PDA

View Full Version : Washington football team

starkvegasdawg
02-02-2022, 09:00 AM
Will now be known as the Commanders. I'm waiting to see how long before someone declares this offensive, too.

Extendedcab
02-02-2022, 09:05 AM
It's offensive!!! ***

BeardoMSU
02-02-2022, 09:13 AM
I'm waiting to see how long before someone declares this offensive, too.

Not if we all say it with an Italian accent.**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF9fawPNyPw&ab_channel=chrissy%2Ctheloylecapo

Tater
02-02-2022, 09:45 AM
Release Snyder's Emails

Quaoarsking
02-02-2022, 10:25 AM
Should've picked something cool, like with a dragon, dinosaur, sci-fi, or fantasy theme. Oh well.

Tater
02-02-2022, 10:30 AM
Washington Commies? This would have never happened in Reagan's America **** Glad to see DC is being transparent about who they are *****

Irondawg
02-02-2022, 10:34 AM
Why does it not surprise me that?s the best something in Washington could come up with.

TrapGame
02-02-2022, 11:32 AM
Stupid name. Not a lot of thought in that one.

Pancho
02-02-2022, 12:25 PM
command what?

OLJWales
02-02-2022, 01:31 PM
Washington Five.
Representing the number of Redskin Fans who supported change.

Pancho
02-02-2022, 07:13 PM
Commanders are in charge and boss people around by force. This name is offensive but maybe it suits the woke.

Offshore Dawg
02-02-2022, 07:44 PM
Somebody on here came up with foreskins to replace redskins

OLJWales
02-02-2022, 08:19 PM
Somebody on here came up with foreskins to replace redskins

I've been calling them foreskins forever.

Commercecomet24
02-02-2022, 08:30 PM
Snyder is a joke and has turned a once proud organization into a joke. The name selection is just another mistake by him. Commanders? Really, smh

chef dixon
02-03-2022, 10:14 AM
Washington Football Team was growing on me

Dak Holliday
02-03-2022, 10:58 AM
Should?ve gone with Washington Redskin Potatoes. Everyone loves redskin potatoes. 😂

Leroy Jenkins
02-03-2022, 10:59 AM
As long as they stay away from my Red Man chewing tobacco.

https://www.northerner.com/media/catalog/product/cache/f87b89ef985437fa12e04920769ef163/r/e/red_man_golden_blend_feb_2020.jpg

OLJWales
02-03-2022, 11:43 AM
Washington Football Team was growing on me

Yep. Kinda reminded me of "New York FOOTBALL Giants"

parabrave
02-03-2022, 12:40 PM
Snyder is a joke and has turned a once proud organization into a joke. The name selection is just another mistake by him. Commanders? Really, smh

The FEDEX guy is in charge yup there now. With all the \front office problems they had Synder just signs checks.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2022, 12:42 PM
The FEDEX guy is in charge yup there now. With all the \front office problems they had Synder just signs checks.

Still a mess lol

MagicDawg
02-03-2022, 01:11 PM
They went from tying their team's identity to fierce native warriors to identifying instead with the invading European military leaders who conquered them?

You can't make this stuff up. I would almost be entertained by this continuing circus if they weren't actually trying to implement policies that negatively affect mature, taxpaying adults.

Pancho
02-03-2022, 01:15 PM
Total woke attempt.

Dak Holliday
02-04-2022, 06:23 PM
I wonder if they had just gone with Washington Warriors if they?d have been able to keep the logo. It was one of my favorites. Just lose the negative connotation and replace it with a positive one.

parabrave
02-04-2022, 07:33 PM
If they would have gone back to this

https://www.google.com/search?q=1971+Washington+redskins+helmet&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=APq-WBunYlx_XC3os57O9Ox5P63RMiQFqA:1644021150248&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&vet=1&fir=fKaPjEnAxe1-BM%252C7z4zMbR6Um87GM%252C_%253BuJ_eRbJMUOWFcM%252 CV3nti_-3Owp_TM%252C_%253BhovXCD7jQQAvYM%252C4IqvM1LBH0wDN M%252C_%253Bpxs5P_esl-H_aM%252CV3nti_-3Owp_TM%252C_%253Be4IZrMYUkRQ0LM%252C7z4zMbR6Um87G M%252C_%253BRs7CUDXg6q5a0M%252CZjLNlqORa_lizM%252C _%253BJIRA6meC9xj19M%252CV3nti_-3Owp_TM%252C_%253B6Nk1gSa3WamjRM%252CkfAEOaaueL1K2 M%252C_%253BWEvutcSxmCvrZM%252CutZ0AH0R5jhU_M%252C _%253B3BSjgdwBC6ipPM%252C7z4zMbR6Um87GM%252C_%253B 4lYX5_RqZupmMM%252CqpcaflesWTK_dM%252C_%253BsDjLoz o0ZPokVM%252C97N90ryYy678VM%252C_%253B2rqVjkvYyNrN NM%252Cd5ghNOrHTUbwLM%252C_%253BtqoXYGLXi_1J4M%252 CrY6REiK-BTEaEM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kQSZbsxXm8dBe1_kjfv4z3mxQSu9w&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjWhqeFqOf1AhUYlGoFHW4ND7EQ9QF6BAgKEAE#i mgrc=uJ_eRbJMUOWFcM

or this things might have been reverted. The org started as the Boston Redskins and were named to go after the Boston Braves

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRDCKlWDDxXvfPpBoID7_Ii2D1t0AVV adw4w&usqp=CAU

OLJWales
02-04-2022, 07:34 PM
I wonder if they had just gone with Washington Warriors if they?d have been able to keep the logo. It was one of my favorites. Just lose the negative connotation and replace it with a positive one.

At least keep Injun reference. Washington Pu$$ies would work a this point AS I'm Running out of shits to give.

parabrave
02-04-2022, 08:13 PM
Being a cowboy fan since 1965 FU%^ the Redskins.

OLJWales
02-05-2022, 07:27 AM
Being a cowboy fan since 1965 FU%^ the Redskins.

Got me beat by 4 years. Never thought I'd feel sorry for them.

parabrave
02-05-2022, 09:39 AM
Got me beat by 4 years. Never thought I'd feel sorry for them.

Before 1972 it was FU%^ the Packers and Browns because those were the 2 teams which beat the Boys in the playoffs. Still got bad dreams about Leroy Kelly.

OLJWales
02-05-2022, 10:22 AM
Before 1972 it was FU%^ the Packers and Browns because those were the 2 teams which beat the Boys in the playoffs. Still got bad dreams about Leroy Kelly.

I don't remember us getting whipped by the Pack cuz I'm too young to remember the Ice Bowl. Are the Browns not in the AFC? Can't remember Browns post season add whippings. I guess I've blanked bad shit outta my mind over the years for mental self preservation. LOL.

In '69 the Colts beat the Boys in the SB & Tom Goode, STATE QB, held the last minute Winning FG. I was 6 and went into a crying, screaming , room & toy destroying rage. My Mom had to call Dad to come home from the SB party he was at because he had to "get over here to control the monster you created." LMAO. My Mom just turned 81 and still reminds me of it and neither of us knew how I didn't break any windows.

parabrave
02-05-2022, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=OLJWales;1408680]I don't remember us getting whipped by the Pack cuz I'm too young to remember the Ice Bowl. Are the Browns not in the AFC? Can't remember Browns post season add whippings. I guess I've blanked bad shit outta my mind over the years for mental self preservation. LOL.

In '69 the Colts beat the Boys in the SB & Tom Goode, STATE QB, held the last minute Winning FG. I was 6 and went into a crying, screaming , room & toy destroying rage. My Mom had to call Dad to come home from the SB party he was at because he had to "get over here to control the monster you created." LMAO. My Mom just turned 81 and still reminds me of it and neither of us knew how I didn't break any windows.[/QUOT

The Browns were in the NFL and the big 4 back then were the Pack, Colts, Cowboys and Brown,., GB beat Dallas in 66 and 67 and the Browns beat them in 68 and 69. Dallas won the NFC in 70 and Lost to the Colts in SB V cause Craig Morton Sucked.

Leroy Jenkins
08-29-2023, 01:43 PM
Native Americans have sent a petition with over 100k signatures to the Commanders demanding the team's name be changed back to Redskins.

"The Native American Guardian's Association (NAGA) President, Eunice Davidson, issued a demand letter to the Washington "Commanders" owners and key leadership as part of NAGA's National Advocacy Campaign against cancel culture.

"This is a 'LINE IN THE SAND' pledge that reinforces undeniable history of the NATIVE AMERICAN assisting the founding of the United States with Native American principles used by the Founding Fathers in the United States Constitution ? and, EVERY AMERICAN's right to the 1st and 14th, and every Amendment to the Constitution and not be targets of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) and Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) cancel culture environment.

"Americans see they are losing their rights because of a vicious cancel culture that shows little care for their concerns or civil liberties; It is time to support leaders, brands and organizations who will stand with EVERY AMERICAN, rather than fighting against them."

You simply cannot erase history and target the Native American community by eradicating the name 'Redskins' while being an organization that fosters other Constitutional rights, including players who don't honor the American Flag and kneel during our National Anthem."

"In 2023 America, this oppression, and arbitrary and capricious recognition of U.S. history and Constitutional rights is not acceptable. We are standing our ground. If you don't acknowledge history, we are doomed to repeat it. The coin has been tossed; we choose to honor and defend," stated Eunice Davidson, NAGA President"

sleepy dawg
08-29-2023, 02:00 PM
Native Americans have sent a petition with over 100k signatures to the Commanders demanding the team's name be changed back to Redskins.

The Native American Guardian's Association (NAGA) President, Eunice Davidson, issued a demand letter to the Washington "Commanders" owners and key leadership as part of NAGA's National Advocacy Campaign against cancel culture.

"This is a 'LINE IN THE SAND' pledge that reinforces undeniable history of the NATIVE AMERICAN assisting the founding of the United States with Native American principles used by the Founding Fathers in the United States Constitution ? and, EVERY AMERICAN's right to the 1st and 14th, and every Amendment to the Constitution and not be targets of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) and Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) cancel culture environment.

"Americans see they are losing their rights because of a vicious cancel culture that shows little care for their concerns or civil liberties; It is time to support leaders, brands and organizations who will stand with EVERY AMERICAN, rather than fighting against them."

You simply cannot erase history and target the Native American community by eradicating the name 'Redskins' while being an organization that fosters other Constitutional rights, including players who don't honor the American Flag and kneel during our National Anthem."

"In 2023 America, this oppression, and arbitrary and capricious recognition of U.S. history and Constitutional rights is not acceptable. We are standing our ground. If you don't acknowledge history, we are doomed to repeat it. The coin has been tossed; we choose to honor and defend," stated Eunice Davidson, NAGA President

Is that 100k Native American signatures or just 100k signatures? 100k Native American signatures is a big deal. If it's just a bunch of people signing outside the local grocery store, it doesn't mean so much.

Lord McBuckethead
08-29-2023, 02:42 PM

The Native American Guardian's Association (NAGA) President, Eunice Davidson, issued a demand letter to the Washington "Commanders" owners and key leadership as part of NAGA's National Advocacy Campaign against cancel culture.

"In 2023 America, this oppression, and arbitrary and capricious recognition of U.S. history and Constitutional rights is not acceptable. We are standing our ground. If you don't acknowledge history, we are doomed to repeat it. The coin has been tossed; we choose to honor and defend," stated Eunice Davidson, NAGA President

Don't give a shit about your History.... Redskin as a name is not acceptable. Move on.
Might as well change their name to the Hitler Nazi Football team. Not all history is good history. Some things need to stay as a long lost relic of a forgotten past, Redskins is one of them.

Lord McBuckethead
08-29-2023, 02:43 PM
As long as they stay away from my Red Man chewing tobacco.

https://www.northerner.com/media/catalog/product/cache/f87b89ef985437fa12e04920769ef163/r/e/red_man_golden_blend_feb_2020.jpg

That is some good stuff.

msstate7
08-29-2023, 06:47 PM
Don't give a shit about your History.... Redskin as a name is not acceptable. Move on.
Might as well change their name to the Hitler Nazi Football team. Not all history is good history. Some things need to stay as a long lost relic of a forgotten past, Redskins is one of them.

If actual native Americans aren't offended, what's the problem? Minorities need white liberals to let them know what's offensive, I guess

somebodyshotmypaw
08-29-2023, 07:02 PM
The team is in DC, so some good names would be:

Washington Deficit
Washington Debt
Washington Dead Beats
Washington Criminals
Washington Druggies
Washington Parasites
Washington Crooks
Washington Dumbasses
Washington (Epstein) Islanders

Or to honor President Biden:
Washington er you know the fdgarsteskies

viverlibre
08-29-2023, 08:32 PM

If actual Native Americans don't think it's offensive what gives you the right to? If someone put a professional team in MS and named it the Mississippi Rednecks, I wouldn't be offended at all, nor if a team in Ark was called the Hillbillies, nor a team in LA called the Coonasses. The "Fighting Irish" could be considered derogatory by some, but it doesn't seem to bother ND fans at all.

MBDawg601
08-30-2023, 02:30 AM

I wonder what the odds are for them to change the name to the Washington Demanders now? I think both parties would be happy.

Pancho
08-30-2023, 05:34 AM
I just wish they'd bring back aunt Jemima..............

SpaceBully
08-30-2023, 06:45 AM
Washington White Skins? and then rename Baltimore the Black Skins. Would be a helluva rivalry I tell you. Call it the Racist Bowl. Open up half the stadium to the KKK and Aryan Brotherhood, and the other half to the Black Panthers and Black Lives Matter.

R2Dawg
08-30-2023, 11:57 AM

Using the Redskins by some of them is viewed as a way of honoring them. Warriors on the field. I understand that Florida St pays the Seminoles to use that as their team mascot name. It appears obvious that they are not offended by the name.

dawggoneit
08-30-2023, 12:45 PM
As a person of Viking ancestry and having ancestors who served in the Revolutionary War. I am offended by the use of Vikings and Patriots symbols. Heck Cowboys use to shoot Indians ( sorry Native Americans), Packers might offend part of the LBGXYZ community and don't get me started on the religious aspect of the Saints. These are just a few examples of possible offensive names! I demand all teams be named after vegetable dishes from third world countries. Must be vegan!

Commercecomet24
08-30-2023, 12:48 PM
As a person of Viking ancestry and having ancestors who served in the Revolutionary War. I am offended by the use of Vikings and Patriots symbols. Heck Cowboys use to shoot Indians ( sorry Native Americans), Packers might offend part of the LBGXYZ community and don't get me started on the religious aspect of the Saints. These are just a few examples of possible offensive names! I demand all teams be named after vegetable dishes from third world countries. Must be vegan!

Fellow Norseman and Revolutionary War ancestry, here. Naw, Dude, they're gonna have to start using numbers for team names, at least until it offends some mathmetician, lol.

dawggoneit
08-30-2023, 12:58 PM
OK but it can't be Roman numerals. To much pillaging and plundering associated with them. Face it someone want their fifteen minutes will be offend.

Commercecomet24
08-30-2023, 01:36 PM
OK but it can't be Roman numerals. To much pillaging and plundering associated with them. Face it someone want their fifteen minutes will be offend.

Thats hilarious! Have some rep!

MagicDawg
08-30-2023, 03:22 PM
Could just go for the obvious press: "North Richmond Tycoons"

TrapGame
08-30-2023, 04:03 PM
I've got some Dutch, Scots-Irish and a dash of Choctaw. I'm ready to be offended. Bring it.

The Federalist Engineer
08-31-2023, 10:05 AM
Soccer does not have this problem. Nicknames are given by the fans, like "Toons", "Potters", "Gooners", "Chivas"

In soccer, a team is named for a City or a Neighborhood in a City.

Chelsea Football Club - the "Plastics" by haters or "Lions" or "blues"

Liverpool Football Club - the "reds"

Associazione Calcio Milan - the "Red Devils" or "lions" or "red and blacks"

Sport Lisboa e Benfica - the "eagles"

Club Deportivo Guadalajara - the "goats"

TUSK
08-31-2023, 01:41 PM

You, sir, win.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2023, 01:55 PM
Soccer does not have this problem. Nicknames are given by the fans, like "Toons", "Potters", "Gooners", "Chivas"

In soccer, a team is named for a City or a Neighborhood in a City.

Chelsea Football Club - the "Plastics" by haters or "Lions" or "blues"

Liverpool Football Club - the "reds"

Associazione Calcio Milan - the "Red Devils" or "lions" or "red and blacks"

Sport Lisboa e Benfica - the "eagles"

Club Deportivo Guadalajara - the "goats"

Only problem with that in the United States is there are people who are offended by the names of cities, towns and neighborhoods. No way to win, lol.