PDA

View Full Version : Rickea Jackson just put her name in the portal

klong-dog
01-24-2022, 08:37 PM
Kids are ridiculous. Right in the middle of the season. Quitter.

https://twitter.com/iamthathooper/status/1485786667516579840

NCMSTFAN
01-24-2022, 08:44 PM
There has been turmoil within the team (players). Novak discussed it after the Ole Miss game. I had a feeling this was coming.

Dawgology
01-24-2022, 09:00 PM
If she?s shitty enough to abandon the team mid season she needs to go. She will probably be successful nowhere

schddog72
01-24-2022, 09:08 PM
Kids are ridiculous. Right in the middle of the season. Quitter.

Next stop - Austin, TX

Hot Rock
01-24-2022, 09:15 PM
Quitting mid season.. I have never seen such. I will not wish her well. Just leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Do not expect nice, you quit. deal with it.

EdwardDrayton
01-24-2022, 09:20 PM
This means she?s not finishing the season?

NCMSTFAN
01-24-2022, 09:41 PM
Mid season transfer from the leading scorer in the SEC looks bad for our program. One of our assistant coaches has been gone for a month as well because of friction between her and Novak. We went from National Championship games to this. It's sad

NCMSTFAN
01-24-2022, 09:41 PM
This means she?s not finishing the season?.
No she is not

confucius say
01-24-2022, 09:46 PM
She's on Twitter hinting it may not have been her decision. Says she didn't quit and things are going on behind the scenes

ZedFedder
01-24-2022, 09:58 PM
They aren’t nearly where our women have been in the past, but it’s crazy how quickly OM and MSU have swapped spots in this sport. Thankfully it’s women’s basketball, not baseball or football.

EdwardDrayton
01-24-2022, 10:02 PM
I am about five minutes from closing the door on college athletics until the NCAA fixes this mess they?ve made.

Rawdawg
01-24-2022, 10:09 PM
Just shows you how fragile the women?s program is, and how few of our fans understood it at the height of the program. They were great for a few years but it always was a house of cards.

Cooterpoot
01-24-2022, 10:12 PM
Just shows you how fragile the women?s program is, and how few of our fans understood it at the height of the program. They were great for a few years but it always was a house of cards.

The "house of cards" were the scissor sisters. They started a domino effect that blew it up. And if everyone knew everything about Vic, they'd know he was no saint nor what some thought. Cohen called on the carpet for the stuff he was allowing. Texas offered and he got the hell out.

99jc
01-24-2022, 10:21 PM
The "house of cards" were the scissor sisters. They started a domino effect that blew it up. And if everyone knew everything about Vic, they'd know he was no saint nor what some thought. Cohen called on the carpet for the stuff he was allowing. Texas offered and he got the hell out.

i don't give a 17 if he was a saint or not or that this daughter was eating p^^^Y. i just want to win.

Commercecomet24
01-24-2022, 10:23 PM

Yep those 2 lit the fuse and all went nuclear after that.

Cooterpoot
01-24-2022, 10:27 PM
i don't give a 17 if he was a saint or not or that this daughter was eating p^^^Y. i just want to win.

And no coach in America would be allowed to have his own daughter on staff doing that. Cohen had no choice in how he handled it. Vic chose to leave. He was not forced to leave.

BrunswickDawg
01-24-2022, 10:28 PM

Well, you can fool a large flock when you add PTL to everything.

Leroy Jenkins
01-24-2022, 10:42 PM
Yep those 2 lit the fuse and all went nuclear after that.

Must have been the accent.

MaroonDawg4Life
01-24-2022, 11:50 PM
And I thought Vic was a good Christian man.

Todd4State
01-25-2022, 12:40 AM

LOL. I think pretty much every MSU fan understood that our women's program was at it's height considering that they had never done anything remotely like what they did under Schaefer EVER. Up until Schaefer Women's basketball was less successful than MSU football.

Todd4State
01-25-2022, 12:43 AM

I'm sure he is. Just because one of his family members chose to do something with her personal life doesn't change that. There are thousands of Christians that have homosexual family members. Not our place to judge anyway.

Todd4State
01-25-2022, 12:45 AM
And no coach in America would be allowed to have his own daughter on staff doing that. Cohen had no choice in how he handled it. Vic chose to leave. He was not forced to leave.

As he should. Really no different than Cann IMO.

Reunion Dog
01-25-2022, 03:39 AM
🐂💩. Get ALL your facts straight?.. This was on Cohen. He wanted him gone.

Pancho
01-25-2022, 06:23 AM
Why did cohen want him gone? Too much PTL n go dawgs?

Cooterpoot
01-25-2022, 07:59 AM
����. Get ALL your facts straight?.. This was on Cohen. He wanted him gone.

Now, I'm a hater, but Cohen didn't fire him. Cohen didn't want him gone. Hell, Cohen offered him a raise. Cohen gave him an ultimatum he chose to walk away from. He probably wouldn't have if his only coaching offer was SE LA, but it was Texas.

KentuckyDawg13
01-25-2022, 08:44 AM
Based on everything we have seen with this team (Vic leaving, Coach Pinson has to leave for medical, new players, assistant coaches fighting, etc.). Writing has been on the wall for awhile.

What sucks is even though she was the SEC leading scorer and all, she really never developed into the player she was projected to be. Her (lack of) defense will affect her draft status a tad, but she is going to crush next season...guaranteed.

It was fun while it lasted. Our school has proven we can get a National Championship in other sports, so it is what it is.

Ari Gold
01-25-2022, 09:28 AM
Again for the cheap seats ... It’s Women’s Basketball
Yes I want to win, and no I don’t worry about it if we dont.

The ride is over , it was a good one. Thanks for the memories Vic. And ***** remains undefeated

Commercecomet24
01-25-2022, 09:35 AM

The ride is over , it was a good one. Thanks for the memories Vic. And ***** remains undefeated

This pretty much sums it up.

SilentSteel16
01-25-2022, 09:37 AM
It will always remain undefeated unless the world continues to turn into Carl Nassibs…… only way to defeat it. Haha, but who wants it defeated?

smootness
01-25-2022, 10:53 AM
Who cares

OLJWales
01-25-2022, 11:15 AM
If she?s shitty enough to abandon the team mid season she needs to go. She will probably be successful nowhere

Yep.

CaptainObvious
01-25-2022, 11:20 AM
Who cares

Apparently the 7000 plus fans that were showing up for the Women?s games when 1500 were showing up for the Men?s games care.

Heck, some schools relish having successful minor athletics programs like Stanford or UCLA who are always competing for the ALL-Sports Trophy.

State has some success in a few minor sports but not championship level like schools with Swimming, Diving, Gymnastics, Cross-Country, Track&Field, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, LaCrosse, etc?

Like someone else said, I want State to win every sport they field a team or Individual in.

Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!

NCMSTFAN
01-25-2022, 12:25 PM
Who cares

I actually do. I know I'm in the minority on this board but just a few years ago we were playing for National Championships in Women's basketball. We were considered a powerhouse program with the likes of programs like UCONN and South Carolina during that time. As a long time MSU fan I take pride in winning at every sport. To go from National Championship games to this is bad, I want us to get this thing back on the right track. All it takes is one good hire, look at LSU's women's program this year under Mulkey, they went from 9-13 last year to 17-3 this year.

Ranchdawg
01-25-2022, 12:30 PM
I?m sorry but I wasn?t brought up that way. A lot of today?s generation it?s all about themselves and instant gratification. Thus we have NIL and transfer portal. The way I was taught that quitters, especially mid season, were akin to military deserters. I was taught to never ever quit a fight, team sport or even simple things. No matter how unfairly things were.

Also she is correct I don?t know what is going on behind closed doors in the program but obviously that?s a chicken way to put out to the public that there is troubles. You are leaving why not tell the problem so that we understand her reasoning for leaving mid season. The way she did it only caused resentment of her.

HoopsDawg
01-25-2022, 12:35 PM

All Day!

smootness
01-25-2022, 01:23 PM
I actually do. I know I'm in the minority on this board but just a few years ago we were playing for National Championships in Women's basketball. We were considered a powerhouse program with the likes of programs like UCONN and South Carolina during that time. As a long time MSU fan I take pride in winning at every sport. To go from National Championship games to this is bad, I want us to get this thing back on the right track. All it takes is one good hire, look at LSU's women's program this year under Mulkey, they went from 9-13 last year to 17-3 this year.

Right, but it is all about the coach. Our program got to those heights solely because of Vic Schaefer. So you have to find the next Schaefer...and that ain't easy. It's always the goal, but good luck doing it.

MaroonFlounder
01-25-2022, 01:46 PM
Well, you can fool a large flock when you add PTL to everything.

Yep. Hue Freez & the Landsharks come to mind

Gutter Cobreh
01-25-2022, 01:52 PM
Apparently the 7000 plus fans that were showing up for the Women?s games when 1500 were showing up for the Men?s games care.

Heck, some schools relish having successful minor athletics programs like Stanford or UCLA who are always competing for the ALL-Sports Trophy.

State has some success in a few minor sports but not championship level like schools with Swimming, Diving, Gymnastics, Cross-Country, Track&Field, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, LaCrosse, etc?

Like someone else said, I want State to win every sport they field a team or Individual in.

Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!

Hard to compete from an all-sports standpoint, when most of the minor programs you mention are simply club teams sponsored by the school.

I would love nothing more than to have lacrosse offered, but I'm biased to that sport because both my kids play it.

Even at the height of our WBB team, I believe we were still either losing money or barely breaking even. As others have said, it was fun while it lasted!!!

CooterDavenport
01-25-2022, 03:15 PM

You mean to tell me there were lesbians on a women's basketball team? I'm shocked. Shocked!

DawgNamedScuba
01-25-2022, 03:16 PM
Randomly on twitter.... saw this lol

https://twitter.com/sippiboomhauer/status/1485831239298916356?cxt=HHwWiIC56fno3Z4pAAAA

captaindog
01-25-2022, 03:42 PM
Randomly on twitter.... saw this lol

https://twitter.com/sippiboomhauer/status/1485831239298916356?cxt=HHwWiIC56fno3Z4pAAAA

It is so frustrating when people on Twitter put out these vague innuendos.****

Leroy Jenkins
01-25-2022, 04:31 PM
It is so frustrating when people on Twitter put out these vague innuendos.****

Well, he didn't say it was Bibby.*

Ari Gold
01-25-2022, 05:12 PM
Well, he didn't say it was Bibby.*

The real question is did Tim Washington join in on the fun?

MadDawg
01-25-2022, 05:21 PM
Who is Dawn Stanley?

Pancho
01-25-2022, 05:35 PM
dawn staleys cousin

NCMSTFAN
01-25-2022, 07:04 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C1f_10XT00Y&t=195s

Robbie Faulk explains some of what happened with Rickea

somebodyshotmypaw
01-26-2022, 08:46 PM
There seems to be a lot of people mad at Rickea for quitting during the season that applauded Cross and Emerson for doing the same thing.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-26-2022, 09:15 PM
There seems to be a lot of people mad at Rickea for quitting during the season that applauded Cross and Emerson for doing the same thing.
There is a difference between quitting in the middle of the season than skipping an exhibition game.

Irondawg
01-26-2022, 10:44 PM
Well assuming that rumor is true the issue was that Blair was on staff at the time and if that had come out in the media that would end both of their careers for good.

Cohen has no choice but to put a stop to that regardless of its consensual or not.

I actually thought she was good at calling games on tv/radio and was surprised she didn?t do that for more than a year.

Dak Holliday
01-26-2022, 11:01 PM
Well assuming that rumor is true the issue was that Blair was on staff at the time and if that had come out in the media that would end both of their careers for good.

Cohen has no choice but to put a stop to that regardless of its consensual or not.

I actually thought she was good at calling games on tv/radio and was surprised she didn?t do that for more than a year.

It?s a great scapegoat, for Cohen supporters. Steeped in hearsay. Impossible to really check. Not only gets him past losing VS, but also a full pardon. Great message board fodder. Elite level rumor.

Pancho
01-26-2022, 11:05 PM
So what's your angle on Vic leaving then?

Dak Holliday
01-26-2022, 11:17 PM
So what's your angle on Vic leaving then?

I had heard that Cohen pushed him out, but I cannot confirm nor deny. Same with this. This is either true or elite level rumor milling on someone?s part, though. And it?s a ton more salacious.

Pancho
01-26-2022, 11:42 PM
why cohen decide on his own to push out a guy who'd just been to about 3 final 4's and producing wnba level talent?

Dak Holliday
01-26-2022, 11:45 PM
why cohen decide on his own to push out a guy who'd just been to about 3 final 4's and producing wnba level talent?

From what I had been told, Cohen didn?t want a ton of competition for baseball. With the new Dude, he needed booster support and funding solely focused on baseball. True or not, it got us the NC, so I guess the end justifies the means.

Pancho
01-27-2022, 12:03 AM
You must be kidding. Did you notice who was actually attending the womens games? What funding was being focused on womens basketball? Cohen may be an ass but he's not brain dead and stupid. Why don't you just say Cohen got rid of Vic due to him saying PTL all the time? That would probably make more sense.

Irondawg
01-27-2022, 12:07 AM
Oddly enough that sounds less plausible than than the other story but stranger things have happened in sports politics.

Now there was another rumor at the time that Vic kept making demands (I have no idea what) to put more and more into the program and Cohen drew the line at a certain point which makes sense and might be something along the lines of what you were saying.

Also could have been a combination of both things.

All I know is that it came crashing down in a hurry and lots of blame to go around.

Dak Holliday
01-27-2022, 12:31 AM
You must be kidding. Did you notice who was actually attending the womens games? What funding was being focused on womens basketball? Cohen may be an ass but he's not brain dead and stupid. Why don't you just say Cohen got rid of Vic due to him saying PTL all the time? That would probably make more sense.

I didn?t say any of it. I heard it, and so far, it?s been as plausible as any other story thrown about. You asked what I heard, yet seem extremely pissed when I told you. Maybe you didn?t really want to know. 🤷🏼

Reunion Dog
01-27-2022, 02:26 AM

Pancho
01-27-2022, 07:06 AM
Informative yes.

NCMSTFAN
01-27-2022, 07:52 AM

Some reports are saying she didn't quit, and that she was asked to leave. Who knows, we will never fully know what happened with things like this.

Homedawg
01-27-2022, 10:52 AM
From what I had been told, Cohen didn?t want a ton of competition for baseball. With the new Dude, he needed booster support and funding solely focused on baseball. True or not, it got us the NC, so I guess the end justifies the means.

This is 100 kinds of dumb and wrong...

MoreCowbell
01-27-2022, 01:35 PM
Damn you Arike Ogunbowale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AROB44
01-27-2022, 02:28 PM
When Vic calls and leaves a msg on Dipshit Cohen?s vmail that he is flying out to Austin for an interview and DS Cohen doesn?t return his msg for over 48 hrs? what would you think?

DS Cohen was told by Keenum don?t let money be the issue ?.

Well why didn?t DS Cohen and Keenum fly to Austin and pick Vic up and counter offer and make things right? Because DS Cohen didn?t even attempt to fly out there and fly Vic and his wife back.

Keenum was told by DSC that he had made sure everything was put on the table money wise and State matched what TX offered? guess what? it wasn?t.

Keenum was also told in a one on one mtging with the former employee that he wanted to make sure he knew the whole story.

Keenum told Vic that?s not what he was told.

Believe what you want?. But DSC screwed this whole thing up. Untruths were told to the CEO to cover their own ass. That?s how that whole discussion ended.

Then DSC listens to the most militant Women?s basketball coach in America?. And was sold a bill of NO GOOD and our program came crashing down.

The Athletic department has been trying to spin this debacle to cover DSC?s ignorance ever since.

That?s the lack of leadership this athletic director has and until he is held responsible? nothing will change?. He is a puppet to a few arrogant 💰guys and they are drunk on their power. Football has been a debacle from day 1 of Moorehead till today. Got lucky with THIS Baseball coach?.. and it was his 3rd choice.

Be in denial all you want? but DSC and Bo Hemphill, who is DSC?s right hand YES man and the liberal Red Head Asst AD ?. They are all clueless idiots?.

Fire away at me all you want?. But there is so much crap buried among these 3 folks?. It would really piss you off.

Don?t believe me? then start digging around and find it for yourself. We are screwed until the Bryan Building is literally CLEANED OUT.

Time to burn it down and let the Phoenix rise from the ashes?..

And I am sure Cohen is totally responsible for worldwide hunger and poverty as well as world peace **********

HoopsDawg
01-27-2022, 04:34 PM

I'm glad I clicked on this thread again so I could read that. Wow, is there a single person that believes that? LOL, good stuff "Dak".

Dak Holliday
01-27-2022, 04:45 PM

👍🏼

Dak Holliday
01-27-2022, 04:48 PM
I'm glad I clicked on this thread again so I could read that. Wow, is there a single person that believes that? LOL, good stuff "Dak".

Do you believe that he left because somebody told you a completely unsubstantiated rumor that VS daughter was caught in a same sex relationship with a player and we had to let him go so that he could coach elsewhere without any issues? That?s a pretty good one, too, ?Hoopsdawg?. 😂

Pancho
01-27-2022, 08:25 PM
I didn?t say any of it. I heard it, and so far, it?s been as plausible as any other story thrown about. You asked what I heard, yet seem extremely pissed when I told you. Maybe you didn?t really want to know. 🤷🏼

I think you think way more of your opinion than any other air breathing human but please do continue to entertain us. I'm not pissed but I'll admit I do get a good chuckle from reading this.

Dak Holliday
01-27-2022, 09:20 PM
I think you think way more of your opinion than any other air breathing human but please do continue to entertain us. I'm not pissed but I'll admit I do get a good chuckle from reading this.

I couldn?t care less what you think. Aren?t you the guy, Pancho Libre, that so poetically posted about cougars in Oxford sucking Corral?s cock? You don?t strike me as an intellectual or sports savant. I didn?t ask for your opinion, but I did come here to state mine. Why else would one post? Almost all the content of every public forum is opinion stated by people that want to be heard, to engage in the conversation. I?m glad you got a good chuckle out of it since you asked about it. Atleast our exchange did something for you.

Pancho
01-27-2022, 10:11 PM
yea and I'm still laughing at how important u think u are. And yes the corral stories are true but I'm not posting the photos or continuing to go on and on about it cuz stuff just happens man. Observation is obviously a strong point for you. i hate the fact that you weren't aware or you would still be posting about it. You think highly of Dak holliday so good for you. I do enjoy your literature though. Thanks for the fun.

Dak Holliday
01-27-2022, 10:29 PM
yea and I'm still laughing at how important u think u are. And yes the corral stories are true but I'm not posting the photos or continuing to go on and on about it cuz stuff just happens man. Observation is obviously a strong point for you. i hate the fact that you weren't aware or you would still be posting about it. You think highly of Dak holliday so good for you. I do enjoy your literature though. Thanks for the fun.

I?d venture that most QB1s get similar treatment regardless of school. No need to bring up the obvious.
Enjoy. I came to talk when I?m away from home. Unfortunately, I get sucked in when I?m there, now, too. Good night, Pancho Libre.

Pancho
01-28-2022, 12:21 AM
nite nite and rest easy man