PDA

View Full Version : Bounds is really harping on NIL deals

Maroonthirteen
02-01-2022, 10:45 AM
Where is he getting his information?

He has said over and over......

1 OM put together a $1 million NIL for the two USC guys.

2 State did NOT put together a NIL deal for Polk. So he walked.

3 State doesn't have a "Edge rusher" because State doesn't have a NIL deal.

"State is asleep at the wheel." (Ok that is his opinion.)

I get it. He does a show. Topics and takes to poke the listeners. However he has said 1. and 2. over and over for weeks. I want to see some facts to back up 1 and 2. Otherwise, I call BS.

Maybe 1 and 2 are true......however, I would like to see some proof elsewhere.

Hour 3, January 31 is what I am referencing.

Commercecomet24
02-01-2022, 10:54 AM
Well I know for a fact we put together some great NIL deals for some of the recruits we just signed and players already on the roster. We've got some work to do to get more organized but we're getting it going. His om folks are in bounds ear telling him this crap

BrunswickDawg
02-01-2022, 10:56 AM
Well I know for a fact we put together some great NIL deals for some of the recruits we just signed and players already on the roster. We've got some work to do to get more organized but we're getting it going. His om folks are in bounds ear telling him this crap

Sounds to me like Bo is falling for typical OM flash/smoke & Mirrors PR, and ignoring that State always does work in the background and DGAF about the whole world knowing what we do.

BeardoMSU
02-01-2022, 11:08 AM
His om folks are in bounds ear telling him this crap

And now he's acting as their propaganda mouthpiece, lol. Great job, Bo.

RezDog7
02-01-2022, 11:12 AM

Bo Bounds is an idiot, on purpose, get used to it.

Commercecomet24
02-01-2022, 11:13 AM

As usual.

StarkVegasSteve
02-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Bo is wrong on a lot, but he is not on this. We fell asleep at the the wheel trying to let Van Horn run things for us and it put us behind the 8 ball. Same thing with every other decision Cohen has made as AD. He wanted to take care of the baseball team and did not care how it affected the other programs on campus. Van Horn had a great idea for what to do, he just had no clue how to execute it and it screwed us for about 6-10 months. It would have been a piece of cake to put together 2-3 NIL deals for Polk to convince him to stay, but because we had no clue how to execute that, when the time came for him to make a decision we had nothing for him.

Commercecomet24
02-01-2022, 11:23 AM
Bo is wrong on a lot, but he is not on this. We fell asleep at the the wheel trying to let Van Horn run things for us and it put us behind the 8 ball. Same thing with every other decision Cohen has made as AD. He wanted to take care of the baseball team and did not care how it affected the other programs on campus. Van Horn had a great idea for what to do, he just had no clue how to execute it and it screwed us for about 6-10 months. It would have been a piece of cake to put together 2-3 NIL deals for Polk to convince him to stay, but because we had no clue how to execute that, when the time came for him to make a decision we had nothing for him.

I have no idea on Polk but there's kids on the team now who I've known and coached for years that have some dang nice NIL deals. So maybe we dropped the ball on Polk but to say we have no idea on how to work NIL deals is not correct. We can do better but it is getting organized. We pulled a couple from other sec programs because we ponied up and they wouldn't.

StarkVegasSteve
02-01-2022, 11:28 AM
I have no idea on Polk but there's kids on the team now who I've known and coached for years that have some dang nice NIL deals. So maybe we dropped the ball on Polk but to say we have no idea on how to work NIL deals is not correct. We can do better but it is getting organized. We pulled a couple from other sec programs because we ponied up and they wouldn't.

As I said we got behind the 8 ball early on. I should have added that now we seem to be getting things together now. If Polk was making his decision now we would be fine. We just fell asleep at the wheel early on. You are correct that we have pulled a couple from other SEC programs. I know two transfers we got because of NIL. So whatever we are doing now we need to continue doing.

Maroonthirteen
02-01-2022, 11:31 AM

I figured his blue and red sponsors tell him things and he repeats it to keep the Ad money coming. I guess if everyone from Oxford to Collierville is wearing **** blue jeans....maybe they do have a deal to generate that much revenue for two players.

As for Polk, I have no idea either. However my guess is the truth is probably closer to a mutual decision to part ways once demands were made. Because I find it hard to believe we had deals available for new guys but not veterans. I mean you have deals available.....So you spending that deal on a one year guy? Or a guy with 3 years? College football is a tough business.

Commercecomet24
02-01-2022, 11:32 AM
As I said we got behind the 8 ball early on. I should have added that now we seem to be getting things together now. If Polk was making his decision now we would be fine. We just fell asleep at the wheel early on. You are correct that we have pulled a couple from other SEC programs. I know two transfers we got because of NIL. So whatever we are doing now we need to continue doing.

Gotcha. Yeah I think we're on the same page then because what you just said matches what I've heard.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-01-2022, 11:32 AM

Part of the reason it didn't work was because Cohen & Keenum tied his hands behind his back & made it almost impossible for the project to work. That was a MSU fail not a Van Horn fail. It was basically a sabotage.

viverlibre
02-01-2022, 11:39 AM

Concur with this. I doubt Bo is not wrong with UM boosters wanting to "be part of the program" and give mo money to 'cruits than State boosters. Plus we know it's not unusual for the MSU athletic department to be behind the curve. We've come light years since shedding Simpleton (thank you Doc) and hiring Mullen, I just wish we would have hired an AD more in the lines of Strick or Byrne, i feel either (especially Byrne) would have not been behind the 8 ball on this.

StarkVegasSteve
02-01-2022, 11:42 AM
Concur with this. I doubt Bo is wrong with UM boosters wanting to "be part of the program" and give mo money to 'cruits than State boosters. Plus we know it's not unusual for the MSU athletic department to be behind the curve. We've come light years since shedding Simpleton and hiring *******, I just wish we would have hired an AD more in the lines of Strick or Byrne, i feel either (especially Byrne) would have not been behind the 8 ball on this.

Well the good news is regardless of what happened it is in the past now and we are playing the game. OM just was more well organized because The Network never died so it was already there when this came down the pipe. Look kudos to them for being more set up with this stuff. Legal or not, they were ready from the jump and we either were not ready or were hampered by higher ups within the university.

OLJWales
02-01-2022, 01:05 PM
There's no excuses for "asleep at wheel" cuz it causes crashes.
Our Cigar Boys either keep up with the white wine drinking confeds or we will collapse. There is nothing more important than outdoing OM. Nothing gets better without surpassing them first or simultaneously.

Todd4State
02-01-2022, 02:05 PM
Well the good news is regardless of what happened it is in the past now and we are playing the game. OM just was more well organized because The Network never died so it was already there when this came down the pipe. Look kudos to them for being more set up with this stuff. Legal or not, they were ready from the jump and we either were not ready or were hampered by higher ups within the university.

Which is not surprising given how MSU has chosen "exemplary compliance" for years over "playing the game". Our boosters are not going to be organized when MSU rats them out, doesn't support them, and then gives them a lifetime ban to MSU sports.

But Bo is as usual stupid. Yeah- MSU isn't willing to spend money on football. We just have a larger fanbase who spent how much to go to Omaha and supported MSU women's basketball. While drawing more than Ole Miss football attendance wise.**

We have the boosters and resources to compete with Ole Miss. MSU needs to invest in football a little more and we need to get organized but at the very least we appear to be getting organized.

Yeah- MSU doesn't support football. Which is why our athletic budget is in the black every year.**

deltadawg63
02-01-2022, 02:38 PM
Which is not surprising given how MSU has chosen "exemplary compliance" for years over "playing the game". Our boosters are not going to be organized when MSU rats them out, doesn't support them, and then gives them a lifetime ban to MSU sports.

But Bo is as usual stupid. Yeah- MSU isn't willing to spend money on football. We just have a larger fanbase who spent how much to go to Omaha and supported MSU women's basketball. While drawing more than Ole Miss football attendance wise.**

We have the boosters and resources to compete with Ole Miss. MSU needs to invest in football a little more and we need to get organized but at the very least we appear to be getting organized.

Yeah- MSU doesn't support football. Which is why our athletic budget is in the black every year.**

I am no attorney but if I were called upon, I would contribute what I could and I wager many others like me would contribute as they could and our school leadership should have confidentially contacted some of our legal circles and shared how this is going to play out and we need y'all to organize. Quietly they could share BC list and let them run with it.

There is no reason we cannot become something close to Clemson. Go read about the history of IPTAY!!! It unifies everyone and galvanizes supporters that their part actually helps.

Maroonthirteen
02-01-2022, 03:16 PM
Have you ordered your sports stix today?!?!?!?!?!

https://www.sportstixpretzels.com/

Or there is .......

https://crowdpush.com/pushes/the-mississippi-state-football-team

I am not sure what other deals there are.

Todd4State
02-01-2022, 04:33 PM
I am no attorney but if I were called upon, I would contribute what I could and I wager many others like me would contribute as they could and our school leadership should have confidentially contacted some of our legal circles and shared how this is going to play out and we need y'all to organize. Quietly they could share BC list and let them run with it.

There is no reason we cannot become something close to Clemson. Go read about the history of IPTAY!!! It unifies everyone and galvanizes supporters that their part actually helps.

Exactly. Not sure if I agree on the Clemson part. But I do think we can be a team that consistently wins 8 a year and has a ceiling of 11.

MSU has to do a better job of getting people involved.

But this idea that somehow MSU boosters and fans don't care about football or that we don't have the resources is laughable.

Jack Lambert
02-01-2022, 05:28 PM
Bo's is a uninformed dick head. Why do you all listen. He is horrible. The sooner you all stop listening the faster his rating drops, the faster his advertisers put thier money else where. Either stop listening to the fool or stop bitching about him on a message board. I don't listen to that **** head because is an arrogant, prima donna, **** head.

Jack Lambert
02-01-2022, 05:31 PM
Oh yeah I have seen him out and he looks like a short, bald head, candy ass.

Maroonthirteen
02-01-2022, 09:12 PM
Bo ...... Why do you all listen. .

Because he talks about State a lot. He has a good show. He is a State grad, supporter of State and Starkville and a fan.

Fader21
02-01-2022, 09:21 PM
You mean he talked about something else than his time as a bartender, Dave Bartoo, or who he met when he was at said bar in said city??

RezDog7
02-02-2022, 12:13 AM
Because he talks about State a lot. He has a good show. He is a State grad, supporter of State and Starkville and a fan.

He may be all those things but he is condescending as **** when it comes to discussing MSU on his show. He doesn't have to be Matt, but he can sure do a better job of using his platform to prop up MSU instead of shitting on them every chance he gets.

Bothrops
02-02-2022, 02:04 AM
He pretty much lost me several years ago when he was talking Super Bowl parties and wanted to know how many guests, listener-hosts were expecting to have over. So people were to call and talk numbers, but he squalled not to call in unless you were hosting at least 60-70 people, because if it was less, it wasn't a real party. I laughed at first, but kinda wanted to throw up after.

viverlibre
02-02-2022, 07:42 AM
Bo's is a uninformed dick head. Why do you all listen. He is horrible. The sooner you all stop listening the faster his rating drops, the faster his advertisers put thier money else where. Either stop listening to the fool or stop bitching about him on a message board. I don't listen to that **** head because is an arrogant, prima donna, **** head.

You can hate on Bo all you want but he's probably our 3rd or 4th best known media person (behind Brandon Walker and Rosebowl and maybe Wyatt). He actually attends MSU events and no one, I mean no one, sells Starkville and MSU more than him. He plays both sides of the isle to get the most listeners and advertising dollars. His radio persona is not necessarily my cup of tea (I listen on and off, mostly off), but the hate he gets from MSU fans is stupid. We have too many MSU fans that want to tear down any thing MSU that goes against the fan's point of view.

State82
02-02-2022, 09:07 AM
In the last month he has had Jake Mangum in studio (in addition to several other times since Jake graduated), Tanner Allen in studio, interviews with Fred Smoot (who comes on regularly), Jake Gautreau, John Cohen, Mike Leach and a great interview yesterday with Chris Lemonis. Those are just what I have heard listening off and on. Could have been others. I don't know. But I like hearing those. It's better than some of the teenage girl yapping I read around here.

SilentSteel16
02-02-2022, 09:25 AM
Have you ordered your sports stix today?!?!?!?!?!

https://www.sportstixpretzels.com/

Or there is .......

https://crowdpush.com/pushes/the-mississippi-state-football-team

I am not sure what other deals there are.

Yeah I am going to pass on those? not going to buy something I don?t want or like the taste of just because it goes to some snot nosed kids that happens to play football for a university that I am invested in. I can promise you that my order of pretzels won?t make them play harder. If you gave JJohnson or Porkchop Womack or Pig half the money these kids are already getting, they would have broken every bone in their body for the team and to win. These kids nowadays are so entitled they think just because they wear SEC on their jerseys non conference teams just won?t show up and State will win due to NIL of that SEC patch they wear?.. some of this was out of jest, most of this is not?. I will let you decide