSwamp
02-02-2022, 03:19 PM
O wow, missed that! His tweet makes a little more sense now thank you

CJDAWG85
02-02-2022, 03:21 PM
Lots of off the field issues.

KOdawg1
02-02-2022, 03:22 PM
Nope. Best of luck to him.

Activated Alpha
02-02-2022, 03:32 PM
Meh, but the pessimistic side of me can see him go all DK Metcalf on us in the Egg Bowl....wouldn't that be effing sour grapes added to the Leach punch bowl

Cloak
02-02-2022, 03:37 PM
I know Heath pretty well. There are some stories I could tell you that would explain how good of a fit he is at ole miss.

DeltaSwamp
02-02-2022, 03:41 PM
I know Heath pretty well. There are some stories I could tell you that would explain how good of a fit he is at ole miss.

go on . . .

FISHDAWG
02-02-2022, 04:02 PM
I won't miss him .... he gave us a bad look when he kicked the Tulsa player .... and then ran like a frightened little bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5AgTeZnwJQ

Dawgology
02-02-2022, 04:58 PM
go on . . .

Dude was a mess. This last wreck changed everything.

Good luck to him.

Dawgology
02-02-2022, 05:00 PM

Same. I wanted him to work out but this last event made everything a non-starter for me personally. Good luck to him.

BuckyIsAB****
02-02-2022, 06:31 PM
They will sell it but they didnt win that one

viverlibre
02-02-2022, 07:58 PM
He's been less than stellar. I see a lot of people are worked up on social media - but I just don't think I care or what we should care. Take our scraps black bears - cool.

His talent, in spurts, is suburb. If we told him to go elsewhere, (coupled with losing Polk) we have the dumbest coaching staff in America.

If we told that white dude, who every time he fields a punt it looks like it's his first time, he could come back and Malik he couldn't, Lord helps us.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-02-2022, 08:09 PM
His talent, in spurts, is suburb.

His talent isn’t suburb. It’s inner city. He ain’t Madison. He’s Jackson. (Maybe you meant superb)

CaptainObvious
02-02-2022, 08:17 PM
His talent isn’t suburb. It’s inner city. He ain’t Madison. He’s Jackson. (Maybe you meant superb)

At no point was he superb, nor was his talent. He was very good depth and that is about it. RARA Thomas will be our next WR Star! He needs more plays and now he will get them.

Commercecomet24
02-02-2022, 08:24 PM
At no point was he superb, nor was his talent. He was very good depth and that is about it. RARA Thomas will be our next WR Star! He needs more plays and now he will get them.

Yeah RaRa had already passed Heath and with the transfer WRs and signees Heath would've been way down the depth chart(and probably will be at om too).

Dude had his chances but didn't make it happen.

BuckyIsAB****
02-02-2022, 08:26 PM
His talent, in spurts, is suburb. If we told him to go elsewhere, (coupled with losing Polk) we have the dumbest coaching staff in America.

If we told that white dude, who every time he fields a punt it looks like it's his first time, he could come back and Malik he couldn't, Lord helps us.

If you would rather have Malik Heath over Austin Williams, Lord help you

Commercecomet24
02-02-2022, 08:28 PM
If you would rather have Malik Heath over Austin Williams, Lord help you

Yeah Austin makes those tough catches over the middle and is a first down maker.

MaroonFlounder
02-02-2022, 08:44 PM
How concerned are we that Malik will be talking with Lane about inside info regarding our program?

MSU gave Malik multiple chances, and now he's gonna F##k us.

KOdawg1
02-02-2022, 08:57 PM
How concerned are we that Malik will be talking with Lane about inside info regarding our program?

Lol no he's not.

viverlibre
02-02-2022, 09:01 PM
Yeah Austin makes those tough catches over the middle and is a first down maker.

He reminds me of Jason Whitten in his latter years, catch the ball and falls down (unless it's a punt and he'll likely screw it up), but Austin is not and will never be a game breaker/changer, Malik had that potential and showed it at times.

You think Austin is going to catch a fade in the endzone to win agame? Not a hardly, the DB will be on him like a fat kid on a candy bar. Malik has the potential to catch that fade.

MedDawg
02-02-2022, 09:04 PM

That "white dude" had 18 more catches than Malik in 2021.

Commercecomet24
02-02-2022, 09:10 PM
He reminds me of Jason Whitten in his latter years, catch the ball and falls down (unless it's a punt and he'll likely screw it up), but Austin is not and will never be a game breaker/changer, Malik had that potential and showed it at times.

You think Austin is going to catch a fade in the endzone to win agame? Not a hardly, the DB will be on him like a fat kid on a candy bar. Malik has the potential to catch that fade.

That's not Williams job. Williams is a possession receiver who makes tough catches and makes a ton of first downs, exactly like Jason Witten,good comp. You surely can't believe every receiver on every team is a game breaker do you? They have specific jobs, Williams job is to go across the middle and make tough catches and move the chains something Heath would never do cause he's scared of contact. I've seen him short arm half a dozen balls. Williams helps our offense move, Heath wasted his talent,huge difference

RiverDawg
02-02-2022, 09:40 PM
So embarrassed for you.

Matt3467
02-02-2022, 09:47 PM

Ehh give me sure hands. That's been a rare commodity at State over the years.

viverlibre
02-02-2022, 09:50 PM
That's not Williams job. Williams is a possession receiver who makes tough catches and makes a ton of first downs, exactly like Jason Witten,good comp. You surely can't believe every receiver on every team is a game breaker do you? They have specific jobs, Williams job is to go across the middle and make tough catches and move the chains something Heath would never do cause he's scared of contact. I've seen him short arm half a dozen balls. Williams helps our offense move, Heath wasted his talent,huge difference

The difference is that Austin can ONLY do that, and he's terrible at returning punts.

People face it, he didn't go down, he didn't go to USM or DSU, he actually went to (what is currently a) better program. I bet you UM wouldn't take Austin.

RezDog7
02-02-2022, 09:57 PM
The difference is that Austin can ONLY do that, and he's terrible at returning punts.

People face it, he didn't go down, he didn't go to USM or DSU, he actually went to (what is currently a) better program. I bet you UM wouldn't take Austin.

Holy shit. Heath wasn't allowed to come back to MSU even when he asked.

Commercecomet24
02-02-2022, 10:00 PM

And that's Austin's job is to make first downs and Heath doesn't return punts so I don't even know why you mention that. Heath wasted his talent after multiple opportunities, Williams made the most of his. Face it he was passed here by a true freshman among others and would've been buried on the depth charts just like he will at om. Sorry you can't see what everyone including the coaches sees

Commercecomet24
02-02-2022, 10:04 PM

Exactly!

Pancho
02-02-2022, 10:10 PM
But Malik was realy good at waving his arms when he got a first down so that we all noticed. Of course he might have dropped the previous 3 and he has wasted himself by taking plays off.

viverlibre
02-02-2022, 10:11 PM
And that's Austin's job is to make first downs and Heath doesn't return punts so I don't even know why you mention that. Heath wasted his talent after multiple opportunities, Williams made the most of his. Face it he was passed here by a true freshman among others and would've been buried on the depth charts just like he will at om. Sorry you can't see what everyone including the coaches sees

Lane musta saw something? At this point, no one would argue that Leach is a better coach than Lane.

StateDawg44
02-02-2022, 10:13 PM

Loose lips, sink pirate ships***

ETA: That dude isn't smart enough to use what he knows against Leach. Lulz

Pancho
02-02-2022, 10:13 PM
He's a spot filler for now. They are still pursuing other WR's who are better than him but they probably won't arrive til after the semester.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-02-2022, 10:41 PM
Malik look like Tarzan play like Jane.

KOdawg1
02-02-2022, 10:42 PM

Holy racism Batman

Homedawg
02-02-2022, 11:02 PM

Uh huh.... maybe, .. Nevermind.

MaroonFlounder
02-02-2022, 11:03 PM
Malik look like Tarzan play like Jane.

He may not do anything noteworthy in any games for the sharks...

But that mf will carry the gold Egg around that shit stadium in north ms and rub our faces in it.

Homedawg
02-02-2022, 11:03 PM

They know everything about us. We know everything about them. Is what it is...

Homedawg
02-02-2022, 11:04 PM

Your first sentence had an important word- catches the ball-......

Homedawg
02-02-2022, 11:06 PM

This guy gets it

Dak Holliday
02-03-2022, 12:09 AM
I really thought Heath was going to be extremely good coming out of JuCo as a 4 star. It?s like he never really clicked with us. Could have been due to the amount of zone we saw. Oh, well.

bobcat91
02-03-2022, 12:29 AM

But that mf will carry the gold Egg around that shit stadium in north ms and rub our faces in it.

NOT when they get their ass kicked in Oxford. Some of you must be drinking OM koolaid

Leeshouldveflanked
02-03-2022, 05:34 AM

Oh I?m 100% sure of that, Leach starts thinking about Key West when the first frost hits.

Pancho
02-03-2022, 06:31 AM
he seemed to handle blizzards well @ WSU so.........should he flank more too?

PCHSDawg
02-03-2022, 07:50 AM
Oh I?m 100% sure of that, Leach starts thinking about Key West when the first frost hits.

You don't stray from your agenda do you?

Johnson85
02-03-2022, 09:21 AM

I don't know people care. I would have been fine with him coming back. He obviously has talent and looked like he was inching closer to maybe utilizing it. But most likely he would have been just another receiver for us, and one that took snaps away from a younger receiver that is just as effective and can help us in the future too.

I would have preferred that he not go to ole miss, but that's really not a big deal.

starkvegasdawg
02-03-2022, 09:54 AM
17 him. If he has bad enough sense to go there then he's the last person I want on our team.

Jack Lambert
02-03-2022, 10:31 AM
This is nothing but a PR move for Ole Miss. Plain and simple.

662dawg
02-03-2022, 10:47 AM
This is nothing but a PR move for Ole Miss. Plain and simple.

Bingo.

BiscuitEater
02-03-2022, 10:52 AM

You mean the guy that caught EVERY punt he was supposed to and didn't have a single fumble .. first time in OVER thirty years without a punt returner having a fumble, black or white!

Vandownbytheriver
02-03-2022, 01:02 PM
The Twitter announcement from him is pretty entertaining. Lots of crawfishing from OM folks who bashed him for Lionel Messing that dude from Tulsa.

KentuckyDawg13
02-03-2022, 01:42 PM
nm

Tripp McNeely
02-03-2022, 02:10 PM
There's a guy that was on our roster, who was at best 2nd team, who transferred there to likely start...nah, I don't care

EdwardDrayton
02-03-2022, 03:14 PM
OK what are the facts regarding Heath. Was he told his scholarship would not be renewed or was the decision to leave his.

Dak Holliday
02-03-2022, 03:21 PM
The Twitter announcement from him is pretty entertaining. Lots of crawfishing from OM folks who bashed him for Lionel Messing that dude from Tulsa.

Props on the Messi reference

CaptainObvious
02-03-2022, 04:46 PM
Seems your question was answered 53 times.

Johnson85
02-03-2022, 05:03 PM
You mean the guy that caught EVERY punt he was supposed to and didn't have a single fumble .. first time in OVER thirty years without a punt returner having a fumble, black or white!

Who are you referring to? I don't think Malik caught a lot of punts? And Williams muffed at least one. It's possible he didn't touch it and it was a bad call, but if so, that's still his fault because he acted like he muffed it.

EdwardDrayton
02-03-2022, 05:12 PM
Seems your question was answered 53 times.

And still no clear answer even from he who professes to be, well, you know

confucius say
02-03-2022, 05:17 PM
Don't care. Good luck to the kid outside of football. Hope he figures life out.

RiverCityDawg
02-03-2022, 05:29 PM
And still no clear answer even from he who professes to be, well, you know

He had been saying he was going pro, so the coaches planned a future without him. He gets in the car wreck, changes his mind, and the coaches basically say "oh, well, you said you were leaving so we moved on without you... Good luck somewhere else though."

EdwardDrayton
02-03-2022, 05:55 PM
He had been saying he was going pro, so the coaches planned a future without him. He gets in the car wreck, changes his mind, and the coaches basically say "oh, well, you said you were leaving so we moved on without you... Good luck somewhere else though."

Thanks River. Just lately haven?t been able to follow along regularly to pick up all the pieces to the story. Thanks again.

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2022, 06:23 PM

Austin Williams has more TDs, catches and yards than Heath had. Again, it is not even close as to who I would want

Commercecomet24
02-03-2022, 06:30 PM
Austin Williams has more TDs, catches and yards than Heath had. Again, it is not even close as to who I would want

Really not hard to understand is it.

R2Dawg
02-03-2022, 06:36 PM
Heath fits OM, just like Jones and Lovett

viverlibre
02-04-2022, 12:53 PM

Might want to check your facts there big hoss, last season Malik had 5 TDs, Austin had 4. Mailk averaged more YPC (the most on the team of any player with significant receptions - more than 20) and had the longest play of the year. These are different players; one is a big play guy, one is a possession receiver, both have their roles. With the departure of Polk, we need all the SEC caliber WRs we can get (considering how many WRs that are required to run this offense). We signed one 4 star high school WR, the rest are 3 star, we have not idea how they will pan out. Let's hope the Rara and/or Walley step up to fill the number one spot left by Polk, we have our possession guy (Austin), we need a bunch of number 3, 4 and 5 WRs that can play in the SEC.

Dak Holliday
02-04-2022, 05:01 PM
Might want to check your facts there big hoss, last season Malik had 5 TDs, Austin had 4. Mailk averaged more YPC (the most on the team of any player with significant receptions - more than 20) and had the longest play of the year. These are different players; one is a big play guy, one is a possession receiver, both have their roles. With the departure of Polk, we need all the SEC caliber WRs we can get (considering how many WRs that are required to run this offense). We signed one 4 star high school WR, the rest are 3 star, we have not idea how they will pan out. Let's hope the Rara and/or Walley step up to fill the number one spot left by Polk, we have our possession guy (Austin), we need a bunch of number 3, 4 and 5 WRs that can play in the SEC.

I think with losing Polk, losing Heath is a bigger deal than it would be otherwise. Hopefully our transfer guys catch on and adapt well. I think playing against a ton of zone is a hard transition for WRs. Man to man, they know where the defender is. Zone, they find themselves wondering where the hit will come from and can drop the ball in anticipation of getting hit.

Pancho
02-04-2022, 05:07 PM
True Dak, and combine taking plays off and it's a lose your spot to the next guy deal.

WhiskeyPirate
02-04-2022, 05:21 PM
Heath was inconsistent and showed flashes but then disappeared. Meh WR is deepest position on the team.

was21
02-04-2022, 05:35 PM
We should. Looking at it on the surface simply gives a negative image for State. The details don't matter. It sucks.

viverlibre
02-04-2022, 05:36 PM
Heath was inconsistent and showed flashes but then disappeared. Meh WR is deepest position on the team.

True but outside of three or four returning from last year, we don't know how many are going to pan out to be SEC caliber.

was21
02-04-2022, 05:38 PM
..and a PR move that works...that's all that counts.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2022, 05:47 PM

This and on top of that he didn't block, shied away from contact and to many drops, plus he was passed by a true freshman. Also the fact we have 5 returning wrs that had 20+ catches, 1 with 18 and 2 others that saw significant playing time, plus 2 4 star transfers and some good signees we are pretty dang deep there.

viverlibre
02-04-2022, 08:03 PM
This and on top of that he didn't block, shied away from contact and to many drops, plus he was passed by a true freshman. Also the fact we have 5 returning wrs that had 20+ catches, 1 with 18 and 2 others that saw significant playing time, plus 2 4 star transfers and some good signees we are pretty dang deep there.

Both transfers are rated as 3 star transfers by 24/7 (4 star out of HS). Malik is the same, 3 star transfer, 4 star out of high school. Only one WR high school signee is a 4 star, the rest are 3, in other words not a highly touted signee class.

Saltydog
02-04-2022, 08:06 PM
Deleted........

Saltydog
02-04-2022, 08:10 PM

Potential is overrated. It's just a fancy word that means you haven't done it yet.

Todd4State
02-04-2022, 08:13 PM

He also completely gave up on routes at times. There were a couple of times where Will threw the ball and to no one was there and it would have been a touchdown had Heath finished out his route.

Todd4State
02-04-2022, 08:14 PM
Both transfers are rated as 3 star transfers by 24/7 (4 star out of HS). Malik is the same, 3 star transfer, 4 star out of high school. Only one WR high school signee is a 4 star, the rest are 3, in other words not a highly touted signee class.

Yeah. I'll trust Kirby Smart over Steve who the f*** are you Whitfong.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2022, 08:23 PM

I notice how you left out mentioning the depth we have returning. Heath had his chance and he failed. It is what it is.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2022, 08:24 PM
He also completely gave up on routes at times. There were a couple of times where Will threw the ball and to no one was there and it would have been a touchdown had Heath finished out his route.

Yeah Heaths give a dang was broke. He half asses it to much way to much.

Todd4State
02-04-2022, 09:01 PM
Yeah Heaths give a dang was broke. He half asses it to much way to much.

His fumble against LSU being exhibit A. Has the talent to play in the NFL. But like you said he's too lazy. Probably will end up as a practice squad guy in the NFL at best.

PikeDawg15
02-04-2022, 10:13 PM
I?m not too concerned about losing Heath , he is coming off a bad car wreck and we should be ok there anyway .

Ole miss is just spinning this as a flip instead of a split like it was . Nobody would be talking about Malik Heath if he went anywhere but ole miss.

17 him

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-05-2022, 05:06 PM
When I think of Heath, I think of the :23 second mark. Epitomizes everything about him to me. Right down to the kick in the Tulsa post game. And it looked like he got more pleasure out of his Instagram post of his kick and run like a little bitch than any TD he ever caught. I didn't mind one bit losing him and take great pleasure that he ended up where he did. Let Kiffin babysit him for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY9y7LCGDrA

Homedawg
02-05-2022, 07:51 PM

We he wakes in the morning...