RocketDawg
01-27-2022, 06:42 PM
Our girls are playing well so far.

RocketDawg
01-27-2022, 06:52 PM
Hitting 3s left and right.

R2Dawg
01-27-2022, 07:44 PM
They look really sharp tonight. Best they have looked since Vic. I can't believe what I am seeing. Undersized inside but we are fluid.

Really makes you wonder about team chemistry and locker room stuff.

RocketDawg
01-27-2022, 07:58 PM
The game has tightened up a bit now. A 19 point lead has eroded to 9. Make that 12 with a 3 ....

Quaoarsking
01-27-2022, 08:12 PM
This is the kind of game we have to win to stay in NCAA Tournament contention.

ZedFedder
01-27-2022, 08:15 PM
Gotta be proud of these ladies. Obviously there were issues with Rickea. They played better without her.

RocketDawg
01-27-2022, 08:19 PM
MSU wins by 15, 77-62.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-27-2022, 08:20 PM
Good game!

NCMSTFAN
01-27-2022, 08:21 PM
Wow, I can't believe we won like. This Missouri beat #1 South Carolina and barely lost to #5 Baylor on losing by two points. Caterrion Thompson with 27 points... where has that been?

We won 2 games earlier in the season without Rickea also, seems like there was definitely chemistry issues. I'm not calling her out because she is a great player but that doesn't always equal chemistry

R2Dawg
01-27-2022, 09:01 PM
That team tonight can play with almost anyone. Get the right coach here and right kind of players and we can get back.

I think we started attracting and signing too many high profile star players that just didn't fit the MSU mold - hard nosed, tough mentally and physically type players that Vic built our program on.

This team tonight looked more like that kinda team. They looked like they liked playing with each other. Night and day.

OLJWales
01-27-2022, 09:04 PM
Great Job STATE Lady Bulldogs!!

CaptainObvious
01-27-2022, 09:06 PM
Seems like I read somewhere that Caterrion was brought in for her 3 point shooting. Maybe she couldn?t get on the floor because of Rickea?s scoring. But people might want to check RJ?s shooting % and how many shots she took to become the leading scorer in the conference. We still didn?t have balanced scoring tonight but when a player is as hot as Thompson was, you let her shoot!
Thompson 27, Hayes, 22, nobody else in double figures. Only 7 players available tonight.

Very Good win.

R2Dawg
01-27-2022, 09:09 PM
Seems like I read somewhere that Caterrion was brought in for her 3 point shooting. Maybe she couldn?t get on the floor because of Rickea?s scoring. But people might want to check RJ?s shooting % and how many shots she took to become the leading scorer in the conference. We still didn?t have balanced scoring tonight but when a player is as hot as Thompson was, you let her shoot!
Thompson 27, Hayes, 22, nobody else in double figures. Only 7 players available tonight.

Very Good win.

If I remember correctly Thompson set the school record 3s where she transfered from, forget where. Tonight was no fluke for her, she can play. I never understood how she didn't get on the floor more.

All this team needs is a couple post players and they are in business.

NCMSTFAN
01-27-2022, 09:12 PM

Very Good win.
Great post, I said the same thing a long time ago about her shooting percentage.

Also Danae Carter gave us 8 points 5 rebs
Ai. Hayes 9 points 3 rebs
Myah Taylor 8 assist

So we did get some help from other players

schddog72
01-27-2022, 09:18 PM
That team tonight can play with almost anyone. Get the right coach here and right kind of players and we can get back.

I think we started attracting and signing too many high profile star players that just didn't fit the MSU mold - hard nosed, tough mentally and physically type players that Vic built our program on.

This team tonight looked more like that kinda team. They looked like they liked playing with each other. Night and day.

Who's to say we don't have the right coach now. That would be quite presumptious.

NCMSTFAN
01-27-2022, 09:18 PM
If I remember correctly Thompson set the school record 3s where she transfered from, forget where. Tonight was no fluke for her, she can play. I never understood how she didn't get on the floor more.

All this team needs is a couple post players and they are in business.

Yes she came in known for her shooting ability, hopefully this sparks her going forward. Also 6'4 Raven Farley is back practicing with the team and will be back soon so her size alone at minimum gives us an extra big body. We will take what we can

R2Dawg
01-28-2022, 06:00 PM
Who's to say we don't have the right coach now. That would be quite presumptious.

Ha, pot meet keetle with your presumptious commment. I never said he wasn't the right guy, just that if we get the right guy.

This kind of stuff is what makes these threads so out of control.

I don't know enough about the guy to say. He was very engaged like Vic during the game out of his seat all the time. The team responded to his coaching. Both very good signs. Let the season play out and who knows.

NCMSTFAN
01-28-2022, 09:14 PM
From what I've seen he is the guy.. he knows his x's and o's... the girls respond to him, Annie Hayes said in her post game on SEC Network that she loved her coach and that he is such a positive coach. He also has a 4 star transfer recruit coming in plus a 4 star high school player. I'm for Novak, unless you can bring in a homeowner hire stay with him.. some will disagree but I say that with confidence.