PDA

View Full Version : Baseball ticket question

smootness
02-01-2022, 09:39 AM
I just bought GA tickets for the first 2 games of the season (Friday-Saturday) in a couple weeks against Long Beach State. My understanding is that you can bring chairs to set up on the berms and that it's first come-first serve on where you actually sit there. So I know I need to be there early; anybody have a sense for how early I should look to get there, especially for that first game, to get a good spot?

Also, does anyone know of a place I could possibly buy chairbacks from someone who has them and won't be going? Just keep looking at Stubhub?

Saltydog
02-01-2022, 09:56 AM
It's hard to say smoot because attendance at early season games are somewhat sporadic due to the weather, however, coming off last season I would expect a good crowd. After the third inning (if I'm not mistaken), anyone with a GA ticket can go sit in empty chairback seats. Yes, stub hub is your best bet for tickets on the secondary market and then there's always the scalpers.

Maroonthirteen
02-01-2022, 10:14 AM
As Salty said, difficult to say for that first series, I imagine excitement will be higher than usual. However, just to give you some idea. I went to game 3 of the SR v ND. I got to the gate 1 hour early to make sure I got a seat on the left field berm. Totally unnecessary. There was room to squeeze people in that berm at first pitch.

Search Facebook MSU ticket exchange or stubhub, you will find a chairback.

StarkVegasSteve
02-01-2022, 10:35 AM
As others have said, probably will completely depend on game time. If it ends up being an earlier start like the last couple of years then you can probably get there an hour or so before first pitch and you will have a spot.

Choctaw Dawg
02-01-2022, 11:41 AM
As Salty said, difficult to say for that first series, I imagine excitement will be higher than usual. However, just to give you some idea. I went to game 3 of the SR v ND. I got to the gate 1 hour early to make sure I got a seat on the left field berm. Totally unnecessary. There was room to squeeze people in that berm at first pitch.

Search Facebook MSU ticket exchange or stubhub, you will find a chairback.

That game 3 was also on a Monday at 6:00 too. Most people that had those berms slammed on Saturday and Sunday were not there for the Monday game because of work. It prolly will be likely you could get a spot because most Friday games early season start at 4:00 and most people wont be off work by then. The Saturday game might be a different story though

confucius say
02-01-2022, 12:10 PM
There are some stubhub chairbacks for that first Friday game.

Rawdawg
02-01-2022, 12:51 PM
Noon for a 3:00 first pitch should be good. I feel like the crowd will be 12,000+ for opening weekend

viverlibre
02-01-2022, 01:22 PM
If you want to get a prime berm seat, get there two to three hours in advance and wait at the main gate nearest the Sanderson Center. If you get there late and there is already a long line(s), there is sometimes a small gate on the 3rd base side that has no line.

There will be empty grandstand seats, too many people with tix who don't attend many games and don't sell their tix. We sat in empty seats for the 1st super regional game, the folks around us said a veterinarian owned the seats but rarely attended a game and never sold or gave the tickets.

Saltydog
02-01-2022, 01:41 PM
If you want to get a prime berm seat, get there two to three hours in advance and wait at the main gate nearest the Sanderson Center. If you get there late and there is already a long line(s), there is sometimes a small gate on the 3rd base side that has no line.

There will be empty grandstand seats, too many people with tix who don't attend many games and don't sell their tix. We sat in empty seats for the 1st super regional game, the folks around us said a veterinarian owned the seats but rarely attended a game and never sold or gave the tickets.

Yep, the empty chairbacks are a problem and that is why people that are in GA should go fill up those seats after the third inning. I can't say I use my season tix for every game because it is hard for me to make very many mid-week games and sometimes tough to get to all 3 on a weekend but when I'm not there, I want a butt in the seat so I'll either sell or in my cases just give them away.