PDA

View Full Version : Josh Gray to LSU...

CadaverDawg
11-20-2013, 11:05 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24251014/lsu-gets-commitment-from-junior-college-star-josh-gray

Coach34
11-20-2013, 11:06 PM
who is Josh Gray?

I remember now- the "show me some love" guy

TheRef
11-20-2013, 11:07 PM
who is Josh Gray?

Really good recruit that originally committed to MSU but left after Stans was fired. Then he went to TTU and left after their coach was fired. Went to Odessa CC in FL and now has committed to LSU. He scored 55+ the past few days.

Dawg61
11-20-2013, 11:15 PM
I hate that we have to play vs him now but I don't wish we'd signed him. He was/is your typical Stansbury player.

Dawg61
11-20-2013, 11:30 PM
I can't listen for longer than a minute. Can you?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RPVz2ZUWubs

tcdog70
11-21-2013, 11:45 AM
I hate that we have to play vs him now but I don't wish we'd signed him. He was/is your typical Stansbury player.

What the hell, is wrong with Stans's Players? Timmy, Rhodes, Austin, Powers, Jamont, Winston, Zim, Dee and Roberts All were typical Stasnbury players--All SEC--I could keep on naming. Hell , I can name shitty bad attitude players at every school that plays basketball. To sit there and act like we didn't have great players under Stansbury is pretty ****ing stupid.

TheRef
11-21-2013, 11:46 AM
What the hell, is wrong with Stans's Players? Timmy, Rhodes, Austin, Powers, Jamont, Winston, Zim, Dee and Roberts All were typical Stasnbury players--All SEC--I could keep on naming. Hell , I can name shitty bad attitude players at every school that plays basketball. To sit there and act like we didn't have great players under Stansbury is pretty ****ing stupid.

They had the talent, they didn't have the coaching...that's all.

Coach34
11-21-2013, 11:49 AM

Notice most of those guys you named were earlier in his tenure. We can name alot more problems than positives from the last 5 years

tcdog70
11-21-2013, 12:27 PM
They had the talent, they didn't have the coaching...that's all.

Dang our coaching was so shitty, how did we win the SEC one year and two SEC tourneys and get to the finals of two more. Plus have the third winnest program in the SEC for a ten year period. Plus somehow with this shitty Coaching we bitch slapped our rival almost everygame.

tcdog70
11-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Notice most of those guys you named were earlier in his tenure. We can name alot more problems than positives from the last 5 years

players from 08 till the end

1. jarvis-all sec defensive player of the Year
2.Dee-all sec
3.Hood all sec rookie
4.Moultrie-All sec
5. Ravern
6.Barry (Randy) Stewart
7. Ben Hansbrough

what was wrong with these Guys?

We all know why Ben left-personel

Raytoraid83
11-21-2013, 12:54 PM
My only comment on this thread is how can you make fun of that high light tape? When I first saw it when he first committed it was obvious we got a damn steal. One of the reason he wasn't rated highly was the baggage he came with but if your gonna make fun of a way person talks go watch a borchert interview. Come on now.

Fader21
11-21-2013, 01:42 PM
I might be wrong here, but I wouldn't necessarily put Roberts as a Stans guy. He enrolled here only because of the scandal that was taking place at Baylor If I remember correctly. Also he wound up at state because his aunt Robin Roberts was from Mississippi. Yes Stans did a heck of a job recruiting him to MSU, but I just can't put him as a Stans Guy!

thf24
11-21-2013, 02:02 PM

2.Dee-all sec
3.Hood all sec rookie
4.Moultrie-All sec
5. Ravern
6.Barry (Randy) Stewart
7. Ben Hansbrough

Dee was a locker room cancer, Ravern had a bad attitude and poor work ethic, and Moultrie had a questionable attitude and gave inconsistent effort on the court (in addition to being the originator of the "Moultrie Knee" phenomenon). That's in addition to Sidney and Augustus, and I'm probably forgetting one or two more who did more harm than good.

It_Could_Happen
11-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Dee was a locker room cancer, Ravern had a bad attitude and poor work ethic, and Moultrie had a questionable attitude and gave inconsistent effort on the court (in addition to being the originator of the "Moultrie Knee" phenomenon). That's in addition to Sidney and Augustus, and I'm probably forgetting one or two more who did more harm than good.

Add Bailey to the harm list.

tcdog70
11-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Add Bailey to the harm list.

HMMM, maybe that's why Rick kicked Him off the Team--you think?

tcdog70
11-21-2013, 02:48 PM
I might be wrong here, but I wouldn't necessarily put Roberts as a Stans guy. He enrolled here only because of the scandal that was taking place at Baylor If I remember correctly. Also he wound up at state because his aunt Robin Roberts was from Mississippi. Yes Stans did a heck of a job recruiting him to MSU, but I just can't put him as a Stans Guy!

WTF? which is it? he did a heck of a job recruiting Him or Can't put Him as a Stans Guy?

thf24
11-21-2013, 02:54 PM

Sure. Only problem is that he didn't kick off the other equally responsible, seemingly (at the time) more valuable party involved in the incident as well. He just used Bailey as a scapegoat.

Dawg61
11-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Seriously? Do we have to bring this old tired argument back up again. Stansbury missed on something like 35 of his final 45 signees. He had absolutely ****ing horrendous attrition/misses in his last 5-6 years. He completely lost "it".

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-21-2013, 03:35 PM

Ravern may have been the worst defender MSU has ever seen.

Coach34
11-21-2013, 03:46 PM

2.Dee-all sec
3.Hood all sec rookie
4.Moultrie-All sec
5. Ravern
6.Barry (Randy) Stewart
7. Ben Hansbrough

Rayyyyvern- multiple suspensions and never lifted a weight the entiore time he was on campus
Bost was a cancer and would even ignore Stands during time-outs
Kodi Augustus? cancer
Renardo Sidney? Straight up bone-cancer bad

Hansbrough? transferred
Moultrie? Good player but we will forever have "Moultrie Knee" for him and his suspension
Ervin? Left and made SEC Player of the week numerous times
Deville Smith
Wendell Lewis
Dope-smoking Ukranian
Shaun Smith
Elgin Bailey
Romero Osby
Jac Holcombe

I could name more- but you get the jest of it

Coach34
11-21-2013, 03:47 PM

Stands sent Bailey packing because Bailey said he wouldnt play anymore with Sidney...Stands chose Sidney over Bailey

Dawg61
11-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Stands sent Bailey packing because Bailey said he wouldnt play anymore with Sidney...Stands chose Sidney over Bailey

Bet he'd choose differently next time. Oh wait

Raytoraid83
11-21-2013, 04:26 PM

It's because the Sidney's called Stansbury and said if you kick him off the team we're going to the press with all the illegal benefits they were receiving. Sidney had Stansbury by the balls and the coaches that warned Stansbury not to take him and it would ruin his coaching career were right.

Coach34
11-21-2013, 04:36 PM
It's because the Sidney's called Stansbury and said if you kick him off the team we're going to the press with all the illegal benefits they were receiving. Sidney had Stansbury by the balls and the coaches that warned Stansbury not to take him and it would ruin his coaching career were right.

yep

tcdog70
11-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Rayyyyvern- multiple suspensions and never lifted a weight the entiore time he was on campus
Bost was a cancer and would even ignore Stands during time-outs
Kodi Augustus? cancer
Renardo Sidney? Straight up bone-cancer bad

Hansbrough? transferred
Moultrie? Good player but we will forever have "Moultrie Knee" for him and his suspension
Ervin? Left and made SEC Player of the week numerous times
Deville Smith
Wendell Lewis
Dope-smoking Ukranian
Shaun Smith
Elgin Bailey
Romero Osby
Jac Holcombe

I could name more- but you get the jest of it

The Jest is you can take any teams Roster and pick out bust and bad attitudes. Shit, do you think MSU is unique to have shitheads in their program. Kodi was a Dick but was fine his Sr year and played great.. With all these malcontents on our Team It's a wonder we were the 3td winnest program in the SEC under Rick.. I hope Rick Ray leads us to the promise land. i just can't see why so called MSU fans give RS so little credit. Sure he had faults, but he also Had a good run. IMHO it won't be matched for a long time. I'll bet Ray would love to Have a Kodi, Arnett or even a Ravern. Hard work and discipline will only take you so Far, You must have some talent also.

tcdog70
11-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Seriously? Do we have to bring this old tired argument back up again. Stansbury missed on something like 35 of his final 45 signees. He had absolutely ****ing horrendous attrition/misses in his last 5-6 years. He completely lost "it".

Actually you brought it up, I was just replying you your post. But he did Hit on Chicken, Ware and Flat-top Fred--where would we be without them--now?

Dawg61
11-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Actually you brought it up, I was just replying you your post. But he did Hit on Chicken, Ware and Flat-top Fred--where would we be without them--now?

Shooting 10% better from 3** haha just kidding I like all 3 of those players especially when Chicken learns to tuck in that wing (which will be never)

Irondawg
11-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Back to Gray - he's an excellent player on the court no doubt but had he just gone to JUCO we're having a different discussion. There is clearly some backstory to his travels and commits/decommits that probably scare away some programs. In football terms, this sounds like Brassell all over again. And that's not having any idea how he is in the locker room and if he's like there or not - no way to tell that unless you know somebody that's played with him.

Some guys just blow it. There was a guy in JUCO about 20 years ago my brother played against. Point guard who had signed with Cincy during their peak. Didn't make the grades, but was still recruited by just about every program in the country during his JUCO years. Couple of years later he's playing at William Carey but doesn't even finish the year there b/c he got in trouble again. The biggest waste of talent I've personally ever seen first hand.

Pollard you could probaby easily convince me was worth recruiting again, but it would take a lot more to make me think Gray was worth the risk.

engie
11-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Dang our coaching was so shitty, how did we win the SEC one year and two SEC tourneys and get to the finals of two more. Plus have the third winnest program in the SEC for a ten year period. Plus somehow with this shitty Coaching we bitch slapped our rival almost everygame.

How are we now one of the longest Sweet 16-impotent teams in the country?

engie
11-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Gray is leading JUCO with 37.3 PPG through 9 games...

Dawg61
11-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Gray is leading JUCO with 37.3 PPG through 9 games...

Wow! Just our luck. He wasn't all that last year. How many games does Gray, Bradley, Hood, Pollard and Ware win? Just for entertainment purposes I realize Bradley will never wear a MSU jersey.

tcdog70
11-22-2013, 01:18 PM
How are we now one of the longest Sweet 16-impotent teams in the country?

well.

Let's just talk about it. We have to go to Dallas as a #1 seed and Play Texas in what amounted to a Home game for them. Then another year we draw Duke and play the shit out of them. The We draw Memphis who won it All, But almost beat them. Then there is the Xavier who happened to go into a the "ZONE" and would have beaten anyone that night. The Only Game I blame Rick was the Butler Game, He really ****ed that one up at the end. had a foul to give and didn't. Timmy couldn't throw it in the Ocean. I had the misfortune to sit in the Butler Section.

C222
11-22-2013, 01:24 PM
well.

Let's just talk about it. We have to go to Dallas as a #1 seed and Play Texas in what amounted to a Home game for them. Then another year we draw Duke and play the shit out of them. The We draw Memphis who won it All, But almost beat them. Then there is the Xavier who happened to go into a the "ZONE" and would have beaten anyone that night. The Only Game I blame Rick was the Butler Game, He really ****ed that one up at the end. had a foul to give and didn't. Timmy couldn't throw it in the Ocean. I had the misfortune to sit in the Butler Section.

4 tournament wins in 14 years. If you are the type of person who is okay with just winning the SEC tourney occasionally, then yeah, I'd be bitter too.

tcdog70
11-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Winning the SEC tourney occasionally, might not be a Bad deal. Ask some other SEC schools who have not won Jack, but have more Money and better facilities.

engie
11-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Winning the SEC tourney occasionally, might not be a Bad deal. Ask some other SEC schools who have not won Jack, but have more Money and better facilities.

Like who?

There is only 1 team in the conference with longer REAL postseason impotence than us. Sorry -- no one counts a tournament that means nothing to anyone except bubble-out teams -- that the big boys generally mail it in for -- as being a meaningful achievement. I'm glad we won them, enjoyed them tremendously, and am proud of the achievement -- but I would trade every SEC Tourney and SECw "title" for a single sweet 16. Now, the regular season championship truly was a tremendous accomplishment...

Big 6 Teams that haven't made a Sweet 16 in our impotent period(last time they made it):

Arkansas(1996)
Mississippi State(1996)
Georgia(1996)
Virginia(1995)
Depaul(1987 vacated -- 1979)
Oregon St(1982)
Rutgers(1979)
South Carolina(1973)
Virginia Tech(1967)
Colorado(1963)
California(1960)
South Florida(n/a)
Nebraska(n/a)
Northwestern(n/a)
Arizona St(n/a)
South Florida(n/a)

Look on the bright side -- 13 of the 76 comparables have been worse**

tcdog70
11-22-2013, 07:04 PM
So what you are saying is that if we went to the sweet 16 one time, you would give Up winning the Sec outright and two Sec Tourneys. Not Me , if you go to the sweet 16 and lose , why is that so much better than winning the Sec Tourney. I would rather win twenty games every year and be Competitive than have one year where you go to the sweet sixteen and lose.