PDA

View Full Version : We have now been passed.

Pinto
01-24-2022, 04:58 PM
Thanks Cohen.
https://twitter.com/olemisswbb/status/1485674270470680577

Tater
01-24-2022, 05:09 PM
This is a loser post to make 2 days after our men beat their men by double digits.

No sexism, but Men's basketball drives a significantly higher revenue. It's the second biggest sport on average at schools.

This is just pure whiny bullshit. You average about 7.5 posts for month, if they're going to be this bad, you should knock that number down to 0.5 max

Cooterpoot
01-24-2022, 05:11 PM
Well, our best player just hit the portal too. It's well past dumpster fire level. It's going to have to be completely rebuilt with a whole new staff and new players.
Cohen has a full season head start to get a coach. He'll probably still 17 it up.

EdwardDrayton
01-24-2022, 05:23 PM
Well, our best player just hit the portal too. It's well past dumpster fire level. It's going to have to be completely rebuilt with a whole new staff and new players.
Cohen has a full season head start to get a coach. He'll probably still 17 it up.

Who is transferring?

Maroonthirteen
01-24-2022, 05:46 PM
Who gives a damn? I don't. Cheers.

OLJWales
01-24-2022, 05:49 PM
Is this Ole Miss Lady Hoops Smack on ED?

sleepy dawg
01-24-2022, 06:32 PM
Who gives a damn? I don't. Cheers.

Me neither. It was cool while we were a top team in the country, but if we're not that, then I just go back to my normal level of care for women's basketball. none.

DownwardDawg
01-24-2022, 06:59 PM
Is this Ole Miss Lady Hoops Smack on ED?

We've reached a new low here.

Maroonthirteen
01-24-2022, 07:10 PM
I should clarify. I couldn't care less about OM Women's basketball. Id like for State to be good. However, I had no idea how OM Women's hoops was doing.

Also, One thing I have learned over the years. Anytime State raises a program and has success. OM doubles it's efforts in that particular sport.

BrunswickDawg
01-25-2022, 07:45 AM
I should clarify. I couldn't care less about OM Women's basketball. Id like for State to be good. However, I had no idea how OM Women's hoops was doing.

Also, One thing I have learned over the years. Anytime State raises a program and has success. OM doubles it's efforts in that particular sport.

I wouldn't call what Ole Miss has done "raising the program" to our level. They are having a good season and have let their coach build the team over the past 4 seasons. People forget too - from the time OM started their program in '74 until 1997 when Van Chancellor left, they were a very good program. Far, far better than ours, with 4 Elite Eight teams from '85-'92 and appearances in the first 10 NCAA tourneys from '82-'92

PGHBulldogBG
01-25-2022, 08:03 AM
Until they win a title in it or get to 2 back to back titles then we can talk about their program vs ours. Just like in baseball they can talk once they win a title or get to a final 4 in mens basketball. Football is the only sport we are kind of on equal ground with them looking at the last 30 years. They do have 3 NY6 appearance but they cheated to get 2 of those and we have a division title and #1 ranking.

Cooterpoot
01-25-2022, 08:04 AM
It's pretty easy to build a women's program with the right coach. Show of hands that believes Cohen can hire the right person???

Cooterpoot
01-25-2022, 08:05 AM
Until they win a title in it or get to 2 back to back titles then we can talk about their program vs ours. Just like in baseball they can talk once they win a title or get to a final 4 in mens basketball. Football is the only sport we are kind of on equal ground with them looking at the last 30 years. They do have 3 NY6 appearance but they cheated to get 2 of those and we have a division title and #1 ranking.

You do realize they were once a women's basketball power right? They didn't win a Natty but they were up there.

KentuckyDawg13
01-25-2022, 08:10 AM
nfm

BrunswickDawg
01-25-2022, 08:40 AM
It's pretty easy to build a women's program with the right coach. Show of hands that believes Cohen can hire the right person???

Typically, I'd say its a 50/50 proposition. But, it has become such a flaming dumpster fire that I think whoever is hired we are going to have to be patient with and give them at least 3-4 years to purge and rebuild.
I think with the turnover and lack of program direction, a new coach is going to have to cut out a lot of cancer before we will be good again. It will likely get worse before it gets better now.

One other note - this shows how miraculous and resilient our baseball program is/was during their stretch of 4 coaches in 4 years. What we are seeing in women's basketball right now is what happens in athletic programs that have high turnover and instability.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-25-2022, 08:58 AM
This post also exposes the obsession for all things Ole Miss by a large portion of the fanbase.

It's women's basketball. Let it go

Cooterpoot
01-25-2022, 08:59 AM
Typically, I'd say its a 50/50 proposition. But, it has become such a flaming dumpster fire that I think whoever is hired we are going to have to be patient with and give them at least 3-4 years to purge and rebuild.
I think with the turnover and lack of program direction, a new coach is going to have to cut out a lot of cancer before we will be good again. It will likely get worse before it gets better now.

One other note - this shows how miraculous and resilient our baseball program is/was during their stretch of 4 coaches in 4 years. What we are seeing in women's basketball right now is what happens in athletic programs that have high turnover and instability.

A blind squirrel with glaucoma could win in baseball here. Cohen needs to hire a proven coach but we know that won't happen. I'd rather us eliminate a program than suck at it (I know we can't) and just put that money into football.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-25-2022, 09:28 AM
Not worried about it. Cohen will make the right hire to right the ship.

Ari Gold
01-25-2022, 09:35 AM
This post also exposes the obsession for all things Ole Miss by a large portion of the fanbase.

At least one guy gets it..

Fader21
01-25-2022, 10:00 AM
Just wait til OP finds out Women's Golf for UM is national champions!

OLJWales
01-25-2022, 10:15 AM
Just wait til OP finds out Women's Golf for UM is national champions!

I remember when our men"s golf was decent. What happened? Didn't we have a highly ranked all around program involving turf mgt , country club mgt and stuff?

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2022, 11:38 AM

This is like the 4th-5th thread started in the last week about something OM related. We really do a crappy job dispelling the notion that we?re not obsessed with them. And if we are can we please do it in a sport that 97% of the country actually cares about.

State82
01-25-2022, 12:25 PM
Who or what is this "UM" of which everyone speaks?

Johnson85
01-25-2022, 12:35 PM
Me neither. It was cool while we were a top team in the country, but if we're not that, then I just go back to my normal level of care for women's basketball. none.

Yea, I would prefer us to be good to being bad, but it's really not that big of a deal. If it's not football, men's basketball, or baseball, it just doesn't matter much at all (and we're one of the few schools that baseball matters). To the extent the women being good hurt men's basketball attendance (not that I buy that argument), it's better for us to be bad unless we are competing for a national championship and getting the exposure that comes with that.

MoreCowbell
01-25-2022, 01:03 PM
No one cares

SailingDawg
01-25-2022, 02:39 PM
This is a loser post to make 2 days after our men beat their men by double digits.

No sexism, but Men's basketball drives a significantly higher revenue. It's the second biggest sport on average at schools.

This is just pure whiny bullshit. You average about 7.5 posts for month, if they're going to be this bad, you should knock that number down to 0.5 max

It's not a loser post when the last coach brought in sellout crowds and made it to two straight championship games.

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2022, 02:59 PM
It's not a loser post when the last coach brought in sellout crowds and made it to two straight championship games.

No it kind of is. You are mad that they have passed us in a sport that 98% of the country does not give one iota of a crap about. Did you complain when they passed us in softball too? They bring the same amount of revenue to the University. NONE

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-25-2022, 03:01 PM

And had a complete melt down choke in the second one

Pinto
01-25-2022, 03:08 PM
So according to the most vocal posters on this board we can only care about sports that produce revenue and more than 70% of the country cares about. According to the latest financials, that leaves MSU with two sports: Football and Men?s Basketball.

Mods please close down all posts about any other MSU sports including baseball since these sports don?t meet the set criteria of the board.

No it kind of is. You are mad that they have passed us in a sport that 98% of the country does not give one iota of a crap about. Did you complain when they passed us in softball too? They bring the same amount of revenue to the University. NONE

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2022, 03:38 PM
So according to the most vocal posters on this board we can only care about sports that produce revenue and more than 70% of the country cares about. According to the latest financials, that leaves MSU with two sports: Football and Men?s Basketball.

Mods please close down all posts about any other MSU sports including baseball since these sports don?t meet the set criteria of the board.

Not at all. Most are however tired of seeing the same damn thread 5 different ways. We get it, the women?s basketball cult is mad that they are not relevant anymore.

PGHBulldogBG
01-25-2022, 03:40 PM
You do realize they were once a women's basketball power right? They didn't win a Natty but they were up there.

Wasn?t that over 30 years ago? I wouldn?t know because I am only 34 so I don?t really remember much before 95. I?m talking more modern era

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-25-2022, 04:09 PM
Not at all. Most are however tired of seeing the same damn thread 5 different ways. We get it, the women?s basketball cult is mad that they are not relevant anymore.

They are the Vic Schaefer cult, not the Women's BB cult

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2022, 04:58 PM
They are the Vic Schaefer cult, not the Women's BB cult

You are as correct as THE Bruce Dickinson knowing that he heard a killer sound.

Tater
01-25-2022, 05:00 PM
This is a loser post because of its timing.

It comes right on the heels of us dragging them in men's basketball. Didn't see me ripping anyone being mad about us losing games or losing to them in WBB right in the wake of it.

This post, however, was timed to be right when as a fanbase, we should be owning basketball bragging rights for at least a week. Again, it's a loser post.

Tater
01-25-2022, 05:36 PM
LMAO. Someone that butt hurt they had to give negative rep anonymously? Weak

SailingDawg
01-25-2022, 06:01 PM

I didn?t say I supported this statement.

Pinto
01-25-2022, 06:30 PM
Dumbass the post was made the day the poll came out. The only timing issue is in your head.

This is a loser post because of its timing.

It comes right on the heels of us dragging them in men's basketball. Didn't see me ripping anyone being mad about us losing games or losing to them in WBB right in the wake of it.

This post, however, was timed to be right when as a fanbase, we should be owning basketball bragging rights for at least a week. Again, it's a loser post.

Tater
01-25-2022, 06:33 PM
Dumbass the post was made the day the poll came out. The only timing issue is in your head.

You're the loser searching for OM rankings in any sport. This is an MSU board. Reassess priorities. You're dangerously above your post avereage and no progress being made. Stop. Post less.

Pinto
01-25-2022, 06:38 PM
It was on all of social media. No need to search.

Also who checks post stats? That?s just weird.

Don?t forget you can?t take a lap without the L!

You're the loser searching for OM rankings in any sport. This is an MSU board. Reassess priorities. You're dangerously above your post avereage and no progress being made. Stop. Post less.

Tater
01-25-2022, 06:44 PM
It was on all of social media. No need to search.

Also who checks post stats? That?s just weird.

Don?t forget you can?t take a lap without the L!

I check when someone comes posting positive ole miss shit to see if I need to report them. So again, post less. Loser thread. Loser poster.

Pinto
01-25-2022, 06:49 PM
Dude the next time life calls you really need to answer the phone.

I check when someone comes posting positive ole miss shit to see if I need to report them. So again, post less. Loser thread. Loser poster.

Tater
01-25-2022, 07:15 PM
Dude the next time life calls you really need to answer the phone.

Says the guy seeing pro OM content on his social media (I have plenty of social media and didn't see this) AND deciding that they need to share it on an MSU message board.

Uno reverse your advice.

R2Dawg
01-25-2022, 07:19 PM
We were passed way before OM got ranked.

Dak Holliday
01-26-2022, 12:33 PM
For a few yrs, WBB was something many of us felt would break the ice on a Natty. I hate that it?s gone the way it has, and not certain I believe VS got asked to leave for his daughter eating out down under, but if it?s true, I get it. Now, that said, I?d take 1 baseball Natty to 5 WBB NCs.
Tater, did you really tell him that you were making sure that you didn?t need to report him? 😂

Dawgology
01-26-2022, 02:01 PM

That's some gestapo level stuff

Dak Holliday
01-26-2022, 03:54 PM
That's some gestapo level stuff

😂 I think the more modern term is Karen.

MadDawg
01-26-2022, 05:38 PM
LMAO. Someone that butt hurt they had to give negative rep anonymously? Weak

So you are saying someone reported Karen to the manager?

Pancho
01-26-2022, 05:53 PM
Karen is in really bad shape.

Dak Holliday
01-26-2022, 10:34 PM
So you are saying someone reported Karen to the manager?

our friend named Karen HATES that term and how it?s used. 😂 sucks to really be named Karen.

Dak Holliday
01-26-2022, 10:40 PM
For a few yrs, WBB was something many of us felt would break the ice on a Natty. I hate that it?s gone the way it has, and not certain I believe VS got asked to leave for his daughter eating out down under, but if it?s true, I get it. Now, that said, I?d take 1 baseball Natty to 5 WBB NCs.
Tater, did you really tell him that you were making sure that you didn?t need to report him? 😂

I guess only Cooterpoot would appreciate my skillful word play in this one.

tireddawg
01-28-2022, 12:35 AM
😂 I think the more modern term is Karen.

I was gonna say arrogant small fry, but I like Karen. Reporting office is ➡️

Tater
01-28-2022, 01:03 AM
this site is meant for dawgs and not ole miss trolls. non-dawg fans (other than tusk and WPS are not welcome)

i think a bunch of you in this thread missed that.

you act like hitting the report and saying "colonel bear shark fan" takes more than 10 seconds out my day. i guess, to be fair, 10 seconds is a long time for you limp dicked lunatics

Dak Holliday
01-28-2022, 09:11 AM
this site is meant for dawgs and not ole miss trolls. non-dawg fans (other than tusk and WPS are not welcome)

i think a bunch of you in this thread missed that.

you act like hitting the report and saying "colonel bear shark fan" takes more than 10 seconds out my day. i guess, to be fair, 10 seconds is a long time for you limp dicked lunatics

😂 tattletale Tater, just take pride in smashing trolls and folks that wander in looking to start trouble, if you can. But if you can?t, I guess if searching peoples profiles, trying to determine how often they can post- according to you, and if you disagree with them, in the hope to report them makes you a hard dicked badass then its a reasonable approach. 😂
I can not tell you how much I have enjoyed thinking about you, an adult man, telling that poster, probably another adult man, that you were watching him to see if you needed to report him. 😂 😂 😂

OLJWales
01-28-2022, 12:31 PM

Starting a thread about the Success of OM lady hoops is a loser post IMO. I can see mentioning them maybe in a Lady Bulldog thread but not a new one. It's women's sports and our Men had just whipped theirs.

We all know we've sucked since Vik left; no need to expound with an OM thread.

Tater
01-28-2022, 04:11 PM
�� tattletale Tater, just take pride in smashing trolls and folks that wander in looking to start trouble, if you can. But if you can?t, I guess searching peoples profiles, trying to determine how often they can post- according to you, and if you disagree with them in hopes to report them makes you a hard dicked badass and is a reasonable approach. ��
I can not tell you how much I have enjoyed thinking about you, an adult man, telling that poster, probably another adult man, that you were watching him to see if you needed to report him. �� �� ��
Searching profile?

I literally move my eye to the left under their username. You have this weird fantasy you concocted showing a deep lack of understanding of the internet.

Such a weird take to laugh at a state fan stating the obvious quick and easy method of letting scoob know someone snuck through the crack.

Dak Holliday
01-28-2022, 05:26 PM
Searching profile?

I literally move my eye to the left under their username. You have this weird fantasy you concocted showing a deep lack of understanding of the internet.

Such a weird take to laugh at a state fan stating the obvious quick and easy method of letting scoob know someone snuck through the crack.

Naw, it?s just creative license allowing me to paint the picture I want folks to mentally see as they read about you furiously looking for reasons to report someone. 😂 I still can?t believe that you told someone that you were gonna report them. 😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Adult men acting as Karen and proudly proclaiming it is a weird take. 😂

OLJWales
01-28-2022, 06:35 PM
This Shit's Getting Weird. Wandering off the Originally intended ED path a bit much? Include me in the "needs punishment" list if warranted as I have been banned for a year before but I'm just saying with no direct disrespect intended.

Dak Holliday
01-28-2022, 06:52 PM
This Shit's Getting Weird. Wandering off the Originally intended ED path a bit much? Include me in the "needs punishment" list if warranted as I have been banned for a year before but I'm just saying with no direct disrespect intended.

You got banned for a year?!? What did you do?

OLJWales
01-29-2022, 05:04 AM
You got banned for a year?!? What did you do?

Called a teenaged "climate expert " the B Word.

Pancho
01-29-2022, 07:25 AM
Those types are everywhere just blending into society. You should see their reactions when I shake their hand in the convenience store. I mean it is hard to see their face with the mask but the realization that they just shook the hand of someone without a mask is priceless.

Dak Holliday
01-29-2022, 10:01 AM
Called a teenaged "climate expert " the B Word.

Greta whatever her name was?

OLJWales
01-29-2022, 11:52 AM
Yep.

Tater
01-29-2022, 12:37 PM
Those types are everywhere just blending into society. You should see their reactions when I shake their hand in the convenience store. I mean it is hard to see their face with the mask but the realization that they just shook the hand of someone without a mask is priceless.

iamverybadass is on reddit bud. no one thinks you're cool for that. you're literally doing what anti-maskers have cried about for two years. you're not respecting other people's personal decisions. definition of hypocrisy.

Pancho
01-29-2022, 01:31 PM
No Idea what a reddit is Tater. Who cries? I have no knowledge of such. If a person feels like wearing a mask then they by all means should. I think many of our so called elected leaders are hypocrites as is the young lady OLJWales mentioned.

OLJWales
01-29-2022, 01:34 PM
Delete

Pancho
01-29-2022, 01:35 PM
Greta