PDA

View Full Version : My Dream MSU season

Todd4State
01-31-2022, 12:31 AM
In chronological order

1. Win a major pre-season tournament like the one at Globe Life, the Shriner's Classic in Houston, the Jackie Robinson Classic in Los Angeles. Would settle for a major tournament in Biloxi featuring the state of Mississippi vs three teams from one of the P5 conferences not named the Big 10.

2. Win a three game pre-SEC series at Dudy Noble against a CWS contender like Oregon State, Louisville, etc.

3. Play and win midweek games:

A. Three in Pearl- win the Governor's Cup, USM, and a mid-major like La Tech at Trustmark Park to change it up a little.

B. Win 1-2 in Biloxi against a team like Texas Tech

C. Beat Memphis at Autozone Park

D. Beat Tulane in NOLA

E. Beat UAB in Birmingham

4. Win Super Bulldawg Weekend

5. Win or sweep season series from Ole Miss, LSU, Arkansas, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Florida. Which would lead to...

6. Winning the SEC regular season title. (SEC West and National Seed implied)

7. Win the SEC Tournament because why not?

8. Host and win our Regional.

9. Host and win our Super Regional

10. Go to Omaha and win ANOTHER National Title.

IF my math is correct and it may be off.... that kind of schedule would still allow us to play some- six to be exact home midweek games against whomever not including two weekends open for whomever else wants to come to Starkville for pre-SEC weekends. So it's feasible on paper. GET TO WORK COHEN!

Johnson85
01-31-2022, 10:21 AM
In chronological order

1. Win a major pre-season tournament like the one at Globe Life, the Shriner's Classic in Houston, the Jackie Robinson Classic in Los Angeles. Would settle for a major tournament in Biloxi featuring the state of Mississippi vs three teams from one of the P5 conferences not named the Big 10.

2. Win a three game pre-SEC series at Dudy Noble against a CWS contender like Oregon State, Louisville, etc.

3. Play and win midweek games:

A. Three in Pearl- win the Governor's Cup, USM, and a mid-major like La Tech at Trustmark Park to change it up a little.

B. Win 1-2 in Biloxi against a team like Texas Tech

C. Beat Memphis at Autozone Park

D. Beat Tulane in NOLA

E. Beat UAB in Birmingham

4. Win Super Bulldawg Weekend

5. Win or sweep season series from Ole Miss, LSU, Arkansas, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Florida. Which would lead to...

6. Winning the SEC regular season title. (SEC West and National Seed implied)

7. Win the SEC Tournament because why not?

8. Host and win our Regional.

9. Host and win our Super Regional

10. Go to Omaha and win ANOTHER National Title.

IF my math is correct and it may be off.... that kind of schedule would still allow us to play some- six to be exact home midweek games against whomever not including two weekends open for whomever else wants to come to Starkville for pre-SEC weekends. So it's feasible on paper. GET TO WORK COHEN!

Really wish we would just make Biloxi a regular early weekend series. Maybe open the season in Starkville and then do the next weekend in Biloxi. Biloxi's high is on average 3-5 degrees warmer than Starkville that time of year, and more importantly, it's low is on average 10 degrees higher. Not sure how wind is and that may offset some of that advantage. But pretty big difference playing when the temperature is going to drop and hit 50 compared to playing when the temperature is going to drop and hit 40. Would be much less likely to have just miserable weather for that series on the Coast, and could do that instead of a mid week game or two there later.

MedDawg
01-31-2022, 11:42 AM
What would that add up to? 60 wins? I'd like that too.

Johnson85
01-31-2022, 12:18 PM
What would that add up to? 60 wins? I'd like that too.

By my math, I think we could do that with ~58 wins.

R2Dawg
01-31-2022, 07:06 PM
Well heck, why stop there just go for undefeated.

smootness
01-31-2022, 07:23 PM
We just had our dream season.