PDA

View Full Version : Sean Payton stepping away

Tater
01-25-2022, 01:53 PM
👀

Commercecomet24
01-25-2022, 01:55 PM
Maybe Jerry will hire him(wishful thinking).

Commercecomet24
01-25-2022, 01:57 PM
Someone better check on 7 and make sure he's still breathing

was21
01-25-2022, 01:58 PM
Mullen to NOLA

Santiago
01-25-2022, 01:59 PM
Lane Train ***

Lord McBuckethead
01-25-2022, 02:04 PM
Lane would be an interesting pick up for the Saints.

Coach34
01-25-2022, 02:05 PM

He still has a year left on his deal. They would have to work something out with the Aints. Could have already worked a deal- he takes a year off, McCarthy fails yet again, brings in Payton for 2023

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2022, 02:05 PM
I would imagine the candidates will be either Dennis Allen, Joe Brady, or Joe Lombardi

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2022, 02:13 PM
He still has a year left on his deal. They would have to work something out with the Aints. Could have already worked a deal- he takes a year off, McCarthy fails yet again, brings in Payton for 2023

I imagine if Sean takes a year off and does TV he?s gonna realize he can make 10-15 mil and not have to be Jerry?s whipping boy. That?d be hard to return to all that dysfunction. Plus the Cowboys roster is going to look at lot different in 2023?.probably a lot worse.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2022, 02:24 PM

Yeah it's wishful thinking, I know. It would also piss off all the Saints fans if he went to Dallas which would be awesome!

Coach34
01-25-2022, 02:29 PM
Yeah it's wishful thinking, I know. It would also piss off all the Saints fans if he went to Dallas which would be awesome!

The Saints are in salary cap hell. Rebuild likely coming. Looks like Payton said "F this"

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2022, 02:33 PM
The Saints are in salary cap hell. Rebuild likely coming. Looks like Payton said "F this"

We are in the same amount of salary cap hell Dallas is about to be in. And our GM is not an idiot. We will be fine. Hell our D is still one of the best in the league. We are a QB and a WR1 away from being right back in the thick of things and with Rogers leaving GB, Brady probably retiring, and Dallas not being able to beat a team with a winning record the NFC is wide open.

SailingDawg
01-25-2022, 02:37 PM

I don't think Sean would put up with Jerry's shit.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2022, 02:38 PM

Unless he's just tired of the whole thing I could see him taking a year off and then he would be a hot commodity for someone. Like i said wishful thinking for Dallas but Jerry's so pissed right now I could see him making Payton say no

Commercecomet24
01-25-2022, 02:40 PM
I don't think Sean would put up with Jerry's shit.

Yeah I don't either, that's the wishful thinking part but I would bet Jerry would back up a brinks truck and make him say no because he's not very happy with his coaching staff right now(even though most of the problems stem from Jerry.

Coach34
01-25-2022, 02:43 PM
We are in the same amount of salary cap hell Dallas is about to be in. And our GM is not an idiot. We will be fine. Hell our D is still one of the best in the league. We are a QB and a WR1 away from being right back in the thick of things and with Rogers leaving GB, Brady probably retiring, and Dallas not being able to beat a team with a winning record the NFC is wide open.

I havent looked at it- just going off what Rappaport said this weekend. Said Saints had the worst salary cap issues in the NFL followed by GB. Said he didnt think there was any way Rogers stays in GB and Adams probably follows

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2022, 02:57 PM
I havent looked at it- just going off what Rappaport said this weekend. Said Saints had the worst salary cap issues in the NFL followed by GB. Said he didnt think there was any way Rogers stays in GB and Adams probably follows

That is correct. We have the worst, GB has the second worst, and Dallas is 3rd.

Saints will have to get creative with how they go about things. I think the thing we will probably see happen is Taysom will move on if a coach from outside the organization is brought in. That contract is completely voidable so it would save us some money.

Cowbell
01-25-2022, 02:58 PM

A QB away is a long way away. You can be strapped by the salary cap and not have a QB

parabrave
01-25-2022, 03:05 PM

This. And he tell Jerry to worry about the Salvation Army and leave the Team alone. Joe Lombardi would be a great choice. But they need a QB

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2022, 03:06 PM
A QB away is a long way away. You can be strapped by the salary cap and not have a QB

If Brian Flores is the pick I don?t think that QB situation would be a problem anymore.

TrapGame
01-25-2022, 03:13 PM
There was a tweet a few hours ago from one of the NFL insiders saying plenty of rumors goin round about Sean looking at open head coaching positions.

msstate7
01-25-2022, 03:36 PM
There was a tweet a few hours ago from one of the NFL insiders saying plenty of rumors goin round about Sean looking at open head coaching positions.

Sean is under contract with the saints thru 2024. He'd have to sit out that long to coach anywhere else.

I'm sick.

I expect Dennis Allen to be HC, Pete Carmichael OC, and Ryan Nielsen as DC.

Salary cap is way overblown. Saints will be under easily. If you're interested in how, read nick underhill's Twitter feed; he has articles about it

Cooterpoot
01-25-2022, 03:56 PM
Sean is under contract with the saints thru 2024. He'd have to sit out that long to coach anywhere else.

I'm sick.

Salary cap is way overblown. Saints will be under easily. If you're interested in how, read nick under bill's Twitter feed; he has articles about it

Going to be a rough day for you today.

TheLostDawg
01-25-2022, 03:58 PM
I would imagine the candidates will be either Dennis Allen, Joe Brady, or Joe Lombardi

Because Brady did so well with the Panthers.

TheLostDawg
01-25-2022, 03:59 PM
Joe judge

Kidding

msstate7
01-25-2022, 03:59 PM
Going to be a rough day for you today.

I don't expect anything tonight, so this is the only blow today

Commercecomet24
01-25-2022, 04:05 PM

I'm sick.

Salary cap is way overblown. Saints will be under easily. If you're interested in how, read nick underhill's Twitter feed; he has articles about it

Yeah I was worried about you. Hey Jason Garrett is available lol.

TrapGame
01-25-2022, 04:51 PM

Damn.

Kick a man while he's down.**

Commercecomet24
01-25-2022, 04:52 PM
Damn.

Kick a man while he's down.**

Man I couldn't resist. Hope 7 will forgive me.

Cowbell
01-25-2022, 06:23 PM

I'm hearing McCarthy to NO**

SilentSteel16
01-25-2022, 06:35 PM
Lane Kiffen just diverted mid flight for NOLA… just sayin

parabrave
01-25-2022, 06:42 PM
Lane Kiffen just diverted mid flight for NOLA… just sayin

Sean just gonna chill for awhile. He said he started thinking about retirement after Brees retired. Basically what some others have posted saw whats instore for the Saints the next few years and wanted to go out kinda on top.

msstate7
01-25-2022, 06:54 PM
I'm cool. Saints have a good team still, so hopefully we don't hire a joe Moorhead

Turfdawg67
01-25-2022, 07:08 PM
I'm cool. Saints have a good team still, so hopefully we don't hire a joe Moorhead

Maybe you'll get a Tom Herman. ***

ETA... ooohhh, my 3,999 post! Or what 7 calls, "a weekend". Lolz

Commercecomet24
01-25-2022, 07:33 PM

I started to say JoMo was available too lol

BeardoMSU
01-25-2022, 07:56 PM
I started to say JoMo was available too lol

Dan is creaming his jorts right now watching highlights of Taysom Hill run the QB drawl vs a stacked box expecting the obvious, lol.

parabrave
01-25-2022, 07:59 PM
Dan is creaming his jorts right now watching highlights of Taysom Hill run the QB drawl vs a stacked box expecting the obvious, lol.

Well the problem with Danno is Kamara is no Brandon, bless his heart, Hollaway.

Really Clark?
01-25-2022, 08:32 PM

I'm sick.

A team can do a trade with the Saints to get him next season. It may just cost more than a lot of teams want to pay but he could be made available

Catfish
01-25-2022, 08:39 PM
A team can do a trade with the Saints to get him next season. It may just cost more than a lot of teams want to pay but he could be made available

I feel like the Saints would work something out with him too.

msstate7
01-25-2022, 08:43 PM

It would take a 1st rounder at least

Commercecomet24
01-25-2022, 09:11 PM

Yep and he'd be looking for a new qb in about 2 weeks. Taysom would be deceased with Dan calling those plays lol

Taysom to Dan: Hey coach what's
The play call here on third and 8?

Dak Holliday
01-26-2022, 11:04 AM
SP accomplished a feat I?d never have believed at 12 yrs old. He not only made the Saints relevant, but champions of the world. Not really certain there?s anything left for him to accomplish. Now that Drew is retired, I?d imagine the facility is a bit lonely for him. Maybe he takes a sabbatical and comes back, but if he doesn?t, he has nothing left to prove. Enjoy some rest, Coach.