PDA

View Full Version : Baseball scrimmage

Todd4State
01-30-2022, 01:38 AM
Some really encouraging things.

Andrew Walling looked REALLY good. If he hits his ceiling to go along with Sims and Cade Smith we may have two first round picks in our rotation.

Slate Alford had a good day hitting. That is my biggest question with him.

Luke Hancock hit a bomb off of Sims. I think he takes it another level this year.

KC Hunt was very good and looks like the closer.

Brooks Auger had a rough day.

Parker Stinnett looked like he did last year.

Matt Corder is back!

Jess Davis had a hit but then struck out twice. Brayland Skinner outplayed him today.

It's a one practice sample size so take everything with a grain of salt. Walling was the most encouraging thing to me though.

The Federalist Engineer
01-30-2022, 07:52 AM
Where did Kam James play? I really like the idea of KJ in CF.

DAWG1903
01-30-2022, 08:32 AM
Thanks Todd - keep the updates coming. Excited to see this team play this year

RiverCityDawg
01-30-2022, 08:42 AM
Where did Kam James play? I really like the idea of KJ in CF.

Third in this one.

smootness
01-30-2022, 08:44 AM
Is the bat not Alford's calling card?

KOdawg1
01-30-2022, 08:47 AM
I'm all for KJ in CF if it means we can get Alford's bat. He and Hines are going to be too good to keep out of the lineup.

But the fact they're not getting him ready out there means he'll be at 3rd and Alford and Hines may platoon at DH.

If Walling is legit, we're headed back to Omaha with a high chance of repeating.

AlSwearengen
01-30-2022, 09:26 AM
Is the bat not Alford's calling card?

In an interview with Lemonis a couple weeks ago, Lemonis brought up Alford as a freshman that has been good. He said they (coaches) knew coming in that he could hit, but they had no idea that he could play defense the way that he has. Also, I think Alford hit the ball pretty well during the fall. I think it is safe to assume that Lemonis expects him to be one of our next stars, judging by the way he was talking about him in that interview.

Todd, what position is Corder playing?

The Federalist Engineer
01-30-2022, 10:48 AM
Is Bryce Chance still hitting?

OLJWales
01-30-2022, 12:26 PM
Can someone tell me something about our defense during the CWS? That Flawless Show Blew my Mind. Is that not one of the best coaching jobs ever or was something else factored in?

Todd4State
01-30-2022, 01:46 PM
In an interview with Lemonis a couple weeks ago, Lemonis brought up Alford as a freshman that has been good. He said they (coaches) knew coming in that he could hit, but they had no idea that he could play defense the way that he has. Also, I think Alford hit the ball pretty well during the fall. I think it is safe to assume that Lemonis expects him to be one of our next stars, judging by the way he was talking about him in that interview.

Todd, what position is Corder playing?

Corder is playing outfield I believe. Or he will anyway.

viverlibre
01-30-2022, 03:37 PM
is Braylen Skinner still on the team? If so, is he going to start?

Todd4State
01-30-2022, 05:34 PM
is Braylen Skinner still on the team? If so, is he going to start?

Yes on the team.

Maybe start.