PDA

View Full Version : Women's basketball game vs Texas A&M

NCMSTFAN
01-30-2022, 06:03 PM
Our girls just won 78-58.... We look like a team right now, I don't know what was going on with Rickea but this team actually looks like a cohesive team. I like Novak also, I hope we keep him.

Quaoarsking
01-30-2022, 06:06 PM
In the latest bracketology, A&M was in the "First Four Out" and we were in the "Next Four Out." I suspect we'll be swapping places with them.

msstate7
01-30-2022, 06:07 PM
Surely there's no doubt the interim will be lifted, right? Assuming no collapse

NCMSTFAN
01-30-2022, 06:12 PM
Surely there's no doubt the interim will be lifted, right? Assuming no collapse

Unless we have a homerun hire we need to keep him. He knows basketball! He also has a 4 star transfer from Michigan State committed and a 4 star High school player committed so he is doing what he is supposed to be doing.

Santiago
01-30-2022, 06:13 PM
This Novak guy can coach. I admit not being into WBB as much, but this team is fun to watch. Total effort all around. Hope that Carter is not out for the season with that injury today though.

NCMSTFAN
01-30-2022, 06:33 PM
This Novak guy can coach. I admit not being into WBB as much, but this team is fun to watch. Total effort all around. Hope that Carter is not out for the season with that injury today though.

I couldnt watch the whole game, what happened with Carter?

SteelCurtain74
01-30-2022, 06:51 PM

She had a knee injury. They said they had to carry her off the court. I didn't listen to post game press conference to see if they said how bad it was but she was in some real pain when it happened.

Ranchdawg
01-30-2022, 06:59 PM

Injured her knee and was really reeling in pain on the trainers table off court. I agree that this coach is doing a heck of a job with all the crud that has been thrown his way. The girls appear to be really enjoying playing with each other, playing as a team and playing really hard/hustle. When ever a team does that then I?m a fan win or lose.

NCMSTFAN
01-30-2022, 07:09 PM
Injured her knee and was really reeling in pain on the trainers table off court. I agree that this coach is doing a heck of a job with all the crud that has been thrown his way. The girls appear to be really enjoying playing with each other, playing as a team and playing really hard/hustle. When ever a team does that then I?m a fan win or lose.

Thanks for the update. We really need her, she is only 6' but she is very long and active. Hopefully it isnt serious

R2Dawg
01-30-2022, 07:38 PM
This team is now a good team almost overnight. What an amazing turnaround. If we had a good big, we could scare some teams and might anyway.

Agree interim coach is engaged and getting results like when Vic was here.

BTW Mizzou beating Bama by 20.

Hope Carter is OK, she gonna be a player. Get J.Carter back next year watch out. They could make a little noise.

They keep it up, they will be in tourney.

RocketDawg
01-30-2022, 07:46 PM
This team is now a good team almost overnight. What an amazing turnaround. If we had a good big, we could scare some teams and might anyway.

Agree interim coach is engaged and getting results like when Vic was here.

BTW Mizzou beating Bama by 20.

Hope Carter is OK, she gonna be a player. Get J.Carter back next year watch out. They could make a little noise.

They keep it up, they will be in tourney.

Agree. Keep Novak. He seems to know what he's doing and has the team playing together.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2022, 07:50 PM
Novak looks like a keeper. They playing hard and as a team for him. And with all the distractions this year and to have a shot at the tournament is an amazing job by him.

Homedawg
01-30-2022, 09:05 PM
They play hard that's for sure. Couldn't say that last year...

Commercecomet24
01-30-2022, 09:08 PM
They play hard that's for sure. Couldn't say that last year...

Amen to that! It's just nice to see effort and hustle again!

Cooterpoot
01-30-2022, 09:14 PM
That was a team that's won 1 conference game and is in last place. Come on guys. We've beaten one team with a pulse and they're only 5-4 in the SEC.

Quaoarsking
01-30-2022, 09:21 PM
That was a team that's won 1 conference game and is in last place. Come on guys. We've beaten one team with a pulse and they're only 5-4 in the SEC.

Going into today, Texas A&M had a NET of 43 and was in the "First Four Out" in the ESPN bracketology. It was absolutely a win that improves our resume and also hurts the resume of a team we're competing with for a bid. Why you want to shit on that is beyond me.

basedog
01-30-2022, 09:21 PM

I've had a wait and see who might be available. But watching I'm thinking give Novak the job.
As far as the Aggies being in last place, we did what we were suppose to do today, won by 20 points. Also missing the most important piece to this team, J Carter. I can only imagine how much better we would be. Novak has this team playing to their max, he seems to be a good fit as the girls seem to support them and he doesn't put up with BS I think.

Cowbell
01-30-2022, 09:31 PM

You apparently didn't watch them play last year...

Homedawg
01-30-2022, 09:57 PM

W 7 players and no post players. You can't bitch about Cohen and still say this guy has done a heck of a job!!

Coach34
01-30-2022, 10:05 PM
It's girls basketball. It doesnt matter

NCMSTFAN
01-31-2022, 12:22 PM

You do know we also beat Missouri the game before this one right? Missouri has a pulse, they are 16-6 and beat South Carolina this season.

R2Dawg
01-31-2022, 01:39 PM
You apparently didn't watch them play last year...

I'll tell you what, the team I saw play the last two games would beat last year's team by 20-25.

Extendedcab
01-31-2022, 02:02 PM
I was very pleased with the women's team effort. I like it better than the men's teams effort (for the most part). I do like the men's team and the players but they are underperforming compared to the raw talent. That is what makes it disappointing to me.

Commercecomet24
01-31-2022, 02:03 PM
I'll tell you what, the team I saw play the last two games would beat last year's team by 20-25.

No doubt about it.

yjnkdawg
01-31-2022, 03:22 PM
Our girls just won 78-58.... We look like a team right now, I don't know what was going on with Rickea but this team actually looks like a cohesive team. I like Novak also, I hope we keep him.

Maybe it could because the girls we have on our roster now are team players, and want to win as a team. Some of these highly recruited players want more of the attention, and not being a team player, and I don't think Coach Novak puts up with that crap.

yjnkdawg
01-31-2022, 06:31 PM

Any win is a good win. Especially with all the adversity our women's basketball program has faced this year ( maybe you didn't know that?). Most teams would have packed it in and said to heck with it. The coach probably would too. While Coach Novak has been having to worry about defending a team taller than us, teams having more depth than us, more talent, and worrying about fouls when he didn't/doesn't have but one or two players on the bench if somebody did foul out. I think Coach Novak is doing a tremendous job and our girls too especially with the limited cards they were dealt to play with. But anyway, everybody just loves your encouraging comments.****

RocketDawg
01-31-2022, 06:58 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if we could give every coach a "trial" year, then decide if he stays?